Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
checked a speedrun and apparently i missed some mudokons in the entrance to scrabania, a place that is no longer accessible

why do i do this to myself

bitch or gloat about 100% completion in this, the 100% completion thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
I just platinum'd FFX HD on ps4. Worst gaming decision ever made.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Crimson Harvest posted:

I just platinum'd FFX HD on ps4. Worst gaming decision ever made.

is that the one with the thunder dodging minigame

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i don't think i've 100%'d too many games in the last decade but hats off to the men and women who do

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

i don't think i've 100%'d too many games in the last decade but hats off to the men and women who do

isaac platinum was a bitch to get godhead to spawn

----------------

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The only game I remember 100%ing was Kingdom Hearts.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Oh and NES Remix.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

ArfJason posted:

is that the one with the thunder dodging minigame

Yep. That one only took about 5 minutes tho.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

did this but with kh2

also platinum'd demons souls. never again

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IygRvbKPRD0

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Wormskull posted:

The only game I've 100%'d is Kingdom Hearts 2.

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE
I've never gotten 100% on any game because I'm an idiot with the attention span of a goldfish

e: except saints row 3 and 4

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
I did FF7 on steam last month.

What I did NOT realize, is that to get the master every materia achievement, you have to have one of every mastered materia in your inventory at the same time, you can't say... combine them into Master Summon *stares at steam achievement designer really hard*

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
What is 100% anyway? Because I might have 100%:ed FF8 back when it was released if you count 100% doing all sidequests, getting max level/equip/magics and killing everything. I did not get 100 of every item because I am not actually insane.

I have 100%:ed Metroid Prime 1, 2 & 3 as well.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

oh, i 100%'d every metroid except metroid 1 and 2, got all the exits in smw as a kid, donkey kong country 1-2-3, guacamelee, prob a few others out there. but those are short games

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Metroid Prime 1. I think that's it.

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

Super Mario 64.

But otherwise I don't have the time (and more importantly the attention span) for that poo poo.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

metricchip posted:

Super Mario 64.

yeah i got all stars in that and all gold medals in sf64

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

Foxhound posted:

What is 100% anyway? Because I might have 100%:ed FF8 back when it was released if you count 100% doing all sidequests, getting max level/equip/magics and killing everything. I did not get 100 of every item because I am not actually insane.

I have 100%:ed Metroid Prime 1, 2 & 3 as well.

as far as I'm concerned it's getting 100% on games that give you a completion percentage or getting all trophies

im hardly an authority in the field of gaming completionism however

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's when the game tells you you've done it. In the case of Kingdom Hearts it's when you unlock the secret cutscene.

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

Wormskull posted:

It's when the game tells you you've done it. In the case of Kingdom Hearts it's when you unlock the secret cutscene.

i got the secret ending but i never beat sephiroth

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I thought there was a double secret ending if you beat Sephiroth.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
the only game I've ever bothered to get all the achievements for was Bloodborne a few months back. That'll prolly change now with MGSV though.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

I 100%ed the mad max game

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

holy scrap

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I got 100% in MGSV a couple of days ago, along with all codenames, FOB struts and even all the Mother Base diamonds (which were easier to find then I thought since they seem to reuse the same places on similar secondary struts)... I'm trying to think of anything besides FOB stuff I could potentially complete and the only possible thing I can think of is maybe trying to find all the plant nodes? I don't think I'll do that.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I 100% xenoblade chronicles and it was a pain in the hiney to do so

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

I 100% xenoblade chronicles and it was a pain in the hiney to do so

was it worth it?

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i got 100% on a few games as a wee child but as an adult i can remember getting almost 100% on super meat boy on the 360 and then a patch corrupted my save..

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I can 100% Super Mario World any day of the week.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Wormskull posted:

I thought there was a double secret ending if you beat Sephiroth.

Yeah there was... it was riku doing something or other for 3 seconds as a teaser for kh2 I think

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

i got 100% on a few games as a wee child but as an adult i can remember getting almost 100% on super meat boy on the 360 and then a patch corrupted my save..

controversial opinion: getting 100% on super meat boy isnt hard, and when i noticed my save didnt get uploaded on a different pc, i did it all over again over a weekend

----------------

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I think the only game I've ever actually 100%ed is getting 96 exits on Super Mario World, and I've done it several times

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Pablo Gigante posted:

I think the only game I've ever actually 100%ed is getting 96 exits on Super Mario World, and I've done it several times

Heck yeah gamer

Crop_Top_9000
Jun 20, 2014
I got 100% in Vice City thinking "hell yeah, now I'll have unlimited ammo" and then proceeded to never play Vice City again.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

Yeah there was... it was riku doing something or other for 3 seconds as a teaser for kh2 I think

Then my point stands.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

ArfJason posted:

controversial opinion: getting 100% on super meat boy isnt hard, and when i noticed my save didnt get uploaded on a different pc, i did it all over again over a weekend

im sure its the time investment rather than any skill requirement stopping me doing it again

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

id rather be at the gym

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

100% in games like that are hard for me since I spend enough time on every level to make sure I was as high on the leaderboard as I felt I could be at that time. That's why I only bothered to ace every Lovely Planet level but didn't feel like looking for the secret things in it so I don't say I 100%ed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I 100% Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward.

• Locked thread