Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lite_sleepr
why would anyone live around baltimore and the DC area? the traffic is *ridiculous*. I have literally driven in Kabul Afghanistan and the I 95 southbound was only .2% better. Seriously gently caress new england forever.

virginia is pretty though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEExCEE

baltimore and dc aren't new england

lite_sleepr
ok so maryland isn't technically one of the new england colonies but the whole north eastern US is p much NE and it all sucks. deal w/ it mr. geography wizard

Pinche Rudo

What were you doing driving in Kabul? TERRORIST

Einsteins Kegels

by R. Guyovich

GEExCEE posted:

yeah wtf

Einsteins Kegels

by R. Guyovich

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

ok so maryland isn't technically one of the new england colonies but the whole north eastern US is p much NE and it all sucks. deal w/ it mr. geography wizard

nope.

Einsteins Kegels

by R. Guyovich
the eastern border of new york state is where new england begins, ya fucktard.

Einsteins Kegels

by R. Guyovich
i cant believe this guy thought DC was considered new england...

alnilam

Umm ever heard of a little thing called public transit? :xd:

lite_sleepr

Einsteins Kegels posted:

i cant believe this guy thought DC was considered new england...

good thing I did not consider DC as being new england I guess nor did I ever imply that I did, just the maryland part v0v

dogcrash truther
astounded that this guy went to kabul, afghanistan, but didn't know that he was in the mid-atlantic region

alnilam

yeah how do you get to be president, who lives in dc, and not even know that

lite_sleepr

dogcrash truther posted:

astounded that this guy went to kabul, afghanistan, but didn't know that he was in the mid-atlantic region

its literally the same

alnilam posted:

yeah how do you get to be president, who lives in dc, and not even know that

by fighting prowess

Einsteins Kegels

by R. Guyovich

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

good thing I did not consider DC as being new england I guess nor did I ever imply that I did, just the maryland part v0v

ah yes, a state south of new york, and thus separated from the entire new england region, is part of new england, somehow. and wyoming is part of the sun belt... lol.

Einsteins Kegels

by R. Guyovich

dogcrash truther posted:

kabul is actually located in what is known as the middle east or, "near east"

lite_sleepr

Einsteins Kegels posted:

ah yes, a state south of new york, and thus separated from the entire new england region, is part of new england, somehow. and wyoming is part of the sun belt... lol.

hey look at me i know all these vague, uncommon general region names for parts of the US hey look at me

Einsteins Kegels

by R. Guyovich
new england has very specific boundaries and is an incredibly common regional name

lite_sleepr

Einsteins Kegels posted:

new england has very specific boundaries and is an incredibly common regional name

real quick, what REGION of the us do you poo poo in?

Einsteins Kegels

by R. Guyovich
mid-atlantic, which also happens to be the region where maryland and washington DC are located.

alnilam

i live right at the intersection of the mid atlantic, the midwest, and appalachia :ohdear:

Einsteins Kegels

by R. Guyovich

alnilam posted:

i live right at the intersection of the mid atlantic, the midwest, and appalachia :ohdear:

western PA?

alnilam

ya I'm in Pittsburgh "the Paris of Appalachia"

ulvir

Baltimore is full of drugs and incompetent politicians. that's what The Wire taught me

Einsteins Kegels

by R. Guyovich

alnilam posted:

nice. i knew that because, unlike the OP, i have a basic knowledge of US geography.

Ace of Baes
one time i had a huge argument with this girl from nebraska over whether michigan was part of the midwest

Diqnol

I consider DC the south.

Lock

hardcore sound gets you hypah

alnilam posted:

now is that appalAHchia or appalAYchia

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

GEExCEE posted:

not even loving close

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

anime gently caress pillow posted:

I consider DC the south.

same

GEExCEE

I don't know about DC but the rest of Virginia is definitely the South

GEExCEE

Mission Control: We've got the co-ordinates on Mullah Mohammed Omar's location. Your aerial strike team will lead the bombardment group, carrying out precision attacks here, here, and here. *pings locations on holomap* We deploy at oh three hundred, so get ready. Good luck gentlemen.

PRESIDENT GOKU: HUh? Where? Okay, uhbhh, just bomb a little bit around the whole area. You know like the northeast of the country, it's all the same basically. Whatever.

alnilam

Lock posted:

now is that appalAHchia or appalAYchia

i used to be a layman but one of my housemates studied oral history in the smoky mountain region and she taught me to be an appalAHchian

i am he

once breadingbutter argued with me saying that washington state was part of the bible belt. i said, "what the hell thats not right at all," and we argued for a while. he said "i have a book with a map of the bible belt that shows washington state in it." i demanded to see the map but he said "it got incinerated in house fire along with all my other belongings so I can't show it to you." i then said "im sorry to hear that," and he responded "it was actually a good thing." and the conversation was over.

Ace of Baes

i am he posted:

once breadingbutter argued with me saying that washington state was part of the bible belt. i said, "what the hell thats not right at all," and we argued for a while. he said "i have a book with a map of the bible belt that shows washington state in it." i demanded to see the map but he said "it got incinerated in house fire along with all my other belongings so I can't show it to you." i then said "im sorry to hear that," and he responded "it was actually a good thing." and the conversation was over.

did he walk away after that?

i am he

this time, i walked away.

Diqnol

If your house is burning down, of course I'm going to keep walking down the street. What else could you expect me to do?

i am he

thats a true story and reveals a lot about that guy's mental state.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

i am he posted:

lol. I have a book that says Madagascar is part of Greenland, but it burned up in a fire, sorry.

alnilam

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

lol. I have a book that says Madagascar is part of Greenland, but it burned up in a fire, sorry.

they're both big islands with unique wildlife, makes u think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lite_sleepr

Einsteins Kegels posted:

mid-atlantic, which also happens to be the region where maryland and washington DC are located.

Well I consider everything east of the California state line to be the poo poo belt so there ya go idiot guy with a few Carmen San Diego VHS tapes

• Locked thread