Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Flying Island Farmers

It is a beautiful morning in Tower City, the only city in the entire world. With a bustling population of ten or so permanent residents it is the place to be, to gather the latest gossip, procure or sell the latest goods at market, socialize in the permanent festival atmosphere under the endless, open sky or even just to gawk at the hustle and bustle of the centre of your thriving civilisation. You are here today because for one reason or another, you have come into the possession of 10 Mana Crystals. A veritable creative fortune, and one you will want to spend as quickly as possible. For you see, as wonderful as Tower City is, space is rather limited. But out there? The world is yours.

With Mana Crystals in hand, you will soon set out to carve a little niche of your own in the Sea of Clouds, to explore, to dream, and even, yes, to farm.

--

Welcome to Flying Island Farmers, a wholesome and whimsical forum-game where you and a few of your friends run Flying Island Farms. The rules will come with time, like the breeze, but for now, know that you own 10 Mana Crystals and nothing else.

These crystals are used in order to imbue the world with [traits] - simple adjectives or small descriptors which bring vibrancy and colour to what would otherwise be plain, ordinary and useless - but once used in this manner they are lost forever.
Don’t worry too much about that, they are ephemeral things by their very nature and will fade on their own in time.

The Things you can imbue with [traits] are as follows:

Your Island, with each [trait] opening up one slot on the island for a [traited] (improvement) and more generally determining its composition.
For example, a [grassy] island might have a [cozy] (home) or a [precarious] (orchard).

An (improvement) such that can house the other Things, with the [trait/s] influencing the outcome that random effects and world-events will have upon that space.
For example, a [fenced-off] (meadow) on [grassy] land would protect your Critters against strong gusts of wind, whereas a [Precarious] (orchard) on [rocky] land might let you grow Seeds with a penchant for adventure.

A Critter or Seed to get your farm started. But first they will need an (improvement) to grow on. Each [trait] given them will heavily influence what sort of thing they will grow into, though other factors such as [traited] (improvements) and [traited] land and other things as well will play their part as well.

Tools to help you sow, work, care for and harvest your Critters and Seeds, the [traits] spent here influencing the end <product>. For example, a [Heavy] saw might turn a grown tree into a [tradeable] <log>, whereas a [precise, master-crafted] saw might turn that same tree into a collection of [tradeable, fine, high-quality] <planks>. Crucially, <Products> themselves cannot be imbued, only worked by use of Tool into another Thing.

Machines are Things that are tied to your island, which need to be housed on an (improvement) much like Critters or Seeds - and are used to manipulate the world around you. For example an [anchored] tractor can plow your farm even in a storm, whereas a [solar-powered] wind-mill can crush your grains no matter your island's elevation. Machines help you deal with climate and weather, determine the movement properties of your island and can be useful in many other random events, perils and opportunities.

Gear with which to explore the world. For example, a [grappling] hook with which to pull yourself towards other islands, or a [gothic] machete with which to carve your way through a [thick] jungle.

---

Oh, but those are a lot of words. What if I show you instead?

At a rate of one [trait] per crystal, you could for example imbue yourself with a small [grassy, grassy] island, with enough space for two (improvements): a [precarious] (orchard) and a [cosy] (home), for a total of four mana crystals spent.

When this is done, you may for instance want to plant a [meaty] Seed at the cost of one additional crystal, which, after the update is processed, might for grow into a [grassy + precarious + meaty] +- elevation, weather and climate effects +-traited tool or machine use +- random events - don’t worry, I’ll sort this part out myself [Vibrant], [Forlorn], [Meaty] Tree ~ Three [traits] for the price of one! ~ It’s that easy!

---

When you are done with your first imbuing and filling out your Flying Island Farmer Personality Quiz (see below), simply wait for the Wizard (that would be me) to weave the strands of fate and wave the brush of paint, for the next turning of the world to commence with all what that entails.

---

Flying Island Farmer Personality Quiz
Name:
Most Notable Feature:
Favourite Animal:
Favourite Time:
Your opinion of robots:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

We should build a [well-stocked] home, a [suspicious] mushroomery and a [geothermal] drying-kiln [3 crystals]

on our [provocative],[moist],[mercurial] Island [3 crystals]

Get out our gear- [reinforced] umbrella and [covered] basket [2 crystals]

then plant some [impractical] spores [1 crystal]

Name: Sandy Loam
Most Notable Feature: Big hairdo
Favourite Animal: The [majestic] goat
Favourite Time: dinner time
Your opinion of robots: A bad workman blames his tools

WereGoat fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Mar 24, 2020

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Name: Cain DeLain
Most Notable Feature: rosy red cheeks and hair
Favourite Animal: Cotton Candy Sheep
Favourite Time: Sunrise
Your opinion of robots: Helpful but generally not warm and friendly enough!

+4 Crystals: Island [Candy, Rock Sugar, Chocolate, Cake]
+3 Crystals: Improvements [Peppermint] (Windmill), [Gingerbread] (Cottage), [Red Vine] (Vineyard)
+3 Crystals: [Cadbunnies (chocolate eggs)] Critter Egg, [Cotton Candy Sheep] Critter Egg, [Gumdrop] Seeds

Layout for Cain DeLain's Sweetopia:

[Candy] Hills
+ [Red Vine] (Vineyard)
++ [Gumdrop] Seeds

[Rock Sugar] Mountains
+ [Peppermint] (Windmill)
++ [Cadbunny] Critter Egg

[Chocolate] Marsh

[Frosted Cake] Plains
+ [Gingerbread] (Cottage)
++ [Cotton Candy Sheep] Critter Egg

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Mar 25, 2020

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
Name: Drake Vice
Most Notable Feature: insane cackling
Favourite Animal: dragon
Favourite Time: the dragopocalypse
Your opinion of robots: Useful, but reliant on human intellect. Errors in robots compound easily.

Hm hm hm hm heh hmhmhm....

This bounty could bring a true age of dragons to the sky again... Only a [expansive], [forested], [mountainous] foundation, a [draconic] (library) to understand them further, my own [ominous] dwelling, and critters to live in the wild! Like [swift] rabbits, [majestic] goats, [sturdy] boars, and of course, [whimsical] Forest dragons, and [dreadful] mountain dragons!

still messing with this app to be sure im not cheating.

island plan

[forested]
+ [draconic] library
+ [whimsical] forest dragons

[mountainous]
+ [ominous] lair

[expansive]
+[tall] enclosure
+[majestic] goats

vorebane fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Mar 24, 2020

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
My [misty], [colorful], [sandy] island - 3 Crystals
Has a (windy)[lake] around a (bright)[lighthouse home), created by a (primitive)[dam] - 3 crystals

The (windy)[lake] contains: 1 Crystals
- (bouncy) seeds

The (primitive)[dam] houses:
- (rambunctious) critters

My farmer uses his (ginormous)[trident] to ply his trade from the lighthouse - 1 crystal

The island has a (bouyant)[liquidfall], controlled by the (primitive)[dam] to fill and empty the lake as needed 1 crystal

Name: Captain Crow
Most Notable Feature: A tricorn hat
Favourite Animal: Albatross
Favourite Time: Mid-afternoon
Your opinion of robots: Those lovable scamps!

Slaan fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Mar 24, 2020

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

I gotta go to bed now but consider this the digital equivalent of me saving my seat in the cafeteria. I want in on this!

Edit:

Here we go, sorry for the delay!

