Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Heroes of the Storm announced a shitload of changes, all of which are exactly the same type of systems that are present in league of legends except they're much worse because they're all based around Heroes being something to attract sponsorships/advertisers so they can have their own league for this game(that's the main goal for this game). It's honestly the same kind of boneheaded decisions that went into the Real Money Auction House. They went into this with the main goal of the game being to not have fun but to design everything around acquiring advertising dollars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I dunno, spore's release to people realizing it was poo poo was really fast.

And that one developer with the people who made Galactic Civilizations apologizing for that one game of theirs before it came out and telling people not to buy it?

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

Hog Butcher posted:

And that one developer with the people who made Galactic Civilizations apologizing for that one game of theirs before it came out and telling people not to buy it?

Wasn't that Sword of the Stars 2? From what I can remember, the publisher basically threw a loving fit and demanded that the game be released right goddamn now even though it was months from being finished.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Frank Horrigan posted:

Wasn't that Sword of the Stars 2? From what I can remember, the publisher basically threw a loving fit and demanded that the game be released right goddamn now even though it was months from being finished.

No he's talking about Elemental.

Also SOTS2 had already been delayed twice so it was totally on the dev. Also it's like two years since release and it's still not working.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
It probably was but I was thinking it was Fallen Enchantress for some reason

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
They are literally selling additional health regen for your characters for real money. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaba

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I remember when Blizzard games were one of the only ones that you could guarantee satisfaction on a day 1 buy...

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

wasn't there a castlevania game where one of the producers was like "this game is bad don't play it"

anyway all mobas are bad no exception.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

The Sharmat posted:

I remember when Blizzard games were one of the only ones that you could guarantee satisfaction on a day 1 buy...

Yeah Diablo ROS was good though but prior to that everything sucked and last good game they released was Wrath of the Lich king.

How far have they fallen. Activision was the worst thing to happen to them.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
SC2 was pretty good just as long as you didn't play the single player campaign.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
goat simulator's devs actively tried to convince you not to buy the game but nobody cared and it was #1 on steam for a long while so they're pulling this off in reverse

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

americong
May 29, 2013

Liquid Penguins posted:

They are literally selling additional health regen for your characters for real money. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaba

lmbo

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I bet people buy into this

Is there a games thread yet my Samus senses are tingling

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
for being a bunch of lefties Goons are utterly shameless consumerist whores, so I'm sure there are people buying into this.

RIP former good-Dev Blizzard

americong
May 29, 2013

Widestancer posted:

maybe a blizzard thread

blizzard forum is probably a ripe orchard of as-unyet low effort trolled goons

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Widestancer posted:

in the blizz subfotum people are pretty unanimou s about this being The Worst

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Mr. Pumroy posted:

in the blizz subfotum people are pretty unanimou s about this being The Worst

lots of them will pay for it anyway though

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

The Sharmat posted:

lots of them will pay for it anyway though

yeah, i mean these are people who willingly play a moba so it's like whatever turbonerds, suck it up and play you know you will.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
i personally think blizard has made great decisions for the past four years but that's my opinion

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Time to go on a field trip to the Blizzard subforums

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Servaetes posted:

i personally think blizard has made great decisions for the past four years but that's my opinion

do you mean great financially, or great as in good for the customer?

americong
May 29, 2013

Widestancer posted:

Time to go on a field trip to the Blizzard subforums

kindly do not get probed this time

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

The Sharmat posted:

do you mean great financially, or great as in good for the customer?

all possible facets

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
How much does a lol dude cost?

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

thuly posted:

How much does a lol dude cost?

nothing if you just play the game, skins are pretty cheap, like a dollar or two for normal ones? i think

dota 2 cosmetic items are mostly under a dime and you can mix and match and it's wonderful :3:

bara godzilla
Jul 27, 2010

Liquid Penguins posted:

Can i get confirmation on this?? I legitimately cant believe it tbh

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

DLTN posted:

Can i get confirmation on this?? I legitimately cant believe it tbh

it is weird when you think that this is the same company that had an "install spawn" option on Starcraft CD's that let you give your friends free multiplayer copies of the game

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
Why is there a subforum for five games.

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
OHNO! Not the game that no one has a beta invite for because blizzard is filled with money grubbing retarded jews!

edit: sorry, I did not mean to type jews, I ment to say say goblins, but for some reason jews came out. i apologize but am keeping the original post in because I'm sure people will make the same mistake I did.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Falsum posted:

Why is there a subforum for five games.

yeah i don't know why the mmo hmo exists either

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

The Sharmat posted:

it is weird when you think that this is the same company that had an "install spawn" option on Starcraft CD's that let you give your friends free multiplayer copies of the game

That's one of the big complains that all the devs who left had. poo poo became way too nickel and diming and it already bit them in the rear end a few times and they're still not getting it.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Hog Butcher posted:

goat simulator's devs actively tried to convince you not to buy the game but nobody cared and it was #1 on steam for a long while so they're pulling this off in reverse

This works when your whole game is based around the "so bad it's good" thing. But if you're really serious and just trying to make a good game, not so much. Not to say that Blizzard is really trying all that hard, but you know.

bara godzilla
Jul 27, 2010

Mr. Pumroy posted:

yeah i don't know why the mmo hmo exists either

with the exception of imp zone, delete all games subforums including and especially let's play

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

DLTN posted:

with the exception of imp zone, delete all games subforums including and especially let's play

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

DLTN posted:

No don't those spergs might come here

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

DLTN posted:

On the other hand, if you do this all those posters will come flooding into here. Including the ones from let's play.

bara godzilla
Jul 27, 2010

Falsum posted:

No don't those spergs might come here

Kimmalah posted:

On the other hand, if you do this all those posters will come flooding into here. Including the ones from let's play.
actually if past experience is to be trusted they'd likely idle the forum and not post

ZOOP MASTER 50 CAL
Apr 14, 2004

baby hipster pope

Kimmalah posted:

do i have some bad news for you!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bara godzilla
Jul 27, 2010

hi medibot

• Locked thread