Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
:nws:http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130625120837/thewildarmy/images/0/00/Mario_Goatse.jpg

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Dec 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
Godspeed sir. You're about to experience the epicness of playing through super metroid for the first time, a thing any gamer wishes they could recapture. Cherish this moment, and enjoy! :)

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Not a fan myself OP but I hope you enjoy yourself.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Cyra posted:

Godspeed sir. You're about to experience the epicness of playing through super metroid for the first time, a thing any gamer wishes they could recapture. Cherish this moment, and enjoy! :)

im a homo. im a human being. im a big gay baby with no life no dick

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Cyra posted:

Man, no offense but could you stop posting around me? Nothing against your posts, but I don't want to have to keep looking at Miles "Tails" Prower's rear end in a top hat.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

bonzibuddy64 posted:

Man, no offense but could you stop posting around me? Nothing against your posts, but I don't want to have to keep looking at Miles "Tails" Prower's rear end in a top hat.

i dunno man, i mean i'll try, but it seems like it could be difficult. you could block the image or someone could replace it for me, maybe with this

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
have fun playing one of the best games ever made.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Alright.. I see firey monsters everywhere, molten rock, and heat-wave rooms I can't go into. This must be the lava level, Norfair.

zelgadis
Sep 5, 2004

Doesn't that just beat all
I have a vivid childhood memory. I go to my friends house to.show him i rented super metroid. When i get there, he had just rented mortal kombat 3. Then we played super metroid.

Also no spoilers but you gotta be a genius to find kraid's lair without already knowing where it is.

farsel
Aug 4, 2007

I'm beginning to doubt the OP's legitimacy of being a Nintendo Gamer if he hasn't even played Super Metroid all the way through before...

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
There are a lot of Nintendo games, my friend.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

farsel posted:

I'm beginning to doubt the OP's legitimacy of being a Nintendo Gamer if he hasn't even played Super Metroid all the way through before...

I'm sure there are great games that you haven't gotten around to yet. Grow up and be accepting of others.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

farsel posted:

I've often watched it being played, and being speedrunned, but I haven't played it for myself. Anyways, I just beat Kraid, got the Varia suit, got the power bombs, and now I'm taking a break.

Budohead
Feb 13, 2011

Head Case

farsel posted:

The path of gaming is a path of compassion - do not dis bonzi buddie's gamer cred at this late hour but instead be happy that he has finally joined you in appreciating this epic classic

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
I've also never played through "A Link To The Past" or "Super Mario Brothers 3".

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

then you have many wonderful gaming adventures to look forward to, friend! godspeed

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

bonzibuddy64 posted:

I've also never played through "A Link To The Past" or "Super Mario Brothers 3".

Did you grow up in a Sega household or something? Get to work and most importantly, have fun.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

lol

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Cyra posted:

i dunno man, i mean i'll try, but it seems like it could be difficult. you could block the image or someone could replace it for me, maybe with this

this would be 10x better if it flashed to zoomed in still and hte censor bar was in the wrong place

edit: when did it stop zooming in

also on topic: super metroid is sick as hell and after you play it you should play zero mission because zero mission's the best one in the series

Sizup
Nov 25, 2008

bonzibuddy64 posted:

both games have aged well and you should have bought them instead of donkey kong swing country or what ever it was

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I am going to 100% super metroid again today. Thanks op.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I've never beaten it either, op. I am at the water level.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

metroid Fusion has better bosses and a color palette that doesn't look like someone dropped it in mud

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

oddium posted:

metroid Fusion has better bosses and a color palette that doesn't look like someone dropped it in mud

Nobody cares.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

oddium posted:

and everything else about it is worse.

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it

zelgadis posted:

Also no spoilers but you gotta be a genius to find kraid's lair without already knowing where it is.

pssh

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

mabels big day posted:

Nobody cares.

wow more like mabels rude mouth

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

mabels big day posted:

Nobody cares.

Wow, what's with the attitude?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

Wow, what's with the attitude?

Whenever metroid is brought up in any thread, oddium has to bring up how they think super metroid is not as good as fusion and I don't like it

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

(g-gah... they're on to me... :sweatdrop:)

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i keep wondering if the witch in oddium's avatar was originally intended to be ashley

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Bonzi if you get stuck remember to shoot the floor because that actually is always the way to find out where to go next. This isn't a joke

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

when in doubt power bomb

oh I forgot there's also x-ray in this one.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Blackheart posted:

when in doubt power bomb

oh I forgot there's also x-ray in this one.

yeah but that's much later if he's only in nofair he needs to find the ice cannon or whatever the thing is to get back to brinstar

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

BERGfu posted:

yeah but that's much later if he's only in nofair he needs to find the ice cannon or whatever the thing is to get back to brinstar

I usually skip x ray, but I'm pretty sure you just need grapple and power bombs from norfair to get it.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

I usually skip x ray, but I'm pretty sure you just need grapple and power bombs from norfair to get it.

iirc you can also just shinespark to get it if you want it. kind of a tricky jump tho

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

zen death robot posted:

It does seem like someone has to bring either this or how NES Metroid was a terrible game and virtually impossible.

the original metroid is pretty cool imo

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

when i was a kid i thought those were piles of rubble, now i see they are dead bodies

my gamer innocence has been lost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
there's a super metroid randomizer

• Locked thread