Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx
Hey Yospos. It is me, Peanut and the Gang. I wanted to talk to you a little bit about San Francisco.

I wanna travel a bit, and I'm thinking SanFran would be a great area to visit since I've only been on the east coast all my life. I'm thinking maybe a week or two total, probably end of September or mid-October. Since half of Yospos lives in the bay area, I'm wondering if you could give some advice as to what would be suitable for a tourist to check out and enjoy (It'll probably be just me going). And maybe what are some good hacker houses to live in because they're the cheapest lodging, clocking in at a reasonable $1000 a day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

stay at the airport ramada, buy a case of it's-its and stay in your room eating them while you watch "check please bay area"

black pete
Mar 24, 2015

DON'T MIND ME!

I'LL MAKE JOKES ABOUT RAPE.
i want to travel hurr *drives down the road to san francisco bay area*

pram
Jun 10, 2001
maybe talk to local hacker house magnate shadowhawk

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

everything worth doing in san francisco has at least a two hour line so find things with the longest lines and stand in them [actually eating or drinking at these places is optional]

pram
Jun 10, 2001
maybe hang out with qirex. u guys can go to the nike store and scoff at the ugly shoes

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx

qirex posted:

stay at the airport ramada, buy a case of it's-its and stay in your room eating them while you watch "check please bay area"

That's not adventurous at all!

black pete posted:

i want to travel hurr *drives down the road to san francisco bay area*

It's a 42 hour drive from my house to the 'cisco.

pram posted:

maybe talk to local hacker house magnate shadowhawk

ShadowHawk's guidance will be vital to my success on this trip.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

pram posted:

maybe hang out with qirex. u guys can go to the nike store and scoff at the ugly shoes
no that's a qirex time activity

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx

qirex posted:

everything worth doing in san francisco has at least a two hour line so find things with the longest lines and stand in them [actually eating or drinking at these places is optional]

I'll also be there in the middle of the day so hopefully the lines will only be a mere 1hr 59mins.

pram posted:

Gotta up my shoe game before then. Right now I'm primed with teepublic comedy t-shirt with flannel and skinny jeans. But shoes and socks - I just don't know yet.

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
take a leisurely stroll through the tenderloin or up mission street and talk to the friendly locals

black pete
Mar 24, 2015

DON'T MIND ME!

I'LL MAKE JOKES ABOUT RAPE.

Peanut and the Gang posted:

It's a 42 hour drive from my house to the 'cisco.

Oh wow, you really are broadening your horizons Columbus.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
yeah stop by noisebridge lol

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Gotta up my shoe game before then. Right now I'm primed with teepublic comedy t-shirt with flannel and skinny jeans. But shoes and socks - I just don't know yet.
ok here's good shoe stores: undefeated, the darkside initiative, shoe biz, DLX, FTC, bows and arrows, benny gold, kith, the hundreds, 510

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

also remember ABDF: Always Be Drinking Fernet

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx

Dr. Honked posted:

take a leisurely stroll through the tenderloin or up mission street and talk to the friendly locals

Why would I ever want to walk through my tenderloin dinner!

black pete posted:

Oh wow, you really are broadening your horizons Columbus.

My brother works at Cisco, not to be confused with San Francisco, which is a 42 hour distance away by automobile. That would be the suckiest commute.

qirex posted:

ok here's good shoe stores: undefeated, the darkside initiative, shoe biz, DLX, FTC, bows and arrows, benny gold, kith, the hundreds, 510

Thank you. I will buy some shoes in preparation.

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Why would I ever want to walk through my tenderloin dinner!

why would you ever want to punch yourself in the peehole? because i told you to, that's why

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx

Dr. Honked posted:

why would you ever want to punch yourself in the peehole? because i told you to, that's why

Ok. I will walk through the tenderloin and go on a mission through mission street, as I converse with the friendly locals.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
whatever you do, you've GOT to check out fishermans wharf!

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Ok. I will walk through the tenderloin and go on a mission through mission street, as I converse with the friendly locals.

no. just punch yourself in the peehole

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

whatever you do, you've GOT to check out fishermans wharf!

Idk if this is a joke answer. It looks like a place that sells crabs, so I'm guessing it's the rotor hotspot.

Dr. Honked posted:

no. just punch yourself in the peehole

I'll punch u in the peehole!

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx
SA is loading slow and it's making it hard for me to check for updates in this thread. Someone from Yospos should help fix the servers so that I may F5 with ease and satisfaction.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Idk if this is a joke answer. It looks like a place that sells crabs, so I'm guessing it's the rotor hotspot.

it's a tourist trap.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

your gay. and your posting is bad. suck my dilz

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
the wharf wth the seals

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
the wharf wth the seals

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
that road that curves a lot

the bob saget full house house

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
remember the scenes from
dumb
and dumber that were set in aspen? they were filmed in San Fran

pram
Jun 10, 2001
its dungeness crab season in the bay area bitch

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
do any of the desalinization plants being built give tours?

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
you can take a Segway tour of golden gate park. after your tour you can get a bj from a friendly local assuming you carry cash.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
don't forget to bring your swimsuit for those California beaches you've always heard about

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
imo the exploratorium legit owns

my homie dhall
Dec 9, 2010

honey, oh please, it's just a machine
get a sandwich from ikes.

George posted:

the exploratorium legit owns

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

i believe its actually called 'frisco

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Ploft-shell crab posted:

do this if you want food poisoning

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx

George posted:

imo the exploratorium legit owns

Ploft-shell crab posted:

The Management posted:

do this if you want food poisoning

Will do. Added to list.

lord of the files
Sep 4, 2012

in attempt to be useful after scrolling through hoards of useless information, here is my list that can help you see cool poo poo:

1) go to mount diablo, the view is incredible and not many people hang out up there. you can also try twin peaks if you have the time.
2) you can check out golden gate park. if you like frisbee golf, or have friends that enjoy frisbee golf, they have a course there.
3) check out alameda beaches. they're pretty nice to see the san francisco cityline without the san francisco bustle.
4) go to haight and ashbury. got some really weird and neat poo poo there.
5) there's union square, the japanese tea garden, and south of market street which is a pretty cool walk.
6) in terms of nightlife, just yelp it.

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

check out the nightlife in the tenderloin

taco_fox
Dec 14, 2005

the road out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

power botton posted:

check out the nightlife in the tenderloin

actually the tenderloin and the lovely part of soma are the last neighborhoods capable of sustaining nightclubs

• Locked thread