Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
We all know soup is the latest thing. Fancy beers? Wet shaving? Hoverboards? Nope it's good ole soup.

Today I'm making a navy bean and kale soup with some ham hocks. I'm also making fresh bread to compliment but not overpower the soup. Even though it's hot outside I decided on a hot soup. But cold soups are good too.

What kind of soups do you like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xjohnson
Sep 7, 2006
Johnson?
Young Orc
Kix

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

personally I love soup

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I get mad at soup.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Pretty much all of them. Never had a soup I didn't like.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I make many good soups, I have created many soups to share. I make particularly good legume-based soups, e.g. black bean soup, lentil soup, and pea soup.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
"Stirring the soup" is my fav metaphor for female masturbation

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I have baked beans going in the oven. does that count??

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I made butternut squash soup a few days ago

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

i'm gonna make a big batch of red lentil soup with sweet potatoes, ginger and turmeric and it's gonna own bones op

my poop will be off the charts

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I make mulligatawny soup and chicken stew most often

I like potato leek soup

Soup is my only friend

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

i had some she crab soup yesterday

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

What can I do with 15 beans.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

There was a soup megathread in GWS once. It didn't go well. I hope this one is better.

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
cant go wrong with a chicken and corn chowder

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I like soup. Soup is good.

Especially meaty ones.

Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE

a hole-y ghost posted:

I made butternut squash soup a few days ago

You are really cool. My buddy makes the best butternut squash soup and it is the only reason I can think of that we're still friends.

All soups are amazing but I am a big fan of gumbos (if they count?) and Chinese hot and sour and this crazy lentil soup my Greek ex-girlfriends dad would make. He also made a really excellent goat and rice based soup once that I destroyed (with my mouth and teeth and tummy, not with my hands or nothin).

I live in the south so I feel like I have spent my life missing out on clam chowders and other northern soups. That poo poo sounds wild & dope.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
mulligitawny is super good

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I like to eat bean soup straight outta the can without diluting it with equal part water

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

I love making soup but this morning i went and had pho for breakfast. Rare beef and tendon

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
This time of year, can't go wrong with a cool gazpacho.

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

Pick posted:

mulligitawny is super good

Awwww yeaahhhh

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Peebla posted:

You are really cool. My buddy makes the best butternut squash soup and it is the only reason I can think of that we're still friends.

All soups are amazing but I am a big fan of gumbos (if they count?) and Chinese hot and sour and this crazy lentil soup my Greek ex-girlfriends dad would make. He also made a really excellent goat and rice based soup once that I destroyed (with my mouth and teeth and tummy, not with my hands or nothin).

I live in the south so I feel like I have spent my life missing out on clam chowders and other northern soups. That poo poo sounds wild & dope.
butternut squash soup is ridiculously easy to make and takes like 20 min to make but it tastes really good. clam chowder is also easy to make and you should be able to if you use canned clams and those little bottles of clam juice intended for clamatos

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
soup is fantastic

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Mulligatawny recipe from Evernote

"For about 8 cups liquid

Bullion
8-10 chicken thighs
2 carrot
2 stalk celery
2/3 cup corn
1 1/3 cup cashews
2 parsnip
2/3 eggplant
1 onion
4 cloves garlic, pressed
1/2 cup lemon juice
2 roasted red pepper, chopped up (roast under the broiler for a bit)
pepper
2 tsp curry powder and more to taste
1 tsp marjoram
pinch nutmeg
1 tsp thyme
2 bay leaf
a little fresh parsley added at the end before serving"

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Lpzie posted:

What can I do with 15 beans.

You can make some really good soup friend

psychokitty posted:

There was a soup megathread in GWS once. It didn't go well. I hope this one is better.

I'm sure we make better soups in GBS so no worries.

Peebla posted:

See. This is what I'm talking about.

supernatural blonde
Mar 15, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
The only soup I like is hot and sour soup and I make it a lot in the winter or when I'm poorly. Other soups can just gently caress off, especially vegetable soup. You could have a whole tray of veggies in the oven, caramelized and roasted with garlic, olive oil and herbs or you could put them in a pot of water and boil them til your house smells like a nursing home. Shameful.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
soup ain't too shabby of a food i gotta say

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

No soup for you. lol.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Does a chowder count as a soup? Because I will gently caress up a nice corn chowder.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Carmant posted:

No soup for you. lol.

Hahahahah

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

TontoCorazon posted:

Does a chowder count as a soup? Because I will gently caress up a nice corn chowder.
It's a sandwich.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

TontoCorazon posted:

You're godamn right it does.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
a chowder is a soup, yes

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Goddamn do I love chowder

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
one time i went to this lunch spot and saw that the daily soup was something called "pohaberi" so i ordered it thinking it was something exotic and well it was a potato ham bean and rice soup and it was fantastic

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
My soup has come together quite nicely. It will be an enjoyable soup.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

pants cat posted:

The only soup I like is hot and sour soup and I make it a lot in the winter or when I'm poorly. Other soups can just gently caress off, especially vegetable soup. You could have a whole tray of veggies in the oven, caramelized and roasted with garlic, olive oil and herbs or you could put them in a pot of water and boil them til your house smells like a nursing home. Shameful.

Hot and sour is the only soup I've made where I hosed it up. Too much lily stuff.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

King of Bees posted:

My soup has come together quite nicely. It will be an enjoyable soup.

Pics or it didn't happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

TontoCorazon posted:

Pics or it didn't happen

Ok. When I plate I'll take some pics.

• Locked thread