Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.
We had one at the end of the last tournament, and it helped keep the worst of our favorite sport fresh in our memories.

Feel free to post every douchey act committed by every person tangentially related to the sport. Remember: If they face charges, they are disqualified from the tournament because Ben Reothlisberger frowns upon those who get caught!

Along with your reasoning/articles/etc, if you could post a one sentence summary, of what your douche did, I will try to keep the OP updated with a decent list.

Douche list
Geno Smith: He got sucker punched in the face by teammate IK Enemkpali for dodging a charity event and leaving IK out $600
Aldon Smith: DUI
IK Ememlpali: Sucker punching a teammate over $600
Mike Silva: Twitter Douche
Jameis Winston: HoF consideration
Florida State University: HoF Consideration
Tom Brady: DEFLATEGATE FALLOUT
Darren Rovell: Will inevitably say something awful on twitter
Baylor: Rape shield!
Art Briles:Coach Rape Shield!
Tim Beckman: Covering up injuries for FOOBAW
James Franklin: Sore Loser
Jed York: A terrible owner (RIP 49ers)
Ryan Tannehill: poo poo talking the practice squad that owned him
Victor Cruz: 200 side chicks?
Greg Hardy: Going in guns blazing! (early favorite?)
Fred Jackson and Marshawn Lynch: 2 fast 2 furious
Al Golden: poo poo coach
Ryan Mallett: Missed the plane, now unemployed
Clay Travis: http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/outkick-the-coverage/mizzou-protest-is-total-charade-110915

Ben Has Tiny Weenus fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Nov 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Aldon Smith got arrested for hit-and-run drunk driving again, further destroying his already teetering career.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13394571/aldon-smith-released-san-francisco-49ers

quote:

49ers general manager Trent Baalke met with the player after he left jail, and after Smith refused to take responsibility for being arrested, the team decided to release him, a team source told ESPN's Jim Trotter.

Later on Friday, Santa Clara police released details of Smith's arrest. A call was made at 8:46 p.m. local time Thursday to report a disturbance involving a crash, and responding officers reported that Smith had struck a parked vehicle while parking his own. After the incident, police said, Smith exited his vehicle and caused additional damage to the parked vehicle with his car door.

"Justice will be served, the truth will come out,'' Smith told KTVU Fox 2 as he walked out of jail. "There's no DUI. ... I want everybody to understand the situation that happened could have been handled differently.''

This was his third DUI since 2011. Smith apparently thinks that it's not DUI if they didn't catch you behind the wheel or something.

IK Enemkpali broke Geno Smith's jaw, losing him his job and possibly career, apparently over an alleged $600 debt.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/13416881/geno-smith-new-york-jets-6-10-weeks-broken-jaw

The details are amazing. Somehow Enemkpali managed to spend $600 on a plane ticket so Smith could appear at a fund raiser, and then Smith didn't show because someone "close to him" was killed in a motorcycle accident.

quote:

After Smith did not attend, Enemkpali demanded that the Jets quarterback refund him the $600 he allegedly used to purchase the plane ticket. Smith told Enemkpali he would reimburse him the money, but he had not as of Tuesday morning. Enkempali confronted Smith on Tuesday about the money, and the confrontation ended in a punch and a broken jaw.

Enkempali is not a first-time offender:

quote:

This is not Enemkpali's first brush with off-the-field violence. At 19, while at a bar when he was at college at Louisiana Tech, a fight broke out and he punched an off-duty cop who was working security at the bar. On that night, Enemkpali had to be subdued first with pepper spray and then with a stun gun.

He was arrested and charged with battery on a police officer and disturbing the peace/drunk, according to court records. The charge was amended to simple battery, and he received a suspended jail sentence and was placed on 13 months' probation. He also was ordered to perform 32 hours of community service and to complete an anger-management course.

But vying for honorable mentions for douchebaggery are the head coach, Todd Bowles, and teammate Derrelle Revis, for having this opinion:

quote:

Bowles said he was also upset with Smith regarding the incident with Enemkpali.

"It takes two to tango -- one to throw a punch, but two to tango," Bowles explained.

Cornerback Darrelle Revis agreed with that sentiment, saying, "I hold both of them responsible, just the way it played out."

So it's I guess Geno Smith's fault too, for having a friend die, offering to pay for the ticket, and then getting into an argument and having his jaw by a sucker punch.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

quote:

According to reports (gossip), during the argument with IK, Geno pointed in his face and told IK "You're not going to do anything about it".

