Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
Let' face it, movies are the worst they have ever been. All over the world people are holding thier noses as stinker after stinker is forced through the loose, floppy anus of the once proud American film industry and onto their local cinema screen.

If i made you all powerful dictator of Hollywood what would you do to make movies watchable again? How would you once again inspire childlike joy in movie goers hearts? How would you get butts in those dusty empty seats?

I know what I would do. I would take whatever the current trend was on YouTube and make movies about that.

Right now that trend happens to be the Reddit True Scary Stories craze. This is where british children read "true" "scary" stories in a YouTube video and its all spooky and whatever.

So I would make movies based on those stories and put british kids in the movies so its more authentic.

What would you do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps
Full penetration.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
probably move to The Valley and go to school to get a film degree with emphasis in screen writing.

and then never do anything with it or even sort of related to film industry

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

I feel like Hollywood could really do with some new blood, and therefore would cast myself as all roles in all movies, including narration

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Roylicious posted:

Full penetration.

this is what i'm talking about. you get like 2 hours of run time, that's more than enough time to leave no hole unviolated

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
I'd green light Rollergator 2.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Have LA PD wall off all exits from LA. Similarly no fly zone over the area with F-14s.

Enter an amateur film crew and it's hunting season on all the pedophiles.

I think that would fix it.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
this is the poo poo im talking about. i'm telling you british kids reading spook stories is white hot right now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQMM8VyL9z4

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Helical Nightmares posted:

Have LA PD wall off all exits from LA. Similarly no fly zone over the area with F-14s.

Enter an amateur film crew and it's hunting season on all the pedophiles.

I think that would fix it.

The most unrealistic part of this fantasy is the F-14s

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Destroy it.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
there are not enough balls shown in movies imo.

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
The taint will be the focus of my films.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i would hunt humans into extinction. let the next arguably sentient species give making movies a shot.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
i just thought of a horror movie where a guy eats all of his toes but then it turns out a vampire is after him and he cant run away bec he ate his own toes. i guess its like one of those ironic twist endings twighlight zone style you know?

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
A true feminist society would show more vag in the silver screen

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
bring back the nazis

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

let everyone bring a gun and give points for shooting the bad guy whenever hes on screen

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

if you shoot a good guy or one of the other people watching the movie you lose points

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Stop making new films, just re-release old ones. Yeah, I suppose you could watch three hours of your favorite superheroes being turned into psychopaths by an overgrown edgelord teenager. OR... you could watch Commando.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
For starters, line up all the current senior writers on a wall, douse them in boiling acid and flaming napalm while the apprentice writers watch what will happen to them if they produce bullshit. Probably slash the throats of a lot of executives and pile them up as a totem to the rest while I'm at it. In truth the whole drat industry needs to be gutted out and tossed in the protein recycler.

R-Type fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Oct 4, 2016

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

if you shoot an extra you only get 1 point

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
MORE TRANSFORMER MOVIES BIOTCH

2reachmu
Jul 30, 2005

SA-MART
SUCCESS
STORY

Probably just shoot out a bunch of well written competently acted high concept low budget exploitation with good soundtracks. Hollywood should go back to the Cannon/American International model of film making.

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Remake bumfights in the marvel universe

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Actually, gently caress it. All movies to be replaced with Commando, Robocop, Die Hard and The Transformers: The Movie. Cinemas will be packed.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
studio executives need to resume making their decisions on which projects to fund while high out of the entire goddamned solar system on cocaine

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
i have another movie idea about a scientist who invented the vaccine for cancer but the catch is that is gives you instant acute stage 6 rear end rabies which is not terminal but is very itchy to say the least.

a secret agent like a jason bourne type guy comes to save the sexy scientist from her lab and thats when we find out he is his own mom from 2000 years ago. turns out one of the cancer vaccines was to get in a time machine and go back to when you didnt have it yet and get the vaccine then.

but due to a paradox of timespace anyone who gets in the time machine becomes thier own mother.

its very cerebral. i think audiences are ready for this type of film.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

vote on your smartphone to decide what happens next in the movie

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
titty the movie

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
titties 2: the return

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

flash mob the flash dance sequel

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Exile my rival Max Landis to an island, preferably the one Napoleon got sent to because I'm a history buff like that.

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
Magic: The Gathering: The Movie.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Bob James posted:

Magic: The Gathering: The Movie.

Um.. hello? is this Hollywood? yeah, hi. listen, you need to send the money truck to Bob James place ASAP. Now! Right now!

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
No sequels

No 3D

Movie is either NC-17 or PG

Steven Spielberg has to make a movie where the Germans are good guys

David Lynch gets to go onto any set and do whatever he wants

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Separate but equal showtimes

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

id give em a *POW* in the right
nd a *POP* in the left side of they-re heads

Millions of Crows
Mar 31, 2010

take a look overhead
Destroy China, and every current movie exec in Hollywood.
It's connected trust me.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Movies based on...

*Squints at "Best videogame of all time" list*

Legend of Zella: Orca of Time, Sixty Four Marios, and Tetris.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
KCRW had a thing about all the discrimination in Hollywood and how its unfair representations and poo poo, but like, it wasnt even race or gender, the person was whining that not enough movies star old people lmfbo

• Locked thread