Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
This is also going to occur.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RedQueen
Apr 21, 2007

It takes all the running you can do just to stay in the same place.
How will RI turnout be affected by the recent ISIS neighborhood threat?

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx
Let's watch and see if the dank meme candidate can stay alive.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

RedQueen posted:

How will RI turnout be affected by the recent ISIS neighborhood threat?

typical clinton politics to scare the 24 million young voters who were going to turn out for the rhode island primary

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
Hillary is going to win all five states, it will be close in RI but not as close as Sanders' die-hards would like to believe in CT. Also, every single person will be given a provisional ballot that has the Hillary bubble already filled in for convenience.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Wow that IS convenient!

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

crabcakes66 posted:

Let's watch and see if the dank meme candidate can stay alive.

:sad:

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
choose your own adventure!

will hillary:

1. win a shitload of delegates
2. win a moderately large number of delegates

?????

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Hillary bad

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

mike12345 posted:

Hillary bad

counterpoint

hillary good

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Hillary inevitable

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Hillary inevitable

like galactus

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

Oh my God what the fuck am I?
How many states will Hillary steal from the much more accurate exit poll results today?

Notable Dom X
Apr 3, 2011

by exmarx
Buglord
I'm about to go to the gym and then I'll cast my pa vote for Bernie. Then maybe I'll play some rogue galaxy? The day is full of possibilities friends. Besides Bernie winning that is. How many more must die to satisfy her bloodlust?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
The first good thing to occur in this election- my polling place in two buildings down from where I live, and on the way to my car to boot :toot: A Hillary campaign outpost opened up on my block a couple weeks ago and took up all of the good parking, so I know how I'm voting!

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Here's hoping today is the day that finally convinces Bernie to drop out.

It'd make it a great day, a day we should celebrate for the rest of our lives.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

axeil posted:

Here's hoping today is the day that finally convinces Bernie to drop out.

It'd make it a great day, a day we should celebrate for the rest of our lives.

BouncingBuckyBalls
Feb 15, 2011
I don't get people saying Bernie should drop out. He is in it until California at least. He still has support from people and if he is gone they are either not voting Clinton or voting Trump.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
Predictions for today:
RI: +6 Sanders
CT: +2 Clinton
PA: +6 Clinton
DE: +18 Clinton
MD: +20 Clinton

Bernie won't drop out, but he is going to seriously wear out his welcome.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

BouncingBuckyBalls posted:

I don't get people saying Bernie should drop out. He is in it until California at least. He still has support from people and if he is gone they are either not voting Clinton or voting Trump.

he should drop out because if today goes like it should he'll need something like 80% of the remaining vote to win and :lol: if you think that's remotely plausible.

there's dignity in realizing you lost and bowing out.

huge pile of hamburger
Nov 4, 2009
BERNIE

B B
Dec 1, 2005

Did Bernie drop out yet?

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
Will Clinton get to the magic number today?

Also, is the platform committee at the convention able to issue a minority report?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Notable Dom X posted:

I'm about to go to the gym and then I'll cast my pa vote for Bernie. Then maybe I'll play some rogue galaxy? The day is full of possibilities friends. Besides Bernie winning that is. How many more must die to satisfy her bloodlust?

All, they all must burn to atone for 2008. The nation's rivers will run red with blood of the nonbelievers.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

TyrantWD posted:

Predictions for today:
RI: +6 Sanders
CT: +2 Clinton
PA: +6 Clinton
DE: +18 Clinton
MD: +20 Clinton

Bernie won't drop out, but he is going to seriously wear out his welcome.

I think the only way Bernie actually drops out is if he gets swept today, anything short of that and I think he'll stay in (at least hopefully shifting back to policy/message talk and less on the attacking side).

So I'm hoping for a sweep. I want this to be over with so we can get all of our ducks in a row for the general.

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
My polling location is a block from my house. Gonna be sad when we move.

