Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

For me:

⁕Gangsta rap parodies of geeky subjects - this was popular in the early and mid aughts; see this ancient video Star Wars Gangsta Rap for an example
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cp-Ys_iFwnM

⁕Similarly, humor involving old people doing crass or "urban" things - perhaps the most well known example of this is the rapping granny from The Wedding Singer
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tpz5WcCrhR4

⁕The differences between men and women. Really? Is this STILL a thing? Yawwwwn 😴😴

⁕Moments in trailers depicting a character getting clobbered/tripping over/otherwise getting hurt and a cut to an animal cocking its head and visibly/audbily reacting

What are your guys thoughts on the most hackneyed, banal comedy subjects?

NOTE: I probably shouldn't have to say this but I know GBS loves to go for the lowest-common-denominator unoriginal replies... so PLEASE don't say the obvious. ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

That fuckin “smol” and “henlo” way of typing. You know what I’m talking about.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Internet forum posts in 2019.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Crass, over the too, dirty, gross out humor.

(In professional comedy circles, this is known as "working blue".)

Yes, ladies and gentlegoons, I'm a hack.

You've been a great audience, gently caress you and goodnight.

Edit: I'm imagining a certain mod as that guy in the wings with the big hook who pulls the hack comedian off (heheh) stage (in this case via a sixer etc.).

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Sep 11, 2019

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
watch horrible bosses and pay close attention to jason bateman throughout the movie. he does nothing and in the blooper reel that plays during the credits he looks like he cant even tell when something amusing happens and just laughs because everyone else is already laughing. you can see the smile cautiously creep up on his face when the first person laughs and once everyone else is laughing he feels confident to join in
he probably has lots of money from comedy

Mr. Bones
Jan 2, 2011

ain't no law says a skeleton can't play the blues
women be different than men

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

I cringe when I see a comedian/enne take out a ukulele for their set. I also dislike when they take out a sheet of paper to read me a thing for their set; like in e-mail they received, or a listicle that made them laugh-- gimme the gist, not a bedtime story, graaah.

Fagmaster
Aug 21, 2004

- memes/catchphrases
- reference humor
- low effort sex-jokes
- puns

Mr. Bones
Jan 2, 2011

ain't no law says a skeleton can't play the blues
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOmxEBAFHwI

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
That Robot Chicken brand of What if this pop culture thing for kids was totally inappropriate and twisted!

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
Also combining or appending profanity to words.

"Amazeballs"

thetan_guy42
Oct 15, 2016

murdera

Lipstick Apathy

Good Ol Filbert posted:

I cringe when I see a comedian/enne take out a ukulele for their set. I also dislike when they take out a sheet of paper to read me a thing for their set; like in e-mail they received, or a listicle that made them laugh-- gimme the gist, not a bedtime story, graaah.

Just singing comedians in general, and also impressions a la danny gans of las vegas.

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

tha_hotstepper posted:

Just singing comedians in general, and also impressions a la danny gans of las vegas.

Seriously!

If your stand up needs a crutch, do magic

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

The IT Crowd

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Wizard Master posted:

Moments in trailers depicting a character getting clobbered/tripping over/otherwise getting hurt and a cut to an animal cocking its head and visibly/audbily reacting
the clip of the animal turning its head is played in forward and reverse 1-2 times so it looks like it's doing a double take. there is also a slide whistle

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

I hate those white people acoustic covers of hip hop tunes, dunno if they are intended as comedy but they are twee as gently caress and suck rear end

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Everything ever typed into a twitch streams chat

DiscoWitch
Oct 16, 2009

uwu

Fagmaster posted:

- memes/catchphrases
- reference humor
- low effort sex-jokes
- puns

I'm in this photo and I don't like it

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

Gentle Autist posted:

I hate those white people acoustic covers of hip hop tunes, dunno if they are intended as comedy but they are twee as gently caress and suck rear end

:hfive:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Caricature working class/redneck/white trash characters.

Movies whose entire concept is "[CHARACTER] - The Movie" especially but not exclusively when [CHARACTER] is the above. Also gonna make a preemptive exception for Ali G on this one, that was an okay movie.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
A bunch of these are just fish out of water tropes. Someone is doing something unexpected within the context of how we believe they should act.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

everything jeff dunham does

Mordekai
Sep 6, 2006

Salt in the wound eases the soul.
everything lena dunham does

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Prank flowers that squirt when you smell them.

Grillfiend
Nov 29, 2015

Belgians ITT
(ie Me)

OP

Grillfiend
Nov 29, 2015

Belgians ITT
(ie Me)

no, actually it's this kind of post:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
humor? more like poo-mor!

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
interrupting someone else talking by loudly farting

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
heh

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

There's this "child voice" that Latino actors do when they perform skits. I haven't seen an example or a similar thing in English, but it's unsettling and not funny at all, yet it exists since the dawn of time. The voice itself is a little raspy, it's high pitched at the throat, but comes from the chest, usually performed by older male comedians for added "effect".

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Good Ol Filbert posted:

There's this "child voice" that Latino actors do when they perform skits. I haven't seen an example or a similar thing in English, but it's unsettling and not funny at all, yet it exists since the dawn of time. The voice itself is a little raspy, it's high pitched at the throat, but comes from the chest, usually performed by older male comedians for added "effect".

Sounds like Fred Armisen

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
Whatever form of it that Hannah Gadsby is.

Gramercy
Jul 8, 2019

Fagmaster posted:

- memes/catchphrases
- reference humor
- low effort sex-jokes
- puns

Add racist jokes to this and you have my answer; any form someone who calls themselves a 'redditor' finds funny.

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

Kazak posted:

Sounds like Fred Armisen

He probably picked it up hanging with his fellow comediantes. It's so ordinary and hackish, and part of the comedy community.

I did want to high five the tv when a comedienne brought it up during a Eugenio Derbez show. The show's premise was to lock up 10 comedians in a house and have them ante up their own prize money, then they get eliminated as they laugh at the stupid stuff that they do. At one point, somebody started doing the child voice and everybody groaned. The ladies said it gave them "cosa" ("thing", like "the willies"), and I think somebody gave him a playful smack to stop.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Pooping your pants for one

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Good Ol Filbert posted:

He probably picked it up hanging with his fellow comediantes. It's so ordinary and hackish, and part of the comedy community.

I did want to high five the tv when a comedienne brought it up during a Eugenio Derbez show. The show's premise was to lock up 10 comedians in a house and have them ante up their own prize money, then they get eliminated as they laugh at the stupid stuff that they do. At one point, somebody started doing the child voice and everybody groaned. The ladies said it gave them "cosa" ("thing", like "the willies"), and I think somebody gave him a playful smack to stop.

There's a Japanese version of this on Prime. Hitoshi Matsumoto Presents Documental. I recommend it.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Making babies or animals talk.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
White people do things like this.

Black people do things like this

*hold for laughter*

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Ventriloquists for adults. The cute doll is swearing! That's not what cute dolls do! SO CRAZY!

Standup comedians in "wacky" outfits.

Frank loving Sidebottom. I'm glad he's dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
jokes about accidentally incestuous pedication