Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
i just started using this again after 3 and a half years. so awesome. i don't have an a-list with them anymore but it still works fine. since monday i've messaged over 200 people "hey what's up? how's it going?" and so far i've got a hand full of responses. suits my needs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
im married, op

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

addictive personalities are not good for relationships, op

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

PuTTY riot posted:

im married, op

what's that like?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

just got a message from a girl who thinks the earth is larger than the sun lol

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Ice_2_c_u
Sep 13, 2002

I was on okcupid for a little while. I married one of them lol

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

akadajet posted:

just got a message from a girl who thinks the earth is larger than the sun lol

lmao

you've got to give her credit though. if no one or nothing actually taught her the sun was larger, observing it alone makes it look like this small bright ball up in the sky that a plane could crash into

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

what's that like?

its like being single except u dont care about ur appearance as much and also u have sex on the reg

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

PuTTY riot posted:

its like being single except u dont care about ur appearance as much and also u have sex on the reg

Nice!

z0rlandi viSSer
Nov 5, 2013

Ice_2_c_u posted:

I was on okcupid for a little while. I married one of them lol

lol owned

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
a girl i know blew half of the okc gang in my city and now she has sepsis for an unrelated reason

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
come over to my place op u wont need okcupid any more :wink:

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Kirk posted:

a girl i know blew half of the okc gang in my city and now she has sepsis for an unrelated reason

that sucks. now she can't blow anyone without getting sick? what hobby did she replace it with?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
OKC owns.

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

Sup, CRIP EATIN BREAD here, and I have some tips that will help you get some curvy gamer girls or even someone stupid enough to actually meet you.

i'm not actually going to give away my script because I don't want everyone in the world who can copy/paste it do it, and plus it was a fun exercise.

the success rate is surprising, this was more of a social experiment because a buddy of mine told me he hosed 6 girls in 6 days from this site, and the pictures he texted me of their naked bodies were pretty good. i figured i'd yos it up and bit and automate the boring stuff.

What you'll need:
  • A computer
  • Access to the internet
  • Some sort of scripting language (bash supremacy)
  • curl or wget
  • A text editor (vim)
  • A plentyoffish.com account
  • The ability to string together some words with periods separating thoughts.

alright, so here we go, what you need to do is to create an account for plentyoffish.com, and probably fill in some forms. just post poo poo and try to get a picture of yourself where you dont have cheeto dust all over your face and your guts not hanging out. got it? good. now we get to the fun part, the scripting.

first step, you need to get the cookies for PoF stored locally on your machine in the netscape cookie.txt format. unfortunately chrome uses a different format, so I used this cookie.txt export extension. it makes a button in chrome that formats your cookies for you. copy and paste that poo poo in a file, you'll need it.

now figure out pof's url format for searching, it's very simple, because they put everything in the url parameters, and there's no captchas on the site.

It looks sorta like this:

http://www.pof.com/basicsearch.aspx...age=2&count=500

change minage, maxage and z_code to the age range you want and zip code you want, and you can gently caress with the other paramaters to find other poo poo. whatever, the fact you like old ladies who are of middle eastern descent is not the focus of this post. what you'll do is do a for loop in your scripting language to get all the profiles.

basically this:

code:
for i in {1..25}
do
    curl --cookie PATH_TO_COOKIES_DOT_TEE_EX_TEE "http://www.pof.com/basicsearch.aspx?page={$i}"
done
you've just done a search through 25 pages. now use sed or grep or whatever to get all the viewprofile links. its pretty simple, your regex will look something like /viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=[1-9]* and extract all of them.

now you have all your potential targets, just append that url to the base url. simply pass these urls back into the curl script, which can be automated if you're not terrible with sed or grep or whatever. if you are, get t he gently caress out of yospos. make sure to pass your cookie file again!

now you can simply spam all of them with a message by passing the form data. the thing is you need to get all the inputs from the form, whichi s really easy to parse. then fill in the "message" form item. make up a message, i used something along the lines of:

"hey ive never used dating sites before, so i dont know how this goes, blah blah blah blah"

use proper sentences and poo poo, chicks love that poo poo. try to play off the fact that you're not a creepy dude who just wrote a script to automate online dating. spam the same message to everyone.

for better effectiveness, you can have y our script output all the people you've already messaged so you don't duplicate messages, and run it as a cron job. now every girl that signs up will get your message automatically. the ones who just signed up are not as battle-hardened so you're more likely to get a response.

now all you gotta do is just wade through the responses and and set your poo poo up. this has a ridiculous success rate for something.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

Squinty Applebottom posted:

Sup, CRIP EATIN BREAD here, and I have some tips that will help you get some curvy gamer girls or even someone stupid enough to actually meet you.

i'm not actually going to give away my script because I don't want everyone in the world who can copy/paste it do it, and plus it was a fun exercise.

the success rate is surprising, this was more of a social experiment because a buddy of mine told me he hosed 6 girls in 6 days from this site, and the pictures he texted me of their naked bodies were pretty good. i figured i'd yos it up and bit and automate the boring stuff.

