Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

hahaha this guy is just the loving worst

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Good choice defense. This guy is totally helping your case.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
loving lmao if trump manages to get yet another lawyer sent to jail

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

We’ve reached the A Few Good Men part of the trial!

https://i.imgur.com/woElmAv.mp4

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

he's certainly violating his continued duty of loyalty to someone who he admitted under oath he considered a client.

jokes aside, this is reasonable grounds for a bar complaint and exactly why attorneys do not loving testify against former clients unless compelled by law

Goatson
Oct 21, 2020

The real 12 points was the Thug-Friends we made along the way
Trump surrounds himself with only the best people

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

kazil posted:

hahaha this guy is just the loving worst

I am shocked he didn't finish the request with "honey" or "Babycakes" or something like that.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

explosivo posted:

Do you think Trump ever has a moment of George Bluth Sr. "I have the worst loving attorneys" lucidity or is he just too zonked out due to not being on uppers at this moment to pay attention to how poorly things are going?

Iunno, when they asked Stormy Daniels how famous Trmup is and what a great golfer he his, he probably smirked and said to himself, “you know, these lawyers have great brains, big brains” while whatever passes for music in his head bounced around his skull

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

We'll have to continue with this clown tomorrow

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

I've got a fever, and the only prescription- is more Costello

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The defense calls... the clone of Adolf Hitler

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I'm probably shouldn't admit this here because some goons are unhinged but I share the same name with this guy, and it was funny when he would come up in the news I got nasty DM's a few times when I had twitter.

I kinda regret deleting my account now.

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 21:41 on May 20, 2024

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
i'm excited for the prosecution have the whole evening to think of even more ways to full on Home Alone 2 Costello in cross

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

lol just so much winning

MAGA

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Sedgr posted:

Cohen and Costello starring in the hilarious comedy Who Cons Worst?

Cohen and Costello in "A Legal Farce"

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

I was absolutely not expecting this. You;d think a slimy lawyer would be sort of cunning, sly, prepared. This guys is just a loud rear end in a top hat saying random, seemingly conflicting things. Just lying about other lies, badly, all the way down.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Well that was an exhausting day

JoeBangles
Mar 23, 2005

Parlez-vous grenouille ?

Commodore_64 posted:

I was absolutely not expecting this. You;d think a slimy lawyer would be sort of cunning, sly, prepared. This guys is just a loud rear end in a top hat saying random, seemingly conflicting things. Just lying about other lies, badly, all the way down.

Yeah, that's what bad, slimy lawyers do. The good, slimy ones work for large corporations or for wealthy individuals who pay them handsomely.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

kazil posted:

lol just so much winning

MAGA

the fact this has gone one minute after 4:30 is already wild with how Merchan keeps schedule

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I can see Trump being stupid enough to want to keep his potential testimony a secret until the last moment because he’d see it as good TV twist stuff, and not, you know, wishy washy, desperate flailing by a bunch of headless chickens.

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I'm probably shouldn't admit this here because some goons are unhinged but I share the same name with this guy, and it was funny when he would come up in the news I got nasty DM's a few times when I had twitter.

I kinda regret deleting my account now.

All this time I thought you were the Nelson Mandingo.

Damanation
Apr 16, 2018

Congratulations!

I can certainly see why the defense was so eager to call this witness they didn’t want to wait until tomorrow. You really need time to take in and reflect on his testimony.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
That was loving hilarious. A witness (who is a lawyer) calling for something to be stricken from the record? :lol:

How will this not be finished tomorrow? It sounds like they'll have this nut off within an hour, defense rests, then closing statements, then jury deliberation.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

lol Blanche just moved to dismiss the case. Looks like we aren't done yet!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

the defense should come back tomorrow and, first thing, say, "YOUR HONOR, MR. COSTELLO DIED ON THE WAY BACK TO HIS HOME PLANET."

i think that is a winning strategy

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
This Costello dude sounds like he sucks!

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

RocketRaygun posted:

"Hey judge I know our witness just hella pissed you off but can you do us a solid and make this go away?"

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Commodore_64 posted:

It's because it's what TRUMP wants to see.

Trump doesn't think he can go to jail because he's IMMUNE but uh...

nerox
May 20, 2001

RocketRaygun posted:

Just curious, I assume the defense did ask for a directed verdict earlier after the prosecution rested right?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

RocketRaygun posted:

Scags McDouglas posted:

"Hey judge I know our witness just hella pissed you off but can you do us a solid and make this go away?"

this is actually procedurally proper -- the prosecution's case just ended, you have to do it now or risk waiver. may sound ridiculous but this is a baseline thing any defense attorney would do regardless of the strength of evidence because it's part of how you can potentially appeal

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

lol

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

To the moon!!!!!!

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
it's the courtroom equivalent of the The Aristocrats joke

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
*cashes out 401k with penalty*

I'm ready to invest it all for MAGA!!! make them libs cry

*actually does it*

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uswtrbtPnG4&t=40s

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

I previously thought Cohen must be pretty astute to recognize Trump's offer of representation to be a play to throw him under the bus, but after reading these transcripts this guys is just ridiculously shady. I mean I guess he might use a different tact when shmoozing a target to undermine with bad legal advice, and not the 110% piss off judge mode, but I am not so sure.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

If your company loses hundreds of millions of dollars it must be a giant operation. Therefore the market cap and the stock price is bound to increase!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Oh poo poo after hours stuff, sorry!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

How long was the courtroom cleared for?