Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
While eating brunch with a couple women from my office today, we started talking about our favorite trash food from the 90s. The woman I have a crush on mentioned her favorite food was Franco-American's Garfield Raviolis, but these have been discontinued for like 15 years, so there is basically no hope of ever eating them again. She came over to house to hang out last week for a few hours and this brunch was at her house and we hung out with a few other ladies from work and played some board games before I left a few hours later.

So after an hour of research at home, I discovered:
~There is not a single loving can of Garfield Raviolis on all of E-Bay/Amazon/Ali Baba but...
~Franco-American is a subsidiary of Campbell's Soups
~Once they lost the Garfield license, they sold the recipe to Campbells
~Campbells re-released them as 'Raviolios'
~You can buy 12-packs of them from Amazon

So here I am, dropping $20 on children's junk food from 15 years ago in the earnest-yet-palpably-misguided attempt to impress this person and get them to think I'm sweet enough to go on a real date with. If this gets me even one dinner it's a total success, if it makes things weird at the office everyone will have a soft laugh at my expense and I'll probably stop getting invited to lunch for a while, but if someone surprised ME with, like, big box of Waffle Crisp or 3D Doritos, there is no telling how grateful I'd be...

Goons, what dumb loser bullshit have you pulled to try to impress someone before?

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Mar 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
~See: post history

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I'm posting in your thread :kiddo:

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
I've never in my life tried to impress anyone, sorry. I had a coke dealer tell me that he used to have sex with a 1000 women every year when he lived in Philly and that he had every woman that he slept with give him their panties and also let him snap a photo of them holding up their panties. Then he would take the panties and photo and put em up on a huge corkboard that he kept on the wall of his bedroom. Which, lmao, where to even start with that lie. It's probably the most flagrantly untrue thing I've ever had anyone tell me in what I assume was a misguided attempt to impress me.

Caredresser
Oct 10, 2012

by zen death robot
Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

=============================================================================
=============================================================================

Guys, I built a containment wall to stop this thread from continuing. You. Are. Welcome.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Jim Barris posted:

I've never in my life tried to impress anyone, sorry. I had a coke dealer tell me that he used to have sex with a 1000 women every year when he lived in Philly and that he had every woman that he slept with give him their panties and also let him snap a photo of them holding up their panties. Then he would take the panties and photo and put em up on a huge corkboard that he kept on the wall of his bedroom. Which, lmao, where to even start with that lie. It's probably the most flagrantly untrue thing I've ever had anyone tell me in what I assume was a misguided attempt to impress me.
Gene Simmons has a scrapbook like this. He's so gross.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bust Rodd posted:

While eating brunch with a couple women from my office today, we started talking about our favorite trash food from the 90s. The woman I have a crush on mentioned her favorite food was Franco-American's Garfield Raviolis, but these have been discontinued for like 15 years, so there is basically no hope of ever eating them again. She came over to house to hang out last week for a few hours and this brunch was at her house and we hung out with a few other ladies from work and played some board games before I left a few hours later.

~There is not a single loving can of Garfield Raviolis on all of E-Bay/Amazon/Ali Baba but...

So here I am, dropping $20 on children's junk food from 15 years ago in the earnest-yet-palpably-misguided attempt to impress this person and get them to think I'm sweet enough to go on a real date with. If this gets me even one dinner it's a total success, if it makes things weird at the office everyone will have a soft laugh at my expense and I'll probably stop getting invited to lunch for a while, but if someone surprised ME with, like, big box of Waffle Crisp or 3D Doritos, there is no telling how grateful I'd be...

Goons, what dumb loser bullshit have you pulled to try to impress someone before?

Just ask her out dude she's already coming to your house to hang out ffs lmao

Did a bunch of poo poo when I was an idiot 8-14 year old, nothing really specific comes to mind though other than one time in grade school I put a bunch of tin foil on my fingers thinking I looked like some impressive supervillain dude but in reality I looked like an idiot with tinfoil on his fingers.

