Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
There's a brand of internet personality out there that manages to suck even harder than youtube lifestyle vloggers, and that's the internet culture warrior. They're often associated with the gamergate and the alt-right/alt-lite, and they tend to have audiences on twitter that branch out into video, sometimes livestreaming themselves getting maced and sometimes youtubing about how mad they are about the current size of video game boobs (too small).

Aside from being famous for getting mad at video games a few years ago, they think that they have some huge amount of influence through the power of memes and that having hundreds of RTs and favs from complete shut in losers means they are making their political views cool. They are also all remarkably stupid and they all say and do unintentionally hilarious things all the loving time.

Baked Alaska

I don't know or care about his real name. He managed to get fired from Buzzfeed and has since published the book above featuring the image of Pepe, which he used completely unlicensed and is being sued for by the original author. He has justified this use as being legal because he got somebody else to draw it for him, therefore it's not a copyright violation. Also, he got Lowtax banned from twitter forever.

A few of his crimes:

He got really close to saying a lot of overtly nazi poo poo until he got maced in Charlottesville, then he started tweeting poo poo like "we have to come together as a country" after everybody laughed at him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2_xMdgOPTE

He tried to sue Al Jazeera for cropping a photo he posted:

He has recently been harassing people on the street and then failing to try to get them arrested when they grab at his phone:

https://twitter.com/VicBergerIV/status/915285948367335424

Ian Miles Cheong

A guy from Malaysia who is a white supremacist or something, he is constantly crying about video games online. He used to write for Heat Street. He used to be a nazi. Then he was a SJW. Now maybe he's alt-lite. It was literally a review of the video game Witcher 3 that made him stop being a SJW or something.. Let's actually have him define his own politics, though:

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/791030010358304768?lang=en

He's basically a friendless loser who lives permanently seated in his gaming chair surrounded by millions of ants that infest his apartment.

A few of his crimes:

This tweet:
https://twitter.com/classiclib3ral/status/912667942826991616

Doesn't know how girls work:
https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/899454523558699009

Got bullied by Chelsea Manning:
https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/886949903967989761

Sits in his gaming chair and writes this:
https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/904206364053979136

Used the term "heated gaming moment" unironically:
https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/906941519780732928

Mike Cernovich
https://twitter.com/queertardo/status/891249305952153600

He's the guy who invented the gorilla mindset, which is just another lovely self-help thing but with some weird biotruth bullshit added in. He's also a rapist.

His non-rape (mostly) crimes:

Doesn't shower

Pulls out his dick in public

Goes to the gym and does this while wearing this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbDCxj39giE

It's also worth noting that he's a steroid user and looks like that.

He has a funny speech impediment and read his own audiobook. I scrubbed to a random spot in the book, which is available in full on Youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fjh5gknoRb4&t=3449s

Please post updates when these idiots and other similar idiots do and say funny things on the internet in this thread. Thank you, internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Obligatory https://milkleaks.com

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Baked Alaska getting repeatedly owned is like the only good thing about Twitter

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah they both could use a good nap and a time out.

Significant Ant
Jun 14, 2017

by R. Guyovich
all of cernovichs work out advice videos are pretty good and you should totally do this at the gym

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3ai3oV7Nh4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meNfQoNJsPg

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Face it, these guys are basically the social justice warriors they decry, except somehow lamer.

The raw humor value of their constant self-ownage is the only positive quality.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

So youve never boned a chick in a car before OP? Are you a virgin or something

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

The guy who made the unite the right rally that got Baked Alaska maced was arrested for self-owning:

http://www.whsv.com/content/news/Unite-the-Right-organizer-Jason-Kessler-indicted-for-perjury-449277463.html

quote:

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (WCAV) Jason Kessler, the organizer of the deadly Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville, has been indicted by an Albemarle County grand jury on a felony perjury charge.

According to court records, the charge stems from a sworn statement he made in January.

