Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It was great posting with you all
🫡

I’m meeting friends at Tavern United and gonna pay way more than I should for stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

The sportsbar at rogers arena had their reservations all booked up before I could get to it, and then some dillhole rented out my favourite sports bar downtown for a private viewing party. So I'm just going to go to my local neighbourhood sports bar which isn't that great but should still do the job.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

I got a bit of a Good Will Hunting situation. A beautiful woman asked me if I'd be at a dance today, and I said yep for sure without thinking what day it was. And it overlaps with the game completely.

Godspeed Canucks o7

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Escape Goat posted:

I got a bit of a Good Will Hunting situation. A beautiful woman asked me if I'd be at a dance today, and I said yep for sure without thinking what day it was. And it overlaps with the game completely.

Godspeed Canucks o7

you could do a sitcom thing where you run back and forth between the dance and a local sports bar until getting caught wearing your dancing outfit by your bar friends/bar outfit by your dance friend

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
appreciate ESPN scheduling their programming so that the as-of-yet biggest game in his career of the current face of the NHL is getting pre-empted by regular season basketball. although probably they should thank Caitlin Clark for the lead-in tbh

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

appreciate ESPN scheduling their programming so that the as-of-yet biggest game in his career of the current face of the NHL is getting pre-empted by regular season basketball. although probably they should thank Caitlin Clark for the lead-in tbh

Caitlin Clark's got like 5 games with better ratings than anything the NHL has ever done. They're making the right choice.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Puck drop is also 920

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Aphrodite posted:

Caitlin Clark's got like 5 games with better ratings than anything the NHL has ever done. They're making the right choice.

oh 100%. just wild to not move the game 15 minutes later!

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013
If only they had like a second channel that they could put it on instead and actually have a pre game show or something.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Jhet posted:

If only they had like a second channel that they could put it on instead and actually have a pre game show or something.

And preempt or potentially delay a repeat of “Cornhole: 2024 Cornhole Mania”?! Unthinkable.

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis
I went on Twitter for the first time in a while to see the live-tweets for the Oilers-Canucks game. Holy poo poo the replies to Frank Seravalli about Boeser are all anti-vax insanity. Twitter is loving unusable now.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Albino Squirrel posted:

I went on Twitter for the first time in a while to see the live-tweets for the Oilers-Canucks game. Holy poo poo the replies to Frank Seravalli about Boeser are all anti-vax insanity. Twitter is loving unusable now.

Guessing no one is mentioning Brandon Sutter or Jonathan Toews who both basically had their careers ended for them from long covid symptoms

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Guessing no one is mentioning Brandon Sutter or Jonathan Toews who both basically had their careers ended for them from long covid symptoms
Nah, but someone paged this ex-doctor from Canada who's gone fully off the anti-vax deep end. If you say "William Makis" three times he shows up in your house to yell at you about Turbo Cancer.

e: also both my kids are cheering against the Oilers because 'they will always let you down and we don't want to be sad like Daddy." I guess that means I'm a success as a father?

GoonGPT
May 26, 2006

Posting for a better future, today!

Albino Squirrel posted:

Nah, but someone paged this ex-doctor from Canada who's gone fully off the anti-vax deep end. If you say "William Makis" three times he shows up in your house to yell at you about Turbo Cancer.

e: also both my kids are cheering against the Oilers because 'they will always let you down and we don't want to be sad like Daddy." I guess that means I'm a success as a father?

Cheering for the Canucks because you don't want to be let down is a bold move...

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Albino Squirrel posted:

loving lol.

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

GoonGPT posted:

Cheering for the Canucks because you don't want to be let down is a bold move...
Ahhhh see the genius is that they get to cheer for 31 other teams!

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I hate all 4 teams left, this season sucks. I hope the Rangers win it just out of spite.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

The Edmonton Oilers: Canada's team brought to you by Boston Pizza

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

i hope florida takes it all now

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

CLAM DOWN posted:

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

The plucky Cinderella team the Edmonton Oilers. Only team still in it that didn't win their division.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

CLAM DOWN posted:

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
Is Vancouver going to burn down now? I vaguely recall them not handling game 7 disappointments well.

Go Stars, huge Dallas fan over here... Have been for about 15 minutes now.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I like Dallas the best of the remaining teams. They got Ty-ty, they got Joe Pavelski (OGWAC extraordinaire), and the team would be 100% likeable if they didn't have Ryan Suter. But overall, pretty good. Easy to root for.

Florida is also fine with me. Great team on paper, Tkachuk is funny, etc. I would like to see a Dallas-Florida final, personally.

Edmonton I don't particularly care about. It'd be fun to see McDavid and Draisaitl finally win something, but it would also be funny if they didn't. Entertaining either way.

gently caress the Rangers

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
McLeod losing the puck was almost heartbreaking, but the team made it.

Betting Oilers-Stars is gonna be a grindfest or constant blowouts.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Misanthrope posted:

Is Vancouver going to burn down now? I vaguely recall them not handling game 7 disappointments well.

https://x.com/FCKErikinho/status/1792765193854050327

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Wish that was real!!!

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Yeah, I posted it in the GDT for a reason.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Furnaceface posted:

I hate all 4 teams left, this season sucks. I hope the Rangers win it just out of spite.

I can't even hate all 4 teams, just who cares.

I guess lol if edm fucks it up yet again.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

stars in 3

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I would like for the Dallas Stars to defeat the Oilers and then win the Stanley Cup

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

A little disappointed to see Canadians not getting behind Canada's Team.

What would B****n Pizza think?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

I'm gonna go ahead and guess that Vancouver's police don't wear uniforms that say "Portland" on them.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

grack posted:

I'm gonna go ahead and guess that Vancouver's police don't wear uniforms that say "Portland" on them.

dammit i've been hoodwinked

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

I'd like to think our fans are better than that. They should throw fireworks at police when they win, too.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

lol at the broom

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Jamwad Hilder posted:

gently caress the Rangers

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Today is a good day!

Very excited that Columbus will now be convinced that Ken Holland is the best man for their job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Albino Squirrel posted:

Look at QTs not replies, the replies are all gonna be the kind of guy who pays for twitter