Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Well, the great white north might not be a perfect country, but it has some god points. Please post good things about Canada in this thread, American discussion is discouraged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
it might be a nice tropical getaway in 30 years

just ray
Jan 3, 2014

by merry exmarx
star wars

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Fsmhunk posted:

Please post good things about Canada in this thread

Will soon become America's 51st state once Trump terminates NAFTA.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

its ruled by a despotic warlord named jaerry mumphrey

dev286
Nov 30, 2006

Let it be all the best.
Kellie Leitch is promising to test all immigrants for "Canadian Values"... Wink, wink ;-)

So if you don't know what a double-double is then I guess you're not getting in, baby!!!!

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
Hockey is better than basketball.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Horseshoe theory posted:

Will soon become America's 51st state once Trump terminates NAFTA.

I don't think either of these things are likely to happen. A lot of my friends and family have been saying really mean stuff about Americans lately, like "Man Americans are really retarded." and "America was never great in the first place, haha!" or "Our PM marched in a pride parade while their VP want's to send gay people to reducation camps." But I'm committed to giving each and every American a fair shake.

All the posts so far have been pretty bad though.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

You have good weed in Canada

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

vyst posted:

i poofed on weed so hard they made me prime minstrel

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
No trump, no care :c00l:

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

vyst posted:

It will soon be legal, friend. I myself don't partake but I feel glad for the many people that do.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Canada is like the western hemisphere's Belgium. A weird, slightly confusing growth popping out of the top of a real country.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Fsmhunk posted:

But I'm committed to giving each and every American a fair shake.

There's your first mistake.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

a canadian salad is macaroni and ham stirred with an aboriginal penis

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

a canadian salad is macaroni and ham stirred with an aboriginal penis

gently caress you Jerry Mumphrey I just laughed so hard poutine came out of my nose

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Fsmhunk posted:

It will soon be legal, friend. I myself don't partake but I feel glad for the many people that do.

How soon?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Free healthcare is pretty nice I guess.

Kinda disappointed (some) Americans beat us to legal weed though.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

only toronto will likely get nuked and the rest of canada would appreciate it

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Blazing Zero posted:

I dont think any of Canada will be attacked or bombed by the United States, but I understand if it makes some people feel powerful to imagine it will.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Fsmhunk posted:

I dont think any of Canada will be attacked or bombed by the United States, but I understand if it makes some people feel powerful to imagine it will.

sorry, i should have been more clear. when saudi arabia or iran starts shooting nukes at north america, only toronto will be hit. this is why canada is good

dev286
Nov 30, 2006

Let it be all the best.

Blazing Zero posted:

sorry, i should have been more clear. when saudi arabia or iran starts shooting nukes at north america, only toronto will be hit. this is why canada is good

Hate to break it to you but whenever I travel no one has ever heard of Toronto. They know Montreal and Vancouver.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fact: the currency of Canada is the maple leaf. If Canadians ever figure out that they can go out into the forest and scoop them up in large quantities, they'll have runaway inflation.

Fact: the Canadian diet consists primarily of reindeer meat and moss.

Fact: there are no fewer than 14 Canadians who do not drink beer.

Fact: geographically, 99% of Canada is a frozen wasteland, bleak, featureless, and devoid of life. The population of Canada virtually all live in a thin strip of land within 10 miles of the U.S. border.

Fact: while the residents of Quebec are said to speak French, nobody has ever actually been there to check. It's possible they simply have a French accent.

stfustfustfu
Nov 14, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
canada is not much better than the states get the gently caress out of your protective nerd bubbles

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

dev286 posted:

Hate to break it to you but whenever I travel no one has ever heard of Toronto. They know Montreal and Vancouver.

whatever man, i dont live in canada :smuggo:

stfustfustfu
Nov 14, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
kathlyeen wynee is unanimously hated by most feminists (that arent undergrad on hormones and filled with pride) worst case ontario is real

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

dev286 posted:

great diefenbaker's ghost!

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
I can confirm Canada is mostly fake

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
Canada looks real enough but then you walk around and try and turn some of those doorknobs and they aren't even attached to real doors

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

stfustfustfu posted:

canada is not much better than the states get the gently caress out of your protective nerd bubbles

I'm not sure what a 'nerd bubble' is. I reccomend not judging people based on a few lines of text on an internet forum that requires a fee for registration.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

dev286 posted:

It's because the ones that know Toronto all moved there.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Blazing Zero posted:

Only because it's the only Canadian city Americans know.

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Fluffy cat sensory experience
Currently applying for my Canadian citizenship certificate. You see, I'm an American of Canadian descent so they give me free lifetime membership. Just gotta send my papers in. A good backup plan to wave in everyone's face even if I don't move up there.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Justin Godscock posted:

Only because it's the only Canadian city Americans know.

Bamf! and Vancooter

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
it's cool that your canadian baseball team that plays in our american league broke a record by letting 4 people from canada play on team canada, congratulations!

dev286
Nov 30, 2006

Let it be all the best.

extra stout posted:

it's cool that your canadian baseball team that plays in our american league broke a record by letting 4 people from canada play on team canada, congratulations!

Merci pour les félicitations!! Crosse toé!

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

I'm cool with Canada because it gave us Skinny Puppy and Trailer Park Boys.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Snow put Canadian rappers on the map. :clint:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

drake drakr drake drake drake dake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

numberoneposter posted:

drake drakr drake drake drake dake

It means "dragon" :smug:

• Locked thread