Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Tonight, at 7:20 pm US Central Time (that's +6 UDT for you ferriners), the Dallas Cowboys will play host to the New Orleans Saints. It's being billed as the biggest matchup of the week, and that may very well be true, although Sunday does have Minnesota @ New England and the Chargers @ Steelers.

New Orleans is coming into this game at 10-1, having lost the first game of the season against peak Fitzmagic. They lead the league in points scored, points differential, win streak, virtually every passing efficiency stat that matters, and rushing defense. They are in a three way tie for first in fewest turnovers allowed. No team is better on 4th down, and the Saints have only failed to convert once so far this year. Their rushing attack is 7th in the league in total yardage. Their greatest weakness is against the pass, but for the past month, most of those yards given up have come in garbage time. Drew Brees is having the greatest season of his hall of fame career, and if things keep up at this rate, it would be counted among the best seasons a quarterback has ever had. This team is playing incredibly well, and is the current Vega odds favorite to win the Super Bowl.

Football Outsiders only thinks they're kind of okay, I guess, if you like dome teams.

The Dallas Cowboys are 6-5, but their recent play is far better than their mediocre record would suggest. Their rushing attack has a slight edge over New Orleans', they protect the ball well, and rank 4th in the NFL when it comes to giving up the ball. They have the third best defense when it comes to points allowed. Just as importantly, they have won their past three games, and have forced themselves into contention to win the NFC East after salvaging what had seemed like a lost season. The Cowboys want to make a statement tonight, and what better way than to pin only the second loss of the season on the hottest team in the league.

To do that, Dallas will have to match their excellent defense against a complex, efficient, and explosive attack. Their best bet is to generate a few turnovers, score touchdowns almost every time they get into the red zone, and play solid ball control offense. Fortunately, this week they've enlisted the help of a wily and accomplished veteran who knows all about taking on the Saints.

I'm speaking, of course, about Sketch Zephyr.

A.o.D. fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Nov 30, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

*bangs gavel*

Gentlemen, before this thread gangs way in earnest, I would like to propose we all engage in a hearty round of saying "gently caress the Cowboys." All in favor, say "aye." All opposed, say "gently caress the Cowboys."

Aye.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im gonna be real mad when Sketch Zephyr runs wild so instead I light the candles on my santaria shrine to beg for the spirits favor to gently caress the cowboys

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
No team needs to be hosed more than the cowboys.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I wish Tony Romo were still playing!!!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Quiet Feet posted:

*bangs gavel*

Gentlemen, before this thread gangs way in earnest, I would like to propose we all engage in a hearty round of saying "gently caress the Cowboys." All in favor, say "aye." All opposed, say "gently caress the Cowboys."

Aye.

dilly dilly

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Go the Cowboys

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

COOOOOOOOWWWWWWBBBOOOOOOOYYYYSSSSS!!!!!!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Quiet Feet posted:

*bangs gavel*

Aye.

WHO DAT!!!

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Are you ready for some clownball? A broadcast TV embarrassment? Yes Yes Yes

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
I'm excited for tonight's slaughter

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

Lol how many home prime time games do the cowboys get

snack eater
Aug 25, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Will Troy Aikman get in trouble for saying McDonald's makes you fat

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.
drat Troy, you're not wrong but there's no need to call out your teammates for getting fat.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Expecting a beating here

Would be nice to be surprised though

420_Power_Rangers
Dec 9, 2014

Gotta Hate Something

Kanish posted:

Lol how many home prime time games do the cowboys get

All of them, because they’re AMERICA’S TEAM the team America deserves

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
I'm stuck at work until 8, will probably be halftime before I get home and hook up the rabbit ears. Suck it full-game-watchers :flip:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I ate a calzone 2 hours ago and it's just sitting in my stomach like a bowling ball. How am I supposed to get through all this beer now?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Hey yall, I'm excited

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Takes No Damage posted:

I'm stuck at work until 8, will probably be halftime before I get home and hook up the rabbit ears. Suck it full-game-watchers :flip:

LOL you have a job.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I forgot Drew Brees was a Westlake guy lol gently caress him

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Im.
loving.
Excited.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Lol my girlfriend and I just had the same dialog

Had no idea

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I hope Dak and Zeke gently caress up a hand off so bad that Zeke Carrie's Dak's still beating heart 20 yards while a shocked Dak Prescott looks in disbelief at the football that's embedded in his chest.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
gently caress all Texas sports teams

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
Go Not The Cowboys

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Zeekdozer: Engaged.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Nice tackle on Cooper there.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Quiet Feet posted:

I hope Dak and Zeke gently caress up a hand off so bad that Zeke Carrie's Dak's still beating heart 20 yards while a shocked Dak Prescott looks in disbelief at the football that's embedded in his chest.

:lol:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

More like... Amari POOPER

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

lol gently caress westlake

I have a good number of friends from there but gently caress it anyway

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Jason Garrett looks like a carrot.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

Lol my girlfriend and I just had the same dialog

Had no idea

Get excited, sir

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Heard there were Cowboys to gently caress itt

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Woot!

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

This drive looks... good??

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Dallas converts a 3rd and long, good start?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Dang, saints bottle Zeke up there

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

This drive looks... good??

WHAT THE gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Awesome