Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ScratchAndSniff
Sep 28, 2008

This game stinks
"Woah, what's this "steam" thing I have downloaded on my computer machine? Oh my god, look at all these games!"

*plays Planescape Torment for the first time 100 times and then dies happy*
*Thinks I am a teenager again playing games after school every day, but school never comes*

Why are you looking forward to your inevitable memory loss?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
won't have to remember donald trump's presidency

"What do you mean america is a third world country? I thought someone made it great again!"

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I already have this, it's called "Whiskey"

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
*endures unimaginable psychic torture as their physiological center of consciousness rots away*

ScratchAndSniff
Sep 28, 2008

This game stinks

Psycho Society posted:

*endures unimaginable psychic torture as their physiological center of consciousness rots away*

Yeah, but it won't be torture because you won't be aware of it after it's gone. One day it will just be like "hey it's 1995 and I'm at some weird camp. I wonder when they will be done with dinner? Who is this hot nurse who wants to give me a sponge bath? I don't loving care, this camp is awesome!!!!

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Years of smoking weed have prepared me to deal with Alzheimer's memory loss.

Seriously though, my mom got early onset Alzheimer's. If you ever get diagnosed with it, get a Momento style tattoo on your am that reads, "you have Alzheimers, kill yourself." Because once you are too far gone to remember you have it, it will be too late.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

whenever i get sad about nursing homes i think of the always sunny episode where they try to dig up dirt on the old folks home and then they interview a resident and shes very sweet and racist and it makes me all :dance:

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib

Outpost22 posted:

won't have to remember donald trump's presidency

"What do you mean america is a third world country? I thought someone made it great again!"

Whoa, nice meme!!

I too, look forward to getting Alzheimer's. Then getting my stem cell injection which will cost me 400,000 trumpbux which will cure me.

Grandma Panic!
Nov 4, 2006
Retirement homes will be p. sweet? Government prescribed weed and VR :hellyeah:

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
lmao at playing video games as an adult

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

luv 2 date boys posted:

lmao at playing video games as an adult

Playing video games as an adult gave me my livelihood web 2.0 loving rules

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I would watch Inception once a week

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

On the flip side you get scammed into playing No Man's Sky about a hundred times too

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Psycho Society posted:

your good post is getting in the way of this thread's collection of escape mechanisms from the very real and not so distant future

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

i'm going to give everyone guff

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

General Dog posted:

I would watch Inception once a week

Or vanilla sky

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
it'll be cured or treatable by the time we're that old i think

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
alternatively just smoke weed all the time and u won't get it

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

Moridin920 posted:

alternatively just smoke weed all the time and u won't get it

And a puzzle, brains love puzzles

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
i'll prolly just come out of the closet over and over again because im gay

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
puzzles are good

im halfway sure based on my own dumbass intuition that the brain is kind of like a muscle in that if you just are floating through life with your brain shut off (you know the type, the people that go "i don't like to think about politics" or "I don't watch the news it's all dumb anyway check out that kim kardashian tho") you're way more at risk to have some brain issues later in life versus if you think about stuff and use your brain and learn things all the time you're less likely to get it

i could be totally wrong tho and yeah obv some part of it is genetic im sure

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i cant remember 10 minutes ago

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
my old age will be a seemingly eternal loop of waking up in a soggy cardboard box under an overpass and wondering why and how.

maybe i have a dog?

Tomato Burger
Jun 18, 2007
The secret is granola.
I would post in sweet SomethingAwful threads like this one.

Tomato Burger
Jun 18, 2007
The secret is granola.
I would post in sweet SomethingAwful threads like this one.

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot

NotWearingPants posted:

Seriously though, my mom got early onset Alzheimer's. If you ever get diagnosed with it, get a Momento style tattoo on your am that reads, "you have Alzheimers, kill yourself." Because once you are too far gone to remember you have it, it will be too late.

lmao this would be a good prank to play on you

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
I'd be pissed at the rear end in a top hat who's high score I can't seem to beat, never remembering that it was I who wrote rear end as #1 weeks ago.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014

NotWearingPants posted:

I'm not an empty-quoter so ditto on this one. And I never learned to work a game controller so this is gonna really suck.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
"are you my son?" i ask, again, forgetting that i never had children

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

You know how in a zombie movie a dude gets bit and he's all "well gently caress" and shoots himself because nobody wants to be a goddamn zombie?

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

NotWearingPants posted:

jokes on you, according to some studies it looks like THC might prevent alzheimers

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Das Butterbrot posted:

jokes on you, according to some studies it looks like THC might prevent alzheimers

im gonna be a fuckin mentat at 65 lol

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
"Oh my god! What is that man doing to his anus?!?"

- every goon in roughly 30-40 years

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

b-minus1 posted:

"Oh my god! What is that man doing to his anus?!?"

- every goon in roughly 30-40 years

Came to post this. I think goatse and tubgirl would be good tests for alzhimers.

ScratchAndSniff
Sep 28, 2008

This game stinks
I have a better idea, OP: You can kill yourself long before that happens to spare us from your terrible posting.

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
"Whoa I've never chosen bulbasaur, this will be fun"

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Moridin920 posted:

puzzles are good

im halfway sure based on my own dumbass intuition that the brain is kind of like a muscle in that if you just are floating through life with your brain shut off (you know the type, the people that go "i don't like to think about politics" or "I don't watch the news it's all dumb anyway check out that kim kardashian tho") you're way more at risk to have some brain issues later in life versus if you think about stuff and use your brain and learn things all the time you're less likely to get it

i could be totally wrong tho and yeah obv some part of it is genetic im sure

gonna let the researchers know some jackass on the internet solved alzheimer's

ScratchAndSniff
Sep 28, 2008

This game stinks

Senor Dog posted:

gonna let the researchers know some jackass on the internet solved alzheimer's

Great scott, he's onto something! Get that man a lab, a grant, and an army of grad students, stat!

-Some Researchers

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb
gently caress Alzheimer's is all I have to say :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScratchAndSniff
Sep 28, 2008

This game stinks

fletcher posted:

gently caress Alzheimer's is all I have to say :(

It would be cool if you're married and you're like "who are you?" and she's like "your wife, dumbass" and then it would be like boning a stranger every time.

Sure it would be a gross old lady, but if you had a gross old lady fetish that would just make it better!

OP is still trash though and should be killed for this terrible thread.

• Locked thread