Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Sunabouzu
Nov 13, 2009

The face of true terror.

-----------> http://www.moddb.com/mods/jaykin-bacon-episode-three <-----------

Hi there! I'm Mr. Sunabouzu. You may remember me from mods such as gm_apartment, GMod Tower, and Elevator: Source.

Half-Life 2: Episode 3 Jaykin Bacon is a spiritual successor to the little-known mod Half-Life 2: Jaykin Bacon. Jaykin Bacon is a goldsource deathmatch mod created by The Podunkian and was a very fun little mod. A large team of source modders, myself among them, have set out to create something similar to Jaykin Bacon in the actual source engine, mostly because we love the original game and have nothing better to do with our lives.

What will be in Jaykin Bacon Episode 3?

Everything that was in the original Jaykin Bacon, and more. Check out the Moddb page for juice details.

Deathmatch: Standard. Kill everyone else.

Battle Royale: You get one gun and one life. Last man standing is the winner.

Gungame: Get a kill with every gun to win.

Snake vs. Terrorists: One player is Solid Snake, everyone else are guards. Snake must sneak his way to the kerotan or kill every guard to win.

Snake vs Monkeys: One player is Solid Snake, everyone else are short monkeys. Snake must charge his way to the frog armed with lots of guns while the monkeys try to kill him, and are able to respawn.

Scientist Hunt: To early to say exactly, but it's gonna involve hunting scientists. Scientists who shout a line recorded for us by kleiner's actual voice actor, Harry S Robins. See videos below.

Currently it's in a closed beta of 200+ players. We have no estimation of a release date but it's not like this game is very difficult to make or anything.

See you on the field of battle.

Mr. Sunabouzu fucked around with this message at 22:21 on May 19, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
Will I still have my "summon a storm of flower petals and play Snake Eater" toggle?

Mr. Sunabouzu
Nov 13, 2009

The face of true terror.

Iron Prince posted:

Will I still have my "summon a storm of flower petals and play Snake Eater" toggle?

Yeah that function was the first thing we did.

Dr. Derek
Jan 1, 2010

Faster than a dead horse falling through orbit

Hey, I'm helping in making this.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Are...are those scientists threatening to peel me apart??? I have never heard of this mod before but I think I'm in love already.

Mr. Sunabouzu
Nov 13, 2009

The face of true terror.

ChickenHeart posted:

Are...are those scientists threatening to peel me apart??? I have never heard of this mod before but I think I'm in love already.

Fun Fact: Kleiner's actual voice actor recorded that for us.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Do you know what you guys should make if you get bored again? A source version of Boxwar.

That was an amazing mod. Everyone is a box, in a warehouse full of boxes, and you have to figure out which box is trying to kill you.

Mr. Giggles
Nov 4, 2009
Elevator Source was the Mod of the Century. Do you have a full weapons list somewhere?

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Mr. Sunabouzu posted:

Fun Fact: Kleiner's actual voice actor recorded that for us.

That was actually him? I heard it but I didn't believe it, I thought you guys got those lines through scrapped files on the disk or something. You gotta be proud :)

I'm watching this thread. I love these types of games.

Mr. Sunabouzu
Nov 13, 2009

The face of true terror.

Mr. Giggles posted:

Elevator Source was the Mod of the Century. Do you have a full weapons list somewhere?

We're just kind of adding them as we feel like it. Most (if not all) the jb weapons will appear along with whatever dumb nonsense we think of.

Dr. Derek
Jan 1, 2010

Mr. Sunabouzu posted:

We're just kind of adding them as we feel like it. Most (if not all) the jb weapons will appear along with whatever dumb nonsense we think of.

Also, we're likely to include most of the weapons from rocket crowbar and some scientist hunt weapons.

jimbomcb
Oct 4, 2011

Dr. Derek posted:

Hey, I'm helping in making this.

me too dude

Cromlech
Jan 5, 2007

TOODLES
Does Podunkian have any role in this mod's development or not? Like even an advisor role or something? (edit: oh hes a voice actor but whatever) I'm sure he had tons of ideas back when he actually said he'd make it. I'd love for this to be as fun as the original, it was probably the most fun HL1 DM mod me and my friends ever played.

I trust you guys though since Elevator was pretty proper and had the quirkiness of his mods - it seems like a natural fit.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS

I keep getting absolutely owned because I'm terrible at video games but dubstep gun is pretty freakin' sweet.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I just learned that this was a thing last week and I am seriously loving excited about it. Jaykin Bacon is more fun than most actual $60 video games.

Dr. Derek
Jan 1, 2010

Cromlech posted:

Does Podunkian have any role in this mod's development or not? Like even an advisor role or something? (edit: oh hes a voice actor but whatever) I'm sure he had tons of ideas back when he actually said he'd make it. I'd love for this to be as fun as the original, it was probably the most fun HL1 DM mod me and my friends ever played.

I trust you guys though since Elevator was pretty proper and had the quirkiness of his mods - it seems like a natural fit.

He's said that he's far too busy to do anything like that. We've told him we would be interested in more voice acting and the likes, but don't hold your breath over it.

