Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

1. Alehkhs [Endgamed Night 4]
  2. Anomalous Amalgam [Killed Night 3]
  3. CirclMastr [Lynched Day 4]
  4. Epsilon Plus [Lynched Day 1]
  5. GulagDolls [Killed Night 2; Victory!]
  6. Hal Incandenza [Endgamed Night 4]
  7. imgay [Killed Night 3]
  8. Ixtlilton [Killed Night 2]
  9. Jonathan Fisk Monathin [Victory!]
  10. Mr. Humalong [Lynched Day 2]
  11. SalTheBard [Endgamed Night 4]
  12. SolusLunes [Killed Night 1]
  13. Somberbrero [Victory!]

October has fallen on the taiga, and the sparsely falling snows of early autumn have given way to the slowly accumulating drifts that will soon blanket the landscape in icy white. With the snow comes the end of the season for visitors to the empty north, as the rural airstrips close and the bush pilots migrate south for the winter. The Wednesday Goose is a particularly large airplane for the town of Moose Lake; it can ferry an entire fourteen passengers and cargo back to Fairbanks in its last trip of the year. The last stragglers make their way into town as the snow begins to fall once more, all strangers to one another and, given the noisy flight, likely to remain so. As the Goose takes off into the frosty sky, a howl echoes across the still landscape.

Cold Distance is a mafia game for 13 players. Standard mafia rules are in effect. Lurker rules are in effect: you should try to post at least a few time every irl day. Don't sign up if you aren't going to make an earnest effort to participate. If you don't make at least 10 content posts each day, you will first be put on probation, then freely dunkable. Finally, try not to be a jerk. Mafia can get heated, but avoid making the game miserable for other people by acting like a jackass.

Fluff is just for fun and I'm actively trying to avoid giving away information with it. Let's get ready to freeze to death!

Discord for gamelog

Setup

fool of sound fucked around with this message at 04:47 on May 19, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Gonna do it to em https://coolinterestingstuff.com/the-strange-mystery-of-alfred-loewenstein

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
*The rising chittering of a grotesque horde coalesces into the agonized, deafening roar of a legion*

"It's ya boy, AA, once again entering a world of survival horror."

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I just moved out of Minnesota, I'm immune to cold weather. Let's rock.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Hi I'll play.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I'll play. Hopefully AA won't murder me this time when I'm trying to be helpful :-P

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i play

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

SalTheBard posted:

I'll play. Hopefully AA won't murder me this time when I'm trying to be helpful :-P

:downsgun:

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I play gaem

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I will play

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

sure I'll do this, I will post my way into a shallow grave by being scummy as town/scum

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I will join on this adventure!

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
Sign me up!

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Got room left?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

imgay posted:

Got room left?

yup!

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Only need one more person! Tell your friends!

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
I will Mafia.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
OK that's everyone. I'll send out role PMs tonight. Make sure you've joined the discord if you haven't already.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

DAY 0

The temperature dropped rapidly in the cabin, and a sense of foreboding fell across the passengers as their breath crystalized in front of them. Out the window, the frozen skies had darkened with angry black clouds, heavy with ice and lightning. One of the passengers went to talk to the pilot, and you heard her voice become increasingly desperate until the onrushing blizzard drown her out entirely. The plane shook and bounced, the elderly and rapidly chilling joints groaning under the strain. The engines whined as the propellers froze in place and the cabin lights failed, the only illumination provided by the lashes of lightning outside. The metal cried, screamed, and with a final screech a wing tore away, and the Wednesday Goose spun from the sky.

What happened after was unclear, all you can remember is the all-encompassing noise, the chaotic motion. The Wednesday Goose now lay stricken in the snow, it's passengers goaning as they reoriented themselves. They help one another free of their buckles, and drag the emergency supplies clear. Out on the snow, the pilot stood motionless, bleeding from a dozen wounds and staring into the now clear sky. He swayed, then took off at a sprint. He barely made it thirty yards before he fell. By the time the others reached him, he was dead in a patch of reddened snow, his face blank but his hands clenched so hard that the fingernails has dug into the flesh. Perhaps the stress was too much for him, or maybe his brain was damaged in the crash. The survivors, the fourteen passengers, made camp as best they could, and treated their wounds. Nobody spoke much that day, the arctic night soon fell, and they began their troubled sleep as howls echoed in the distance.

The NPC Tim Bukowski, the Mafia Roleblocker, has died Day 0
---Each night you may ##Block [player]. The target may not use their night powers that night.