A bigger man would have walked away, but I'd probably sock Geno too.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Ben Has Tiny Weenus posted:

Geno Smith: He got sucker punched in the face by teammate IK Enemkpali for dodging a charity event and leaving IK out $600
IK Enemkpali for punching Geno over 600 bucks when he was making 500k this year anyway, and Geno only missed the charity event because he was going to a friend's funeral.

Also this douche:

quote:

https://twitter.com/MikeSilvaMedia
‏@MikeSilvaMedia

By the way.... I am racist but Roc Nation seems to have something missing in its sports clientele. Wonder what that is???

GenHavoc
Jul 19, 2006

Vive L'Empreur!
Vive La Surcouf!
Oh yeah, Mike Silva's gonna be a strong candidate next year.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

effectual posted:

IK Enemkpali for punching Geno over 600 bucks when he was making 500k this year anyway, and Geno only missed the charity event because he was going to a friend's funeral.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Oh yeah, and if we are keeping this similar to last year, remember this is a tracker thread. Nominating rival fanbases isn't for here, unless you have a specific story to go along with it.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I think it's worth nominating Jameis Winston for a hall of fame bid since he's been incredibly douchey since the world has paid attention to him.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.
If we're doing HOF then I nominate Florida State University - from the tournament thread.

Florida State University is a dumb douchey school. The littany of dumb douchey players that have come out of that "fine institution" is countless so I'll hit the highlights:
* Dion Sanders - Played in the 1989 Sugar Bowl after [b]not going to class or taking finals exams in the Fall 88 semester. They had to pass a law to stop it.
* Peter Warrick - scammed a department store out of over $400 in clothing. Got a misdemeanor out of the plea deal.
* Laveranues Coles - Same scam as Warrick, but get got kicked off the team to. Way to be consistent on punishment FSU!

"But but Nystral" you say "none of that happened in the last year!!!!" Fine you evil people we'll talk about Jameis Winston and how the fine institution of Florida State University coddled the guy. This idiot stood in the middle of the student union and yelled "gently caress Her Right In The Pussy" the consequences of what the finest sports journalism outlet of our day termed "a profane and sexually explicit phrase" HALF A loving GAME!!!!!!!!! HALF!!!! It was turned into a full game suspension after he "mislead" (read: lied) to the administration.

Bobby Bowden - that fine and morally centered fuckwit who gave Peter Warrick a two game suspension for stealing $400 in clothing - called Winston an embarrassment. It takes a lot to embarrass good ol Bobby Bowden but I guess "gently caress Her Right In The Pussy" was the tipping point.

gently caress Jameis Winston, gently caress Bobby Bowden, and most of all gently caress FSU!!!!!!

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Thanks for making it easy to track you

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Tom Brady for being a scoundrel.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

GenHavoc posted:

Oh yeah, Mike Silva's gonna be a strong candidate next year.

Nobody knows this dude outside of whatever shithole state he's in, can I nominate random twitter dudes from cali nobody's ever heard of also?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Reserving this space for Darren Rovell's HOF push next year

GenHavoc
Jul 19, 2006

Vive L'Empreur!
Vive La Surcouf!

warcrimes posted:

Nobody knows this dude outside of whatever shithole state he's in, can I nominate random twitter dudes from cali nobody's ever heard of also?

Somehow I heard of him. I'm sorry if his doucheyness gets in the way of your hateboners for Brady or whatnot, but we're nominating people who are doing douchey things, are we not?

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

Baylor University for shielding an accused rapist and directly retaliating against the accuser academically
http://www.texasmonthly.com/article/silence-at-baylor/

quote:

Per testimony from her counselor at Baylor, Cheryl Wooten, Doe was diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder following the encounter. When Doe sought to avoid Ukwuachu on campus, the school didn’t move him out of the classes or tutoring sessions the two shared—instead, she had to adjust her schedule. Eventually, Doe found her own scholarship reduced, and she transferred to another university after the 2013-14 school year, while Ukwuachu graduated in May. (If Ukwuachu is acquitted at trial, he’ll be playing football as a graduate student.)

Oh but of course everything was handled amazingly.

quote:

And we know that, when asked about Ukwuachu by the Waco Tribune-Herald after news of the charges finally broke—more than a year after the initial indictment—Baylor head coach Art Briles told reporters, “I like the way we’ve handled it as a university, an athletic department, and a football program.”

