Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GoodbyeTurtles

:suezo:

Hello and welcome to the CAR PROBLEM THREAD,
here you post whats wrong with your car & i (& any other qualified automotive technicians who stop by) will ask a few questions, maybe get you to take a few pictures or w/e in order to help determine what's wrong with your lovely rear end car & how to fix it if it's something you should be able to do.
think of all the money you could save!!

here's a car for reference in case anyone is confused:

here's a car that's also a shark:

post what's wrong with your car (other than it not also being a shark)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tao of lmao

are you click or clack?

Diqnol

My car makes this sound: brbrbrbrbrbrbrbr. What's wrong.

GoodbyeTurtles

True and Real posted:

My car makes this sound: brbrbrbrbrbrbrbr. What's wrong.

prob a misfire or hole in your exhaust

Gross Dude

Gross Dude
My car's really messy.

GoodbyeTurtles

Gross Dude posted:

My car's really messy.

let the flames cleanse all

yoober

my problem is that I don't have a car

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

my inside door handle is cracked and the replacement for one without the electronic door lock button hole is, like, five bucks, but the one I need is $25. what the hell?

alnilam

i don't have ae car op

but I'll be here to field any bike fixing problems that come up :D

Diqnol

New question. I have a car that is misfiring but drives. I don't have a license because driving is scary to me. How do I fix this.

GoodbyeTurtles

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

my inside door handle is cracked and the replacement for one without the electronic door lock button hole is, like, five bucks, but the one I need is $25. what the hell?

buy the cheap one and cut the hole yourself, it's only an old civic.... i think

GoodbyeTurtles

yoober posted:

my problem is that I don't have a car

alnilam posted:

i don't have ae car op

steal one then we'll talk

GoodbyeTurtles

True and Real posted:

New question. I have a car that is misfiring but drives. I don't have a license because driving is scary to me. How do I fix this.

stay indoors roads are dangerous

Piso Mojado

I drive a truck. Is this the right thread for truck questions as well?

GoodbyeTurtles

ATCG posted:

I drive a truck. Is this the right thread for truck questions as well?

go for it

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

GoodbyeTurtles posted:

buy the cheap one and cut the hole yourself, it's only an old civic.... i think

corolla, yeah. *readies dremel*

thanks, op!

Piso Mojado

Great! My truck is too tall and i can't scrape ice off it very well. This is my problem, please solve.

GoodbyeTurtles

ATCG posted:

Great! My truck is too tall and i can't scrape ice off it very well. This is my problem, please solve.

grow taller &/or longer arms

alnilam

unban polishthunder84's car

pig slut lisa

irl is good

Is this the "before" pic? Can you show us the "after" when the steering wheel was put on the correct side?

GoodbyeTurtles

pig slut lisa posted:

Is this the "before" pic? Can you show us the "after" when the steering wheel was put on the correct side?

:britain:

mailorder bees

FLUFFERNUTTER
my car is on fire. i think it needs an oil change?

thanks Manifisto!

GoodbyeTurtles

mailorder bees! posted:

my car is on fire. i think it needs an oil change?

thats always a good idea, make sure you use the correct oil though!

Diqnol

Do you offer bicycle repairs

alnilam

True and Real posted:

Do you offer bicycle repairs

I do hello

demonR6

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

my car won't start.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. - Einstein

GoodbyeTurtles

demonR6 posted:

my car won't start.

does it click or spin over? do the lights come on the dash?

flipoff

Really, bitch?

I have a minor scratch on my car, think you could take care of this?

GoodbyeTurtles

flipoff posted:

once you get all 4 wheels back on the floor youll find very little wrong with that!

demonR6

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

GoodbyeTurtles posted:

does it click or spin over? do the lights come on the dash?

Neither, it all started last week when I lost my keys.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. - Einstein

mailorder bees

FLUFFERNUTTER

flipoff posted:

it needs to be washed, tho

thanks Manifisto!

GoodbyeTurtles

demonR6 posted:

Neither, it all started last week when I lost my keys.

set it on fire then roll it down a hill

demonR6

flipoff posted:

I saw this stuff for sale on QVC that does wonders restoring cars.

City of Glompton

a squirrel filled the engine compartment of my car full of walnuts. how long do you think it will take me to find all the walnuts?

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

op what's your opinion on a '77 super beetle sporting dual carbs? my little bro and the VW repair/mod guy here got into a shouting match over it lol

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

Bread Set Jettison

my car is not a shark help

also btw I think you posted in my vet thread and btw I had the tires replaced back ones balanced and everything rotated. seems fine but the guy thinks I should get an alignment

GoodbyeTurtles

Chill la Chill posted:

op what's your opinion on a '77 super beetle sporting dual carbs? my little bro and the VW repair/mod guy here got into a shouting match over it lol

imo beetles are bad, driving position sucks and you don't wanna see the crash tests, get a mini

GoodbyeTurtles

Siluvayne posted:

a squirrel filled the engine compartment of my car full of walnuts. how long do you think it will take me to find all the walnuts?

2 days tops, depending on how keen you were

GoodbyeTurtles

Bread Set Jettison posted:

my car is not a shark help

also btw I think you posted in my vet thread and btw I had the tires replaced back ones balanced and everything rotated. seems fine but the guy thinks I should get an alignment

thats good. you'll need an alignment if your car is pulling to one side when you're going straight ahead on a flat road, if not, dont worry about it unless you've just bought a second hand car that feels a bit weird or had an accident where the wheel may have been hit or suspension components may have been damaged

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol

Is it worth it to restore this old firebird

• Locked thread