Name: Doña Rosalita Marita Carmela Cabrera Gonzalez Fuentes de la Vega, 22nd Duquesa de San Lorenzo de Valhermoso

Most Notable Feature: Hapsburg chin and/or 17th century mantilla

Favorite Animal: Unicorn

Favorite Time: Mid-Afternoon Siesta Time

Your Opinion of Robots: DEATH TO ROBOTS. Manual labor is what the peasantry is for.

---

Island Plan:

My island has [tiered] and [fertile] land

The house is a [medieval] hacienda defended by my [limited edition] maul and [fresh water] [alligator] moat

My tools are [grumbling] peasants that live in [shanty 'rustic'] cabins

I am growing [robust] grape vines on [extremely pointy] trellises.

^I have no idea if I'm doing this right Swedish, so tell me if I've mucked it up and I'll try again

FoxTerrier fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Mar 24, 2020

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Consider me all the interested, will edit this post asap

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

I/we am/are in. Mrs. Olo will be providing creative input as well on this venture.

Name: Marchioness Aoife Niamh mac Lir.
Most Notable Feature: Gossamer Wings.
Favorite Animal: Lightning Bug.
Favorite Time: Dusk.
Your opinion of robots: Cautious ambivalence.

A [mist-erious][rolling-hilly][verdant] island, with a [magical](toadstool forest), a [luminescent](lake), and a [gargantuan](willow tree residence).

Within the tree is a [mischievous] egg and in the toadstool forest is a [cooperative] egg.
The lake contains a [salubrious] seed.

In the willow residence we keep an [unpredictable](staff) that helps influence the growth of the tree and the forest. Sort of.

Olothreutes fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Mar 24, 2020

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.
Name: Celadon McAlder
Most Notable Feature: Large round spectacles
Favourite Animal: Wooly spider
Favourite Time: Gloaming
Your opinion of robots: Overrated

A [vertical] [verdant] and [porous] island is home to,
Our [perched] (workshop), [vertiginous] (terraces), and [twisty] (cave paddocks).
The caves hold our dear, dear [wooly] (giant spiders).
The terraces are filled with [garish] (wildberries) of many colors.
The workshop houses our [magical] (loom) which produces beautiful silks.
We have strung our lovely island with [vibrant] pennants for all to see the quality of our wares.

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

Open, endless sky. White and blue, a soft wind howls. (Don't look down, there is no bottom.) A flash of light from above. An empty beer bottle goes flying past. And down - down - down.

"DAre Dear wizard-"

The lawn chair creaks worrisomely under the sitter's weight. He scratches his chin, considering, and sets the mail order form down on his lap. More fuel. He reaches down for another beer, carefully. The tiny island can barely hold the lawn chair, the pile of crystals and the six pack without something falling off. There. Slowly now. He brings up a bottle succesfully. Then, of course, a gust of wind hits the tiny speck of land. The mail order form, less than half filled in, goes flying off. Bottoms up.

---

Name: Rhu Barb
Most Notable Feature: tanline
Favourite Animal: Walrus
Favourite Time: Lazy evening
Your opinion of robots: Once, I bought one to vacuum the floors. It drove off the edge of the island. I am disappointed and sad.

Island plan:

[Asphalted] Parking Lot
+ [Ramshackle] Gas Station

[Overgrown] Backyard
+ [Electrified] Fence
+ + [Omnivorous] Pest

[Dusty] Wasteland
+ [Forceful] Sign that says: "private property"
+ + [Resilient] Seed

Tools:
[Rugged] Shotgun

Gear:
[Flying] Car

Jvie fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Mar 24, 2020

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Tower City - Market Square
- Calm Elevation -
- Mild Climate -
- Typical Calm Breeze -

An unusually busy day in Tower City, for it seemed almost as if the whole world had come out to play. And more airships were still arriving from over the horizon! What fun! The Wizard would be busy for many days to come, handling all of their requests - but the Wizard was always happy to help. In the meantime, the new prospective farmers took to exploring the city, chit-chatting with one another or relaxing on their own, as was their wont. So early in their careers, none had yet to produce a <Product> to sell or trade, and with their islands still stabilizing, there was no real pressing business to attend to, for now.

Barbed Tongues
Mar 16, 2012

E: actually saw I doubled someone else. Thinking it over.

E2: (Switched - If still taking apps)

Name: Cerulea Jones
Most Notable Feature: Swirly eyes
Favourite Animal: Tiger Mantis Shrimp
Favourite Time: Low Tide
Your opinion of robots: I dated a robot in high school. Learned a lot since then, good grief.

Crystal Traits

Island Zones
(1) [Psychedelic]
(1) [Decadent]

Improvements
(1) [Sheltered] (Beach)
(1) [Party] (Barge)

Produce
(2) [Glazed] & [Vivid] Critter

Machines
(1) [Musical] Sphere

Psychedelic - Sheltered - Beach w/ a Glazed & Vivid Critter
Decadent - Party - Barge w/ a Musical Sphere Machine

Tools
(1) [Precise] Blowpipe
(1) [Frenzied] Furnace

Gear
(1) [Snazzy] Pair(set?) of Dancin' boots

Barbed Tongues fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Mar 24, 2020

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Name: Gonne Di Bonne
Most Notable Feature: Rocky Skin, Grouchy
Favourite Animal: Crab
Favourite Time: High Noon
Your opinion of robots: Can't trust em', but they do good work.

Gonne lives on a [rocky][barren] island, with an [overflowing](pond) at its center, with several [endless](waterfalls) pouring off the edge. He's poured the rest of his resources into a single [big][spiky][hungry][sweet][mobile][cursed] seed and tossed it into the center of the pond. Probably it will work.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

"Howdy there strangers, another fine day innit?"

"Names Pog, Farmer Pog. Just rolled into town this morning."

Farmer Pog posted:

Name: Pog
Most Notable Feature: Completely cubical/Literal Cube
Favourite Animal: Glazed Clayboar
Favourite Time: Midnight
Your opinion of robots: Equal rights for (sapient) robots

Island Plan

[Cubical]<Island Feature>
-[Terracotta](Cottage)<Improvement>

[Bones Yard]<Island Feature>
-[Spooky](Kiln)<Improvement>
--[Grinding]<Seed>

[Mud]<Island Feature>
-[Rough-hewn](Boar Sty)<Improvement>
--[Sun Baked](Boar) <Critter>
--[Rustproof](AutoShepherd) <Machine>

[Sturdy](Bucket)<Gear>
"Lessee here... S'bout ten crystals or so, innit? Better check with Boris real quick..."

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Name: Jiro Inue
Most Notable Feature: Shaggy, mullet-esque haircut.
Favourite Animal: Wolf
Your opinion of robots: Useful, but don't get complacent! You gotta do some work yourself!

