Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Prepare yourselves for the rise of Bortles and Bridgewater.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Steve Smith is going to skull gently caress the Panthers.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I'm somewhat surprised the Texans are favorites over the Bills. I know the Bills were handled by a very good Chargers team and EJ looked terrible, but the Giants did the same to the Texans and I think they can just lean on Spiller.

As for Patriots - Chiefs... I have no idea what will happen. The Patriots have a big problem with interior pressure and run blocking right now, which I expect Poe and Hali to seriously disrupt. The Chiefs also murdered the Dolphins' backup linebackers, which is pretty clearly the strength of the Patriots defense.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
the dallas cowboys are going to lose really badly to the saints

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Kalli posted:

I'm somewhat surprised the Texans are favorites over the Bills. I know the Bills were handled by a very good Chargers team and EJ looked terrible, but the Giants did the same to the Texans and I think they can just lean on Spiller.

As for Patriots - Chiefs... I have no idea what will happen. The Patriots have a big problem with interior pressure and run blocking right now, which I expect Poe and Hali to seriously disrupt. The Chiefs also murdered the Dolphins' backup linebackers, which is pretty clearly the strength of the Patriots defense.

You must not watch the Chiefs. We will start out with a strong drive, a strong defensive performance, and then we will become part of the highlight reel they show at Tom Brady's induction ceremony.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Borsche69 posted:

Steve Smith is going to skull gently caress the Panthers.

Old man can play

Steelers are going to win

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I hope the Bucs win.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Atticus Finch posted:

I hope the Bucs win.

They need one, man. But also, gently caress the Steelers.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Washington is a 3.5 point favorite over the Giants which sounds right I guess, the teams seem pretty equal but Washington is playing at home.

However, Washington's special teams is just putrid. They don't have a kicker who can kick touchbacks, coverage teams are horrible, etc. I feel like you need to spot the Giants at least 3 points just due to special teams fuckups, which makes this game pretty much a toss up.

DeAngelo Hall tore his achilles which is a pretty big blow. He has gone from being really bad to pretty decent in the past two years and now the top two corners are Amerson and E.J. Biggers. Combined with the horrid situation at safety, secondary is the biggest weakness on the team right now. If Eli gets any time at all he should be able to make some big plays down the field.

Offensively, Washington is pretty decent at all skill positions but their line is still pretty bad with the exception of Trent Williams. Their run blocking has been much worse this year than the past few years, and Tyler Polumbus and the right side of the line still are turnstiles against pass-rushers.

Giants fans, what are your team's strengths and weaknesses right now?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Atticus Finch posted:

I hope the Bucs win.

:unsmith:

I don't think we stand a chance though. Getting some guys healthy and the Steelers being banged up on D will help. Most importantly, Glennon cannot possibly suck more than McCown has.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

I don't think we stand a chance though. Getting some guys healthy and the Steelers being banged up on D will help. Most importantly, Glennon cannot possibly suck more than McCown has.

It sounds like half of the Steelers defensive starters were murdered in week 3, so the Bucs have a shot.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

I'm really out-of-touch on the Bills, because I haven't been able to watch them since the first week(a mercy, this past Sunday). But whose ready for the (current) leaders of what appear to be the worst divisions in football to rumble? Because I have no idea what's going to happen, but there's a high likelihood it won't be pretty.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Packers bout to skull gently caress the Bears.

Brannigans Law
Oct 3, 2013

Mind_Taker posted:

Offensively, Washington is pretty decent at all skill positions but their line is still pretty bad with the exception of Trent Williams. Their run blocking has been much worse this year than the past few years, and Tyler Polumbus and the right side of the line still are turnstiles against pass-rushers.

Their pass defense was pretty good last week versus a decent pass rush. Against the run they weren't great though. Luckily Morris is built like he has two blockers permanently in front of him.

Eagles lose a close game, which is only close because :siren:Chip Kelly offense:siren:, no Vernon Davis, and that the 49ers think that flags are good. Foles is sacked 40 times, Boldin clowns Cary Williams and Nate Allen, and unless Kendricks is back Frank Gore trucks our 3rd string (4th if you count Casey Matthews, which I do not!) ILB all day.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

wandler20 posted:

Josh is our starter

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

ZenVulgarity posted:

Josh is our starter

Is he really going to play this week? I thought the thumb issue would at least keep him out this week.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Dexo posted:

Packers bout to skull gently caress the Bears.