Kessler gave a statement to a magistrate on Jan. 23, 2017, claiming that he was assaulted by James Taylor on the Downtown Mall while trying to gather signatures for his petition to get Wes Bellamy removed from the Charlottesville City Council.

However, Kessler later pleaded guilty to assaulting Taylor and charges were dismissed against Taylor.

Kessler admitted to punching Taylor in the face after a confrontation over his petition.

"He and his buddy came over, they scribbled on my petition and vandalized it," said Kessler. "James didn't want to have a conversation with me, he yelled you're a....and he called me a name. I felt threatened and I hit him to get him away from me."

On the other hand, Taylor says he was simply killing time on the mall with his dog and a cup of coffee.

"He handed me his clipboard so I could read it and I handed it back to him," said Taylor. "I said what I said to him and he didn't like it."

Taylor and Kessler both say curse words were exchanged before Kessler punched Taylor in the face, busting his lip.

Kessler went on to say, "Man to man, yell in a man's face and expect to get punched in the face."

When asked in April about the dropped charges and his accusations of assault against Taylor, Kessler walked away from reporters.

"I'll admit that what I did was not legal," Kessler said earlier that day, though. "I was having a bad day. I've never done anything like this before and it will never happen again."

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

I like how Ian Miles Cheong's profile picture makes him look like a svelte young man but really he's a dumpy fatso

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Verisimilidude posted:

I like how Ian Miles Cheong's profile picture makes him look like a svelte young man but really he's a dumpy fatso

Similarly, Paul Joseph Watson, the infowars guy afraid of fireworks, sinister looking Christian teens, and leaving his apartment.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
baked alaska did an interview with NPR I think maybe APM but it was pretty funny the person interviewing him was just insanely dunking on him and like by the end he was pretty much like "uuuh yeah im actually a big ole piece of poo poo youre right"

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

what does baked Alaska actually do

like how did he get famous? so famous that he ended up on NPR and has websites dedicated to his shittiness

I literally would have never heard about him if it weren't for that time he sprayed himself with pepper spray

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

There's got to be some quality Milo stuff to come, even with his account killed. The true king of the self own.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Verisimilidude posted:

like how did he get famous? so famous that he ended up on NPR and has websites dedicated to his shittiness

I literally would have never heard about him if it weren't for that time he sprayed himself with pepper spray

like an unfuckable Kardashian

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
Im glad I didn't understand any of that OP

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Verisimilidude posted:

he wrote a catchy song, and doesn't look like a troglodyte

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Verisimilidude posted:

milk, I need milk - youtube remix.mp3

milllllk

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Verisimilidude posted:

I guess basically he just "trolls" antifa by going to groups of people protesting white nationalist poo poo and trying really hard to be as offensive as possible so that someone punches him and then he can talk about free speech and how antifa super bad and is just as or more violent than nazis, but he isnt a nazi. That is basically the gist of what I understood from his interview

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe
why did you make a big thread about them if they suck so much just to make fun of them? i guess thats it

but yeah some of them suck hard, some suck yet hold opinions i agree with sometimes, and some are just legit awesome and you should follow them (chris ray gun, atheism is unstoppable aka devon tracey, sargon is okay, vernaculis, the channel counter arguments is sorta loosely affiliated).

i think the whole "anything on youtube is categorically bad" attitude is pretty gay and lazy and weak imho op. youtube is like insanely popular now, i think just by raw statistics there has to be a FEW people who use it and are good

if you really wanna stick it to these guys make a channel and make response videos to them, i'd unironically love to watch them!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Baked Alaska

He got really close to saying a lot of overtly nazi poo poo until he got maced in Charlottesville, then he started tweeting poo poo like "we have to come together as a country"

baked alaska definitely maced himself. you can tell because there is no footage of the actual attack despite him being surrounded by his buddies who were all filming and live streaming as it happened (none of them were maced either, which is mysterious). also he was in the hospital one day facing likely permanent eye damage and the next day it miraculously healed and he was released. also if he had been maced you know he would not ever shut up about it but since charlottesville he hasn't said much about "being maced"

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Mike Cernovich

He's the guy who invented the gorilla mindset, which is just another lovely self-help thing but with some weird biotruth bullshit added in.

this guy pretends to be a big strong alpha male but he lives off his ex-wife's alimony because she's a corporate lawyer who makes shitloads of money and he's some idiot who writes self help books for internet nerds about how to be a tough manly man

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

WHERE ARE MY PEOPLE cemented Baked as my favorite, really.