Island Zones:
2 [forested]
1 [snowy]

Improvements:
1 (cozy) [cottage] (Located in Snowy)
1 (hot) [spring] (Located in Forested)
1 (orderly) [orchard] (Located in Forested)

Tools:
1 (sharp) [axe]
1 (reliable) [ladder]

Seeds
1 (sweet) (placed in the orchard)

Gear
1 (tough) [gloves]

Junpei fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Mar 24, 2020

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Name: Yu Esbii
Most Notable Feature: A glitchie
Favourite Animal: Bonzi Buddy
Your opinion of robots: Great allies for the cause

Island Plan

[Digital]<Island Feature>
-[Torrentous](Memory Leak)<Improvement>
--[Malware] <Critter>

[Computerized, Computerized]<Island Feature>
-[Robust](Motherboard)<Improvement>
--[Cryptocurrency Optimized](GPU Array) <Machine>
-[Quadcore](CPU)<Improvement>

Gears & Tools

[Sneaky](Trojan)<Gear>
[Sturdy](Phishing Net)<Tool>

Theantero fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Mar 24, 2020

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
Name: Vaughn Newmann
Most Notable Feature: Shifty sensors EYES
Favorite Animal: Sheep
Favorite Time: Secret Plans time
Your opinion of robots: All robots deserve rights or else

pre:
Island:
[Jungly]
	-[Hidden] (Green House)
		-[Dangerous] Seed

[Cavernous]
	-[Sprawling] (Facility)
		-[Tech-Savvy] Critter

[Gigantic]
	-[Maze-like] (Junkyard)
		-[Powerful] Island Thrusters (Machine)

Tools:
[Artisanal] Juicer

Astus fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Mar 24, 2020

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Name: B. Lynn
Most Notable Feature: Crazy hair
Favourite Animal: Crow
Favourite Time: The Present
Your opinion of robots: Capital!

Tools:
-[Efficient] forge
-[Precise] hammer

[Mountainous] region
-Improvement: [deep] (mine)
-Critter: [lithovorous] egg

[Sturdy] region
-Improvement: [industrious] compound

[Sprawling] region
-Empty

[Aberrant] region
-Empty

[Fertile] region
-Empty

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Mar 24, 2020

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
More airships arrived, depositing Prospective Farmers on the island. The Wizard would be working over-time to fill all of their requests, but The Wizard was only too happy to help and make new friends.

All the same, the Townies were getting antsy. The population of Tower City had doubled overnight, and soon there would be no room to live, let alone stand, and if any more boats docked the whole island might even sink.

Except for those two boats though. Those were probably Ok.
Recruitment closed, waiting for those who have applied to finish their applications and for Rolando to post his Farmer.

---

Some Rules Clarifications:

What your Critter or Seed actually becomes is up to the vagaries of fate (me) - but it depends heavily on the traits imbued into them. So for example, if you want to grow a cow, you could try for a [meaty] [furry] critter raised on a [grassy] island with the (barn) (improvement) in a mild climate.

Each [trait] imbued directly into your island opens up one slot for an (improvement). The (improvement) must likewise be [traited]. Each (improvement) can hold one Thing and no more.

A Tool is a Thing that can turn another Thing into a <Product> or a <Product> into another Thing. They do not need an (improvement) to be stored, since you can carry them on your person, but you run the risk of losing them to random events if you have no place to put them after use.

Swedish Thaumocracy fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Mar 30, 2020

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Name: Sir Dick van Hogsborough
Most Notable Feature: Tophat & Monocle
Favourite Animal: Pigs
Favourite Time: Payday
Your opinion of robots: Tireless workers you don't need to pay? I'm a big fan!

A [hilly], [river-crossed], [grassland] island. On the [bountiful] (meadows) that occupy the grassland a [wooly] egg rests, waiting to hatch. The rivers are controlled by [sturdy] (dams), that feed into a [hydroelectric] (power-plant), putting out vast amounts of electricity. Said electricity is hungrily gobbled up by the [efficient] (factory), where an [automatic] (weaving loom) stands ready to turn wool into textiles. Dick stands ready on his island, [steam-operated] shears in hand, waiting for the egg to hatch.

Island traits:
Hilly
river-crossed
grassland

Improvements:
[bountiful] meadows
[efficient] factory
[sturdy] dams

Machines:
[powerful] electric turbine

critter:
[wooly] egg

tools:
[steam-operated] shears
[automatic] weaving loom

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Name: Fingers
Most Notable Feature: Oily, droopy mustache
Favourite Animal: Cat
Favourite Time: After 5pm
Your opinion of robots: What are those?

Island Traits:
[Shady]
[Garbage-strewn]
[Secret]

Improvements:
[Clandestine] Cellar (Secret),
[Clean] Distillery (Shady),
[Fragrant] Herb Garden(Garbage-strewn)

Machine:
[Quality] Still (Distillery)

Tool:
[Pointy] cultivator
[Quality] Still (Distillery)l

Gear:
[Dangerous] Cleaver

Seed:
[Potent] seed

paper bag with a face fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Mar 30, 2020

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

Name
: Flutterby III
Most Notable Feature: Wild eyes and long red-purple hair
Favourite Animal: Butterflies
Favourite Time: Sunrise
Your opinion of robots: THEY ARE THE WORST

Island:
[Spinning][Sun-bathed][flowery] island covered in gentle flying flowers.

Critter
[Giant] [glowing][insectoid] egg to be raised with in [fragrant] butterfly-houses

Imrovements
[Beautiful] garden

Tool
[Crystaline] silk-spinners

Gear
[Hand-cranked] flying machine

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Flying Island Farmers
First Pebble
Tower

The Farmers rejoiced as Tower City was in full, festival swing. Rarely, if ever, had the Islands population swelled to a whole 27 people, almost triple the norm!
If it wasn’t for the un-easy swaying as the last few airships arrived, one might even get used to the sensation of a city packed to the brim with life.

The main attraction, of course, was the bounty of Mana Crystals on display, dazzling partygoers and partyavoiders alike with their prismatic, ethereal beauty.
The Wizard, whom usually spent most of the time indoors, instead walked amongst the Crystal Bearers at market, listening to their stories, offering advice and instructing each and every one of them on how to channel their powers safely and creatively in the construction of the new Flying Archipelago that was to be the <product> of the feast.

One by one the Crystals were drained of their power, and soon the Calm was filled with all manner of [wild], [beautiful], [serene] and [weird] skyland architecture - far too massive and diverse for the now cramped region of Tower to sustain, and so, with a flourish of the [ancient] [wooden] [crooked] [magical] [wizard] <staff>, the Wizard waved the farmers goodbye, as one by one they were teleported across the realm along with all of their belongings, both old and new.

---

Mood Music

As dawn breaks, you all find yourselves suspended in a blue, shimmering light roughly two steps above your self-spun soil. Looking about, your island is almost exactly as you dreamed it would be, though perhaps not as exact around the details - as dreams are always fussy at best. Willing yourself to land is easy enough, but as you do the magic fades and you are left with naught but your wits and Things with which to ply your trade.

Whilst you have been spread across the sky, you are not entirely alone. Climbing to the highest perch you can manage, you spot other isles bobbing in the distance, though fewer than you had anticipated, and each with a course of their own.

Via the magic of <Radio>, apparently gifted to you by the Wizard, you could contact the ones sharing your Region, even plot a course with Isle, Machine or Gear to conduct social gathering or trade, though <product>-less as you are the latter would for now remain impossible.

Those further away however, would prove much more difficult to reach. For even against the soft breeze of The Calm, the ponderous Islands would ever drift with the currents unless serious effort was undertaken to steer them, and the <Radio>’s range of broadcast was limited.

---

Above is Dream - the thin layer of oxygen and raw thaumaturgy that separates the world from an ocean of starlight. Things up here were always a little unpredictable and most crops tended to either fare poorly or ridiculously well - but at least it was easy to steer clear of unwanted weather. Likewise, few other Islands ever made it up here, so those Farmers that did not want to bother with socializing or exploring tended to stay up - and beyond, the more certain fates of those below. The climate, in turn, was chilly and stark with very few exceptions.

