Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

My friends, welcome to day 2 of the Fifa Football World Cup 2014. We have three, yes three tasty fixtures for your viewing pleasure today:

(All times are in correct time aka BST)

Mexico v Cameroon could be a spicy fiesta, and we have a replay of the 2010 World Cup final with Spain v Netherlands. I don't know if I'll bother staying up for Chile v Australia.

For those of you who are newcomers to the wonderful world of football soccer soccer, Spain are reigning World and European champions and thus one of the favourites for the tournament, although they have declined slightly over the past year or so, culminating in a sound 0-3 thrashing at the Confederations Cup by none other than Brazil. If you can only watch one game today, you should probably watch Spain v Netherlands. You should watch every game though, seriously.

Frankston fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Jun 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
proper excited for today's games

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I think Chile v Australia might be a cracker.

Spain v Netherlands will probably be a bit poo poo.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

Mexico Cameroon is going to be way more entertaining than Spain and Holland, everyone just go take a nap whenever Spain play

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Here's a brief recap of what the last Holland v Spain match looked like, including De Jongs Fabulous Doom Kick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abPX4EDY4hw

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I've got a really good feeling about Chile/Australia. Honestly I'm hard pressed to think of a single Australia world cup game that wasn't fun to watch for one reason or the other.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Pretty decent day all round

madey
Sep 17, 2007

I saved the Olympics singlehandedly
I'm looking forward to today's matches op. I stuck £25 on a Spain/Chile double, my gut said Mexico as well but I'm not certain enough to risk it. Am I being too cautious?

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

madey posted:

I'm looking forward to today's matches op. I stuck £25 on a Spain/Chile double, my gut said Mexico as well but I'm not certain enough to risk it. Am I being too cautious?

No. Mexico is not a safe bet against basically anyone at the WC.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Spain are the dullest team to watch in any game.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Hope spain loses, i loving hate spain, if they win the world cup again i will murder something

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

The Dutch have an Eredivisie defence, which should be funny if they make it past Chile.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

serious gaylord posted:

Spain are the dullest team to watch in any game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b70zpdRaOEU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

This does not disprove my point. Spain are atrocious to watch.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

serious gaylord posted:

This does not disprove my point. Spain are atrocious to watch.

this is the truth. technically gifted all over the park, they somehow manage to bore everyone watching almost to death before anything good happens.

kalthir
Mar 15, 2012

Randarkman posted:

Hope spain loses, i loving hate spain, if they win the world cup again i will murder something

Wank
Apr 26, 2008
Go you Aussies go, get into em. gently caress those drongos up. The only chilli I know are those red hot chilli pepper pricks. Just have a crack. A red hot loving go ya cunts. And don't dive around like a flamin poofta.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Junior G-man posted:

Here's a brief recap of what the last Holland v Spain match looked like, including De Jongs Fabulous Doom Kick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abPX4EDY4hw

Oh great it's another football video on youtube that's in blurry smudge quality.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

There was something neat about watching a long term plan by Spain come to fruition, but the atrocious suffocating football they've plauged us with since is unbearable and I hope they never win another trophy again.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i want their trophies taken away for this shite

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
I just want Chile to trash the poo poo out of annoying rear end Australia, whatever else happens is gravy

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre
Oh great. Meeting has just been scheduled during the first half of Mexico v. Cameroon.

Hope Mexico doesn't play Tiki-Kaka. GET IT?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Jose posted:

i want their trophies taken away for this shite

When WADA eventually get their hands on Fuentes samples they will be.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Go brave socceroos

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.
Hup onze braaf jongens or something. My Dutch is rear end.

Go the Dutch :toot:

troofs fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Jun 13, 2014

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Tortilla Maker posted:

Oh great. Meeting has just been scheduled during the first half of Mexico v. Cameroon.

Hope Mexico doesn't play Tiki-Kaka. GET IT?

Are you in my meeting because I also have a 12-1 EST and am quite upset about it. My boss is from Italy and should know better.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Once Catalonia and the Basque region secede from Spain they will have to give back their trophies. They can get mini trophies that they can share with the Catalans and Basques.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I guess I'll be watching Chile vs Australia...ugh

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
football

madey
Sep 17, 2007

I saved the Olympics singlehandedly

blue footed boobie posted:

I guess I'll be watching Chile vs Australia...ugh

That will probably be the best game of the day???

Oh wait are you an Aussie?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

serious gaylord posted:

When WADA eventually get their hands on Fuentes samples they will be.

they'd have to fight nadal just outside the doors

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

madey posted:

I'm not and it won't

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
ugh watching a team known for their beautiful attacking football, just ugh

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Is super Timmy Cahill in the squad?

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
The best game will be Cameroon v Mexico because they both have poo poo defence and great attack

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

But I think those are eyes...
(source)

madey posted:

It's gonna be the best loving game and I'm gonna drink Chile tears

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Frankston posted:

He is, because he is the champion of all of our hearts, as people of the world

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
all of the games will be loving great even if the Spanish are involved in one of them, and if you don't think that way perhaps you should get the gently caress out

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Frankston posted:

And yes, we are set in our ways.

The 2022 world cup squad will contain the grotesque marionettes of the current squad shambling around the field

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Duncan Sperguson posted:

He is, because he is the champion of all of our hearts, as people of the world

Also this

• Locked thread