Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Or maybe 19 I forget if there was a pool spot on the final Nitro.

https://twitter.com/tde_wrestling/status/1220171252289220610

:siren: AEW DARK MATCHES NEED TO BE SPOILER TAGGED IN THIS THREAD :siren:
They can be openly discussed without spoiler tags in the spoiler thread if you wish

AEW Dynamite for 1/22 via https://www.f4wonline.com

quote:

AEW WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: KENNY OMEGA & HANGMAN PAGE DEFEATED SCORPIO SKY & FRANKIE KAZARIAN TO WIN THE TITLES

Kazarian and Page began. Kazarian grounded Page with a side headlock. Omega and Sky tagged in. Omega worked on Sky's left arm. They did a tackle, drop-down, leapfrog, tackle sequence. Very basic offense from everyone in the early part of the match.

Page hit a fall-away slam on Sky. Kazarian blind-tagged himself in and hit Page with a leg lariat and a legdrop for a near fall. Kazarian dumped Page right on his head on a suplex. Omega broke up the ensuing pin attempt.

Kazarian hit Page with an unprettier. Both hit a simultaneous clothesline, into a double down. Omega and Sky tagged in. Omega hit Kazarian with a snap dragon. Omega hit Sky with you can't escape, aided by a standing shooting star from Page. Page hit Kazarian with a crossbody off the post and they flew over the barrier into the crowd.

Omega hit Sky with a buckle bomb. Sky ducked one V-Trigger, but Omega hit a second. Sky avoided the One-Winged Angel and hit a top rope frankensteiner. Page accidentally hit Omega with a Buckshot Lariat. Sky hit Omega with a TKO for a near fall.

Page hit a tope suicida on the ramp during a commercial break. Sky and Kazarian continued working Omega over during the commercials. Omega hit another V-Trigger on Sky into a double down.

Back from break, Page and Kazarian tagged in. Page hit a fall-away slam off the second rope. Page hit Sky with a German. Omega hit a tiger driver on Kazarian for a two count.

Sky and Kazarian hit SCU Later on Omega. Page broke up the pin, shoving Sky into Kazarian. Page hit a discus lariat and a powerbomb on Kazarian. He then hit a Buckshot Lariat to Sky on the ramp. Page then jumped back inside and hit Kazarian with a Buckshot for the pin.

This started off very methodically but turned into a good match by the end.

The Bucks came out to celebrate with Omega after the match. Rather than celebrate with The Elite, Page drank and crowd surfed.

BRITT BAKER DEFEATED PRISCILLA KELLY

Baker used three quick pinning combinations for near falls right off the bat. Kelly grabbed a chinlock and hit some strikes to the back during a break. Kelly remained in control through the ad break.

Kelly hit a dropkick as the show returned from commercials. They did a series of misdirection spots that were a good idea, but were executed practically in slow motion. Baker hit a slingblade.

They traded near falls, then Baker applied Lockjaw. She used the ropes to push off and keep the hold applied in the center of the ring, and Kelly tapped out.

I find that with most of Baker's matches, there are a lot of good ideas and they're laid out very well, the execution is just a little slow. She'll improve and be very good in a matter of time.

After the match, Tony Schiavone interviewed Baker. He questioned her use of the ropes. Baker heeled on Tony. She mocked him for taking a job at Starbucks at one point before coming to AEW.

Baker said she's a role model and the hottest girl on this boat. She said she's smart, educated, brilliant, and a dentist. She was still heeling on Tony as the show went to break.

They showed a replay of Jungle Boy going to a ten minute draw with Jericho last month.

Jericho entered and the crowd sang along with Judas, which was incredible.

CHRIS JERICHO, SANTANA & ORTIZ DEFEATED JURASSIC EXPRESS

This was all Jurassic Express at the outset. They first cut off Ortiz with tandem offense, then Santana. Ortiz made a comeback on Jungle Boy, cutting him off with a leg sweep off the second rope. Jericho got a tag and hit Jungle Boy with two slams during a break.

Inner Circle continued working over Jungle Boy for several minutes. He got a brief hope spot in hitting a crossbody off the second rope on Jericho for a near fall.

Jungle Boy finally managed a tag to Luchasaurus, who hit a tail whip on Santana, a shining lizard on Ortiz, then a double chokeslam. Luchasaurus hit a standing moonsault on Jericho for a near fall.

Jake Hager interfered. Luchasaurus tagged Stunt, then brawled with Hager to the back. Stunt hit a 450 on Jericho for a two count. Stunt got two more quick near falls off cradles. Jericho then hit the Judas Effect and pinned Stunt. Jericho popped open some bubbly after the match.

This was a fine little six-man.

They recapped the MJF and Cody feud with a video package.

MJF DEFEATED JOEY JANELA

MJF offered a handshake. Janela accepted, then MJF spit in his face. MJF used some other classic heel tactics. He bailed outside to stall, then raked Janela's eyes. MJF worked Janela over with some very basic offense through a commercial break.