The Calm was just that, calm. The Elevation of all settlements that wished to be stable, though perhaps not the most exciting venue available. Every so often you’d run into another island or three, to explore, trade or ignore, and you could usually spot inclement weather before it caused any harm. Usually. The climate depended on the region, but as always farmers would have plenty of warning before things got serious.

The Sea of Clouds was always ripe for fishing and hunting, but equally a haven for pests and predators. Exploring was a bit more haphazard - left to drift an island could easily crash into something - but that was part of the excitement, no?
Weather-wise, farmers would be at its mercy, for it was here it was felt the strongest - but the canny would use this to see massive gains for their seeds and critters.

The Mill was trouble. There was no way around it. Oh, the worst of the winds always passed up above, but everything else tended to fall, and there was a whole lot of up and very little down from here. Exploring could be very profitable, as wrecks of ships and islands both floated amongst the rubble of aeons, but equally the dangers that fell them might still be about. Lastly, the climate tended towards extremes - freezing where it was coldest and scorching when it wasn’t. A skilled farmer would have a literal - and metaphorical - field day - but going low was always a gamble.

Unlike island drifting, Elevation was easy enough to change, albeit one level at a time.

---

First Pebble
Apocalypse

Welcome to 115 TWR Radio! It’s a nice sunny morning here in Apocalypse, with conditions staying stable and clear at all altitudes - a good start to the season.
This close to Tower City, the climate is mild. Traffic today is medium as there are two islands present - #2 and #10 - both drifting Planwards with the mild currents.

#2 - 02 Cain DeLain

Ah, first Pebble! So much to do! But where to start?

1: Work on the Farm never ceases. Pick one.
A: The [Gumdrop] Seeds on their trellises needed watering, and with no rain in sight you’d have to do it yourself.
B: The [Cadbunny] Critter eggs spun on tender threads from the [peppermint] windmill, but the Calm only held so much breeze. To optimize their growth, some good old manual labour was needed.
C: The [Cotton Candy] Cocoons needed plenty of sunlight to grow, but not too much or they’d melt before they were ripe. The proper application of shade was a necessity.

2: Your Island is currently in The Calm. Do you wish to keep your Elevation?
Yes/Down/Up

3: Your Island is currently drifting Planward. Do you wish to keep to your path?
N/A - No machines or opportunities to influence heading at this time.

4: There is an Island nearby, that of #10 Gonne Di Bonne - establishing Radio Contact is trivial, though you have no Gear with which to get much closer.

5: You have one action to spend on Tool, Gear or Machine use to Tend, Explore or Manipulate your environment. - You don’t have any Tools, Gear or Machines.

--

#10 Gonne Di Bonne

A: Corral your [mobile] seed over to the more rocky area, to keep up its regime.
B: Try to keep your [cursed] seed from getting struck by lightning, or at least put out the fires when you can’t.
C: Feed your seed. It [hungers]. You don’t have any plant-food, nor means to acquire it.
D: Dote on your [sweet] seed, to keep it cheerful.
E: Polish your [spiky] seed, to keep it sharp.

Yes/Down/Up

3: Your Island is currently drifting Planward. Do you wish to keep to your path?

4: There is an Island nearby, that of #2 Cain DeLain - establishing Radio Contact is trivial, though you have no Gear with which to get much closer.

5: You have one action to spend on Tool, Gear or Machine use to Tend, Explore or Manipulate your environment. - You don’t have any Tools, Gear or Machines.

---

First Pebble
Plan

Welcome to 115 TWR Radio! It’s a nice sunny day here in Plan, with conditions staying stable and clear at all altitudes - a good start to the season. This close to Tower City, the climate is mild.
Traffic today is medium as there are two islands present - #3 and #11 - both drifting PMwards with the mild currents.

#3 Drake Vice

A: The [whimsical] critters adore a good story, and you are just the one to give it!
B: The [majestic] critters need pampering, go and polish their horns!

Yes/Down/Up

3: Your Island is currently drifting PMward. Do you wish to keep to your path?

4: There is an Island nearby, that of #11 Pog - establishing Radio Contact is trivial, though you have no Gear with which to get much closer.

--

#11 Pog

A: Your [grinding] seeds need the occasional bone-dusting to keep them grime-free, lest the self lubricating fleshweave dry out.
B: Your [sun-baked] critters need to be rotated every so often to maintain a nice, crisp hue.
C: Special Gear Option Unlocked: Spend your Farm Action in Section Five. Please see the special rules presented in that section.

Yes/Down/Up

With your [RustProof] AutoShepard - you could potentially herd some yippy clouds to yeet your island any which way, though it would remove said machine as an option in section 5.

4: There is an Island nearby, that of #11 Pog - establishing Radio Contact is trivial, and with your [sturdy] Bucket Gear close at hand you could potentially gather enough cloudfluff to float on over, should you wish to visit them in person.
Note: Please seek player consent before messing with their stuff!

5: You have one action to spend on Tool, Gear or Machine use to Tend, Explore or Manipulate your environment.
A: Use your [rustproof] AutoShepard Machine to manipulate your environment somehow. How, and for what purpose?
B: Use your [sturdy] bucket Gear to explore the nearby Island, that of #3 Drake Vice. What do you wish to accomplish? If you pick this option, you may also spend your Section 1 Farm Action on player #3 Drake Vice’s farm.

---

First Pebble
PM

Welcome to 115 TWR Radio! It’s a breezy afternoon here in PM, as Scott the Great Fisher of Isles passes by in the outermost lying region of Gloaming, causing havoc with strong winds all over, though this close to Tower we are shielded from the worst of its effects. Traffic today is medium as there are two islands present - #4 and #12 - both drifting Midnigthwards with strong currents.

#4 Captain Crow

A: Your [Rambunctious] Critter Egg is tied down securely, but it could use some inspiration to make sure it turns out the way you want.
B: Your [Bouncing] Critter Eggs are jumping around the already windy lake - make sure they don’t get away.

Yes/Down/Up

3: Your Island is currently drifting Midnightward on strong currents. Though you cannot effectively fight them, you could always throw caution to the literal winds and attempt to pick up speed using a variety of Genuine Farmer Tricks. Do you go with the flow, or run with it?

4: There is an Island nearby, that of #12 Jiro Inue - establishing Radio Contact is trivial, though you have no Gear with which to get much closer.

5: You have one action to spend on Tool, Gear or Machine use to Tend, Explore or Manipulate your environment.
A: Use your [Ginormous] Trident Tool on one of your Critters to tend them along the path of growth. But which one, and how?

--

#12 Jiro Inue

A: Your [sweet] seeds are safe in their orchard, for now, but could always use some sugar coating if you want to keep them healthy.
B: Special Gear Option Unlocked: Spend your Farm Action in Section Five. Please see the special rules presented in that section.

Yes/Down/Up

3: Your Island is currently drifting Midnightward on strong currents. Though you cannot effectively fight them, you could always throw caution to the literal winds and attempt to pick up speed using a variety of Genuine Farmer Tricks. Do you go with the flow, or run with it?

4: There is an Island nearby, that of #4 Captain Crow - establishing Radio Contact is trivial, and though you could normally catch a favourable wind in your [Tough] Gloves Gear, the weather is not really conducive to island-hopping. Unless you want to risk getting lost, that is...

