Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

not trying to sweep the Damiya thing under the rug or anything, just don't think those threads are supposed to stay in public forums.

RIP Damiya

don't think this will be a long term cjs thread, just somewhere for you guys to react or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

prefect posted:

there's a poem called "richard cory", about a guy who's rich and successful and well-liked, and who kills himself. it's not going to be as cause-and-effect as you want it to be. maybe some improvements can be helpful for some people, but sometimes it's not going to make a difference

Richard Coury has a happy ending though, this is real hosed up and sad.

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
:(

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
whoa holy poo poo y'all i come back from getting slapped around by work and see that we're neck in neck with the catte thread

our family dealt with a p serious attempt last year and the only reason that this person is even still alive is because they paralyzed themselves enough to be unable to finish the job and were instead stuck at the site for like 6 hours before being found and brought to the hospital

this was attempt #2 for this person after they attempted it with pills (which turned out not to be lethal at any dosage)

what was super fun was administering heavy painkillers needed by a person due to a suicide attempt who had previously made an attempt with pills - you basically hafta have a safe to keep the pills in since they've gotta be someplace in the household and they just stare at the pills the whole time you're giving them to em

ugh this kinda thing is the worst

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Citizen Tayne posted:

"the right people never get hurt" --reid fleming, world's toughest milkman

and i get it swsp; i remember ozma (i think) posting that saying you're suicidal will get you banned, because they don't want to encourage that kind of thing and people should get pro help instead of complaining on the internet

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY
can't get at the post i was in the middle of quoting but:

hey quiggy you seem to be dealing w/ yr transition + all the poo poo that comes with it better than most anyone else ive seen. don't know how you manage it considering how much you got on your plate, but it's hella impressive :shobon:

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Citizen Tayne posted:

don't sign all our posts :(

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
even tho all of you are lovely posters please don't kill yourself.

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

coffeetable posted:

hey quiggy you seem to be dealing w/ yr transition + all the poo poo that comes with it better than most anyone else ive seen. don't know how you manage it considering how much you got on your plate, but it's hella impressive :shobon:

yeah same.

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY
also at a completely different level, posting your suicide note to yospos jesus loving christ

if any of you feel like that's something you'd do, your life is hosed up. get a hobby and make some friends

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

PuTTY riot posted:

even tho all of you are lovely posters please don't kill you are self.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
good work mr parrot.

Cold on a Cob posted:

Socracheese
Oct 20, 2008

PuTTY riot posted:

i love all of u even tori

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Cold on a Cob posted:

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

PuTTY riot posted:

i love u all even the ones i dont like

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
gently caress. don't kill yourself. get help if you think you need it. talk to your friends and family.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

coffeetable posted:

quigs is a loving rockstar on the real and im proud to call her an e-friend

Sharktopus
Aug 9, 2006

not now cosby damnit

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

same

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

for what it's worth I don't think anybody should blame themselves for not doing more. she'd made up her mind weeks ago. that suicide note was no cry for help.

there's some hosed up solace to be had in the fact she posted it here at all. she knew there were people here who would miss her and did us the courtesy of sharing it with us instead of just disappearing.

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

Jonny 290 posted:

same. i also considered damiya my e-friend. :cry:

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Werthog 95 posted:

for what it's worth I don't think anybody should blame themselves for not doing more. she'd made up her mind weeks ago. that suicide note was no cry for help.

there's some hosed up solace to be had in the fact she posted it here at all. she knew there were people here who would miss her and did us the courtesy of sharing it with us instead of just disappearing.

