Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cesar Fatass
Jul 24, 2007

"...."
Waterson must be punished for her hateful defeat of Jessica Penne, but I don't see how Tamada can do it.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Atom Weight, Best Weight

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Julio Cesar Fatass posted:

Waterson must be punished for her hateful defeat of Jessica Penne, but I don't see how Tamada can do it.

I don't really have any idea how good Tamada is, but chances are it wont be all that competitive.

Chrom1um
Dec 31, 2005
Come and join my doomsday cult!
Sorry I couldn't do one this time guys.

Approximate odds, if it matters:

-Michelle Waterson I would say is a 5:1 favorite over Tamada (Tamada is not a joke; she's never been stopped in a fight and is working with Megumi Fujii, but she's tiny even for AW and I don't see her subbing the most flexible fighter in the sport, nor is she going to win a decision)

-I would put Katja Kankaanpaa as a 2:1 favorite over Stephanie Eggink

-Evinger missing weight makes me want to put Gomes as a 2:1 favorite over her. Evinger is a very versatile and tough chick, and a veteran pro, but she's not always together mentally and sometimes that's reflected in her fights. Gomes is probably a natural BW to begin with so I don't see her being emaciated in her BW debut.

-Tara LaRosa is only a slight favorite over Roxy Modafferi, as LaRosa is on the downside of her career and Roxy has probably improved a lot training in America for 15 months now. If Modafferi wins, I might expect LaRosa to retire.

Other random stuff:

-DeAnna Bennett is pretty badass and Michelle Ould is pretty racist.

-Veronica Rothenhausler may hit harder than Cyborg. That fight should be fun.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

doverhog posted:

I don't really have any idea how good Tamada is, but chances are it wont be all that competitive.

Doesn't japanese WMMA - Jewels, Smack Girl, &c - have a different ruleset? Or each even have their own rulesets?

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

-Atom- posted:

Atom Weight, Best Weight

Sorry, there aren't any superheavyweights on this card.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Everything Rothenhausler touches, she DESTROYS

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Yasuka Tomato

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Holy poo poo Roxy's lightsabre

Hardbody Jones
Dec 14, 2002

Bean Fried posted:

Sorry I couldn't do one this time guys.

Approximate odds, if it matters:

-Michelle Waterson I would say is a 5:1 favorite over Tamada (Tamada is not a joke; she's never been stopped in a fight and is working with Megumi Fujii, but she's tiny even for AW and I don't see her subbing the most flexible fighter in the sport, nor is she going to win a decision)

-I would put Katja Kankaanpaa as a 2:1 favorite over Stephanie Eggink

-Evinger missing weight makes me want to put Gomes as a 2:1 favorite over her. Evinger is a very versatile and tough chick, and a veteran pro, but she's not always together mentally and sometimes that's reflected in her fights. Gomes is probably a natural BW to begin with so I don't see her being emaciated in her BW debut.

-Tara LaRosa is only a slight favorite over Roxy Modafferi, as LaRosa is on the downside of her career and Roxy has probably improved a lot training in America for 15 months now. If Modafferi wins, I might expect LaRosa to retire.

Other random stuff:

-DeAnna Bennett is pretty badass and Michelle Ould is pretty racist.

-Veronica Rothenhausler may hit harder than Cyborg. That fight should be fun.

https://www.bestfightodds.com/

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
This fight is bad this grappling is bad.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

I'm real mad a sharpshooter didn't happen there.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

1st AD posted:

This fight is bad this grappling is bad.

I enjoyed it

DOMELORD420
Dec 28, 2000

Yeah I thought it was cool to see a debuting fighter confidently dominate her opponent. Also, that pink hair looked stupid as hell.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Jinh Yu is loving cut, dayum girl!

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Goddamn dat kick

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

knocked her cross-eyed. I wouldn't have been upset if the ref had stopped it there.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

If she hadn't stopped punching to go for that choke for no reason that would have been over, other girl wasn't even attempting to defend

THE BUTT MAN
Mar 28, 2010

no homo?
Holy poo poo julie kedzie could not be more horrible at her job

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
My god this music, they're setting a new bar for bad music played at an MMA event by playing it between rounds.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

I wish there were FightMetric stats for this since I think the only actual offense landed in this round were like 3 punches and 2 kicks from Jinh Yu.

THE BUTT MAN
Mar 28, 2010

no homo?

K8.0 posted:

My god this music, they're setting a new bar for bad music played at an MMA event by playing it between rounds.

The music is tolerable compared to Julie "Chuckles" Kedzie

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Somehow Esquibel has failed to land punches standing, also she missed all her GNP shots from the end of the last round.

DOMELORD420
Dec 28, 2000

Aw I think Kedzie's nervous laughter is endearing. You guys are such negative nancies!

THE BUTT MAN
Mar 28, 2010

no homo?

Mavis Beacon Boi posted:

Aw I think Kedzie's nervous laughter is endearing. You guys are such negative nancies!

To be fair it's also the ridiculously stupid things she says every time she speaks.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
At least there's no King Mo on commentary this time

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
is there any other way to watch this that isn't fight pass?

THE BUTT MAN
Mar 28, 2010

no homo?

Marching Powder posted:

is there any other way to watch this that isn't fight pass?

You ask dangerous questions, friend.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Esquibel is a really frustrating fighter to watch because it's clear that she spent lots of time practicing movement but not a lot of time actually practicing hitting another fighter in the face - more than half of her punches land short and the only times she lands is when she lunges in.

edit: oh I guess she figured out how to punch now

THE BUTT MAN
Mar 28, 2010

no homo?
Jin Yu "Walder" Frey is losing this fight despite being a nuclear medicine woman. Proof positive that brawn defeats brain?

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

THE BUTT MAN posted:

Jin Yu "Walder" Frey is losing this fight despite being a nuclear medicine woman. Proof positive that brawn defeats brain?

I don't see how, should be a clear 29-28 Frey here.

All of the punches Esquibel landed in this fight were landed in the last 2 minutes of the last round.

THE BUTT MAN
Mar 28, 2010

no homo?

1st AD posted:

I don't see how, should be a clear 29-28 Frey here.

All of the punches Esquibel landed in this fight were landed in the last 2 minutes of the last round.

But Esquibel did a jaunty dance at the end

DOMELORD420
Dec 28, 2000

Interesting.

THE BUTT MAN
Mar 28, 2010

no homo?
Never underestimate a jaunty dance.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Haha did they mix up the fighters? How did Esquibel get a 10-8 there?

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Esquibel did like nothing until the last minute of the fight, gets a 29-27 scorecard somehow

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

can someone put adelaide byrd's glasses on :psyduck: for :lolmmajudges: ?

THE BUTT MAN
Mar 28, 2010

no homo?

1st AD posted:

Haha did they mix up the fighters? How did Esquibel get a 10-8 there?

10 points for dance floor control
-2 points for being served

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

uhh yeah I'm p sure Ashley Cummings getting shot at during the Ferguson protests is not a thing that happened

• Locked thread