Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
This week's TNF game was surprisingly entertaining and the Twitter stream managed to not poo poo itself. Good start to the week.

Oh, and Rex Ryan still sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Roman turned back into a pumpkin and the defense isn't built to handle that

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
TIL: The Bills secondary is hot garbage.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
If the Jets get to week 7 at 3-3 they are in good shape.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
The Brothers Ryan took arguably the best defense in the league 2 years ago and turned it into the lil Saints

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Tremendous Taste posted:

Roman turned back into a pumpkin and the defense isn't built to handle that

Once a team has realized his offense is predicated on fake personal shifts, he's really kind of a poo poo OC.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Christ gently caress Quincy Enunwa

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

everytime i see tyrod do a thing it feels real nostalgic cause he was the best part of the preseason and i cant feel like any game he plays in is real well thats my story

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

That was a one sided game that still could have gone either way. Bills thin and bad.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Bills fans are going to blame all the wrong people and I don't have the strength for it

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Maybe fire the Ryans.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/fbgchase/status/776631153017094144

YEAH SUCK IT, JETS

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The beer can won tho

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Tremendous Taste posted:

Bills fans are going to blame all the wrong people and I don't have the strength for it

Welcome to every football fanbase in the NFL.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Seriously though, this was an rear end beating in everything but score.

Fire Rex articles incoming.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Probably wish they didn't waste a TO on a play they didn't even run.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ozu posted:

Seriously though, this was an rear end beating in everything but score.

The secondary was pretty awful last year early and got better. Should be fixable.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

SweetKarma posted:

Welcome to every football sports fanbase in the NFL.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If Rex makes it to Xmas it's gotta be surprising

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Tremendous Taste posted:

They are pretty fine blaming Rex. He's a bad coach.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

cheesetriangles posted:

Probably wish they didn't waste a TO on a play they didn't even run.

Don't think that really mattered

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Currently enjoying the prospect of figuring out whether Mike McCoy or Rex Ryan will be fired first.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

fsif posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/jnowak0617/status/776628732840861696

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

So was the Bills defense played for 40 minutes. You cannot let that happen.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chinatown posted:

Currently enjoying the prospect of figuring out whether Mike McCoy or Rex Ryan will be fired first.

McCoy will be fine until San Diego almost unanimously votes "gently caress you" to the Chargers, at which point he will be launched out of the state via catapult moments after the result is announced

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

fsif posted:

With a third timeout they could've stopped the clock at 1 minute and at least had an outside shot at building a real drive, rather than one "lateral and pray" play.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I mean, if I'm being fair, I too would have assumed that the Bills' CBs could handle the Jets' receivers in man coverage

No way I though loving Enunwa would steal Gilmore's lunch

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
do the Brothers Ryan get fired in tandem, or could one possibly survive the other

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

fsif posted:

I mean, if I'm being fair, I too would have assumed that the Bills' CBs could handle the Jets' receivers in man coverage

No way I though loving Enunwa would steal Gilmore's lunch

The Bills defense was on the field constantly. Even when the Bills offense was producing they were getting off the field right away.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Magicpants posted:

do the Brothers Ryan get fired in tandem, or could one possibly survive the other

Rex gets fired and Rob assumes command.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Magicpants posted:

Well, they got their lap bands removed in tandem, so might as well go down with the ship together

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

N: Brandon Marshall on NFL Network calling Enunwa a TE.

V: Jets have a TE who is not dick-fingers Kellen Davis.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Benne posted:

With a third timeout they could've stopped the clock at 1 minute and at least had an outside shot at building a real drive, rather than one "lateral and pray" play.

The EJ Manuel hard snap plays were dumb because they used that gimmick last year and actually tricked the Jets. No loving way they fall for it again.

But that said, we're getting into butterfly effect poo poo here I know, but part of the reason the Bills were in the position they were in the last ten seconds or so is because the Jets let them have it. They don't run three vanilla Forte up the gut plays if the Bills have more than a Hail Mary chance when they get the ball back.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

cheesetriangles posted:

The Bills defense was on the field constantly. Even when the Bills offense was producing they were getting off the field right away.

That's true but 37 points

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
The bills O scored 31 freaking points. Should they have scored those points more slowly to give the defense a rest?

*Edit: I forgot about the fumble for a td. But still.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
We got our asses kicked and Ryan Fitzpatrick threw for almost 400 yards.

Jesus. Why?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

SweetKarma posted:

The bills O scored 31 freaking points. Should they have scored those points more slowly to give the defense a rest?

The defense scored 7 of those, and another 7 were in garbage time. Another 14 were on Tyrod bombs.

Not an excuse for the defense, but the offense did struggle to stay on the field.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The team is *built* around sustaining offense and controlling the clock

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

fsif posted:

The defense scored 7 of those, and another 7 were in garbage time. Another 14 were on Tyrod bombs.

Not an excuse for the defense, but the offense did struggle to stay on the field.

Yeah, but those Tyrod bombs were pretty cool. :cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

pasaluki posted:

We got our asses kicked and Ryan Fitzpatrick threw for almost 400 yards.

Jesus. Why?

now imagine that being Josh McCown and the Cleveland Browns

:suicide:

• Locked thread