that's true i guess, i still feel crummy though

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

Werthog 95 posted:

yeah. i am actually glad she posted a link to the note here. beats finding out about it a month from now

pointers
Sep 4, 2008

born on a buy you posted:

gently caress. don't kill yourself. get help if you think you need it. talk to your friends and family.
said something like this on the last page but: sadbrains is awful for giving you reasons you don't need/deserve help. if you are miserable, get help, please.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

whoa holy poo poo y'all i come back from getting slapped around by work and see that we're neck in neck with the catte thread

our family dealt with a p serious attempt last year and the only reason that this person is even still alive is because they paralyzed themselves enough to be unable to finish the job and were instead stuck at the site for like 6 hours before being found and brought to the hospital

this was attempt #2 for this person after they attempted it with pills (which turned out not to be lethal at any dosage)

what was super fun was administering heavy painkillers needed by a person due to a suicide attempt who had previously made an attempt with pills - you basically hafta have a safe to keep the pills in since they've gotta be someplace in the household and they just stare at the pills the whole time you're giving them to em

ugh this kinda thing is the worst

the day i got my wisdom teeth out, i remember my mom talking to the surgeon about the long night they'd just had (she was a nurse) -- a kid had tried to kill himself, but didn't account for recoil, and blew off the front of his face instead. i hope this isn't a terrible thing to say, but i like to think it was as quick and painless as possible for damiya

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Werthog 95 posted:

planning it out and setting a date is strongest indicator for a successful attempt and the very first thing that a healthcare worker will ask you if they have reason to suspect or w/e

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Man I don't really post in the cj thread but like

=\ we're all one forum

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
whos damiya

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

prefect posted:

the day i got my wisdom teeth out, i remember my mom talking to the surgeon about the long night they'd just had (she was a nurse) -- a kid had tried to kill himself, but didn't account for recoil, and blew off the front of his face instead. i hope this isn't a terrible thing to say, but i like to think it was as quick and painless as possible for damiya

not to get all morbid but it was 00 buckshot. she didn't hurt.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i loved chatting with damiya when she was up and hated it when she was down. and the ugly truth is that for a while she was banned from #yospos b/c she was too upset and off the rails and we didnt know how to help and she didnt know how to accept help

but i cant dwell on that b/c i believe that guilt is a horrible millstone and instead am going to focus on trying to honor damiya by being a little bit more patient and kind and tolerant to those of us around me that are in pain

Apr 7, 2003

prefect posted:

That isn't a hosed up thing to say at all, no one wants to see anyone suffer.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

prefect posted:

i don't think it's terrible at all to hope that, if it happened, it hopefully happened in the least painful way.

drat. i never knew damiya but this is still very sad.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jonny 290 posted:

but i cant dwell on that b/c i believe that guilt is a horrible millstone and instead am going to focus on trying to honor damiya by being a little bit more patient and kind and tolerant to those of us around me that are in pain

Good man

Apr 7, 2003

Also killing yourself after you've "won" and have a high-paying job makes a certain amount of sense, once the dog has caught the car what the gently caress does he do then

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

drat. i never knew damiya but this is still very sad.

Yeah this :(

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

prefect posted:

this is super common - futurewife had one of those and they were putting him through rehab even tho he was blind and couldn't eat through his "mouth" and his life was basically over and would for sure attempt it again, probably by walking into the street after being discharged

hoooooly poo poo tho do not ask healthcare workers for sympathy about suicide attempt victims

i have never heard so much bile and rancor from a nurse or doctor

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

gently caress

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
i have dealt with mental illness for a long time. it took me five years to come to terms with the fact that i had depression and it took me several years to figure out what it was and how to handle it. it never goes away and for some it takes their lives

seeing someone go after seeing so many indications of a problem being there is painful for me. seeing a note left in an irc channel for everyone to read including myself is even worse

it's not her fault for this and it was not selfish. the pain is awful, dark, and in almost all cases, indescribable

i am sad :(

hug your friends, family, pets, whatever... love, family, and friends is what keeps the problem from getting its grips on me

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

OSI bean dip posted:

hug your friends, family, pets, whatever... love, family, and friends is what keeps the problem from getting its grips on me

i could never kill myself as long as my parents were still alive. for whatever ridiculous reason, they seem to like me, and making them sad like that would be a terrible thing

• Locked thread