Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

i liked it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Bread
Feb 26, 2013

Best Thing Since Sliced!
I agree

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SeGoR8ZzUY

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
4 was a fun dungeon crawler with some poo poo mechanics

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm never quite sure if you're low level trolling or if you're just really wrong and dumb about everything

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
*spends entire 4th period arguing that it is not a pokemon rip off*

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

anime gently caress pillow posted:

I'm never quite sure if you're low level trolling or if you're just really wrong and dumb about everything

holy poo poo are you literally retarded

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I kept getting poo poo eating numemon

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

al-azad posted:

I kept getting poo poo eating numemon

Get to toy town and he can wear a bear suit to become monzaemon who is hella strong

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...
digimon world was loving obtuse as poo poo and I was too stupid to figure it out as a kid. I liked world 2 much better.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

red plastic cup posted:

digimon world was loving obtuse as poo poo and I was too stupid to figure it out as a kid. I liked world 2 much better.

it really only served to highlight how nonsensical digimon evolutions are compared to pokemon

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

SpazmasterX posted:

it really only served to highlight how nonsensical digimon evolutions are compared to pokemon

-a simple retard

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Hog Butcher posted:

4 was a fun dungeon crawler with some poo poo mechanics
the loving loading times, though, jesus

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

World 1- GOTYAY
World 2- ehhhhh
World 3- pretty cool

never played 4 tho

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
Re:Digitize is supposed to be a lot like the first Digimon World and I want to play it

But I'm also afraid it will be lovely and not the fun, awesome kind of lovely that Digimon World 1 was

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

SpazmasterX posted:

They were never supposed to make sense. They take a form that reflects how well you took care of them, like the Tamagotchis that they literally are

"why does my bunny turn into a ghost?" because you didn't clean its cage enough, rear end in a top hat

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
first digimon game for the PS1 was weird as hell but every digimon had around a few dozen outcomes depending on how you played.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
they had to reverse engineer one of the digimon world games to get a certain evolution and nobody had ever found the requirements for it

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Hog Butcher posted:

they had to reverse engineer one of the digimon world games to get a certain evolution and nobody had ever found the requirements for it

the megas?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
the first one for the ps1 was a "rough diamond" and but the rest are serious fail.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Liquid Penguins posted:

Digimon came first you dumb bitch.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Borsche69 posted:

this

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Hog Butcher posted:

this was done two years ago

digimon world 1 came in 2000

this is a bad game i have beat several times, i am probably in the top ten most knowledgeable people about this game, this is not an accomplishment.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
It's got a silly way of determining the seed for it's RNG rolls. It advances in a sequence every time you go to your idle animation.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Hog Butcher posted:

well what was it

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
http://pastebin.com/jEuf4Bh0

took me a while to find it

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
it was in Orange Fluffy Sheep's lp

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 589 days!

Liquid Penguins posted:

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
every voice actor from the show went on to be successful and show up everywhere

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

They should've kept the focus on being combat Tamagotchi. Kind of falls apart when you change it to something else.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
i sure hope bamco announces a north american release for digimon world re digitize decoded

come on bamco, i know your the biggest shits ever but release the digimons

i don't care that you killed the series with bad seasons of anime, i need it

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

I'm actually playing 2 right now. Had to start over about a third of the way through because I hosed around with codes to get all the important items (like being ok'd to go into every tamer base. You get some wonky debug codes throne on screen, but it still plays). Apparently important items act as flags rather than actual items and when you can't receive the item (because you already have it), you don't get the flag.

It's a meh game, but I never loving beat it at the age of 11 and I won't let this stop me now.

Edit: Still not sure how the gently caress I got my Birdramon to digivolve into Phoenixmon in DW1 out of nowhere. Only for him to die naturally after not very long.

Yestermoment fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Jun 18, 2014

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
world 1 was cool and weird and the obtuse mechanics were interesting to figure out as a kid

world 2 was awful spergy grind poo poo, some of it was fun but all of it took too long to do or advance

world 3 was pretty fun in a traditional RPG way

never touched world 4

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
i would buy the poo poo out of a modern digimon world 1 game

al-azad
May 28, 2009

i really want a meat farm.

someone plant me a meat farm

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Neurolimal posted:

i would buy the poo poo out of a modern digimon world 1 game

Re digitize is literally that but bamco sux

Digimon Colluseum for the ds is awesome too. Its like the vpet but you get lots of them

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Borsche69 posted:

Digimon came out in 1997 according to everything I can find and Pokemon came out in 1996.

lol somebody put it in the pokemon wiki page

quote:

A debate among fans exists over which of the two franchises came first.[77] In actuality, the first Pokémon media, Pokémon Red and Green, were released initially on February 27, 1996;[78] whereas the Digimon virtual pet was released on June 26, 1997.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Yestermoment posted:

I'm actually playing 2 right now. Had to start over about a third of the way through because I hosed around with codes to get all the important items (like being ok'd to go into every tamer base. You get some wonky debug codes throne on screen, but it still plays). Apparently important items act as flags rather than actual items and when you can't receive the item (because you already have it), you don't get the flag.

It's a meh game, but I never loving beat it at the age of 11 and I won't let this stop me now.

Edit: Still not sure how the gently caress I got my Birdramon to digivolve into Phoenixmon in DW1 out of nowhere. Only for him to die naturally after not very long.

0 care mistakes, 0 battles, proper weight.

ironically enough, the three "ultimates" that no one knew how to get a few years ago(Hercules kabuterimon, MegaSedramon, Phoenixmon are actually the easiest to get, as they require 0(maybe 1) care mistakes, 0 battles, and proper weight.

funny way to spell
Nov 4, 2012
Never played it, even when I was eight years old I knew that Digimon was a poo poo Pokemon ripoff.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

about_face posted:

Never played it, even when I was eight years old I knew that Digimon was a poo poo Pokemon ripoff.

They are nothing alike tard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
digimon has completely different themes/aesthetic, ripoff implies that there was copying done and that simply is not the case.

• Locked thread