Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
Why would anyone want this?

Why?

:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
How was your trip to applebees op

Pimpcasso fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Nov 4, 2016

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it should have told you something that they only ever sang about "ha get a load of this guy"

misty mountaintop
Jun 2, 2015

by Hand Knit
It's not random, OP. It's at certain clearly specified times. You just don't know the code.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
There was a Mexican place in Maryland that always did that. It was annoying so I quit going there. In-fact, I get take out, get delivery, or just don't even leave the house period to avoid random spontaneous singing or talking.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Kuato posted:

There was a Mexican place in Maryland that always did that. It was annoying so I quit going there. In-fact, I get take out, get delivery, or just don't even leave the house period to avoid random spontaneous singing or talking.

Weeeeeeeeell, have I got a tale for you! (for you!)
And you're going to love it true! (love it true!)

This one here's about our favorite poster! (favorite poster!)
A fellow named Ku-ato! (Ku-ato!)

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I want to know what types of assholes that would want to work at a restaurant like that.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
Drama students that think this is good "experience" before starring in the church musical.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

Buglord

myDad posted:

Weeeeeeeeell, have I got a tale for you! (for you!)
And you're going to love it true! (love it true!)

This one here's about our favorite poster! (favorite poster!)
A fellow named Ku-ato! (Ku-ato!)

:yikes:

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
Didn't there Used to be an Opera restaurant with actual professional opera singers in Minneapolis or Mall of America? It was a steak place if I'm remembering right.

Why not have a restaurant where the play "Cats" is continuously performed all around the dining patrons?

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

Buglord

Maldoror posted:

Why not have a restaurant where the play "Cats" is continuously performed all around the dining patrons?

Does your sadism and depravity know no bounds??? :colbert:

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
Or how about a restaurant where they just let a whole bunch of actual cats wander around, the cats could jump up on your table and you could share your food with them and pet them.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG77yCESIXo

ScratchAndSniff
Sep 28, 2008

This game stinks

Maldoror posted:

Or how about a restaurant where they just let a whole bunch of actual cats wander around, the cats could jump up on your table and you could share your food with them and pet them.

This, only racoons.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Maldoror posted:

they got that poo poo in korea

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

Buglord

Maldoror posted:

On the right track, but maybe friendly pit bulls instead? :shrug:

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Kuato posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klVe7_2UEQ8

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
Man I tell you what them bastards with some wasabi and soy sauce thats some good eatin.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
Nooner just image spammed me this in a pm

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

luv 2 date boys posted:

I want one of those to open near me

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

Buglord

Maldoror posted:

Nooner just image spammed me this in a pm

A very benevolent monarch

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I feel bad for those guys at cold stone every time someone tips them.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
Dude's fixing to stab that cat.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
I went to a restaurant called the Rainforest Cafe where they had a fully functioning ecosystem inside

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I want to know what types of assholes that would want to work at a restaurant like that.

poor drug addicts without better options. no one actually wants to work at those places

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Maldoror posted:

Why?

I imagine some sadists get off to minimum wage plebs singing for their supper

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

luv 2 date boys posted:

the toxoplasmosis cafe

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

myDad posted:

I went to a restaurant called the Rainforest Cafe where they had a fully functioning ecosystem inside

Ever since visiting a Rainforest Cafe I can't even enjoy food without a fog machine for ambiance.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Maldoror posted:

Why?

grandmas and weirdos

Genderfluent
Jul 15, 2015

They do this at chez panisse and the french laundry look it up

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

TheMightyBoops posted:

Ever since visiting a Rainforest Cafe I can't even enjoy food without a fog machine for ambiance.

I can't smell mildew anymore without salivating.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
There was this joint in LA where they would jump up on the tables and sing YMCA. Basically I approve. :dong:

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

luv 2 date boys posted:

In Korea this is like one of those places with lobster tanks

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nathilus posted:

There was this joint in LA where they would jump up on the tables and sing YMCA. Basically I approve. :dong:

I love having the bottoms of peoples shoes, which have been on the floor, on top of a table where I'm going to place my hands and silverware. Did you give them a big fat tip for the performance?

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Gamer With Dignity posted:

I love having the bottoms of peoples shoes, which have been on the floor, on top of a table where I'm going to place my hands and silverware. Did you give them a big fat tip for the performance?

Better make sure you don't lick the table though you might get dirty shoe disease.

Obviously I blew a couple of them behind the restaurant so yes on the tip.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Maldoror posted:

They have these. They are called "Chinese restaurants"

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

For my 13th birthday, my grandparents took me out for dinner at Texas Roadhouse. While I was in the bathroom, they mentioned to the waitress that it was my birthday. Well, this led to a bunch of staff coming out, not only singing happy birthday to me, but also making me sit on this weird saddle thing so everyone in the loving restaurant could see my shame. :sigh:

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013

luv 2 date boys posted:

WOW that's a big cat!

naem
May 29, 2011

Believe In Yrself Betty posted:

In Korea this is like one of those places with lobster tanks

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I went to coldstone creamery once and they started doing their song thing and it was terrible. I never went back since. That poo poo plus places like Moes that force their employees to yell out "welcome to ____" every time someone walks in is the worst thing. Especially during busy times it's just a constant stream of welcome to moes.

I don't know what marketing genius thought this was what people wanted but the only person I've met that found those policies "cute" or endearing in any way was my senile grandmother.

• Locked thread