After the break, Janela was in control. He hit a superplex for a two count. Janela was distracted as Kip Sabian and Penelope Ford came to the stage and started making out. Janela missed a top rope elbow. MJF hit him with the Double Cross for the pin.

MJF cut a promo on Cody after the match. He called Cody a poet but reminded him that if he's writing a book, MJF is the last chapter.

Cody entered. MJF reminded him that he can't touch him or else their match is off. He mocked Cody's lisp. He offered Cody the mic, then dropped it on the mat. He kicked the mic away from Cody, trying to bait him into a fight.

Cody said, I can't touch you, but Matt and Nick can. The Young Bucks entered and hit a double superkick on MJF, then threw him into a swimming pool.

The heel work from MJF was great, but the wrestling here was not. Still the segment was a massive win, because swimming pool bumps are always incredible.

Schiavone interviewed Page and Omega. Omega said he was thrilled to be tag champs with one of his best friends. Page said he had vowed to kick SCU's asses and he did. The Bucks celebrated with Omega. Page said he was surprised that he won the tag titles before the Bucks did, then walked off.

Young Bucks vs. Butcher and Blade, Cody vs. Kip Sabian, and a promo from the winner of tonight's main event were advertised for next week's show. The main event is next.

Jericho joined the commentary desk for the main event.

NO. 1 CONTENDER'S MATCH: JON MOXLEY DEFEATED PAC

They began with chain wrestling. Moxley hit a release German. PAC began hitting strikes to Moxley's bandaged eye. They rolled outside where PAC continued working on the eye.

Moxley made a comeback during a commercial break and they brawled up, down and all over the ship. They made it back to the ring as they returned from the break.

PAC hit a missile dropkick. Moxley no-sold it and hit a lariat. They traded strikes. Moxley hit an x-plex for a near fall.

PAC hit a jawbreaker. They fought on the top rope and Moxley got the best of it. He shoved PAC off and hit an elbow. Moxley sold the elbow on landing, the announcers reminded us that was his staph elbow.

PAC used a Brutalizer. Moxley rolled him over into a pinfall attempt. PAC kicked out and hit some Kawada kicks.

PAC went for Black Arrow. Moxley got his knees up and used a cradle for a near fall. PAC hit a release German. PAC tried another Black Arrow, but missed this one entirely.

PAC hit a superkick. He tried another, but Moxley blocked and hit a double-arm DDT for a two count. PAC rolled outside. Moxley went out after him and threw him back inside. PAC hit a superplex.

PAC again applied a Brutalizer. They did a long tease, but Moxley reached the bottom rope for a break. PAC ripped Moxley's bandage off. Moxley used a cradle for a near fall.

The finish saw Moxley hit a double-arm DDT out of nowhere. He followed up with the Paradigm Shift and got the pin. Jericho stared down Moxley from the ramp as the show closed.

Wrong loser, the angle kicked rear end.

News
Darby has Kentucky living in his basement ring so he can win back his child and get out of the meth filled trailer park
They flew two copies of the episode on two planes to Turner just in case
According to the Observer Coward Tony has taken more control over the booking the last two weeks after the negative reaction to those two shows people didn't like

Upcoming Schedule
NEXT WEEK:
NOT ON A BOAT BUT BY A LAKE
The Inner Circle vs Darby and Private Party
The Young Bucks vs The Butcher and the Blade (and the Bunny)
Cody vs Kip (Sabian not James)

MOX SPEAKS

In Atlanta:
Cody vs WARDLOW in a STEEL CAGE

The Next PPV:
REVOLUTION
2/29 in Chicago!
MOX VS JERICHO
MJF vs Cody

Links
Everything Elite Podcast the #1 podcast for the #1 promotion: https://redcircle.com/shows/everything-elite Everything Elite now has a weekly preview show!
AEW Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UCFN4JkGP_bVhAdBsoV9xftA
Being the Elite Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UC2V6TA0OqHr9BojcHz9az-w
Twitter https://twitter.com/aewrestling
AEW on TNT Twitter: https://twitter.com/AEWonTNT
Myspace https://www.myspace.com/aewrestling

Your First New Champions in AEW History the Second AEW Tag Team Champions:

Your First AEW Women's Champion:

And finally, your first All Elite Champion:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

here are the results for the dynamite poster of the week. This week's dynamite poster of the week is also the captain of the dynamite, a dreaded pirate ship. all the other members of the top five dynamite posters of the week are part of the crew of the dynamite, a dreaded pirate ship. congratulations to everyone who participated

1. CobiWann
2. karmicknight
3. Oil!
4. 96 BELOW THE WAVE
5. Jerusalem

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That Dynamite loving ruled and I love what a great job they've done of making me care about Hangman Page and his current storyline.
Edit: The interview later in the show where the Young Bucks showed up and started talking just before Page could actually speak was :discourse:

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

AEW continues to rule, boats rule, pools rule

hell yea

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

a+ tag champs pic MRT, great job

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
britt baker is bad at every aspect of pro wrestling

96 BELOW THE WAVE
Sep 12, 2011

all your prayers must seem as nothing

Dynamite is lovely and c'est mercredi, mes amis

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jerusalem posted:

That Dynamite loving ruled and I love what a great job they've done of making me care about Hangman Page and his current storyline.
Edit: The interview later in the show where the Young Bucks showed up and started talking just before Page could actually speak was :discourse:

It's legit my favorite storyline in wrestling in a long time

96 BELOW THE WAVE
Sep 12, 2011

CobiWann posted:

For my second official act, I want a report from my crew in the upcoming weekly thread concerning their thoughts on the show.