FellowAmerican
Oct 2, 2007
I'm too busy philosophizing to get up
I have been waiting for this day. I never thought it would come.

jimbomcb
Oct 4, 2011

Cromlech posted:

I know postal, the other project lead was talking with him, he offered to help early with some new voices on but turns out he might be pretty busy, the only voices at the minute are from the original. He's played it and enjoyed it so I'm happy anyway. It would be cool if he was able to lend a hand but considering all the other stuff he has been working on, it's not much of a surprise that he doesn't have the time.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

I never played the original mod but I'll play anything with this much Metal Gear Solid. :allears:

blackknight
Oct 16, 2008
This is amazing and I cannot wait to play it.

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH
This seems incredible, but I am really, really loving poor at video games in general and Half-Life 2 specifically (even though it's my all-time favorite game, go figure). Will I still have a good time playing this?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Gotta love that knife.

Dr. Video Games 0155
Aug 24, 2004

If in doubt, throw more men at it!
Jaykin' Bacon Original made my life partially complete.

This will complete it.

KiloVictorDongs
Apr 12, 2007
SOME PIG
I'm pretty sure I got more enjoyment out of Half Life 2: Jaykin Bacon Source than out of a lot of AAA games that I've purchased. It might look like it's just a simple "har har we put all these terrible things in the same game whoop de doo" joke mod, but the game is actually really fun.

swolf
Aug 25, 2004
i need instructions on how to rock
Elevator Source is awesome, Jaykin Bacon is awesome, this is awesome. Can't wait to play it

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I love Jaykin Bacon, me and my friends had a blast doing some ridiculous LAN deathmatches.
Podunkian isn't involved at all? I know he has an account here on SA, maybe he'll drop by and comment on this.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Oh man, this looks awesome, can't wait to play it. Also, i had no idea that Jimbomcb had an account here. You make some pretty cool stuff, dude. :)

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I don't think I ever played the original seriously. All I ever did was use the hand gun to hold people up and follow people around in cardboard boxes while binding "Don't mind me, I am just a ordinary box"

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
I'm guessing half life source will be required? Well I guess that's really the only reaosn to buy it then.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

This looks great.
What are the install instructions for Elevator: Scource?

edit: Nevermind
edit2: Uhh, Garrysmod and all versions of Half-Life are not showing up in my Common folder. Anyone know what gives?

Inzombiac fucked around with this message at 23:29 on May 18, 2012

finna udders
Jan 28, 2005

mu
Oh my god, yes.

Yes.

Yes. YES. YES.

Hurry the god drat hell up, I must have it.

Dr. Derek
Jan 1, 2010

Lucinice posted:

I'm guessing half life source will be required? Well I guess that's really the only reaosn to buy it then.

You'll only need Half-Life 2 Deathmatch and Source SDK 2007 and if you want to play the CSS maps then CSS as well.

Kikka
Feb 10, 2010

I POST STUPID STUFF ABOUT DOCTOR WHO
Don't you dare leave this in development hell.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS

Inzombiac posted:

This looks great.

edit2: Uhh, Garrysmod and all versions of Half-Life are not showing up in my Common folder. Anyone know what gives?

Valve games all get installed in steam/username, not steam/common.

jimbomcb
Oct 4, 2011

Inzombiac posted:

This looks great.

Yeah uh...

The only connection this has to elevator source is that it's the same animator/texture artist.

Kikka posted:

Don't you dare leave this in development hell.

Have no intentions of doing so and are actively trying to avoid this happening, doing things like getting beta updates out pretty often, developer tests every other day. Don't want the work of all the modellers, texture artists etc to go to waste let alone the hours I've spent coding poo poo.

notZaar posted:

I love Jaykin Bacon, me and my friends had a blast doing some ridiculous LAN deathmatches.
Podunkian isn't involved at all? I know he has an account here on SA, maybe he'll drop by and comment on this.

he's seen it, likes what we've done and is fine with us doing what we're doing in terms of a source sequel, is more than welcome to lend a hand (from what I heard...) but is busy with other things for now.

jimbomcb fucked around with this message at 02:27 on May 19, 2012

Conro101
Jan 6, 2012

Dr. Conro James Norock, Robot Sarcasm Master
I've had the wonderful chance to play this mod and I can safely say it is one of the greatest things I've ever played.

Dr. Derek
Jan 1, 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU0Bekl8nw4
Preview of Snake VS Terrorist

OrangeSoda
Oct 8, 2007

OrangeSoda digivolved into Monzaemon!

OrangeSoda has unlocked BEAR POWERS!
Oh HELL yes! I literally laughed out loud with joy. It's gonna be one hell of a fun night for me and some pals of mine.

EDIT: My bad i thought the game was already out. Oh well, this is still great news.

OrangeSoda fucked around with this message at 04:41 on May 19, 2012

Canadian Surf Club
Feb 15, 2008

Word.
I hope all the stolen soundbytes are kept intact

"I love to reload during a battle!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
He managed to kill someone with a fart later on. I'm super sad I didn't manage to get a screenshot of that.

• Locked thread