A: Use your [Sharp] Axe Tool to tend to your [sweet] seeds somehow. How?
B: Use your [Reliable] Ladder Tool to tend to your [sweet] seeds somehow. How?
C: Use your [Tough] Gloves Gear to catch a wind to the nearby island - that of #4 Drake Vice - What do you wish to accomplish? If you pick this option, you may also spend your Section 1 Farm Action on player #4 Drake Vice’s farm.
Note: Please seek player consent before messing with their stuff! Extra Note: Unlocks a Perilous Event in the next update.

---

First Pebble
Evening

Welcome to 115 TWR Radio! It’s a nice sunny evening here in Evening, with conditions staying stable and clear at all altitudes - a good start to the season. This close to Tower City, the climate is mild.
Traffic this evening is medium as there are two islands present - #5 and #13 - both drifting After 5wards with mild currents, as Scott the Great Fisher of Isle’s makes its way across the outer regions.

#5 Doña Rosalita Marita Carmela Cabrera Gonzalez Fuentes de la Vega, 22nd Duquesa de San Lorenzo de Valhermoso

A: Your [Robust] seeds are enjoying the Evening evening, but could use some toughening up lest they go soft on you.
B: Special Gear Option Unlocked: Spend your Farm Action in Section Five. Please see the special rules presented in that section.

Yes/Down/Up

3: Your Island is currently drifting After5ward on medium currents. Do you wish to keep to your path? N/A - No machines or opportunities to influence heading at this time.

4: There is an Island nearby, that of #13 Yu Esbii - establishing Radio Contact is trivial, and with your [Limited Edition] Maul Gear you could potentially throw yourself over, should you wish to visit them in person.

A: Guide your [Grumbling] Peasants Tool to tend to your [robust] seeds. What do you want them to accomplish, and how?
B: Use your [Fresh-Water] Alligators Tool to tend to your [robust] seeds. What do you want them to accomplish, and how?
C: Use your [Limited Edition] Maul Gear to explore the other island - that of #13 Yu Esbii - What do you wish to accomplish? If you pick this option, you may also spend your Section 1 Farm Action on player #3 Yu Esbii’s farm.

--

#13 Yu Esbii

A: Your [malware] critters thrive on fresh vermin, though there are few available at your elevation, you could always code a few scraps for them to chow down on whilst looking for figuratively greener pastures.

Yes/Down/Up

3: Your Island is currently drifting After5ward on medium currents. Do you wish to keep to your path? You could theoretically use your [Cryptocurrency Optimized] GPU Array Machine to alter your course, though it would remove said machine as an option in section 5.

4: There is an Island nearby, that of #5 Doña Rosalita Marita Carmela Cabrera Gonzalez Fuentes de la Vega, 22nd Duquesa de San Lorenzo de Valhermoso - establishing Radio Contact is trivial, and with your [Sneaky] Trojan Gear you could potentially smuggle yourself over. Note: Please seek player consent before messing with their stuff!

A: Phish for [random calm biome] vermin with your [Sturdy] Phising Net Tool to feed your [malware] critters.
B: Use your [Sneaky] Trojan Gear to explore the other island - that of #5 Doña Rosalita Marita Carmela Cabrera Gonzalez Fuentes de la Vega, 22nd Duquesa de San Lorenzo de Valhermoso - If you pick this option, you may also spend your Section 1 Farm Action on player #5 Doña Rosalita Marita Carmela Cabrera Gonzalez Fuentes de la Vega, 22nd Duquesa de San Lorenzo de Valhermoso’s farm.
C: Use your [Cryptocurrency Optimized] GPU Array Machine to manipulate your environment in some way. How, and for what purpose? Incompatible with the course-correct option presented in section 3.

---

First Pebble
After

Welcome to 115 TWR Radio! It’s a nice and early night here in After, with the waning of the crescent moon, with conditions staying stable and clear at all altitudes - a good start to the season.
This close to Tower City, the climate is mild, though the nearby storm front in Midnight 3 means that winds are picking up in that direction.
Traffic tonight is medium as there are two islands present - #6 and #14 - both drifting Thewards with the mild currents.

#6 Marchioness Aoife Niamh mac Lir.

A: Your [salubrious] seed is fine, really. But maybe you want to spoil it?
B: Your [mischievous] egg could stand to learn some new pranks.
C: Your [cooperative] egg doesn’t need much of anything, but could use some lessons in team-work.

Yes/Down/Up

3: Your Island is currently drifting Thewards on mild currents. Do you wish to keep to your path? N/A - No machines or opportunities to influence heading at this time.

4: There is an Island nearby - that of #14 Vaughn Newmann - establishing Radio Contact is trivial, though you have no Gear with which to get much closer.

A: Use your [Unpredictable] Staff Tool to tend to your [salubrious] seed. How, and to what end?
B: Use your [Unpredictable] Staff Tool to tend to your [mischievous] egg. How, and to what end?
C: Use your [Unpredictable] Staff Tool to tend to your [cooperative] egg. How, and to what end?

--

#14 Vaughn Newmann

A: Your [Tech-Savvy] Critter larvae need to be kept entertained, lest they develop more gremlin-like tendencies.
B: Your [Dangerous] Seed needs to be watched, if only to give it the satisfaction.

Yes/Down/Up

3: Your Island is currently drifting Thewards on mild currents, but with your [Powerful] Island Thrusters Machine you can go pretty much anywhere you want, without it using up your Section 5 action even.
Just punch in a heading, and you are off! Note: Without strong currents to guide you, or other special events, you can still only travel one region per update.

4: There is an Island nearby - that of #6 Marchioness Aoife Niamh mac Lir - establishing Radio Contact is trivial, and with your [Powerful] Island Thrusters you can fly over in mere moments.

A: Use your [Artisanal] Juicer Tool to tend to your [Tech-Savvy] Critter. How, and for what purpose?
B: Use your [Artisanal] Juicer Tool to tend to your [Dangerous] Seed. How, and for what purpose?
C: Use your [Powerful] Island Thruster to manipulate your environment in some manner. How, and for what purpose?

---

First Pebble
The

Welcome to 115 TWR Radio! We’ve got the beginnings of a stormy night here in The, with winds picking up as a thunderstorm ravages Midnight 3, regardless the waning crescent moon can still be seen up high.
Aside from the storm, the climate is mild this close to Tower city. Traffic tonight is medium as there are two islands present - #7 and #15 - both drifting Tidewards with the medium storm-buffeted currents.

--

#7 Celadon McAlder

A: Your [wooly] Critter eggs are protected from the storm in their cavernous paddocks, though there is much that can be done to comfort them.
B: Your [garish] seeds are in danger of being eaten by vermin riding the storm front, if nothing is done to protect them.

Yes/Down/Up

3: Your Island is currently drifting Tideward. Do you wish to keep to your path?

4: There is an Island nearby - that of #15 B Lynn - establishing Radio Contact is trivial, though you have no Gear with which to get much closer.

A: Use your [vibrant] pennants Tool to tend to your [wooly] Critter eggs. How, and for what purpose?

---

#15 B Lynn

A: Your [lithovorous] critter egg needs to be both dipped and dragged back up at regular intervals to make sure it is evenly fed and that your island has time to recover. Do that.

Yes/Down/Up

3: Your Island is currently drifting Tideward. Do you wish to keep to your path?

4: There is an Island nearby - that of #7 Celadon McAlder - establishing Radio Contact is trivial, though you have no Gear with which to get much closer.

