Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
You know, where the lady goes around with a stone in a cauldron saying she's making stone soup and asks everyone to contribute, until she has actual soup. I'm sure there's a funny premise to be found here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Daikloktos posted:

You know, where the lady goes around with a stone in a cauldron saying she's making stone soup and asks everyone to contribute, until she has actual soup. I'm sure there's a funny premise to be found here.

It was a bunch of commie bullshit. GO get ur own soup ingredients rear end in a top hat!

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
OP makes a lazy thread then expects everyone else to contribute actual good content

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
If you make a fetish people will give you free poo poo.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Daikloktos posted:

I guess you're version is where you come up with a thread with no real idea and try and get everyone to contribute until you have an actual thread? Cause if you, you loving nailed it.

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
[pelts OP with rocks]

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

I don't have any jokes about Stone Soup, but I did bring these potatoes.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

This thread is a Riff-fest, I tell you!

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

OP makes a lazy thread then expects everyone else to contribute actual good content

lol

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Haschel Cedricson posted:

This thread is a Riff-fest, I tell you!
It's sad this comic ran for 20 years, I saw it every day for most of that, and this is the first time I've formed any sort of thought concerning it

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

Biohazard posted:

I guess you're version is where you come up with a thread with no real idea and try and get everyone to contribute until you have an actual thread? Cause if you, you loving nailed it.

goldmine, ops a genius

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

It's a metaphor.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Can you please repeat the question?

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

If you are high on marijuana and eat pho then you are kind of eating “stoned soup”

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
My contribution is to suggest giving the OP a sixer.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

*poops in the cauldron*

What!? It’s a jumping-off point.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
hey great i was looking to unload this ton of boulders. enjoy!

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
*rinses off underpants in the pot*

good for another week

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
its stone poop, the whole town is bringing things to put in my butt to make a poop

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
Stone Soup is surely one of the best classic roguelikes still in development

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Stark Fist posted:

Stone Soup is surely one of the best classic roguelikes still in development

Actually it's not because they cut <race nobody really gives a gently caress about> and changed <spell that you only see once every sixty runs and only use once every 120>, also they changed <pointless busywork related to some god only three people ever play>.

Play my fork instead it undoes all of that and has a 'lactic inflation' spell.

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
Here's the stone, OP.
https://i.imgur.com/8uTh0Uz.gifv

Groly
Nov 4, 2009
The Chinese call it "Casting a brick to attract jade", OP.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Axe soup tastes better and has better nutritional value.

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames
a bunch of villagers standing in a circle jacking off and cumming into the boiling pot. whoever cums last has to drink it

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Live Free posted:

a bunch of villagers standing in a circle jacking off and cumming into the boiling pot. whoever cums last has to drink it

Yeah, that recipe takes some stones (testicles).

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I've been having a lot of fun with my Vine Stalker Assassin.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

The only stone in my soup is sour

dracky
Nov 8, 2010

The dirt and bugs on the stone add much needed protien and vitamins

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
a good stone soup uses everything you have in your fridge, so currently mine includes: lettuce, cheese, water, red peppers, rice milk, shrimp and a bag of old limes

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
The base ingredients of a good stone soup are stones and water

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
i have a big rock
i have some stagnant water
rock and water soup

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

what if a stone soup but the soup was weed

i call it

stoned soup

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Stone soup parable but instead of a pot (heh) it's a bong and you pass it around until someone loads it up

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

One day a handsome young stranger came to a tiny sleepy village in the countryside. He went around asking for food for his empty cooking pot but was thoroughly rebuffed by every villager. But this stranger was crafty and so he hatched a scheme. He went to the river and filled his pot up with water and when it boiled dropped in some stones. After 30 minutes one of the villagers got curious and came up and asked him:

"What are you doing there?"

"Why I'm making stone soup" The clever stranger replied.

"Stone soup? You're just boiling a rock?"

"It's the most delicious flavor in the world. I guarantee it. It just needs a little bit of carrots to complete the flavor." The stranger said smacking his lips.

"i really don't think rocks impart that much flavor. It doesn't seem healthy either. I think I saw some lichen on them."

"Have you ever had it before though?" The stranger kissed his fingers like an italian chef. "Mwah! Deee-lishous! Just a little bit of carrots that's all I need to just make the flavor pop!"

"You seem really intent on getting some carrots. If its so delicious can't you do without them?"

"The carrots just bring out the full bodiedness of the stones. You can't have stone soup without carrots. Say I don't suppose YOU would have any carrots would you? I'd share some of my stone soup with you!"

"I'm good thanks. I can boil those at home without lichen-crusted rocks."

The villager then went away and told the other villagers about what he was doing and they laughed to themselves. By now it had been an hour and they were still there watching him. The stranger didn't want them to think he was odd so he took the boiled water with some lichen floating in it and ate it loudly proclaiming the best thing he ever tasted. The villagers didn't seem to believe him. The next day the stranger went to another town.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Heh that handsome stranger sure got OWNED with REASON and LOGIC by this brave randian peasant.

Posters Delight
Mar 8, 2018

CLOWN CRUMB
tone soup. It has laser toner in it. Hence, tone soup

Tony Soprano's preferred soup might also be referred to as Tone soup

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
Instapot Stone Soup

6 rocks (Small-medium)

6 cups broth (any flavor)

6 sticks of butter

Turn the Instant Pot ON and select “stew” mode, adjust heat to more. Then, add the butter to the hot pot, and add the rocks and broth and let sit until rocks are soft, stirring periodically throughout. NOTE: Do not use your hand to stir.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
how big a cauldron are we talking here, like a witches cauldron?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Stone post:

Stone