Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
it is established yospos lore that Pittsburgh is the best city in these great United States. one issue though. it doesn't have its own os. Seattle has Windows. Cupertino has OS X. a literal shithole has Ubuntu. yet Pittsburgh is left out of this fun.

i think we, the intelligent and bright, minds of yospos should correct this failure. just throwing out some ideas on possible features:

t-based data transfer. sure you bits might commingle with the wrong sorts of other bits but it will get where it's supposed to go

hundreds of partitions: your data is completely secure. the OS will randomly divide it into small partitions that will use processor without feeding back into the greater system

once we have some more ideas I'll start the wiki. open for any more suggestions and coding help. I'm really more of an ideas and money man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

The Steelr OS is based on the concept of security rings. Six of them. Kiss them, bitch.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Citizen Tayne posted:

The Steelr OS is based on the concept of security rings. Six of them. Kiss them, bitch.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

born on a buy you posted:

it is established yospos lore that Pittsburgh is the best city in these great United States. one issue though. it doesn't have its own os. Seattle has Windows. Cupertino has OS X. a literal shithole has Ubuntu. yet Pittsburgh is left out of this fun.

i think we, the intelligent and bright, minds of yospos should correct this failure. just throwing out some ideas on possible features:

t-based data transfer. sure you bits might commingle with the wrong sorts of other bits but it will get where it's supposed to go

hundreds of partitions: your data is completely secure. the OS will randomly divide it into small partitions that will use processor without feeding back into the greater system

once we have some more ideas I'll start the wiki. open for any more suggestions and coding help. I'm really more of an ideas and money man.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

*kisses the rings.*

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

something about bridges. i'm not a networking guy. coleslaw on a sandwich, fries on a salad.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
lmao

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
the file system will obviously be fat32 as it accurately describes the citizens and the average bmi

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
name the install script anthro.com

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

the file system will obviously be fat32 as it accurately describes the citizens and the average bmi

lmao

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
when I saw this thread, I remembered something called "SkyOS" exists

i'm downloading it now

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
user levels are yinzer, garfielder, and pirate. yinzer is obv the admin level account. you can know the os like the back of your hand and can abuse it like rothlesburger abuses women. garfielders don't get access to the t data transfer, but can use resources from other steelr computers without paying for it. pirate level always seems liek this is the year they'll be able to do things but then collapse during the late summer

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Citizen Tayne posted:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
instead of Siri its got Sebak

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
if you swipe down on the notification center on the hour it plays an audio clip, "It's Five O Clock Somewhere Am I Right!!"

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

graph posted:

Myron cope

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

"da tempature for da stillers game will be twenny two dagrees DOUBLE YOI!"

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

My operating system has the steepest hill in the country

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

i'll write the broncOS virus

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

RIP

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

graph posted:

shut up and take my freaking money. i'm throwing my wallet at the screen, but rick sebak isn't giving me directions to the donut place.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
nah instead of siri it's terry. "hey terry" and instead of "how can i help you?" it rambles for ten minutes about quarterbacking before they put dresses on the players

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

user levels are yinzer, garfielder, and pirate. yinzer is obv the admin level account. you can know the os like the back of your hand and can abuse it like rothlesburger abuses women. garfielders don't get access to the t data transfer, but can use resources from other steelr computers without paying for it. pirate level always seems liek this is the year they'll be able to do things but then collapse during the late summer

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

PokeJoe posted:

My operating system has the steepest hill in the country

Apr 7, 2003

Any attempt to rename "pop.exe" to "soda.exe" crashes the OS and revokes all user permissions.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
This OS has the most comprehensive Heathcare App available.

Apr 7, 2003

Tunneling is a built-in feature, but long-time users of the OS don't like to use it much.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
instead of a fortune cookie for an account avatar it's a pierogie

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Citizen Tayne posted:

Tunneling is a built-in feature,

hehhhhh

Apr 7, 2003

Instead of a file, browser cookies are stored in a table

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Citizen Tayne posted:

Instead of a file, browser cookies are stored in a table

👀

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
okay so we have a solid framework to start off of, but we need some design and logos. i made this first revision playing off the s motif. maybe it should be black and yellow?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

whoa dude tell me how you made that

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

okay so we have a solid framework to start off of, but we need some design and logos. i made this first revision playing off the s motif. maybe it should be black and yellow?

needs a terrible towel background imo

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
the killer game app will be a port of rust

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
i got a designer on to make a new version of my mock up. thoughts?

yippee cahier
Mar 28, 2005

whoaaa that's cool, it's like an infinity symbol

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

graph posted:

instead of a fortune cookie for an account avatar it's a pierogie

better be cheese maybe potato if youre a guest user

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

when i was a kid we drew these all the time. iirc someone made up a rumor that the S was for satan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

more interesting than nascar, but it seems very narrow under the bridge

• Locked thread