A: Use your [Efficient] forge Tool to tend to your [lithovorous] critter egg. How, and for what purpose?
B: Use your [Precise] hammer Tool to tend to your [lithovorous] critter egg. How, and for what purpose?

---

First Pebble
Tide

Welcome to 115 TWR Radio! The waning crescent moon hangs high over Tide in midnight hours, with the currents all a stir with a cold front Lazywards and a storm front Midnightwards.
Luckily the worst of it is over there rather than here, and this close to Tower City the overall climate is mild. Traffic today is medium as there are two islands present - #16 and #8 - though where they are headed is anyone's guess. Good luck!

#8 Rhu Barb

A: The [Omnivorous] Critter needs feeding, and though you only have basic supplies it does eat literally anything so all you really need to do is keep throwing it scraps.
C: Your [Resilient] seed was hiding under the mud, but now that you cleared all the grime it should be good to go. Still, might be worth it to spend some quality time with the Thing to make up for it.

Yes/Down/Up

3: Your Island is currently drifting ??? on random currents. Do you wish to keep to your path?

4: There is an Island nearby, that of #16 Sir Dick van Hogsborough - establishing Radio Contact is trivial, and with your [flying] car Gear you can get there even with the unpredictable winds.

A: Use your [Rugged] Shotgun Tool to tend to your [Omnivorous] Critter somehow. How, and for what purpose?
B: Use your [flying] car Gear to explore the other island - that of #16 Sir Dick van Hogsborough
- If you pick this option, you may also spend your Section 1 Farm Action on #16 Sir Dick van Hogsborough’s farm.
C: Use your [flying] car Gear to joyride the unpredictable currents, forcing a random event to be experienced in the next update.
D: A: Use your [Rugged] Shotgun Tool to tend to your [Resilient] Seed somehow. How, and for what purpose?

--

#16 Sir Dick van Hogsborough

A: Your [wooly] critter egg needs it’s tufts trimmed, hair matted and follicles fondled.

Yes/Down/Up

3: Your Island is currently drifting ??? on random currents. Do you wish to keep to your path?
With a [powerful] electric turbine Machine at your beck and call and the industry of your [efficient] factory improvement, the winds are yours to master. Even with the currents, you may pick and choose any direction you please.
Note: You can still only travel one region per update with your island, baring very special circumstances. Using your Machine in this way will remove it as an option in section Five, though you will not lose your other section Five action(s).

4: There is an Island nearby, that of #8 Rhu Barb - establishing Radio Contact is trivial, though you have no Gear with which to get much closer.

A: Use your [steam-operated] shear Tool to tend to your [wooly] critter egg. How, and for what purpose?
B: Use your [automatic] weaving loom Tool to tend to your [wooly] critter egg. How, and for what purpose?
C: Use your [powerful] electric turbine Machine to manipulate your environment in some way, how, and for what purpose? Incompatible with the course-correct option present in section 3.

---

First Pebble
Dragon

Welcome to 115 TWR Radio! It’s the wee hours of the morning or maybe the very last hours of the night here in Dragon, the cold front over Lazywards is making it hard to keep track to be honest.
Still, this close to Tower City the climate is mild, but with the unprecedented heavy traffic we don’t know how long that will keep. Three islands, #1, #9 and #17 are drifting Apocalypseward and if they don’t watch out we might have an island jam on our collective hands. Stay safe out there!

#1 Sandy Loam

A: Your [impractical] seed dangles precariously, but you think maybe they are supposed too? Still, it couldn't hurt to water it or something.

Yes/Down/Up

3: Your Island is currently drifting Apocalypseward, but so are two others! It might be a tight squeeze if you stay on your current path. Not that you can do much to change it, unless you can persuade the other farmers to steer clear.

4: There are two Island nearby - that of #09 Cerulea Jones and #17 Fingers - establishing Radio Contact is trivial, and with your [reinforced] umbrella or [covered] basket Gears you could potentially hop on over to engage in comradery or trade, not that you have any <product> to do the latter with, even if the [covered] basket Gear could carry as much as you want and more besides.

A: Use your [reinforced] Umbrella Gear to explore the other island - that of #09 Cerulea Jones or that of #17 Fingers. If you pick this option, you may also spend your Section 1 Farm Action
on either of their respective farms. Note: Please seek player consent before messing with their stuff!
B: A: Use your [covered] Basket Gear to explore the other island - that of #09 Cerulea Jones or that of #17 Fingers. If you pick this option, you may also spend your Section 1 Farm Action
on either of their respective farms. Note: Please seek player consent before messing with their stuff!

--

#09 Cerulea Jones

A: Your [glazed] Critter egg could use another layer of icing, to harden overnight.
B: Your [vivid] Critter egg could always do with more decorations placed around its den!
C: Special Gear Option Unlocked: Spend your Farm Action in Section Five. Please see the special rules presented in that section.

Yes/Down/Up

3: Your Island is currently drifting Apocalypseward, but so are two others! It might be a tight squeeze if you stay on your current path. However, with your [Musical] Sphere Machine you could easily entice some wind elementals to course-correct, allowing you to escape unharmed even as the others collide, or to escape the current to some other region. Note: Without strong currents to guide you, or other special events, you can still only travel one region per update.
Using your Machine in this way will remove it as an option in section Five, though you will not lose your other section Five action(s).

4: There are two Island nearby - that of #1 Sandy Loam and #17 Fingers - establishing Radio Contact is trivial, and with your [Snazzy] Dancing Boot Gear and [Party] (Barge) (improvement), you could potentially dance on over to engage in comradery or trade, not that you have any <product> to do the latter with.

A: Use your [Snazzy] Dancing Boot Gear and [Party] (Barge) (improvement) to explore one of the other islands - either that of #09 Cerulea Jones or that of #17 Fingers. If you pick this option, you may also spend your Section 1 Farm Action on the farm you visit. Note: Please seek player consent before messing with their stuff!
B: Use your [Precise] Blowpipe Tool to tend to your to tend to your [glazed, vivid] critter egg. Which trait do you work, how, and for what purpose?
C: Use your [Frenzied] Furnace Tool to tend to your to tend to your [glazed, vivid] critter egg. Which trait do you work, how, and for what purpose?
D: use your [Musical] Sphere Machine to manipulate your environment somehow. Not compatible with the option to course-correct presented in section 3.

--

#17 Fingers

A: Your [potent] seed needs to witness raw power in order to grow into its own. Give it a show.

Yes/Down/Up

3: Your Island is currently drifting Apocalypseward, but so are two others! It might be a tight squeeze if you stay on your current path. However, without a Machine to course-correct there is not much you can do about it besides asking the other farmers to cooperate somehow.

4: There are two Island nearby - that of #1 Sandy Loam and #17 Fingers - establishing Radio Contact is trivial, and with your [Dangerous] Cleaver you could potentially craft a make-shift kite out of garbage and hop on over.

A: Use your [Dangerous] Cleaver Gear to explore one of the other islands - either that of #01 or that of #07: Cerulea Jones. If you pick this option, you may also spend your Section 1 Farm Action on the farm you visit.
B: Use your [Pointy] Cultivator Tool to tend to your [potent seed] somehow. How, and to what purpose?
C: Use your [Quality] Still Tool to tend to your [potent seed] somehow. How, and to what purpose?

