Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Please give me details on development+graphics+gameplay and also lot's of funny goon quotes defending this piece of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
One of the goons had a review copy and kinda broke their NDA by saying it was pretty bland, like a more boring AC3.

Conan did a review and was pretty much bored out of his mind but still had to do the complementary "it's a cool game....".

Basically it won't be a buggy piece of poo poo but will just be an aggressively bland mediocre GTA clone. bioshock infinite of GTA.

when goons were talking about how blah it's going to be and why would anyone preorder it, a goon dropped this gold nugget:

quote:

Why would you ever listen to goons? I am still going to play Watch_Dogs and enjoy this poo poo out of it because I am fully expecting a modern-day Assassin's Creed game plus hacking shenanigans. I'm pretty sure this game will be exactly what I am expecting.

that basically reminds me of the Thief preorder defenders. "I DONT CARE IF ITS BAD IM GOING TO DROP $60 ON A PREORDER AND HAVE FUN SNEAKING AROUND WITH STEALING SHENANIGANS. SUCK IT :colbert:"

Xaris fucked around with this message at 07:05 on May 25, 2014

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
if you unironically call it 'watch_dogs' you are a huge fag and should be banned

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

if you unironically call it 'watch_dogs' you are a huge fag and should be banned

this but DooM

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Xaris posted:

One of the goons had a review copy and kinda broke their NDA by saying it was pretty bland, like a more boring AC3.

lol if you believed that wasnt just a pirated game

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

"man my review copy is lagging!"

*bitcoin mining trojan is embedded into crack*

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Xaris posted:

that basically reminds me of the Thief preorder defenders. "I DONT CARE IF ITS BAD IM GOING TO DROP $60 ON A PREORDER AND HAVE FUN SNEAKING AROUND WITH STEALING SHENANIGANS. SUCK IT :colbert:"

I don't give a poo poo about Watch Dogs but did people really say that about Thi4f? There's already a free alternative, what the gently caress is wrong with them?

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I didn't realize conan did reviews, that's pretty cool

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Conan-Reviews-Watch-Dogs-PS4-Breaks-Embargo-64261.html

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Skyl3lazer posted:

"man my review copy is lagging!"

lol if you believe this game isnt a huge pile of poo poo and ubisoft doesnt make garbage pc ports

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Skyl3lazer posted:

lol if you believed that wasnt just a pirated game

eh it could be, i forgot people still play consoles and it's easy to pirate games for that before they're out. either way i can believe it based on other reviews and footage i've seen.

Action Tortoise posted:

I don't give a poo poo about Watch Dogs but did people really say that about Thi4f? There's already a free alternative, what the gently caress is wrong with them?
yep, there were a lot of thi4f defenders, both before and after release that said nearly exactly that. "gently caress the haters, they're just mad because games dare innovate an they just have rose tinted glasses! IM GOING TO HAVE FUN AND THERES NOTHING YOU CAN DO HAR HAR :colbert:"

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

pirating a game before release and no one believing you when you say its poo poo is something i had to put up with for metroid other m, i can sympathize with all naysaying pirates

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
yesssss I didn't realize the new thief game also sucked

yessss

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

yessss

even reviewers hated it lol

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Xaris posted:

yep, there were a lot of thi4f defenders, both before and after release that said nearly exactly that. "gently caress the haters, they're just mad because games dare innovate an they just have rose tinted glasses! IM GOING TO HAVE FUN AND THERES NOTHING YOU CAN DO HAR HAR :colbert:"

wow. that is beyond stupid. like that's the new bottom for stupidity for me. dropping top dollar on a triple a adaptation when a dedicated community has already done that and even optimized the creation of future missions for free.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
It really was. If Megaman Jockstrap was still around, he probably has more juicy quotes about it, it was pretty bad.

but it's no surprise, you see that kind of defense over everything.

vvvvvv
yeah pretty much. it's everywhere, not just SA but it's noticeable that you'll find at least one goon who will unironically defend the equivalent of eating a bowl of diarrhea for ~reasons~ (also insert insults against crazy fans, rose tinted glasses, nostalgia, it'll still deliver exactly what I expect it tastes like!, goons are just bad at games/goons don't understand art)

Xaris fucked around with this message at 07:31 on May 25, 2014

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

GamesSA posters keep trying to be "not like the others" by being contrarian as all hell and liking objectively bad/shoveling poo poo in their mouths and saying its a good and cool thing because it goes against their perceived hivemind.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Wait I don't get it

and

WATCH DOGES

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

any game that pushes preorders as hard as it's been doing knows it doesn't have the actual gameplay to be bought on its own merits.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Wait I don't get it

that's thief 3 dogg

e: http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/thief

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Skyl3lazer posted:

That's where USBs full of bitcoins usually go, I don't see how this is any different.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

yessss

That was a foregone conclusion when they released info about how they gutted the setting of everything that made it unique and slapped an extra layer of steampunk on top. Or something to that effect.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Xaris posted:

these kind of retards pop up whenever some new game that's clearly going to be trash comes out. i remember that before dragon age 2 came out they had a separate prerelease thread that was isolated from criticism of the game for the handful of babies who thought it was actually going to not suck

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Unguided posted:

That was a foregone conclusion when they released info about how they gutted the setting of everything that made it unique and slapped an extra layer of steampunk on top. Or something to that effect.

steampunk is the worst loving trash setting and I hate this sudden popularity it's getting

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

steampunk is cool if it's just 'oh here's some weird-rear end poo poo that we justify with steam' because i dont care how you justify inventive designs so long as the designs are actually inventive

but if it's 'AIRSHIPS AND TOP HATS WITH MONOCLES ON IT HELL YEAH' it's the dumbest poo poo

al-azad
May 28, 2009

someone wiser than i once said that you can tell a game is bad if it's nearly half-price on key resellers before it comes out. It's about $40 now but a few weeks ago I've been seeing preorders go for as low as $30.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

W47CH_D0G5

al-azad
May 28, 2009

01010111011000010111010001100011011010000101111101000100011011110110011101110011

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Mr. Pumroy posted:

W47CH_D0G5

\/\//-\+(|-|_|)()&$

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
bad_game

also lol thi4f, only good thing was keeping an eye on the games thread to watch yet another group of fans of a rebooted game break down in despair

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

The "radio" has two functions. On/off or skip song. No radio stations, just one rather short playlist that has everything on it, like one jazz tune, one public enemy song, one Chicago blues song all on repeat.

lol

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if youre gonna make it like that why not just say it's the dude's ipod or something

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

You can see who has AIDS in the game

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

mabels big day posted:

You can see who has AIDS in the game

thanks kinect

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

There's a furry convention in it.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Mr Tastee posted:

There's a furry convention in it.

can you run over a bunch of furries because I may have to change my stance on this game if you can

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

romanowski posted:

can you run over a bunch of furries because I may have to change my stance on this game if you can

I don't know, but googling furries and watch dogs got me this image:

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

lol of course they don't make any money

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

qnqnx posted:

GamesSA posters keep trying to be "not like the others" by being contrarian as all hell and liking objectively bad/shoveling poo poo in their mouths and saying its a good and cool thing because it goes against their perceived hivemind.

I'm sure that's it

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
I got this game for my birthday. Idk whether it is good because it is not out yet. I also usually like to play games for myself because often I don't agree with people. Thank you.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Xaris posted:

It really was. If Megaman Jockstrap was still around, he probably has more juicy quotes about it, it was pretty bad.

It did suck but he was the most retarded person in that thread if you read it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
watch underscore dogs

• Locked thread