:siren:IT IS NOW NIGHT 0. DAY 1 WILL BEGIN WHEN EVERYONE CONFIRMS THEIR ROLE PM WITH ME:siren:

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
DAY 1

The survivors gather shortly after dawn the next morning, stiff from injuries and the persistent cold. After some discussion, it is determined that the group will begin making their way towards the town of Twin Rivers, some fifty miles to the southeast. Moving closer to the town, while a bit more dangerous than staying put, will also make it easier for rescue parties to find you, and ensures that help will be found eventually even if they for whatever reason cannot. After a light breakfast of emergency rations, the group breaks camp, and it is only then that they notice one of their number, a young, haunted looking but very friendly young man, is missing. A search party hunts for him, but no trace can be found other than a couple drops of blood on the snow some distance away.

The NPC Kenneth Pines, the Town Governor, has died Night 0
---Once per game, during the day, you may ##Pardon [player] to render them immune to execution for the remainder of the day. This must be used BEFORE the vote passes.

:siren:Deadline for Day 1 is set for 12:00am est on May 7th.:siren:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (13): Alehkhs, Anomalous Amalgam, CirclMastr, Epsilon Plus, GulagDolls, Hal Incandenza, imgay, Ixtlilton, Jonathan Fisk, Mr. Humalong, SalTheBard, SolusLunes, Somberbrero

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 06th, 2019 at noon EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 13 hours.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hey so lets get it started ##vote hal game solved lets thanos it

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

hello in the interest of MASS CLAIM :buttfame:

I will tell everyone that I have an ability that tells me about SOMEONE'S ACTION

if someone else wants to massclaim with me I will tell you what that action is

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Corrected deadline!

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

imgay posted:

Hey so lets get it started ##vote hal game solved lets thanos it

imgay let's do this let's keep it 100 and fuckin' massclaim this poo poo

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

SolusLunes posted:

hello in the interest of MASS CLAIM :buttfame:

I will tell everyone that I have an ability that tells me about SOMEONE'S ACTION

if someone else wants to massclaim with me I will tell you what that action is

okay I will massclaim also

I am a player in this game of mafia

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

DON'T SHOOT ME I LOVE SPORTS DON'T SHOOT ME I LOVE SPORTS DON'T SHOOT ME I LOVE SPORTS DON'T SHOOT ME I LOVE SPORTS DON'T SHOOT ME I LOVE SPORTS DON'T SHOOT ME I LOVE SPORTS DON'T SHOOT ME I LOVE SPORTS DON'T SHOOT ME I LOVE SPORTS DON'T SHOOT ME I LOVE SPORTS DON'T SHOOT ME I LOVE SPORTS DON'T SHOOT ME I LOVE SPORTS DON'T SHOOT ME I LOVE SPORTS DON'T SHOOT ME I LOVE SPORTS DON'T SHOOT ME I LOVE SPORTS DON'T SHOOT ME I LOVE SPORTS DON'T SHOOT ME I LOVE SPORTS

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Epsilon Plus posted:

okay I will massclaim also

I am a player in this game of mafia

e+ is scum, will not massclaim with me

##vote e+

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'll massclaim I follow through

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

imgay posted:

I'll massclaim I follow through

I feel like you're not willing to commit to the massclaim with me

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

the only thing imgay commits to is his bad posting shtick

gottem

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Epsilon Plus posted:

the only thing imgay commits to is his bad posting shtick

gottem

every imgay post is a treasure, you take your bad opinions and post them in scumchat with:

Fisk
Sal

and possibly your SK broski of:

AA

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I just want to say good luck, we're all counting on you.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
We just gotta peel the foreskin off this game and get it going

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

imgay posted:

We just gotta peel the foreskin off this game and get it going

let's back up a second here

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I'm going to sleep, I don't actually have a follow up to my post.

Too tired for jokes, I hope jokephase is still going when I wake up in about 6 hours!

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

GulagDolls posted:

DON'T SHOOT ME I LOVE SPORTS DON'T SHOOT ME I LOVE SPORTS DON'T SHOOT ME I LOVE SPORTS DON'T SHOOT ME I LOVE SPORTS DON'T SHOOT ME I LOVE SPORTS DON'T SHOOT ME I LOVE SPORTS DON'T SHOOT ME I LOVE SPORTS DON'T SHOOT ME I LOVE SPORTS DON'T SHOOT ME I LOVE SPORTS DON'T SHOOT ME I LOVE SPORTS DON'T SHOOT ME I LOVE SPORTS DON'T SHOOT ME I LOVE SPORTS DON'T SHOOT ME I LOVE SPORTS DON'T SHOOT ME I LOVE SPORTS DON'T SHOOT ME I LOVE SPORTS DON'T SHOOT ME I LOVE SPORTS

Gulag are you sure you're not looking to get shot?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
if ther'es a vig in this game and fool didn't give it to AA i'm quitting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

if ther'es a vig in this game and fool didn't give it to AA i'm quitting

I picked a helluva day to quit sniffing glue.