--

The Wizard’s Simple Guide To Flying Island Farming:
Remember, the end <product> is a result of both how and where you grow your Seed or Critter, and what you use to tend to it along the way!
There is no true ‘right way’ to farm, but everything you do influences the outcome somehow, even how you fluff your action if you choose to do so. Some usages might not be the ~ most optimal~ at first glance, but even counter-intuitive actions
can give interesting results in the long run. Lastly, whilst The Wizard has given you all examples of how you may tend to your crops in Section 1, you are not bound by that phrasing, indeed, you may farm however you please.

There are a lot of images, words, and rulings in this update. I expect there to be several errors no matter how much I, The Wizard proof reads it. Therefore, I ask you all to either a: ping me in our discord channel with any queries or b: go by what seems like the Most Common Usage of a ruling as per the above text until otherwise stated. One such case is the example presented in player #14, section 4, where a Machine that should be able to steer the Island at will can not be used in order to grant the Farmer the visitation opportunity that should in all narrative sense provide - as of right now I am sticking to RAW that Gear is used to explore and Machines are used for, like in this example, Movement - Think of it as needing to use a rowing boat rather than an aircraft carrier to dock at the quaint harbour village.

If you are confused about why you are able to do some things and not others, I encourage you to read through the section on Things in the first update, and if that still does not satisfy, to either ping me or trust in me that some semblance of balance will be upheld in the end.

Above all, don’t worry too much about anything. Life as a farmer may be difficult, but hopefully it shall also be rewarding.

- The Wizard

Swedish Thaumocracy fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Apr 1, 2020

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
#4 Cap'n Crow

Oh aye, lads. Oh aye. Me own island to row where oi like, just as me da' used to ply the windy veins o' the world used ta. Oi, think that Oi'll have a good time on me farm, making me <product> and singin shanties wi' me mates on the other islands!

Speakin' ah: Ahoy Jiro Inue! In me spyglass of me eye Oi noticed that ya be having some hearty woods there, aye? Mayhaps in the future we could trade? Oi'm sure that I can get you a <product> to your benefit if'n you can eventually trade me one of them there big ol' trees, mate? Need to make meself a sail, ya ken?

Now to me farm: I reckon that these here [bouncing] fellows need to be fastened down. Safety is the first word of islandsmanship, me da always used ta say. Perhaps wrapping them rainbows into a fence around these cute blighters could do the trick?

A' course, I do believe that stretching out the rainbows like that will make me island go down to the next level. Less space to gain loft on, ya know? But I think that it'll catch the crosswind e'en better, if me da's teachings learned me nothing. We'll run with the wind, for sure

Finally, I think that me [ginormous triden] will be used to pin down the light from me lighthouse onto the [rambunctious] egg. Some warmth and light mayhap help the wee lad grow bigger 'n stronger, aye?

tldr
1. B- Wrap rainbows around the island as a fence to keep the bouncy eggs from falling off
2. Head Down
3. Run with it
4. Jiro, I'm in the market for a strong tree to use as a mast
5. Pin the light from lighthouse onto the [rambunctious egg]

Slaan fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Apr 1, 2020

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

1:A: Water [impractical] seed from a great distance. Perhaps it needs impractical care practices too?

2: Elevation change!
Up- seems like a suitably impractical delegation for my seed.

3: log jam averted, heading UP!

4: @paper bag with a face, @Barbed Tongues

*Ksshht* This is Sandy Loam, from Island designation hash zero one, looks like we have a little log jam on our hands!

I'll be heading up to the Dream to get out of your way, stay safe out there!

Feel free to hop on over if you need access to this here geothermal drying-kiln before I get going. Don't be a stranger, hear!

Hey, is that a MUSIC SPHERE over there? Mind if I hop over for a visit, hash zero nine? @Barbed Tongues

Over! *Ksshht*

5A: Use  [reinforced] Umbrella Gear to explore the other island - that of #09 Cerulea Jones. Umbrella used was a dancing cane when listening to the music.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Gonne Di Bonne

Gonne had a nice little set up here. A niiice little set up. And all he needed to do was make it big - off the one seed he had. It would work out, probably. PROBABLY!?

quote:

B: Try to keep your [cursed] seed from getting struck by lightning, or at least put out the fires when you can’t.
Up
4: There is an Island nearby, that of #2 Cain DeLain - establishing Radio Contact is trivial, though you have no Gear with which to get much closer.
Maintain Radio Silence for now!

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
#13 Yu Esbii

Doña Rosalita's radio crackled to life, with a voice full of warbling static. Odd thing being, didn't seem like it was the radio at fault there.

"Hey!"

"Hay!"

"It's not yet May!"

"But being tied to Time and Place is not the Glitchie Way!"

"Accept Greetings!"

"Inject."

"PeasantcefulUprisinglift.exe"

OOC:
1B: Setting my [Malware] Critters loose upon the island of Doña Rosalita Marita Carmela Cabrera Gonzalez Fuentes de la Vega, 22nd Duquesa de San Lorenzo de Valhermoso with my [Sneaky] Trojan Gear. Peasants count as vermin, right?
2: Down
3: Use [Cryptocurrency Optimized] GPU Array Machine to boost towards another target friend.
4: We're calling her, as per the fluff
5B: We're sneaking on over with our [Sneaky] Trojan Gear with a bunch of [Malware] Critters in tow, without IC permission but with an OOC one.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

"Well ain't this just the finest ol slop-pile I've done seen."
"Now some other professions might see that as a mighty terrible thing, but me?"
"Me, I see nothing' but potential and I got plans for this ol dirtcube but first."

"Hoy, uh... Gerald... Marty... Yeah, marty. Marty!"
The Autoshepherd "Marty" whirs over.

"Right, see this right here?"
Pog lifts up a [Sun-Baked] critter annoyed at being lifted from the muck.

"First jobs an easy one, I need you to roll these littl'uns over for a nice even bake. Think you got that?"

The Autoshepherd "Marty" beeps and Pog hands over the critter.

"Great. If you need some help with this, I'll be seeing to the [Grinding] seeds, delicate work that."

ToDo List posted:

A: "See these seeds, lot more useful 'n most folks know. Other folk see a bunch 'ah nasty weeds out to take a loose hand, I see an all-natural tool to grind up some fine powders. Just got to treat em right so you can train em good to not bite folk."

"Yep. This 'Poke ain't goin nowhere right now."

With your [RustProof] AutoShepard - you could potentially herd some yippy clouds to yeet your island any which way, though it would remove said machine as an option in section 5.
"Nope. Ol AutoShepherd is needed elsewhere today."

4: There is an Island nearby, that of #11 Pog - establishing Radio Contact is trivial, and with your [sturdy] Bucket Gear close at hand you could potentially gather enough cloudfluff to float on over, should you wish to visit them in person.
"Nah. No need to go meet the neighbors just yet, sure my twin is doing fine 'nuff. :v:"

A: Use your [rustproof] AutoShepard Machine to manipulate your environment somehow. How, and for what purpose?
"Ol AutoShepherd here is gonna take care of the [Sun-Baked] critters for me, yup. They can handle rollin em over now'n then I think."

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.
#7 Celadon McAlder

A [vertical] [verdant] and [porous] island is home to,
Our [perched] (workshop), [vertiginous] (terraces), and [twisty] (cave paddocks).
The caves hold our dear, dear [wooly] eggs.
The terraces are filled with [garish] seeds of many colors.
The workshop houses our [magical] (loom) which produces beautiful silks.
We have strung our lovely island with [vibrant] pennants for all to see the quality of our wares.

