Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
When Benjamin Franklin wasn't getting struck by lightning or bangin' whoores he was busy creating the first political cartoons, but it took him awhile to get it right.

Often the earliest political cartoons were very crude to appeal to the drunk and illiterate masses.

By the Great Depression political cartoons had grown to convey complex and important messages.

Recently many people have accused political cartoons of being nonsensical and intentionally divisive.

Have you goons seen any lesser known political cartoons out there that you would like to share?
Infographics, Chyrons and all other random political poo poo is welcome, but if you have something to say, put it in a photoshop!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

:five:

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
*unreal wicked sick*

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

:vince:

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

i'm the yellow coloring in the "sploosh"

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Stuck. You folk are 100 times funnier then Kelly already. Maybe even more!

When this thread is done I'll tweet them all at The Onion.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jun 11, 2018

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Also gently caress lol

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Lmao

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

:perfect:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

:five:

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I don't understand the hat joke at all, but you guys all seem to get it so I guess it's some kind of inside joke. I hope to be a part of one of those some day.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Kharmakazy posted:

I don't understand the hat joke at all, but you guys all seem to get it so I guess it's some kind of inside joke. I hope to be a part of one of those some day.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3857461

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Kharmakazy posted:

It's ok bud I missed huge green grapes

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

That thread owned so hard

SniperWoreConverse posted:

It's ok bud I missed huge green grapes

I did

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

when making a UK political cartoon, it is necessary that at least 3 objects be labelled BREXIT and the people be melting wax ogres

Matlack Radio
Jun 2, 2006

:goatsecx:

EDIT: You know better than this!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

Never did I think I would use the word "subtle" to describe a Ben Garrison cartoon, but bravo.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I see a very specific demographic in this image.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I remember this bee from somewhere, but don't remember the exact story. Can someone help?

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Someone pls edit the one where Jon drinks dog cum so he yells "I hate the Matriarchy" after guzzling a mugful.

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Jun 11, 2018

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

comrades, we must unite against the real enemy

free hubcaps fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Jun 11, 2018

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

Paladinus posted:

I remember this bee from somewhere, but don't remember the exact story. Can someone help?

Autistic MMO and Libertarians-In-Space game Eve Online. Goonswarm was the biggest faction in the whole game for quite a while, and ended up being a big deal. The bee+cigar at the bottom is the logo for Goonswarm. Here's a Know Your Meme link.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Replace Korner Kelly with Korner Kanadian Anthropomorphic Talking Duck! :colbert:

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

free hubcaps posted:

comrades, we must unite against the real enemy

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Amazing.:ck5:

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

When I blanked out the words on George Cruikshank's "The AGE of REASON or the World turned Topsy-turvy exemplified in Tom Paines WORKS!! (Dedicated to the Archbishop of CARLILE ____ !!!)":

I noticed that there was no need to add or change anything, because it's basically a universal template for a conservative "draw normal or good things as if they are bad" political cartoon and therefore a photoshop thread in and of itself:

I suppose it might need to label Johnny Turk as MUSLIMS and the heathen chinaman as IMMIGRANTS so modern bigots can tell which is which, but that's nitpicking really

UNIVERSAL SUFFRAGE !!!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

I agree with this.

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

There's a funny one from the war of 1812 with John Bull physically kicking Uncle Sams rear end ("Valourious British VICTORY over the Boastful YANKEES!!!" or something) that I'm not sure how to repurpose, but for the most part his stuff can be modernized just by changing the caption and you don't even have to change it much because it's still whining about the same basic things

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

It’s perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008