Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Wow, they got a lot done since I last looked. Thanks for the heads up!

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Kazvall posted:

Wow, they got a lot done since I last looked. Thanks for the heads up!

Dec 26, 2012

Looks like this Kickstarter success story is shaping up to be a monster!

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I'd beak through the window like a ninja and gleefully run by with an eraser and in that one instant I would destroy their months of progress and everything would descend into chaos.

Dec 26, 2012

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i can see the tens of millions of dollars at work here.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

mmmmm........ looks legit

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

op here is your design document

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

yo a lot of people forget this part

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
has anyone said star shitizen yet

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

He just smirked, looked out the window, and sucked air through his teeth. Perhaps this was a regional thing, but the blacks often sucked air through their teeth as a wordless expression of disdain or hostility.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I've been playing 3000 hours of EVE in anticipation of this

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Thanks op. Now my debit card is missing again.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Grim posted:

has anyone said star shitizen yet

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
was expecting goatse

even after all these years

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Mung Dynasty posted:

was expecting goatse

even after all these years

We haven't met that stretch goal yet

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!

Action Tortoise posted:

We haven't met that stretch goal yet

clever, i may have smirked irl

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Yes. The game appears to be ready. Is my body?

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Give it time guys. We all had grand ideas and speculations that we turned into expectations. With the goals that were set out to be accomplished, this game is going to take a long time to make right. There is so much invested in this game and CR that it will eventually get published and I am sure it will be far better than anything including MWO. Give them a break and let them do their jobs that we payed them to do. Leaving them alone and not comparing them to games that are considered to be lackluster and even failures is not helping either. Give it time and everyone will be less jaded as gently caress.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
I don't know anything about this game or the kickstarter or whatever, why is it so funny? Did they take the money and run?

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Fellis posted:

I don't know anything about this game or the kickstarter or whatever, why is it so funny? Did they take the money and run?

starry-eyed nostalgia-mired nerds who think that chris roberts is the one true savior of the space combat sim genre because of old 90's sprite-based games with bad stories involving cat aliens and mark hamill gave him a 40 million dollar blank check to do whatever he wanted, forgetting that roberts is a person who hasn't made a good game in two decades and has been run off of projects before and genuinely thought the wing commander movie was a good idea so now they wail and gnash their teeth on forums while chris roberts tells them how wonderful it is that their money allowed him to free himself from evil publishers and their "deadlines" and "desire to see a finished product". yes, gamers made it possible. thank god for gamers. meanwhile same nerds post their spaceship fan fiction about how great it's going to be to fly in their ship, some of which they paid a $100+ for in real life dollar money.

who knows star citizen might even be a game someday, but it doesn't matter because the best and only space combat game the world ever needs has already been made and is called tie fighter so idk why people would ever make a fuss over him, let alone give him tens of millions of dollars. autism i guess.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Fellis posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc7ywfd1qe8

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
I saw a guy stream elite dangerous that looked like this but good and playable. i think its for flight spergs tho

holy poo poo

A Nice Big Dinner
Feb 17, 2006

reminder that start citizen is now at $49mil and chris roberts still says that's not enough money

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

obese retard posted:

reminder that start citizen is now at $49mil and chris roberts still says that's not enough money

http://youtu.be/wDoIM1dRzGo

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnO1sGjfJ_Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnO1sGjfJ_Q

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

This is the good poo poo.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

obese retard posted:

Cocaine is expensive man

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

I live for this poo poo

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Kild posted:

op here is your design document

:3:

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

obese retard posted:

good news obese retard, it is now 51mil.

i want sc to be released and when people see that it is a mediocre feature creep infested bland space game they will face the full realization that their 350bux spaceship is the starship enterprise of shitspace.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
good news obese retard

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Mr. Pumroy posted:

i want sc to be released and when people see that it is a mediocre feature creep infested bland space game they will face the full realization that their 350bux spaceship is the starship enterprise of shitspace.

nope, theyll still defend it and maybe some small tiny part of them inside will know its poo poo, but theyll never admit it

just look at the poo poo people in Games defend now

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Mr. Pumroy posted:

You're laughing now, but when it turns out to be the best gaming experience of all time, all you loving skinnies will waste away while playing the initial surge, and only the fattest of space nerds will survive to look upon the glorious new Era, the Era brought about by star citizen

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Just to clear up, that was a joke post. I know star citizen posts make it hard to tell,

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Star Citizen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
they have far too many ship designs, the amount of effort to create that many assets will take several years by its self.

• Locked thread