Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
It's Lena Dunham time

http://ew.com/news/2016/12/20/lena-dunham-abortion-comment/

quote:

While hosting Women of the Hour, the Girls creator recalled a visit to a Texas Planned Parenthood years ago, during which a girl asked her to share her experience with abortion.

“I sort of jumped. ‘I haven’t had an abortion,’ I told her. I wanted to make it really clear to her that, as much as I was going out and fighting for other women’s options, I myself had never had an abortion,”recalled Dunham, 30.

“And I realized then that even I was carrying within myself stigma around this issue. Even I, the woman who cares as much as anybody about a woman’s right to choose, felt that it was important that people know that I was unblemished in this department.”

She commended her loved ones, who have had to have abortions, for their “bravery” and “self-knowledge,” adding that she has realized her need to put her own stigma surrounding the issue “in the garbage.”

She concluded, “Now I can say that I still haven’t had an abortion, but I wish I had.”

Listeners soon took to Twitter to accuse the actress of trivializing an “awful” procedure.

Lena Dunham is a reminder that abortion is always an option

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conch Shell Corp
Feb 24, 2009

lol that theres a man out there who could gain a bonner/erection and CUM inside lena dunham in the first place to even make her pregnant this world is hosed lmao

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

in on the ground floor of a 200 page thread

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Who would've thought that out of all the women who've had abortions, the real victim is a woman who's never had one.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 20 days!
Who is Lena Dunham and why does she keep showing up in GBS?

edit:

quote:

She concluded, “Now I can say that I still haven’t had an abortion, but I wish I had.”
Oh okay, nevermind.

mom and dad fight a lot fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Dec 21, 2016

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
that explains her behavior with her sister, I guess

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

gbs has a lot of fat guys I don't think this drum should be beat so righteously anymore

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

Its all transferrence from just hating Jastiger so much anyway lets level

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

8-Bit Scholar posted:

It's Lena Dunham time

http://ew.com/news/2016/12/20/lena-dunham-abortion-comment/

Lena Dunham is a reminder that abortion is always an option

god what a sack of poo poo. No one really wants to have an abortion, its circumstances and various other stuff. i am pro choice as heck but i still dont view abortion as some adventure, its a sad loving thing. but this fat rich oval office views it as new expirence. gently caress her.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

Abortion is actually a routine medical procedure

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
30? Is it too late to abort her?

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln
She probably has kids out there that she doesn't even know about.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

in on the ground floor of a 200 page thread

Genderfluent
Jul 15, 2015

https://twitter.com/Lowenaffchen/status/771814216256872448

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
isnt the last thread about gbs hating lena dunham still going

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
I care deeply about this and like to read about these people I have nothing in common with and will never meet to work myself up.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
Lena dung ham

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Isn't it really hard to get pregnant when you've got PCOS?

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

emoji posted:

I care deeply about this and like to read about these people I have nothing in common with and will never meet to work myself up.

Most JEWS never met HITLER either!!

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
if i cared enough about lena durnman to read an article and make a thread about it id be a huge retard

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

i dont like ehr

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Usually I would say it is weird to take part in any sort of hatedom around someone like Lena Dunham, but then I stray into internet circles where she is worshipped and revered in a style usually reserved for people like Ghandi or Jesus, and I start feeling uncomfortable, in the same way the party insisting 2 + 2 = 5 is meant to make you uncomfortable.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

Well quit going to the Bilderberg meetings then

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
At least room 101 is a reindoctrination program, not something they queued up to willingly.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
GBS Hates Women

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
What's a gagortion?

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

GBS Hates Themselves

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
shes very brave :downsa:

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos
*bursts into thread out of breath* Lena Dunham seems awful, but so do people who think about how bad she is for more than ten seconds at a time *sits down, mops forehead, gratefully accepts glass of ice water*

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is

Black Baby Goku posted:

GBS Hates Women

This and also Hello.jpg from the gas chamber

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Enfield posted:

if i cared enough about lena durnman to read an article and make a thread about it id be a huge retard

eheheheh

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
It's pretty funny that she wishes she'd had an abortion at some point for ideological reasons. Strikes me as sort of... whats the word im looking for here... unauthentic?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Jastiger is a national treasure.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Around the time of International Women's Day my national news provider had a bunch of women's rights articles, which were serious articles about genuine issues. But the main one started off by saying that Hillary Clinton and Lena Dunham are the only powerful women the author can think of. It made me uncomfortable in ways I can't explain. Not angry, not hate for Lena Dunham, but a deep restlessness, like there was something that needed to be done.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
For twelve threads, you have been asking: Who is Lena Dunham?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Hot drat! Another Lena Dunham thread!

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
i will shoe my pubes for an abortion

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

EorayMel posted:

For twelve threads, you have been asking: Who is Lena Dunham?

who

who is it

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I"ll gladly pay you tuesday for an abortion today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
i have a coupon for abortions but its "buy 3 and get the 4th half off"