Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

:siren: Welcome to Cube Mafia! :siren:

This is a game of mafia that is based off the movie "Cube." The normal rules of Mafia apply, but there is an added win condition in that the town can escape the Cube.

Standard Mafia Rules

Cube Mafia Rules

No editing your posts.
No talking OOT unless you are able to do so.
Don't post your role PM.
Don't spectator-post.
Don't post after hammers or daykills.
Don't post after dying.
Don't encrypt your posts, make Toxx clauses, or play Truth or Dare.
Don't fake day actions.

In this game there will be 6 directions that the town can take at any one time. North and South are arbitrary, and the town will secretly decide a standard to use before the beginning of each day, determined by me. Each direction will have its own section to look at with a lot going on. Example:

code:
The door to the North has a panel on it that has the picture of Admiral Ackbar on it.
There are 9 numbers above the panel, arranged in groups of 3's, that read 123 456 789.
Inside the room is Big Bird from Sesame Street, and he is waving at you
There are 6 exits with a panel under each door. The 6 panels in the room all relate to each other and form a "puzzle." The puzzles will get harder as the game progresses. The scum know which rooms are safe, which rooms are trapped, and which room brings you closer to the light of day. There may or may not be roles that influence the panels and rooms.

As for the puzzles, there will be three "groups". One of the panels will display the TRUE Path. Several of the panels will hold the SAFE Path. And the rest will be trapped. The TRUE and SAFE panels are related, somehow. It is up to you to figure out which rooms are safe and which rooms are trapped.

Everyday, you will all vote on who you would like to throw into a room. You may make a vote by using the command ##vote: Player Name Goes Here: Direction you would like to throw them. You may also ##unvote at any time and change your vote accordingly. You only have one vote per person. When a player has reached votes from half the remaining players, they will be chucked into a room. If it's safe then they will not die. If it's trapped, they will be immediately killed and cardflipped. At that time the day will end and we will enter twilight. You will have one hour to vote on which direction the town would like to travel. SOMEONE HAS TO HAVE HAD GONE INTO THAT ROOM AT SOME POINT. After a tally of the votes, the simple majority will win and the town will move. If the majority was a trapped room, the town will not move. If the room moved into was a safe room, then the town will not have moved closer to escape. If the room was the TRUE room, then you will be one day closer to victory.

At any time, a player may ##move into any room. You may move as many times as you like. AGAIN, a player must have moved into a room you wish the town to move to in order to advance the escape route. If you make this command, please give me a heads up before doing anything stupid so that I may be present for your action. I'm not always around.

Also, if the town so desires, they may throw shoes into rooms to test for traps. Between the 25 of you, ONLY 5 OF YOU BROUGHT ONE SHOE. Ya'll dumb. You may throw shoes by having half the town votes on throwing a shoe with the command ##Throw Shoe: Direction you would like shoe to travel. One use of a shoe consumes it. When you run out of shoes, you're out of shoes.

The town wins when they either escape or have killed all the scum. The scum wins when they have a majority of the town.

I reserve the right to modkill lurkers or anyone that doesn't submit night actions at my leisure. This is not a lurker friendly game

Remaining Players
1. gamerofthegame
2. MEDS CURE SCHIZOS
3. yuming
4. Hiipfire
5. Asiina
6. PBS Newshour
7. Epsilon Plus
8. Puntification
9. King Burgundy
10. Hal Incandenza
11. Trasson
12. Atoramos
13. Little Mac
14. Rarity
15. kaschei
16. Power of Pecota
17. Byers1241
18. AnonymousNarcotics
19. Lord of Hats
20. chaoslord
21. tithin
22. bowmore
23. katipo
24. King of Bleh
25. Harold Krell

Khris Kruel fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Feb 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
seems cool even tho it's a big game and that has proven to be bad

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

I'm confident you'll all suicide quickly enough to wittle it down

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

I've been waiting goddamn years for this game.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I want to play!

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
sure

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I didn't read the OP but I'll sign up and promise to read it later.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Asiina posted:

I didn't read the OP but I'll sign up and promise to read it later.

it's not important, don't worry

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Okay I'll never read it then.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
This is a similar idea to my game that will go soon (although this soldiers game is going ridic long so I might not post it until march because lol @ travelling and hosting)

I'm in.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
your game Sounds Good and I will Play It

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
I loving loved the cube, I will play your game even though I hate mafia nowadays.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Puntification posted:

I loving loved the cube, I will play your game even though I hate mafia nowadays.

Implying you never hated mafia

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Kashuno posted:

Implying you never hated mafia

I really liked mafia for like the first 20 games or so. Discovering my win ratio increases when I make zero effort has ruined me as a player though.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Puntification posted:

I really liked mafia for like the first 20 games or so. Discovering my win ratio increases when I make zero effort has ruined me as a player though.

its about the journey bra, not the winrate

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Puntification posted:

I go back and forth. I put in effort when I feel like and don't when I don't.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Sure, interesting concept, I'll try it.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kashuno posted:

I go back and forth. I put in effort when I feel like and don't when I don't.

I'm leaning strongly away from effort since it is very rarely rewarded.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I always give 110%

(when town)

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Khris Kruel posted:

its about the journey bra, not the winrate

The winrate isn't important in itself but feeling like the effort is worth it is. I'ma try play a high effort game for this one though, concept's too interesting to half rear end.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
yeah great whatever good for you

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I will join this game on the assumption I will see Asiina die in a horrible way

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
ahhh to be an edgy teenage nihilist again. Promising pizza to people and never delivering.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Hal Incandenza posted:

I will join this game on the assumption I will see Asiina die in a horrible way

the last time I ran this game someone jumped into a room that had a clown in it. His theory was that there was no way KK would put an evil clown in the game.

It didn't end well for him

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
can we reuse shoes thrown into safe rooms btw?

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011
Sure, this seems interesting, if you'll have me.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Puntification posted:

can we reuse shoes thrown into safe rooms btw?

nope, it's destroyed. You will have 5 shoes total for the entire game

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST
gently caress. I love puzzle games.

I'm not sure I can play two games of mafia at once though :(

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

TheCog posted:

gently caress. I love puzzle games.

I'm not sure I can play two games of mafia at once though :(

you can...besides there will be plenty of time to catch up, it's not gonna be a fast game

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

Khris Kruel posted:

you can...besides there will be plenty of time to catch up, it's not gonna be a fast game

Its more of a matter of "do I have the time" than "is it allowed".

But I really like puzzle games, so I'll bite, sign me up!

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

halfway to this game starting.

Tell yo friends, tell yo wives

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Me me

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
This looks like a game for squares :smug:

I'm a square

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Rarity you are so two dimensional

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

after this game you'll be HYPER-cube

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Warning: Game may reward autism

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Warning: danger zone

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

Have to drop out from playing this game for the time being unfortunately

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

I'm a fan of Cube and I'm a fan of Mafia, I'll play this game. Hypercube and Cube Zero were totally cool you guys

Question: The OP states of the three panels, one will lead to the true path. But it suggests there are three panels above each door. Does that mean each direction will have three panels to discuss?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Atoramos posted:

I'm a fan of Cube and I'm a fan of Mafia, I'll play this game. Hypercube and Cube Zero were totally cool you guys

Question: The OP states of the three panels, one will lead to the true path. But it suggests there are three panels above each door. Does that mean each direction will have three panels to discuss?

There are 6 doors, each with 1 panel. Only one of the doors is the TRUE path, the other 5 are just safe or trapped.

• Locked thread