Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
It's a tedious game with a million useless ugly things to collect and frustrating amateurish platformer gameplay. Its sense of humor has also aged extremely poorly. Give this one a pass. Maybe play Grim Fandango instead. Later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
ya the gameply was mediocre

but some of the level design and level atmosphere was and still is loving awesome

like giant chess board, lsd neon painting, crazy milkman conspiracy, and wireframe tokyo

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

LOOK UP THERE! IT'S GOGGALOR!

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

It's a tedious game with a million useless ugly things to collect and frustrating amateurish platformer gameplay. Its sense of humor has also aged extremely poorly. Give this one a pass. Maybe play Grim Fandango instead. Later.

I thought I was the only one who felt this way.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

*holding on to a giant sign with OPs avatar on it*

I'm a boring shitposter. This is my bad opinion.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
I wish all the cool levels were in a better game. Cheers.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

IT's funny and fun.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
weren't you the guy who would exclusively post things like "a hot steaming poo poo from my rear end"

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

Cyra posted:

weren't you the guy who would exclusively post things like "a hot steaming poo poo from my rear end"

dont sign your posts lol

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

I remember liking it when I was younger but I don't think I would enjoy it very much today.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Cyra posted:

Indeed.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Silver Striker posted:

I remember liking it when I was younger but I don't think I would enjoy it very much today.

I didn't like it then and I don't like it now.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

I didn't like it then and I don't like it now.

In my defense I was in high school and I was a lot dumber.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
http://steamcommunity.com/id/bonzibuddy64/wishlist

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i enjoyed it at the time, but have moved on. i am sorry to see that it still lingers on your mind, like the taunt of the schoolyard bully that haunts you to this day.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i like running around on the ball

the lungfish level is the worst one because they wont yet you run around on the ball

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

Swelter Discharge posted:

dont sign your posts lol

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Silver Striker posted:

In my defense I was in high school and I was a lot dumber.

Mr. Pumroy posted:

i enjoyed it at the time, but have moved on. i am sorry to see that it still lingers on your mind, like the taunt of the schoolyard bully that haunts you to this day.
Well, I didn't like it in 2004 or whatever, but I had the PS2 version, widely regarded as a fail port...picked up the PC version a few days ago because hey, I'm older now and I make thousands of dollars a year, so why not? Lesson learned: it's still a bad game. Just wanted to warn the Imp Zone, lest they make the same mistake.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

Well, I didn't like it in 2004 or whatever, but I had the PS2 version, widely regarded as a fail port...picked up the PC version a few days ago because hey, I'm older now and I make thousands of dollars a year, so why not? Lesson learned: it's still a bad game. Just wanted to warn the Imp Zone, lest they make the same mistake.

You are doing the right thing, looking out for your fellow Imps. Gamerspeed.

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
Psyxhonauts is the only good double fine game

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Psychonauts kicks a ton of rear end. Sorry about your Extreme Retardation Disease, op.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

zen death robot posted:

Perhaps it is you who is the retard

we're all retarded but some of us aren't retards with terrible opinions on videogames.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

All Psychonauts needs is smoother controls and less obtuse adventure game poo poo. It suffers from an adventure game with platforming elements tacked on.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i played it once there was hype or whatever around it, and it sucked rear end and was invader zim levels of retardation, i got to the meat circus level and gave up. loving awful game

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Psychonauts would have been better as an early release game, because then they wouldn't have finished it so Meat Circus wouldn't be in the game at all.

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

i remember there not being very many platformers around that time hunger is the best spice

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i've never played it. from what i've seen it looks pretty ugly though

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

Butt Frosted Cake posted:

i remember there not being very many platformers around that time hunger is the best spice

i like pepper

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
thought it was cool that they were so dedicated to their dumb little world they made up that every single character reacts to every possible item and power in a unique way, even if you cheat the game to get powers earlier and use them on characters that disapear before you get them properly

also they made a loving myspace account for most of the characters and had them post comments on the other pages, they were dedicated to the lore of their invader zim fangame

too bad none of the actual game was fun at all

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

black pepper, red pepper or both mixed together?

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

Butt Frosted Cake posted:

black pepper, red pepper or both mixed together?

hell, both are great in my opinion

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Swelter Discharge posted:

dont sign your posts lol

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

i played it once there was hype or whatever around it, and it sucked rear end and was invader zim levels of retardation, i got to the meat circus level and gave up. loving awful game
"meat circus" does sound invader zim as gently caress

i have no opinion on psychonauts other than its fans think it's some overlooked masterpiece and they won't shut up about it, and i would very much like them to do so

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

uh so you got to the very last level of the game that was bad and gave up???

also meat circus is the worst level, but still, you played like 9 hours or whatever and got the last level of a game you hated

i want to dwelve into your brain, how does that happen?

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

All Psychonauts needs is smoother controls and less obtuse adventure game poo poo. It suffers from an adventure game with platforming elements tacked on.
Actually, in a good adventure game such as the one I mentioned in the OP, Grim Fandango, players collect objects which may SEEM useless or silly but in fact can be applied to puzzles or scenarios later on. Applying these objects results in a challenging and rewarding gameplay experience. In Psychonauts you chase annoying little objects that simply add up numbers to create powerups and it's tedious. "Hth"

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Xaris posted:

uh so you got to the very last level of the game that was bad and gave up???

also meat circus is the worst level, but still, you played like 9 hours or whatever and got the last level of a game you hated

i want to dwelve into your brain, how does that happen?

i spent money on the game and wanted to see what the hype was about, and it wans't even worth finishing?

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
It's very ugly looking

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
tim schafer is an anagram of mr shitface

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Arian_Samurai posted:

It's very ugly looking
The player character model looks really good but everything else is horrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

mediocre platforming in a fun settings, great script and fun levels

it's good and an enjoyable gaming experience with some minor meh platforming areas (fishboss and very last level for example). it's just not the amazing infallible masterpiece some people make it out to be.

for these reasons I recommend Psychonauts

• Locked thread