Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

So I've never done marijuna before and it was legalized in illinois recently so I took this morning to head down to the dispensary and pick up some edibles.
Went to the gym and got home. I didn't ask the people at the dispensary but I looked it up online and somewhere it said to not go over 25mg of thc for a first time. Okay, so I took 20mg worth of gummies.

Well now everywhere I look it's saying 5mg for a first time and I can't even find the original source I saw so I have no idea where that came from.

How hosed am i?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

You’re going to die

Hyped
Jan 28, 2004
RIP OP 2020

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Worst case scenario you're gonna laugh at nothing in particular until your abdomen muscles hurt like hell, then you're gonna puke, and then you're gonna crawl into a dark room and wait to come down. This is what happens to me every time I've touched the stuff and it's why I haven't in years.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

It’s all drum circles and DMT as your higher power from here on out, :rip:

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
You seem fine op, go listen to some music

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Alien Sex Manual posted:

It’s all drum circles and DMT as your higher power from here on out, :rip:

Oh no, I have terrible rhythm :cry:

Burt Sexual posted:

I just took it maybe 20 minutes ago tops, don't think it's kicked in yet.

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed

Garrand posted:

So I've never done marijuna before and it was legalized in illinois recently so I took this morning to head down to the dispensary and pick up some edibles.
Went to the gym and got home. I didn't ask the people at the dispensary but I looked it up online and somewhere it said to not go over 25mg of thc for a first time. Okay, so I took 20mg worth of gummies.

Well now everywhere I look it's saying 5mg for a first time and I can't even find the original source I saw so I have no idea where that came from.

How hosed am i?

pretty hosed dude. like, really hosed.

heres what you do, supposing you can still read:

* get a blanket, make sure that fucker is warm

* gather as many snacks as you can, this is gonna be a rough one and you're gonna need all the snackems you can get your hands on

* sit on the most comfortable thing you can find and turn your phone off

* put on a tv show you like

* chill it out

I have little faith in you, as the simple tasks I've outlined are going to be a mammoth undertaking when you're stoned out of your mind.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
20mg is gonna get you pretty high, but you will be ok. Just watch the simpsons or something, you'll be good.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

sex excellence posted:

pretty hosed dude. like, really hosed.

heres what you do, supposing you can still read:

* get a blanket, make sure that fucker is warm

* gather as many snacks as you can, this is gonna be a rough one and you're gonna need all the snackems you can get your hands on

* sit on the most comfortable thing you can find and turn your phone off

* put on a tv show you like

* chill it out

I have little faith in you, as the simple tasks I've outlined are going to be a mammoth undertaking when you're stoned out of your mind.

This is really solid advice. Have lots of water on hand too.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

No you're fine. I think I've posted this before but I've eaten about a third of this thing before https://www.greenrush.com/dispensar...-koala-t-eddies

and I threw up later but didn't die. It was so much thc that I could start feeling the effects like 15 minutes after I ate it. Was not a good time.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
oh and don't worry nobody is watching you or listening to you and nobody cares you're high

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Really the only thing to keep in mind is that you do NOT need to call an ambulance.

You might feel like you need to call one in about 2 hours, but you're not in any danger and the EMTs will laugh at you. You're gonna be fine, and not calling an ambulance will save you a few thousand bucks. HTH.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Thank you kind goons. I will take your advice and also probably stop posting so I don't get myself in trouble.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
OP the sirens that went past your house definitely know and are coming to get you

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
stay safe op try not to mailorder any pianos

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
You can't overdose on weed man--

Garrand posted:

edibles.

oh yeah you're hosed

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

OP have you ever thought about how the FBI can look at your internet history without a warrant? What did you search for?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Take a shower while high. Feels real good. Also jerking off, but thats obvious.

Doing edibles for your first marijuana experience is probably a poor decision though.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

taking a massive piss feels great too

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Garrand posted:

Thank you kind goons. I will take your advice and also probably stop posting so I don't get myself in trouble.

Keep us updated though because the edibles might take upto an hour to kick in

that's when the police come to arrest you

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

OP, you100% want to walk to the nearest convenience store like 7/11 and act conspicuous while staring at Takis

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

You'll be fine, but I'd stay in since it's your first time. It can be overwhelming if you aren't used to the headspace.

