Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
We can only pray Cleveland saves us from the Steelers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Browns Bitch

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
I like this Andy Dalton ver. 2.0 way better

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
The Cleveland Browns are, in week 10, until Sunday at least, in first place in the AFC North

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Steelers gonna win the division y'all

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

What the gently caress just happened?

Did that actually count?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
The Good Bengals are like that dancing frog you discover and then when you get everyone gathered around and open the box it just sits there and everyone talks about how the frog's kid has cancer

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I have never seen like this weird national tv block this team has anywhere in sports ever. I don't have anything to compare it to it makes no sense.

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

Intruder posted:

The Cleveland Browns are, in week 10, until Sunday at least, in first place in the AFC North

I have some bad news for you...

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I've seen it. The Ravens are going to beat Cleveland in Week 17 to decide that the Steelers have won the division. gently caress it all I guess

Gerty
Jun 11, 2013

by XyloJW
33 attempts for 86 yards, Cedric Benson would be proud

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008
I'm disappointing the thread wasn't titled "A New Cincinnati Quarterback, Andy Dalton 2.0"

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Goetta posted:

I have never seen like this weird national tv block this team has anywhere in sports ever. I don't have anything to compare it to it makes no sense.

National television exposure is just another kind of pressure for Andy Dalton to crumble under.

Pork Chops Aplenty
Jan 11, 2008

My brain still can't quite process the indisputable scientific fact that the browns are good

I'm trying to undo 28 years of the football equivalent of the ludovico technique here guys what the hell do i do???

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Militree posted:

I have some bad news for you...

Fine, tied for first. Also the Steelers play the Jets so yeah it's going to be shortlived

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

This is the most wins the Browns have had in a season in 7 years.

Gerty posted:

33 attempts for 86 yards, Cedric Benson would be proud

Haha

Kalli fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Nov 7, 2014

Stupid Dick
May 25, 2004

I'm just glad that I don't have to disillusion myself with believing this team is good for the rest of the season. Yes, there are a lot of injuries right now that aren't helping, but Dalton is too erratic to ever get to a Superbowl. Last year was probably their best window with the current players and they're going to start losing pieces to FA very soon. At this rate, it wouldn't surprise me if AJ tested FA at the end of next season.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
There is exactly one thing Dalton can't do.

He can throw a deep ball.

He can protect the football.

He can make adjustments.

He can throw touch passes.

He can scramble.

I can remember Dalton doing all of those things multiple times, consistently, throughout games.

He can not elevate the offense when it's playing poorly. I can not remember a single, solitary time where the team was playing badly around him and he carried them. He plays well when the offense is playing well most of the time. When their right tackle can not block a man, when receivers can't make tough catches, when RBs aren't finding holes, when the team gets behind he simply can not be the guy who pulls the team back into competition.

It was the same story in the playoff game last year. Dalton played fine the first half when the team was more or less clicking, but when the Chargers learned to exploit the interior line he fell apart with the rest of the team.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Man we aren't even that far removed from the Bengals being a powerhouse and the Patriots being done

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

The Bengals have been horrifically unfun to watch in each of their losses and it really sucks/

Maybe this game was just some symbolic passing of the one and done curse to Cleveland, idk

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Intruder posted:

Man we aren't even that far removed from the Bengals being a powerhouse and the Patriots being done

This is why I'm not too worried about the Chargers

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I mean, they may sneak into the playoffs and if they do they've got a shot at winning a game like any other team, but the Bengals have put their flaws on tape to consistently for opposing teams to not have a solid idea of how to beat them.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Eifert Posting posted:

There is exactly one thing Dalton can't do.

He can throw a deep ball.

He can protect the football.

He can make adjustments.

He can throw touch passes.

He can scramble.

I can remember Dalton doing all of those things multiple times, consistently, throughout games.

He can not elevate the offense when it's playing poorly. I can not remember a single, solitary time where the team was playing badly around him and he carried them. He plays well when the offense is playing well most of the time. When their right tackle can not block a man, when receivers can't make tough catches, when RBs aren't finding holes, when the team gets behind he simply can not be the guy who pulls the team back into competition.

It was the same story in the playoff game last year. Dalton played fine the first half when the team was more or less clicking, but when the Chargers learned to exploit the interior line he fell apart with the rest of the team.

He also no longer has a defense that is strong enough to bail him out but a large part of that is Atkins clearly not being 100% despite a couple of nice plays here and there and Burfict deciding he wants to die on the field or something. The 2013 Bengals D obviously wins the Panthers game and it makes the Patriots game a lot more interesting. Nothing the D could really do better tonight tho so whatever

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Did this really just happen?

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Time posted:

Steelers gonna win the division y'all

the shittiest future

wasianchickn
Sep 4, 2006

welp

Flikken posted:

Did this really just happen?

All your dreams coming true.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Browns and Steelers fighting for the division.

Feels good man

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Browns and Steelers fighting for the division.

Feels good man

too bad everyone knows how this ends

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Lessail posted:

:getin:

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Lessail posted:

tim tebow isnt in the league anymore tho?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
This year is loving weird, gents.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

tim tebow isnt in the league anymore tho?

It just keeps getting better in old Mudkiperville

Notable Dom X
Apr 3, 2011

by exmarx
Buglord

Goetta posted:

The Good Bengals are like that dancing frog you discover and then when you get everyone gathered around and open the box it just sits there and everyone talks about how the frog's kid has cancer

YMB
Nov 8, 2009

in an unceremonious way
I'm really happy for the Browns and Mike Pettine. He used to coach one my high school's rival schools, he's a local guy and all of his players really seem to like him. Cleveland fans are pretty drat loyal considering what they have been put through - maybe their loyalty comes from that adversity. Of course there is still a lot of work to be done this season, but it seems like Browns fans have more reasons to be happy about their team than they've had in a long time. :unsmith:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The closest we get to Peter King using his connections well:

Peter King: 5 minutes ago

Just off phone with Joe Haden. The word "giddy" would be too mild to describe his tone of voice.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Goetta posted:

:golfclap:

Notable Dom X
Apr 3, 2011

by exmarx
Buglord
for real though, god bless the cleveland browns and god bless football. I just wish we got to play the Steelers more so we could absolutely murder them out of the playoffs.

I fully believe that as a browns fan for the first time in my life. Football is good, praise allah

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Goetta posted:

i laughed when i read this but now that everyone is emptyquoting i guess i will too, though i guess its not really an emptyquote now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Wow Andy Dalton sucks dick. I mean maybe his advanced stats say he is good or whatever I don't care. I'd kill myself if he was my teams QB. Just an uninspiring boring turd. Looks like a dickhead when he yells at receivers after throwing a pick. Bet his teammates hate his rear end. Bengals are frauds.

• Locked thread