Tomato Burger
Jun 18, 2007
The secret is granola.

Bust Rodd posted:

So here I am, dropping $20 on children's junk food from 15 years ago in the earnest-yet-palpably-misguided attempt to impress this person and get them to think I'm sweet enough to go on a real date with. If this gets me even one dinner it's a total success, if it makes things weird at the office everyone will have a soft laugh at my expense and I'll probably stop getting invited to lunch for a while

There had better be at least some minimal level of mutual attraction here or things will get really cringey really quickly. Think this through from the other person's perspective (and post a trip report if you do go through with it). At least you'll have 11 cans of not-Garfield ravioli at the end of the day.

I used to study and get good grades in hopes that the ladies would like me. That is not that road to success except in very narrow circumstances.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

i killed tupac

Tane
Feb 27, 2005

didn't kill myself 10 years ago

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Bust Rodd posted:

this is really cute. you're really cute. this will make a cute story if/when you two ever work out.

One time I was running down the halls in school, it was winter so the linoleum was covered in a thick layer of salty grit that made everything slippery as hell. I tripped on a pile of backpacks, ended up sliding on my thigh-length winter coat another few yards, sliding to a stop in front of my entire bible study class. The teacher stared at me for long enough that I was able to muster a fingerguns-and-wink. Everyone assumed it was deliberate so of COURSE I got suspended. NO ONE thought it was cool.

also one time i got married.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
eat the booty like groceries

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Emote

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Post in GBS

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

This is a really dumb idea and she's gonna be weirded out by you

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Cum and then eat said cum

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
I raised my hand in class once to answer a question

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Just ask her out, you dumbass.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Never take anime pictureframe's advice for anything. I have a scheme. Pm me we've got a lot of work to do

general anime
Jan 8, 2013

by Lowtax

Bust Rodd posted:

Good luck, dude. I truly hope it works out :)

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
ive been banned twice for posting goatse in gbs, but both of those threads were goldmined so

it was worth it

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib
dang op

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
do what now

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

the dumbest thing i ever did for attention was post the shittiest loving thread that ever existed

oh no wait that was the op

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib
I like how the op owns himself by exposing his lame rear end attempt to hold hands with a girl

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

the dumbest thing i ever did for attention was post the shittiest loving thread that ever existed

oh no wait that was the op

This post is a contender though

I once did this crazy thing where a girl gave me her number, so I called her and her mom told me she wasn't there even though I could clearly hear her in the background, so I severed all ties. A few years later I saw her at walmart, and her face brightened up and she said my name. I made eye contact, prolonged it a bit, and walked away.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

fakeaccount posted:

This post is a contender though

I once did this crazy thing where a girl gave me her number, so I called her and her mom told me she wasn't there even though I could clearly hear her in the background, so I severed all ties. A few years later I saw her at walmart, and her face brightened up and she said my name. I made eye contact, prolonged it a bit, and walked away.

lol nice self own

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
one time i peed in a girls bed

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

dad gay. so what posted:

WHAT WAS HIS NAME

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

WHAT WAS HIS NAME

sergio

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

lol nice self own

thank you sir

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I just posted this.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

dad gay. so what posted:

one time a girl peed in my bed

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

GastonEatTheEggs
Nov 7, 2012

Lol Mondays am I right?

Highest Cactus
Jul 25, 2007

News: Mysterious illegal cookies seized. "Tastes terrible," says police.

One time I was riding my bike home from high school and I saw a group of girls so I slammed on my front brake to do a stoppie and I went completely rear end over tea kettle on the sidewalk. But they definitely noticed me, so try that

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!
op you're puttng yourself in the friend zone, but hey go for it

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Ignore the haters, op. This is a good tactic, assuming she's 250+ lbs. But otherwise you have no hope anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Piss de Bundy posted:

ive been banned twice for posting goatse in gbs, but both of those threads were goldmined so

it was worth it

Same but only probated

• Locked thread