Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
So the home association in my neighborhood is claiming I can't cover MY yard in various qualities of razor and barbed wire.

My question is why doesn't everyone cover their yards in this stuff? It cut(:smug: ) down on all those lovely kids using my property as a shortcut to the quarry!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
LOL if you live in a neighborhood with a HOA. Way to deliberately put yourself at the mercy of old people and stay at home moms.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

EvilJoven posted:

LOL if you live in a neighborhood with a HOA. Way to deliberately put yourself at the mercy of old people and stay at home moms.

I didn't join I am sort of the "bad boy" in the neighborhood but I inherited the property from
My grand father so I have the grand father clause and they can't get rid of me :smug:

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
What about broken glass? Does it mention that you can't cover your yard with broken glass?

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

FlimFlam Imam posted:

What about broken glass? Does it mention that you can't cover your yard with broken glass?

That's a good question maybe tha will kill some of the weeds growing cause lol I'm not mowing my lawn til spring

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx
Hi im ray z. wire and this is my wife barbara howr u

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Cover the barbed wire with strips of green indoor / outdoor carpeting and say they're hedges.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

try claymore mines

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine
this is why i live in an apartment, lotta windows make it harder to see the pellet gun barrel

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
fill your yard with sharp rocks and trip wires and dump your poo poo bucket on the rocks.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Yeah, do this OP, but with your fence. Use glue.

Match the color of the glass to your fence, so people can't spot it at night. Maybe those drat kids will then nick an artery or something while trying to jump the fence and bleed out. Build that wall.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine

just go all out op, cmon

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
If you have trees, I recommend a bunch of fishing line with fish hooks.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
I've noticed caltrops and high grass keeps out pests like raccoons and toddlers.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
An inexpensive land mine consisting of old pipes, a spring, a nail, and shotgun shells.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Edgar posted:

If you have trees, I recommend a bunch of fishing line with fish hooks.

TheLightPurges posted:

I've noticed caltrops and high grass keeps out pests like raccoons and toddlers.

I like these ideas, especially the fish hooks cause it would be hard for those pesky home owners association council people to see it from the street. but listen i dont want to harm the kids i just dont want them to use my lawn for short cuts, and to be honest that quarry has killed more than a handful of kids but what do i know!

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
also lol if they think imma stop working on my big block chevy on my front lawn!

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Fascination with building traps is a theorized herald of aspergers thought you all should know

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Toadvine posted:

Fascination with building traps is a theorized herald of aspergers thought you all should know

cool

now what about fake trees that collapse when kids try to climb them?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I have an electric fence where I hang interactive Halloween decorations

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Smash it Smash hit posted:

cool

now what about fake trees that collapse when kids try to climb them?

The Vietnamese used to dig out holes and fill them with feces covered spikes and then cover them with grass or foliage.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

TheLightPurges posted:

The Vietnamese used to dig out holes and fill them with feces covered spikes and then cover them with grass or foliage.

i dont want to kill them!!!! so maybe just a hole dug out with twigs and foliage with a lunchable at the bottome so they dont get too hungry before i come fish them out?

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

i dont want to kill them!!!! so maybe just a hole dug out with twigs and foliage with a lunchable at the bottome so they dont get too hungry before i come fish them out?

Fair enough just cover the spikes in tabasco or salt.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
does your home association have a facebook group where people brag about following brown people around the neighborhood because they're untrustworthy too?

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

SeXReX posted:

does your home association have a facebook group where people brag about following brown people around the neighborhood because they're untrustworthy too?

lol they actually do or as they call it "suspicious characters"

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

lol they actually do or as they call it "suspicious characters"

I'd keep an eye on them if I were you

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

I didn't join I am sort of the "bad boy" in the neighborhood but I inherited the property from
My grand father so I have the grand father clause and they can't get rid of me :smug:

If this is true then it's your sacred duty to make your house look as ugly, gaudy and offensive as legally possible while not getting dinged by actual legitimate bylaw violations.

Might I suggest a gigantic wacky waving inflatable dildo? Purple, preferably.

You can call it art.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
When you redo the vinyl siding on the house, pick out three random colours, mix and match the pieces, and put them up in whatever order they are in.

Sort of like this, but even more random and more garish colour clashing.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Douse everything in sump oil

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Toadvine posted:

you don't "catch" assurgers though... you're born with it. so at this point, if I am fascinated by building traps, I'm just weird. not autistic, right?

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

What sort of authority do HOA's have? In college I remember getting an angry call from my landlord because he said our area HOA association called him bitching about the trash in our back yard. It was a flat tire my roomate had replaced two days before and a taco bell Big Box on top of it.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

What sort of authority do HOA's have? In college I remember getting an angry call from my landlord because he said our area HOA association called him bitching about the trash in our back yard. It was a flat tire my roomate had replaced two days before and a taco bell Big Box on top of it.

So far, I have just gotten letters and calls. They have threatened to call the cops but lol hasnt happened yet. The city left a warning citation for my overgrown lawn a few months ago but, I really didnt do much. A tree fell down because of a storm so maybe they think that all that left over branches was me cleaning up?

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

The Bananana posted:

you don't "catch" assurgers though... you're born with it. so at this point, if I am fascinated by building traps, I'm just weird. not autistic, right?

Wrong.

That being said, an obvious trap makes a good diversion for a more skillfully concealed trap. Ex: a heaping bowl of candy on an empty porch with cartridge traps hidden in the steps leading up to the porch

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
guys i dont want to hurt these kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Ok fine, bang snap fireworks in place of cartridges under the porch steps.

Or a whoopie cushion :classiclol:

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Please don't leave garbage in your yard, leave traps like a true man.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

guys i dont want to hurt these kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

speak for yourself man this has grown beyond you.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Toadvine posted:

Ok fine, bang snap fireworks in place of cartridges under the porch steps.

Or a whoopie cushion :classiclol:

hehe those kids are going to be so embarasssed when their peers think THEY farted!

TheLightPurges posted:

speak for yourself man this has grown beyond you.

wha-what have i done :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
There's a cool scene in True Detective where they sneakily infiltrate a far out dug in lsd lab and one of the cooks runs away into a grenade trip wire. I just realized he may have done it on purpose considering what else was found at the lab...

• Locked thread