It's good

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
AEW good

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

boxcarhobo posted:

a+ tag champs pic MRT, great job

There's another of both of them holding cats but I am doing some foreshadowing here.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

The cruise looks like it would be real fun, am I wrong to think about going on a cruise if it involves AEW?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Tweak posted:

The cruise looks like it would be real fun, am I wrong to think about going on a cruise if it involves AEW?

no

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Tweak posted:

I want to go now and I hate the idea of cruises.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

What a loving amazing show, slash promotion, slash spectacle.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MassRafTer posted:

I want to go now and I hate the idea of cruises.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

MassRafTer posted:

According to the Observer Coward Tony has taken more control over the booking the last two weeks after the negative reaction to those two shows people didn't like

Tony Khan is going to save United States wrestling if it takes every ounce of his wrestling nerd brain and cowardice to do it

I love him

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jan 23, 2020

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Goon meet on the cruise next year?

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

Tweak posted:

You’ll buy a ticket and by this time next year AEW will be booked by Vince Russo and Dixie Carter.

I really thought Hangman was gonna be this boring Roman Reigns type character that gets shoved down our throats but I am really interested to see where his story goes and I really like him as a wrestler. He has a good face, good expressions.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Zeta Acosta posted:

britt baker is bad at every aspect of pro wrestling

Seriously.

That show owned otherwise.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

aew on a boat was p. good cannot wait for aedub on a train & aew on ice

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

We should all go, 'cause you have to share four-person cabins and it only makes financial sense, plus how loving amazing would it to make the Jericho Cruise a convention for the best wrestling board on the loving planet?

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
It's 1029 on Wednesday, my :judas: You know what that means...another top-notch AEW show!

And now, we set sail on the Dynamite!

96 BELOW THE WAVE
Sep 12, 2011

DO YOU LIKE DYNAMITE (yes)
DO YOU LIKE BOATS (well not particularly)
WHAT IF DYNAMITE WAS ON A BOAT (wait this is amazing)

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
https://twitter.com/theAdamPage/status/1220183870554935298

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It's going to be funny when NXT loses to a pre-tape.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

What an amazing show wow. It was magical. That was ppv level for me. It made me feel like a kid watching wrestling again. I enjoyed literally everything. 2020 IS WRESTLING!!!!!!

96 BELOW THE WAVE
Sep 12, 2011

Gumball Gumption posted:

It's going to be funny when NXT loses to a pre-tape.

that didn't feel like a pre-tape like, at all

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Spikegal posted:

What an amazing show wow. It was magical. That was ppv level for me. It made me feel like a kid watching wrestling again. I enjoyed literally everything. 2020 IS WRESTLING!!!!!!
That was the most fun I've had watching Dynamite in a while.

And I almost always have a lot of fun watching Dynamite.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Spikegal posted:

:hf:

So much this. My wife was making fun of me because she can just hear the sheer glee coming from the office on Wednesday nights.

96 BELOW THE WAVE
Sep 12, 2011

Hangman powering two Coors Lites while being crowd-surfed was perfection.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

96 BELOW THE WAVE posted:

Hangman powering two Coors Lites while being crowd-surfed was perfection.

It's one of those things you would never see in WWE in a million years.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Everything had good spots to it. My only real complaint to the show is this the second time Mox/PAC have wrestled with the story being 'Mox gets injured pre-match and has to fight through the injury'.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
I would always get so hyped during the spring break/summer nitro episodes because it was such a change from the usual arena setting.

I love AEW :unsmith:

96 BELOW THE WAVE
Sep 12, 2011

y'all make wrestling really fun to enjoy together, thank you

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I'm so happy the darkest timeline at least has good wrestling.

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

What other realistic cool settings could you do a wrestle show? Boat was cool, that amphitheater thing they did on an early show was cool.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Is there a website to find out the price for the Revolution PPV? Never bought a PPV in my life, but trying to talk my brother and SIL into splitting the cost with me.

e. He's on Dish Network, we'd buy it through there.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme
AEW
the place to have fun with you
a grapple haiku

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Burt Buckle posted:

What other realistic cool settings could you do a wrestle show? Boat was cool, that amphitheater thing they did on an early show was cool.

In a cave. There is a concert venue in Tennessee, I think, that is inside a cave.