Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheShrike
Oct 30, 2010

You mechs may have copper wiring to re-route your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.

TheShrike fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Dec 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I hope everyone dies

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Kontradaz posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4syEMiYsgE

"lol so this is what racism feels like? that's a first..."

"This seems a lot like discrimination in my book."

"Open racism.... nice."

"This is why Trump won."

"Guys report this video: Harmful or Hateful content"

And many more!

My favorite: "gently caress off (((you))) pieces of poo poo. I really hope you know these videos (canada one as well) Will ONLY serve to further "radicalise" our people. Get loving ready for 2017 you cunts. It will be a lot worse for you."

I get that the commenters are retarded (like on every single website, but seemingly in greater concentration on yahoo and youtube) but what exactly is the purpose of this video? I mean, who is it trying to convince? the soft and helpless left already agrees with everything this video said, and Society's Winners will never see it, or if they do, it's not like it's going to move the needle. Am I missing some 12th dimensional chess poo poo here or something? or is this just attention seeking behavior by the young adults at MTV?

TheShrike
Oct 30, 2010

You mechs may have copper wiring to re-route your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.

gobbagool posted:

I get that the commenters are retarded (like on every single website, but seemingly in greater concentration on yahoo and youtube) but what exactly is the purpose of this video? I mean, who is it trying to convince? the soft and helpless left already agrees with everything this video said, and Society's Winners will never see it, or if they do, it's not like it's going to move the needle. Am I missing some 12th dimensional chess poo poo here or something? or is this just attention seeking behavior by the young adults at MTV?

I don't think it's the fact that the commenters are retarded, but just the absolute rage backlash from across the internet to this vid is hilarious. (also the downvotes) https://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comments/5jemo7/mtvs_idiotic_new_video_new_years_resolutions_for/

I don't think it's trying to convince anyone of anything other than white peeps (of the nerdy internet variety) are incredibly sensitive to being criticized and fervently state they are now the victimized party.

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Kontradaz posted:

I don't think it's the fact that the commenters are retarded, but just the absolute rage backlash from across the internet to this vid is hilarious. (also the downvotes) https://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comments/5jemo7/mtvs_idiotic_new_video_new_years_resolutions_for/

I don't think it's trying to convince anyone of anything other than white peeps (of the nerdy internet variety) are incredibly sensitive to being criticized and fervently state they are now the victimized party.

Huh, it (the video) seemed more like a whiny list of grievances from a group of people who didn't get their way for the first time ever, and now they're acting out. I'm a father of 2, i've seen this behavior before.

TheShrike
Oct 30, 2010

gobbagool posted:

Huh, it (the video) seemed more like a whiny list of grievances from a group of people who didn't get their way for the first time ever, and now they're acting out. I'm a father of 2, i've seen this behavior before.

The video is tongue in cheek dumb humor and the only reason you'd find it "whiny" is if it hit a sensitive nerve for you. I mean we did elect Trump this year so white people do definitely have much to improve on.

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Kontradaz posted:

The video is tongue in cheek dumb humor and the only reason you'd find it "whiny" is if it hit a sensitive nerve.

Huh, I didn't get that at all. Generational thing perhaps. That was supposed to be funny?

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Kontradaz posted:

I'd be upset if this video was aimed at black guys or muslim women or any other group. Criticizing people based on race & gender is something to get away from. I don't understand the idea that the societal pendulum of prejudice needs to keep swinging when (at least in the US) we've made great strides together over the past hundred years bringing people up rather than putting them down.

e:

gobbagool posted:

Huh, I didn't get that at all. Generational thing perhaps. That was supposed to be funny?

Yeah I guess I just don't "get it"; I got the immediate impression of passive aggression.

Scab Eating Contest
Nov 28, 2005

It looks like black nerds are raging too

https://twitter.com/SkyWilliams/status/810996003817930752

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
Only retards care what MTV is doing.

TheShrike
Oct 30, 2010

It's probably not a generational thing but rather a product of what environment you grew up in. I grew up in a predominantly black and latino community and clowning on "white people" is a funny joke and lacks any particular malice. Big contrast to a white person making fun of black people or criticizing them but I guess that distinction is difficult for some who haven't been exposed to it.

Shin00bie
Sep 11, 2011

I think the biggest take away from this is that MTV is apparently still a thing.

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Shin00bie posted:

I think the biggest take away from this is that MTV is apparently still a thing.

A thing where it's no longer a requirement that people that appear on screen are physically attractive

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Making fun of white people is the most sacred tradition we in the black community have and white people are not very good at it

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Kontradaz posted:

It's probably not a generational thing but rather a product of what environment you grew up in. I grew up in a predominantly black and latino community and clowning on "white people" is a funny joke and lacks any particular malice. Big contrast to a white person making fun of black people or criticizing them but I guess that distinction is difficult for some who haven't been exposed to it.

So, you think this was aimed at predominantly black and latino communities? That makes more sense, I think. Black people do think like this, white people do think like this

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Being white is p sweet I recommend it to everyone.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
MTV has been running on inertia and Proactiv ad revenue for like ten years now

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Remember when MTV showed music videos?

TheShrike
Oct 30, 2010

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I claim this thread in the name of Emperor Trump

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

"Internet killed the Video Star"

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Mansplaining is the dumbest loving term ever.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

[–]propelol [score hidden] an hour ago

Friendly reminder to you people with black skin to not steal and kill (◡‿◡✿)

permalinkembedparent

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Blue Train posted:

I hope everyone dies

:yeah:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

I claim this thread in the name of Emperor Trump

this is legally binding btw everyone

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
no war but class war

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Shin00bie posted:

Same, I just wished Mike Judge would make more Beavis and Butthead.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Blue Train posted:

I hope everyone dies

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

That reminds me of the time Dunkey beat Sky in Smash.

Also, can identity politics go away please?

TheShrike
Oct 30, 2010

dsriggs posted:

Lol I bet you think you live in a post-racial world.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

gobbagool posted:

It is supposed to convince you that MTV is still a hip fun progressive cool brand for young white people to show how cool and good they are

It is a branding exercise

Shin00bie posted:

Then it was successful

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

dsriggs posted:

I like to play as Donkey Kong in Smash too so I'm glad somoene found a way to make him competitive

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Kontradaz posted:

Lol I bet you think you live in a post-racial world.

A few decades ago some guy had a dream about his children being judged not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

Thankfully, he was completely unimportant so we can ignore him & instead focus on "White guys do a thing like this. Black guys do a thing like THIIIIIIS" instead.

TheShrike
Oct 30, 2010

dsriggs posted:

A few decades ago some guy had a dream about his children being judged not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

Thankfully, he was completely unimportant so we can ignore him & instead focus on "White guys do a thing like this. Black guys do a thing like THIIIIIIS" instead.

Lol what are you even blabbing about.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Good call on her terrible frames though.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

dsriggs posted:

He also had a few things to say about white dudes like you. Do you remember what they are?

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
I'm so sorry OP if you came here to rally support for that now private video about decrying manspreading and White Privilege because man oh man.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

i will never stop mansplaining

TheShrike
Oct 30, 2010

Junkfist posted:

I'm so sorry OP if you came here to rally support for that now private video about decrying manspreading and White Privilege because man oh man.

Nah I came here to laugh at the outrage white people had about the video but apparently I don't even have to go outside of the thread to see the same thing lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conch Shell Corp
Feb 24, 2009

• Locked thread