Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I don't get why fighting games require years of hardcore wrist training or a loving robot hand or some poo poo. Like, I respect the idea of them but they need to lower the barrier to entry on that poo poo somehow.

I mean really

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
divekick

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
if only someone would get rid of these loving finger puzzles i could actually win on my tactical genius. Sigh...

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

plays free weekend fighting games

the crippling realization that i am very bad

deleted from library and wish list

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I mash buttons and it works allright

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

not a moment goes by in which I’m not disappointed in my horrible abilities to competitively fight games

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

i can beat all my friends at mvc3 so badly they wont play with me anymore and then i go online and get instantly wrecked its very sad

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
Get good OP

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

babypolis posted:

i can beat all my friends at mvc3 so badly they wont play with me anymore and then i go online and get instantly wrecked its very sad

your friends should activate their burning hero spirit and take their loss as a chance to grow more powerful than you could possibly imagine

Dec 26, 2012

Countblanc posted:

if only someone would get rid of these loving finger puzzles i could actually win on my tactical genius. Sigh...

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Countblanc posted:

your friends should activate their burning hero spirit and take their loss as a chance to grow more powerful than you could possibly imagine

i always do this because i love a good challenge but most people are sore losers :(

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

I get extremely frustrated when I play fighting games because I've always been pretty competent at anything I pick up without much effort, so I've never really had the experience of devoting a lot of time to something and getting better at it.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

babypolis posted:

i always do this because i love a good challenge but most people are sore losers :(

yeah i don't get this. i can fight the same guy over and over for a hundred matches and lose every time and still be ready for more, but other people i've met lose once and just immediately quit. what gives

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
anytime i look at a fighting game thread i'm just like jesus christ

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

babypolis posted:

this is me

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

fighting games are the purest form of video games, but its okay if youre not ready for them as a gamer

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

homeless snail posted:

fighting games are the purest form of video games, but its okay if youre not ready for them as a gamer

yeah

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Falsum posted:

Get good OP

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
someone gift me street fighter ultra on steam please

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

stoutfish posted:

someone gift me street fighter ultra on steam please
i suggest playing super turbo, instead

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

homeless snail posted:

why, ultra owns

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

homeless snail posted:

i just want to play a game that isn't dead

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

there are at least 10 brazillians playing super turbo right now on ggpo

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

I get paid to stab people with sharp objects.

oknope posted:

not a moment goes by in which I’m not disappointed in my horrible abilities to competitively fight games

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I'd like to get good but who has the TIME

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
It's ok OP there are other games.

May I suggest Angry Birds it's perfect for you

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

babypolis posted:

This is me with every fighting game. My friends don't invest the time I do so I completely crush them, then my own rear end gets crushed when I try to fight a rando online.

I grasp the full mechanics easily and I have good reflexes, but I don't memorize the deeper combos and finger-gymnastics required to be high-tier.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
whoops I don't have a fightstick or gamepad without circle gates, guess I'm going to gently caress up two-thirds of every special move attempt.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

homeless snail posted:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Dunno OP. I like Tekken but I can't play it, firstly as I don't have my disk anymore since it broke in half, and also because I don't know how to. Bye!

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

THIS. It removes all the stupid autist execution bullshit and focuses purely on the psychology of the game. Brilliant.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

conceitedguy posted:

THIS. It removes all the stupid autist execution bullshit and focuses purely on the psychology of the game. Brilliant.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

it makes me lol that people have flocked to the really bad joke fg as if it were an actual game

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
spam drill claw

failing that, focus entirely on niddhogg, dive kick, lethal league, and gang beasts, the future of fighting games is here

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Fighting games are just like Vs. puzzgames' little brother.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bbf-Z2IgnVY

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

homeless snail posted:

This isnt true.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
The epic furry guy who made insanely bad Let's Plays and is now a BYOB superstar weighs in on game design

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

The epic furry guy who made insanely bad Let's Plays and is now a BYOB superstar weighs in on game design

:sterv:

• Locked thread