Considering how well EJ Manuel and Geno Smith have thrown the ball against the Bears' secondary, Rogers should get 600 yards. It should be a shootout, but then again that's what I thought would happen with the Lions/Packers last week and was surprised it wasn't. What did the Lions do so well against Rodgers, is it anything that the Bears can replicate?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I think KC will play a close game.

- Reid has learned: After the terrible Tennessee game, Andy Reid has called two perfect offensive gameplans against Denver and Miami. Kelce is seeing a bigger % of snaps each week, and the Chiefs now have multiple RBs on the roster who can catch out of the backfield. If you though Joe McKnight was a good receiver against Miami, imagine DAT running his routes. Anyways, Reid is calling a very good offense with tons of quick passes and 2-TE (and 3-TE!) formations to help the Chiefs garbage OL. While the Dolphins were still able to get 5 sacks, the Chiefs still generated a ton of offense.

- KC pass rush meets bad protection: Tom Brady is behind a shaky OL, and like most QBs it really affects his performance when he is under pressure. The Chiefs DL rotation is very pass-rush heavy right now, with Allen Bailey, Jaye Howard and Dontari Poe having much more skill in getting after the QB than guys like Tyson Jackson, Glenn Dorsey ever did. Tamba Hali and Justin Houston are playing like beasts, and Dee Ford had a few impressive snaps against Miami.

- Monday Night Arrowhead Magic: Philip Rivers knows.

Patriots 21 - KC 20

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

mastershakeman posted:

What did the Lions do so well against Rodgers, is it anything that the Bears can replicate?

They dropped everyone into coverage and dared Eddie Lacy to run the ball against a six-man box. He failed. Hope your run defense is good.

None of the teams are going to be able to run the football in Lions-Jets. The Lions should win, because talent-wise there's a sizable gap and at his worst I'd still prefer Stafford over :geno: :smith:, but Lions. Maybe Vick will get the start and rip us to shreds. We'll see what happens.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

mastershakeman posted:

Considering how well EJ Manuel and Geno Smith have thrown the ball against the Bears' secondary, Rogers should get 600 yards. It should be a shootout, but then again that's what I thought would happen with the Lions/Packers last week and was surprised it wasn't. What did the Lions do so well against Rodgers, is it anything that the Bears can replicate?

They rushed him a lot with a monster front 4. GB's O-line is bad, dude.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
If Ratliff is back then I like my odds of only rushing 4 against the packers.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Kalli posted:

It's better this way. Soon as everyone believes in us, that's when we choke. Constant underdogs, that's how we roll.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Are we really not intelligent enough to do better than rape metaphors

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

football fuckerman posted:

What are you referring to?

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

African AIDS cum posted:

What are you referring to?

people talking about skull loving opponents. it's really creepy and weird

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

the dallas cowboys are going to lose really badly to the saints

All I'm saying is I'm glad it's an evening game, Rob Ryan's going to try his best to grudge gently caress the offense

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

people talking about skull loving opponents. it's really creepy and weird

christ get a grip lol

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

I'm going to be at the Bears v Packers game. Why? Because I hate myself.

It's not like the Packers are going to maul the Bears, but the game itself is going to be a nightmare to watch

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!
49ers are going to lose to the Eagles because they won't get enough done in the first half and then the Eagles will wake up and drop 30+ points on them in the second.

Levi's will go winless this year. :smith:

Brannigans Law
Oct 3, 2013

OGS-Remix posted:

49ers are going to lose to the Eagles because they won't get enough done in the first half and then the Eagles will wake up and drop 30+ points on them in the second.

Levi's will go winless this year. :smith:

drat dude I thought my outlook was bleak...

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Thursday Night poo poo Show

Eli is going to herp derp his way to some big plays against Washington's awful secondary now that they're even thinner at CB. Washington's O-line is a liability but since the Giants have issues on both lines (I think, right?) Captain Kirk should have some chances to go deep. Kerrigan and alleged all pro Orakpo should be able to get some pressure and Washington's run D has been pleasant surprise so far which could mitigate Eli Bullshit. BUT Washington's special teams is still a nightmare they can't wake up from so the Giants are going to have some drives with really good field position. So, yeah, a poo poo show.