And that loose change thing with whether he got maced or not.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

boner confessor posted:

this guy pretends to be a big strong alpha male but he lives off his ex-wife's alimony because she's a corporate lawyer who makes shitloads of money and he's some idiot who writes self help books for internet nerds about how to be a tough manly man

lol I totally forgot about that

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Secular Humanist posted:

why did you make a big thread about them if they suck so much just to make fun of them? i guess thats it

but yeah some of them suck hard, some suck yet hold opinions i agree with sometimes, and some are just legit awesome and you should follow them (chris ray gun, atheism is unstoppable aka devon tracey, sargon is okay, vernaculis, the channel counter arguments is sorta loosely affiliated).

I like to share the laughs with my friends in GBS. Also who the hell are those guys

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Other good people to add to this thread would be #TheResistance types like Jen Kirkman who recently sent out a 100+ tweet thread about how much she hates Bernie Sanders while on an amphetamine binge and Louise Mensch, who fired her lawyer over twitter because he corrected a guy who tweets made up garbage about Trump all day.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Secular Humanist posted:

aww, poor Trumpfucker doesn't understand why we're laughing at pathetic people

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Secular Humanist posted:

i think the whole "anything on youtube is categorically bad" attitude is pretty gay and lazy and weak imho op. youtube is like insanely popular now, i think just by raw statistics there has to be a FEW people who use it and are good

if you really wanna stick it to these guys make a channel and make response videos to them, i'd unironically love to watch them!

anyone who enjoys watching nerds ramble on abou ttheir lovely politics on youtube would be better off just talking to themselves in a mirror but i can understand the bleak horror a nerd might face if they spend too long staring at a mirror lol

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
im doing my part as an internet culture warrior this afternoon by sending tweets to HAARP people telling them I poo poo my pants :patriot:

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Nooner posted:

im doing my part as an internet culture warrior this afternoon by sending tweets to HAARP people telling them I poo poo my pants :patriot:

Homosexual retired people did nothing to you, Nooner

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
kinda dumb starting a beef with Vic Berger. that man snatched Jeb!'s soul right out of his body.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Secular Humanist posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9E2iEi6vMY

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

what I want to know is how I hop on that sweet Liberal Zergmen posting mafia train

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Don't know these people but I get the sense they are in desperate lack of positive female attention in their lives y/n?

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Lol at people defending Internet atheists

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

i like that posted:

Don't know these people but I get the sense they are in desperate lack of positive female attention in their lives y/n?

Well, duh

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

boner confessor posted:

this guy pretends to be a big strong alpha male but he lives off his ex-wife's alimony because she's a corporate lawyer who makes shitloads of money

That sounds badass though

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

i like that posted:

Yes, and also you just reminded me that during one of their Charlottesville livestreams, the cameraboy crowed and focused uncomfortably on "WE HAVE A REAL LIVE GIRL HERE! A GIRRRL!" as she walked past, shielding her face from the camera.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

i like that posted:

Cernovich used to be married but was so obsessed with making bullshit internet videos she divorced his rear end.

GORILLA MINDSET

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
so alpha male i disgusted my wife to the point that she would rather pay me tens of thousands of dollars a month in spousal support than live under the same roof as me

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Lol remember when baked Alaska got his phone knocked out of his hand and literally no one but anonymous internet dwellers did anything to help him

Even the cops were like "nah"

And then he started getting harassed by the club bouncers and manager because he's a creepy weirdo who deserves multiple rear end whoopings?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Baked Alaska tried to hit on a 13 year old cosplay girl who obviously had about 50 IQ points on him.

• Locked thread