Samuel Ukwuachu was found guilty of second-degree sexual assault. He is expected to be sentenced on August 21st. Following his conviction, Baylor University assistant vice president for media communications sent the following statement:

Acts of sexual violence contradict every value Baylor University upholds as a caring Christian community. In recent years we have joined university efforts nationally to prevent campus violence against women and sexual assault, to actively support survivors of sexual assault with compassion and care, and to take action against perpetrators. We have established and fully staffed a Title IX office that employs a Title IX Coordinator and two full-time investigators. Maintaining a safe and caring community is central to Baylor’s mission and at the heart of our commitment to our students, faculty and staff.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
:siren: Christians love covering up rape :siren:

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

effectual posted:

I've managed to find a copy of the Baylor code of conduct

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

effectual posted:

So did Tallahassee, but this post has made me feel truly enlightened, thank you

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Top Hats Monthly posted:

So did Tallahassee, but this post has made me feel truly enlightened, thank you

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Don't you feel enlightened? I kid.

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Aug 23, 2015

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
What's the rule with convictions? If you're found guilty you can't be entered into the bracket? Or is that just for big name felonies like murder or rape?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Zurreco posted:

What's the rule with convictions? If you're found guilty you can't be entered into the bracket? Or is that just for big name felonies like murder or rape?

It's kind of a case by case basis, but basically anything big like murder or rape is excluded. Scamming a charity out of money, fraud, minor crimes and things of that nature tend to be fair game. I am a proponent of also excluding people who seem to be trying to get help for things like anger issues, substance abuse, etc., but that also seems to be on a case by case basis.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I swear guys Tom Brady is seeing a counselor about his rampant cheating.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.

Zurreco posted:

Conviction means not eligible.

The tournament is really about the douches who slip through the (legal) cracks, as I have decided that there is a difference between douche and (convicted) criminal.

We punish those that the law does not by saying snarky things about them on a semi popular forum.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

NC-17 posted:

I swear guys Tom Brady is seeing a counselor about his rampant cheating.

I'm glad you've maintained a sense of humor through these trying times. :)

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Newly fired Illinois coach Tim Beckman fits the douche bill nicely. He covered up player injuries and continued to play hurt players.

Also Wilson for his snake oil concussion water.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
I want to say any Pittsburgh fan who protested against Vick despite rooting for Roethlisberger but I was the one who rallied against weird nebulous fan groups last thread so I will ask if there has been any public fan we can stick a name to that can be the surrogate for the group

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Febreeze posted:

I want to say any Pittsburgh fan who protested against Vick despite rooting for Roethlisberger but I was the one who rallied against weird nebulous fan groups last thread so I will ask if there has been any public fan we can stick a name to that can be the surrogate for the group

Does my facebook wall count

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

Febreeze posted:

you're in for a treat, i'm nominating the entire steelers franchise for HOF next year

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Febreeze posted:

I have weighed you, I have measured you, and I have found you wanting. I'm nominating you next season as a representative of all "judgy" people.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

SlipUp posted:

A bigger man would have walked away, but I'd probably sock Geno too.

That's the most "What are you gonna do, stab me?" moment I've ever heard.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Rovell update: still douchey.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Chichevache posted:

I have weighed you, I have measured you, and I have found you wanting. I'm nominating you next season as a representative of all "judgy" people.

I accept this honor with great excitement and eagerly wish to vote for myself, as it would be the supreme douche move

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
This is it. This is the year Darren Rovell makes his Hall of Fame push

http://deadspin.com/darren-rovell-says-racism-is-okay-if-the-market-approve-1727599967

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Febreeze posted:

I accept this honor with great excitement and eagerly wish to vote for myself, as it would be the supreme douche move

To make it extra douchey you have to vote yourself first then scoff at everyone else because you did it before it was cool.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

I submit Penn State Head Coach James Franklin, who can neither coach nor take losing well, invoking deflated balls for his team giving up 10 sacks.

He has a track record with rape, demanding his coaches have hot wives, and also not interviewing former colleagues, stating "I've already interviewed you."

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Why would James Franklin have his own team's balls inspected? College teams bring their own balls for when they're on offense. Franklin's a dick, yeah, but I don't think I buy him being the one asking for their inspection.

E: Plus that wasn't even 5 minutes into the game. I get the feeling that was more Rhule asking for the inspection to gently caress with Penn State.

DJExile fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Sep 8, 2015

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Benne posted:

This is it. This is the year Darren Rovell makes his Hall of Fame push

http://deadspin.com/darren-rovell-says-racism-is-okay-if-the-market-approve-1727599967

Rovell should have won this past year

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Pron on VHS posted:

Rovell should have won this past year

I don't get it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
its a feel good story about Petrino being nice to his gay son (low bar I guess), he's still a douche

• Locked thread