Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
hello and welcome to the first apple event in over 6 months. did you have a nice christmas? happy new year! it looks like apples new year resolution was to honor savior of computing who died for our sins steve jobs because theyre making the best versions ever of the products he loved the most:

- an iphone for donald trump-sized hands
- the the new ipad
- apple watch bands
- mobileme

:siren: if youre in europe the keynote is at 6pm cet, 5pm london because the us is already on daylight savings :siren:

the iphone se is rumored to have most but not all of the 6s features. mark gurman says it will look like a 5s while others say it will look like a 6. mark gurman is the 9to5mac guy i had to look up his name. i never read his site i prefer apple inside her but they never get any scoops

the ipad should be an ipad pro mini but hopefully they will not call it that out loud. that means you will be able to draw on it and attach bad keyboards to it using magnets because people dont understand that bluetooth exists or what it does and we must keep it a secret

the watch bands include a black milanese loop for people who have bad taste and nato-style bands for guys who wanna feel like theyre jack bauer

ios 9.3 will probably be mentioned. it includes a mode where you can simulate what it would look like if a person with kidney issues urinated inside your phone. this is supposed to be good for your eyes, claims an idiot

-an idiot

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001
nice long post mate, shame is sumfin were to read it innit

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
hopefully this will be the keynote where tim discusses why the iwatch was a bad idea and announces that it has been discontinued, along with the ipad mini, maxi and phones larger than the se

i'd even take no discussion of the failing iwatch while they quietly remove it along with the ipad mini/maxi from the apple store

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Smythe is going to smite you for this

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009
more like crapple :smugbert:

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]

Oh Don Piano posted:

more like crapple :smugbert:

lmao

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

i will buy an iphone 5se if it is smaller than my work 6s and just pop the work sim in it

CUNT AND PASTE
Aug 15, 2004

~see my amazon wishlistu~
my 4s poo poo the bed so i have a non-plus 6 now and its fine but i eventually want the 4/5 body style back

CUNT AND PASTE
Aug 15, 2004

~see my amazon wishlistu~
if you're going to get a giant android you might as well get the best one and thats a 6

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

oval office AND PASTE posted:

my 4s poo poo the bed so i have a non-plus 6 now and its fine but i eventually want the 4/5 body style back

I just want a phone I can fit in my reasonably sized pockets and my 5S is about as large as I'd like

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

the watch is bad and i sold mine a little while back. it took forever to sell for a reasonable price because no one wanted the loving thing

if the SE is reasonably priced i'll probably sell my 6 for hopefully most of the SE's full cost and upgrade

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
can't they make ah upgrade kit for the 4s

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

triple sulk posted:

the watch is bad and i sold mine a little while back. it took forever to sell for a reasonable price because no one wanted the loving thing

if the SE is reasonably priced i'll probably sell my 6 for hopefully most of the SE's full cost and upgrade

looks like we got ourselves a regular jerk mcjerkface here

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
also ground floor. iPhone 5 form factor was the best so I'm really hoping it's this even though I'm happy with my 6s (success) and not planning on getting a new phone yet

Apr 7, 2003

The Management posted:

also ground floor. iPhone 5 form factor was the best so I'm really hoping it's this even though I'm happy with my 6s (success) and not planning on getting a new phone yet

I preferred the 4/4S form factor but we're never going to see a phone that size again.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
the iPhone se: scrub edition

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
"look! my iPhone model matches my cheap rear end Honda Civic!"

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

triple sulk posted:

yeah you gotta scratch that impulsive buyer itch i understand

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

My Linux Rig posted:

yeah you gotta scratch that impulsive buyer itch i understand

lol brutal

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

The Management posted:

i wish he would come back and talk about selling telephones or gameboys or whatever at a loss for profit

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

are they really gonna remove the headphone jack

am i really going to end up buying a goddamn $30 lightning to headphone adapter

the only prediction im willing to make is that apple is going to do at least one thing to further besmirch the "professional" market. exceptionally underwhelming macbook pro update?

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
what time is the keynote in est (east coast beast coast)

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

obstipator posted:

if that were true, you'd already know

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

obstipator posted:

19 hours from now

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror
i'm really excited that they're gonna make a phone in a good size again but if they seriously didn't put a headphone jack on it then it's all a fakeout and the iphone 5s was the last good phone apple ever made

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i really like my iphone 5 and it gets the gd job done

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
i use bluetooth headphones

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

mobileme

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i'm extremely looking forward to replacing my 2012 rmbp one day

Apr 7, 2003

looks french

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

The Management posted:

i'll bite, but i've only ever upgraded on the non-s cycle so i've had this phone since release, same as the 5 i had before it. the 6 is a good phone and all but the 5 was my favorite form factor and really durable too so i'm glad they're making it.

Apr 7, 2003

triple sulk posted:

i'll bite, but i've only ever upgraded on the non-s cycle so i've had this phone since release, same as the 5 i had before it. the 6 is a good phone and all but the 5 was my favorite form factor and really durable too so i'm glad they're making it.

My 5S was bought on release day and looks pristine. My wife has a 5 bought on release day and it's pristine too. Bombass phones.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Small phones are cool and good, i already have an ipad and that's why i bought a sony xperia z5c, the thinking mans choice

Apr 7, 2003

I was one of the dudes who hated the idea of the iphone 5 when it was announced and now I think it's probably the best cellphone ever. odd how that works

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
my pre3 is a bit small but nice and the hardware kb excels
my iphone5 is perfect
my lumina 640 is a bit large and does ok i guess for a garbage winpho

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
timcook walks out on stage. "The SE stands for 'System Expansion'," he says, unprompted. "We're introducing iModules. LG can suck it," he finishes, and leaves

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Jonny 290 posted:

my pre3 is a bit small but nice and the hardware kb excels
my iphone5 is perfect
my lumina 640 is a bit large and does ok i guess for a garbage winpho

shoulda just got a startac smdh

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
sticky'ing this for tomorrow

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

atomicthumbs posted:

timcook walks out on stage. "The SE stands for 'System Expansion'," he says, unprompted. "We're introducing iModules. LG can suck it," he finishes, and leaves

stock price falls to 0

Verge desperately try to spin this as "good for Apple"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord
ground floor for a dumb megathread i won't read

• Locked thread