Hopefully Desean can conjure some division game bullshit magic. Cast it all over Coughlin's face you cocky lil bastard. :allears:

Cash Monet fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Sep 23, 2014

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Patriots - Chiefs has all the makings of a dreadful game. Pats offense really is anemic and Alex Smith game managing up and down the field.. What they did to Monday Night Football is a shame. I'll still watch it and it will do massive ratings.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

African AIDS cum posted:

christ get a grip lol

welp that answers my question

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

welp that answers my question

Sorry for the micro-aggressions, Maybe contribute to the thread a little bit

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Skullfucking isn't necessarily rape tho?

Who are you to judge how aggressively someone should have sexual relations.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Mind_Taker posted:

This is a really tough question to answer honestly. The first game and a half by the Giants was putrid, and I struggle to think of any bright spots. However, second half of the Cards game and the entire Texans game showed a solid O-Line, a confident QB and receiving corps, and a defense that could get things done.

That said, the Giants biggest weakness continues to be screwing themselves over. I honestly think the Giants had the Cardinals game at the end there if Cruz hadn't dropped a pass and started a downward spiral, and the Giants left at least 6 points on the field through a bobbled snap and a fumble.

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
David Carr is going to be non-consensually penetrated on multiple occasions by Cameron wake this weekend in front of a raucous Wembley crowd. Can't see the raiders escaping with anything but a brutal beating somewhere around 27-7 or 35-10

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Arizona, 3-0, versus the Bye.

I'm glad to say that the first time in a few years this isn't a gimme game for the bye week.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Cruel and Unusual posted:

They dropped everyone into coverage and dared Eddie Lacy to run the ball against a six-man box. He failed. Hope your run defense is good.

None of the teams are going to be able to run the football in Lions-Jets. The Lions should win, because talent-wise there's a sizable gap and at his worst I'd still prefer Stafford over :geno: :smith:, but Lions. Maybe Vick will get the start and rip us to shreds. We'll see what happens.

In addition they disguised Levy. He both dropped into coverage and stuffed the gaps. He was all over the place. Whale of a game.

Lions can run on the Jets I think. Especially, if Wilkerson is hurt. Jets corners looked bad. Ryan was doing everything he could to try and protect them. Calvin should have a strong game even if they do a good job on him. Tate will move chains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Mind_Taker posted:

Washington is a 3.5 point favorite over the Giants which sounds right I guess, the teams seem pretty equal but Washington is playing at home.

However, Washington's special teams is just putrid. They don't have a kicker who can kick touchbacks, coverage teams are horrible, etc. I feel like you need to spot the Giants at least 3 points just due to special teams fuckups, which makes this game pretty much a toss up.

DeAngelo Hall tore his achilles which is a pretty big blow. He has gone from being really bad to pretty decent in the past two years and now the top two corners are Amerson and E.J. Biggers. Combined with the horrid situation at safety, secondary is the biggest weakness on the team right now. If Eli gets any time at all he should be able to make some big plays down the field.

Both of our special teams are putrid. We gave up a TD to Ted Ginn Jr in 2014 and on the subsequent kickoff fumbled it. Against the Texans we had a bad snap cost us a field goal. Our special teams have been putrid for years so that's probably going to nullify itself.

I don't really know what to expect of this matchup. If the Giants that played the Texans show up I think we have a good chance. Our Oline played very well against the Watt but I don't know if it will stay that way or what. You guys seem to be getting a lot of pressure, so I'm worried there. Our D-line looks good again, JPP hasn't been getting sacks but he's been all over the field causing disruptions. Hankins looks like we aren't even missing Linval Joseph, and Robert Ayers has replaced Tuck without missing a beat. Even Kiwi is doing okay, and DaMontre is alright.

Our linebacking corp is still poo poo, so middle of the field is a weakness.

The Giants Defense has some issues at safety (Stevie Brown got benched against the Texans for Nat Berhe, who is a 5th round inexperienced rookie). But overall We should play you guys harder than Philly or Jax did, so I wouldn't expect the same amount of points. If you guys can put up 30+ points again though, I don't think we are going to win.

Eli looks comfortable in the new dink and dunk, Cruz seems to have great plays and terrible ones. Donnell looks great when he secures the ball. Randle is the same as always, and Parker looks kind of nice for a 3rd option.

The Giants biggest enemies are themselves. Without the dumb mistakes the Texans game is far more out of hand. How are you guys at covering TEs and throwing deep? How's your Run D? I expect DJax to burn us at least once because he always does.

• Locked thread