What you'll need:
  • A computer
  • Access to the internet
  • curl or wget
  • A text editor (vim)

alright, so here we go, what you need to do is to create an account for plentyoffish.com, and probably fill in some forms. just post poo poo and try to get a picture of yourself where you dont have cheeto dust all over your face and your guts not hanging out. got it? good. now we get to the fun part, the scripting.

first step, you need to get the cookies for PoF stored locally on your machine in the netscape cookie.txt format. unfortunately chrome uses a different format, so I used this cookie.txt export extension. it makes a button in chrome that formats your cookies for you. copy and paste that poo poo in a file, you'll need it.

now figure out pof's url format for searching, it's very simple, because they put everything in the url parameters, and there's no captchas on the site.

change minage, maxage and z_code to the age range you want and zip code you want, and you can gently caress with the other paramaters to find other poo poo. whatever, the fact you like old ladies who are of middle eastern descent is not the focus of this post. what you'll do is do a for loop in your scripting language to get all the profiles.

basically this:

code:
for i in {1..25}
do
    curl --cookie PATH_TO_COOKIES_DOT_TEE_EX_TEE "http://www.pof.com/basicsearch.aspx?page={$i}"
done
you've just done a search through 25 pages. now use sed or grep or whatever to get all the viewprofile links. its pretty simple, your regex will look something like /viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=[1-9]* and extract all of them.

now you have all your potential targets, just append that url to the base url. simply pass these urls back into the curl script, which can be automated if you're not terrible with sed or grep or whatever. if you are, get t he gently caress out of yospos. make sure to pass your cookie file again!

now you can simply spam all of them with a message by passing the form data. the thing is you need to get all the inputs from the form, whichi s really easy to parse. then fill in the "message" form item. make up a message, i used something along the lines of:

"hey ive never used dating sites before, so i dont know how this goes, blah blah blah blah"

use proper sentences and poo poo, chicks love that poo poo. try to play off the fact that you're not a creepy dude who just wrote a script to automate online dating. spam the same message to everyone.

for better effectiveness, you can have y our script output all the people you've already messaged so you don't duplicate messages, and run it as a cron job. now every girl that signs up will get your message automatically. the ones who just signed up are not as battle-hardened so you're more likely to get a response.

now all you gotta do is just wade through the responses and and set your poo poo up. this has a ridiculous success rate for something.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Squinty Applebottom posted:

What you'll need:
  • A computer
  • Access to the internet
  • curl or wget
  • A text editor (vim)

basically this:

code:
for i in {1..25}
do
done

lifehacker.com

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!
http://robrhinehart.com/?p=1005

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I'd bet most of the people saying the earth are simply misinterpreting the question

so what's okcupid? a dating website? I hope OP you get to hookup with fast food chicks who can get u a good deal on breakfast the next day

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
haha no way. sushi chicks only

Cazlab
Oct 25, 2003

Miley Virus posted:

addictive personalities are not good for relationships, op

as an alcoholic with a failed engagement i can confirm this

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

haha no way. sushi chicks only

but think of all the different flavours and scents you might experience mid-coitus!

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

the earth is bigger in terms of population

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
sometimes when faced with a question so ridiculous people respond with something called a "joke"

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
um maybe the sun has more but we just can't know??????

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

echinopsis posted:

but think of all the different flavours and scents you might experience mid-coitus!

when she sat on my face, the nostalgic scent of mcdonalds was overwhelming. it was like my nose was INSIDE the deep fryer

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

when she sat on my face, the nostalgic scent of mcdonalds was overwhelming. it was like my nose was INSIDE the deep fryer

I can still smell her on my fingers.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
or on a different night, when I spread her rear end cheeks I got the unmistakable whiff of the colonels secret recipe

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
one time i thought about signing up for okcupid. then they asked me to fill out a profile and wanted to know a lot of things about me like what i think im best at, what my favorite things are, etc

suffice it to say that i decided against signing up because all my attempts at filling it out were just brutally depressing

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
owned by your own life

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Space-Pope posted:

one time i thought about signing up for okcupid. then they asked me to fill out a profile and wanted to know a lot of things about me like what i think im best at, what my favorite things are, etc

suffice it to say that i decided against signing up because all my attempts at filling it out were just brutally depressing

you don't gotta fill out poo poo, toss in the barest bones profile and slide on by

fun times: set your income as something really low, watch nobody talk to you. set your income to 100k+ and watch how many messages you get.

okdigger.com

Vulgrim
Aug 29, 2014

by Ralp

Sham bam bamina! posted:

sometimes when faced with a question so ridiculous people respond with something called a "joke"

I answered the "who is the smartest person from history" with Jesus lol

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

:justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost:

knickerbocker expert
works for me, op. i have a date next week.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

lmao

you've got to give her credit though. if no one or nothing actually taught her the sun was larger, observing it alone makes it look like this small bright ball up in the sky that a plane could crash into

thanks american public education!!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

Sign me up!

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Glans Dillzig posted:

works for me, op. i have a date next week.

i have one tomorrow, if i feel like it after i run some errands

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

death .cab for qt posted:

you don't gotta fill out poo poo, toss in the barest bones profile and slide on by

fun times: set your income as something really low, watch nobody talk to you. set your income to 100k+ and watch how many messages you get.

okdigger.com

this is why i don't specify my income

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
i never went in a dating site before but clicked on that plenty of fish link out of curiosity

holy poo poo there are a ton of 23-30 single moms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

what's that like?

good op

• Locked thread