I was looking up info on candidates for the other primaries taking place and some of them had terrible websites that gave no info at all about the platform the candidate was running on. I wonder how much money some of them spent on lovely websites.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Did you guys all reactivate your Hillary multi-vote apps?

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010

Ouhei posted:

I think the only way Bernie actually drops out is if he gets swept today, anything short of that and I think he'll stay in (at least hopefully shifting back to policy/message talk and less on the attacking side).

So I'm hoping for a sweep. I want this to be over with so we can get all of our ducks in a row for the general.

I don't think he will drop out even if he loses every state by 20 points. He will drop out after California, even though there is still one more primary left the next week, but in the process he will solidify some of his Bernie or Bust voters and drive the Democrats to the right, rather than pull them to the left like he initially intended.

Regardless of how far his campaign came, and how much money they raised, Hillary will be more of a center-right candidate than she would have been without him entering the race, and he will only have himself to blame.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Yeah that makes zero sense

Bloody Queef
Mar 23, 2012

by zen death robot

TyrantWD posted:

I don't think he will drop out even if he loses every state by 20 points. He will drop out after California, even though there is still one more primary left the next week, but in the process he will solidify some of his Bernie or Bust voters and drive the Democrats to the right, rather than pull them to the left like he initially intended.

Regardless of how far his campaign came, and how much money they raised, Hillary will be more of a center-right candidate than she would have been without him entering the race, and he will only have himself to blame.

Nice Meltdown.

Seriously how do you think this is true? She's come a little to the left on several positions in the primary. Do you think she'll both go back to where she was in September and then go further right?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010

Goetta posted:

Yeah that makes zero sense

You think having progressives say "We will never vote you no matter what you say" is success? When you have Republicans taking a more rational view to whether they could support her in the general election against Trump, which way do you think she will go? Bernie will receive some token gestures at the convention, but the lesson to the establishment has been - don't listen to the progressives because they can't be relied upon.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

weekly font posted:

Did you guys all reactivate your Hillary multi-vote apps?

mine has been active since iowa, you guys are late to the game

i'm already ranked #26 on the east coast, i'm already qualified for one free pardon from president hillary :smug:

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

TyrantWD posted:

You think having progressives say "We will never vote you no matter what you say" is success? When you have Republicans taking a more rational view to whether they could support her in the general election against Trump, which way do you think she will go? Bernie will receive some token gestures at the convention, but the lesson to the establishment has been - don't listen to the progressives because they can't be relied upon.

Preemptively blaming Sanders for Clinton inevitably running to the middle is hilarious

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010

Bloody Queef posted:

Nice Meltdown.

Seriously how do you think this is true? She's come a little to the left on several positions in the primary. Do you think she'll both go back to where she was in September and then go further right?

Absolutely. If any measurable portion of the Bernie voters can't be won over, but there are Republicans who can be, do you think she is going to reach out to?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

TyrantWD posted:

Absolutely. If any measurable portion of the Bernie voters can't be won over, but there are Republicans who can be, do you think she is going to reach out to?

Yeah, there's a reason the Democratic establishment routinely ignores the youth and the left. They don't vote, so there's no point in trying to appease them. The party platform follows the votes.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
40% of the Democrat primary voters are white college students who also don't vote.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Goetta posted:

40% of the Democrat primary voters are white college students who also don't vote.

Noone in New York drove, there was too much traffic.

Bloody Queef
Mar 23, 2012

by zen death robot

TyrantWD posted:

Name some policies she'll ultimately campaign further right on?

She moved from $12 min wage to 12* (15 in higher cost areas) so is she going to not campaign on raising the minimum?

She clarified that the TPP wasn't good because of Bernie, will she now say it's amazing?

Is she going to say she'll repeal and replace Obamacare?

Seriously think it through, she's not going to take a hard right for the GE. She might abandon the leftward she made during the primary, but I don't buy that she'll move further right. If she's running against Trump, the election is being handed to her so she doesn't need to abandon her principles to win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

:shrug:

• Locked thread