The most common reason people have a bad time is they convince them self that this is going to be forever. Relax. One of the major negatives with high doses of weed is paranoia and being able to dismiss it and move on is a skill you can work on if you like other aspects of a high dose.

Remember this is not forever, you are not going to die, if you panic just breath, maybe sit on the couch put a blanket over your head and listen to some music, it's pretty hard to have a bad time doing that.

5mg is the recommended starting dose because some people are sensitive to it, other people need to eat a ton of take off.

Remember you can't die from eating weed (okay everything has a point, you'd have to eat pounds of raw THC that's not going to happen by accident you're looking at probably several thousand dollars to buy that much). There's plenty of videos of people eating 1,000mg or more (I'm not recommending this by any means). It might help to watch people eat way too much though! So maybe keep that in mind?

If you keep the thread open just post if you start to panic I'm sure someone will help you stay out of panic mode. There's nothing to panic over breath in, breath out. You'll be fine in a few hours.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Clawtopsy posted:

OP, you100% want to walk to the nearest convenience store like 7/11 and act conspicuous while staring at Takis

definitely dont stay inside your comfotable house-- go outside where there's lots of people and they will look like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eekl1wwBsXM&t=24s

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Watch this informative news video OP, it should assuage your fears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpSTrry_5Fo

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Burt Sexual posted:

lol this

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Doing edibles for your first marijuana experience is probably a poor decision though.

Knew plenty of people that did edibles as their first experience and were fine with it. IMO it's better than smoking because nobody understands how to inhale if they're never done it before and the smoke is super harsh so you just end up with people coughing then complaining later that weed doesn't work on them.

also 5mg is a baby dose for little babies. 25mg is fine for a regular person you probably won't even be that high, just play some video games and jerk off or something like you do every other day

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
At worst you'll feel really disoriented, sorta like the spins when you're drunk but not exactly.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Cacator posted:

Watch this informative news video OP, it should assuage your fears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpSTrry_5Fo

Lol I once got really baked and was watching Craig Ferguson (when he was still on late night) and he made some joke during the monologue about viewers being high at home and then put his face really close to the camera. That freaked me the gently caress out

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

FormaldehydeSon posted:

Knew plenty of people that did edibles as their first experience and were fine with it. IMO it's better than smoking because nobody understands how to inhale if they're never done it before and the smoke is super harsh so you just end up with people coughing then complaining later that weed doesn't work on them.

also 5mg is a baby dose for little babies. 25mg is fine for a regular person you probably won't even be that high, just play some video games and jerk off or something like you do every other day

Its more that if they end up just not liking it, then they're stuck being high for much longer.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

pixaal posted:

You'll be fine, but I'd stay in since it's your first time. It can be overwhelming if you aren't used to the headspace.

For real thank you for posts like this,. In all honestly while it is my first time I'm not actually too worried about it, just really curious. It may be just be my hubris but I'm a pretty big (fat, but also kinda tall) guy and even though I don't drink alcohol has never had much of an effect on me.

My actual plan was to take them and start doing house but I guess we'll see how well that works out.

I was kind of hoping that since I haven't eaten anything and also got back from the gym that I could kinda speed things up a little.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Order a pizza, OP, with five different desserts as sides, to cover up the marijuana smell, but wear sunglasses when you go to the door

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

FormaldehydeSon posted:

25mg is fine for a regular person you probably won't even be that high, just play some video games and jerk off or something like you do every other day
I dunno- he said he's never done it ever before. I remember not smoking for a while then having one of those gummies (which actually kick in pretty fast) and it blasted me out of my head for a couple hours.

Just remember OP, the goons will be here for you.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

So I've been trying to analyze how I'm feeling to see whether I actually feel different or just think I'm feeling different. I may be overthinking things

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
literally HERE for you. im in ops closet. BOO.

BoldestCorgi
Jun 23, 2013
If you really did take too much, just get some icewater ready (it will become increasingly delicious) and a blanket and a pillow. Drink the water, take the world's greatest nap and you'll be fine.

naem
May 29, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/5u3YcpS.gifv

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013
Once you are having trouble posting coherently it's probably a good time to uber to the mall food court.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Woodpile posted:

Once you are having trouble posting coherently it's probably a good time to uber to the mall food court.

yeah get an auntie annies pretzel and tell them you're not high

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Woodpile posted:

I'm a 2 minute walk to a mexican place that everybody says is really good, that will probably be what happens.

Or the pizza and desserts, that may also happen