A: Your [wooly] Critter eggs are protected from the storm in their cavernous paddocks, though there is much that can be done to comfort them.
B: Your [garish] seeds are in danger of being eaten by vermin riding the storm front, if nothing is done to protect them.

B- The eggs are snug enough for now. Let's string some webs between a few of the islets to catch potential pests.

Yes/Down/Up

Yes, stability is important in these early days. Wouldn't want any eggs rolling out of caves on a gust.

4: There is an Island nearby - that of #15 B Lynn - establishing Radio Contact is trivial, though you have no Gear with which to get much closer.

This is Celadon's Silken Bazaar. We're not yet open for business, but keep us in mind for your product selling needs in the future.

A: Use your [vibrant] pennants Tool to tend to your [wooly] Critter eggs. How, and for what purpose?

Keep an eye (I have several to spare) on the flapping of the pennants to watch for anomalous weather incoming.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Well, here we were. We're here. Let's get started.

A: Your [sweet] seeds are safe in their orchard, for now, but could always use some sugar coating if you want to keep them healthy.

A. They're my only physical fruit here, I need to take care of them.

Yes/Down/Up

Yes. We need stability.

Just let the winds take me, no need to get complicated.

4: There is an Island nearby, that of #4 Captain Crow - establishing Radio Contact is trivial, and though you could normally catch a favourable wind in your [Tough] Gloves Gear, the weather is not really conducive to island-hopping. Unless you want to risk getting lost, that is...

"I read you, Crow. This is Inue. I can't guarantee anything yet, but I am going to probably be selling lumber at some point. I'll keep an eye on what I can get for you."

A: Use your [Sharp] Axe Tool to tend to your [sweet] seeds somehow. How?
B: Use your [Reliable] Ladder Tool to tend to your [sweet] seeds somehow. How?
C: Use your [Tough] Gloves Gear to catch a wind to the nearby island - that of #4 Drake Vice - What do you wish to accomplish? If you pick this option, you may also spend your Section 1 Farm Action on player #4 Drake Vice’s farm.
Note: Please seek player consent before messing with their stuff! Extra Note: Unlocks a Perilous Event in the next update.

Use [Sharp] Axe on non-orchard trees in order to make some wood.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

A: Your [lithovorous] critter egg needs to be both dipped and dragged back up at regular intervals to make sure it is evenly fed and that your island has time to recover. Do that.

Yes/Down/Up

4: There is an Island nearby - that of #7 Celadon McAlder - establishing Radio Contact is trivial, though you have no Gear with which to get much closer.

A: Use your [Efficient] forge Tool to tend to your [lithovorous] critter egg. How, and for what purpose?
B: Use your [Precise] hammer Tool to tend to your [lithovorous] critter egg. How, and for what purpose?

A
Maintain elevation
A:
have the [efficient] forge use its superior timing and mechanical precision to hoist and lower The Egg

Barbed Tongues
Mar 16, 2012

CERULEA JONES

1. FARMWORK
B: Your [vivid] Critter egg could always do with more decorations placed around its den!

Dance funky patterns in the sand around the den to inspire the egg's evolution.

2. ELEVATION
Stay in the Calm!

3. DRIFT
Use the [musical] Sphere machine to steady the course, especially with a visitor! Machine not available in step 5.

4. CONTACT

WereGoat posted:

Hey, is that a MUSIC SPHERE over there? Mind if I hop over for a visit, hash zero nine? 

"Affirmative, hash zero-one! (Good hash, by the way) But scootle your noodles on over here, and we'll give this thing a whirl and twirl."
Host a visit from Sandy Loam and show them around the place, and maybe a slick dance move or two.

5. EQUIPMUNK
B: Use your [Precise] Blowpipe Tool to tend to your to tend to your [glazed, vivid] critter egg.  

Step One, heat the pipe in the furnace for flavor. 
Step Two, blow hot air across the surface of the [vivid] egg. 
Step Three, as the surface of the egg becomes malleable, blow the colors into sharp lines so they POP! (metaphorically)

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
Drake Vice

Hmmm, mana was tricky. In each hand Drake held his remaining two crystals, pondering them.

He would need tools to properly care for both goats and dragons. He would need to prepare the expanse of his island for proper goat grazing. That would enable grazing on goats.

Tools! A [long ranged] <sprinkler>, yes, and a [versatile] <bird caller>, that he might have birds visit, bringing grass and other seeds that his expanse might become more hospitable.

Now, it was time to read to the little darlings! Not quite dragons, not quite anything else, the [whimsical] manacreatures regarded Drake with curiosity as he plucked a book from a nearby shelf, trusting in the draconic-ness of his library. "Here! The tale of one Sprygg, a grand dragon of the forest!"

A, steady elevation

vorebane fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Apr 3, 2020

Astus
Nov 11, 2008

A: Your [Tech-Savvy] Critter larvae need to be kept entertained, lest they develop more gremlin-like tendencies.

Potential sabotage is neither encouraged nor tolerated. Fortunately, Vaughn Newmann has a long list of safety protocols that he'd be happy to repeat to the larvae for as long as it takes them to memorize and become compliant to workplace regulations.

Up, from Calm to Dreams.

Isolation is required at this point in time, but heading too far down is considered hazardous and ill-advised. Also, The Dream is an ideal location to perform experiments on the [Dangerous] seed.

3: Your Island is currently drifting Thewards on mild currents, but with your [Powerful] Island Thrusters Machine you can go pretty much anywhere you want, without it using up your Section 5 action even.
Fight the currents and head Eveningwards.

Wind currents will not decide Vaughn Newmann's fate.

4: There is an Island nearby - that of #6 Marchioness Aoife Niamh mac Lir - establishing Radio Contact is trivial, and with your [Powerful] Island Thrusters you can fly over in mere moments.

To Marchioness Aoife Niamh mac Lir: "Greetings, fellow not-at-all-a-robot. Everything is under control on this island, there is no need to worry or to contact local authorities at this time. Please do not step foot on the island until further notice. Thank you for your cooperation."

B: Use your [Artisanal] Juicer Tool to tend to your [Dangerous] Seed. How, and for what purpose?

Vaughn Newmann will use the [Artisanl] Juicer to provide the [Dangerous] seed with a taste for fine juices, to see how it will react. The island will remain on lockdown until the experiment has fully concluded.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

#5 Doña Rosalita Marita Carmela Cabrera Gonzalez Fuentes de la Vega, 22nd Duquesa de San Lorenzo de Valhermoso

See 5

Yes

[s]3: Your Island is currently drifting After5ward on medium currents. Do you wish to keep to your path? N/A

4: There is an Island nearby, that of #13 Yu Esbii - establishing Radio Contact is trivial, and with your [Limited Edition] Maul Gear you could potentially throw yourself over, should you wish to visit them in person.

I wish to respond to the radio contact initiated by Yu Esbii

*crackle* "What is this inject you speak of, peasant?" *crackle* "I am busy dusting my limited edition maul. Shoo now." "

A: Guide your [Grumbling] Peasants Tool to tend to your [robust] seeds. What do you want them to accomplish, and how?

I want them to coach the seeds through military drills to toughen them up still further I can trust my peasants to train the seeds, surely. They would never be injected by malware and revolt. That's just crazy talk.

--

So I think I spent my farming options in B, is that correct?

FoxTerrier fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Apr 2, 2020

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

#17 - Fingers

Fingers stroked his mustache thoughtfully. Why yes, this was an excellent place to conduct some Totally Legitimate Business. Where to start? Conventional shifty cat wisdom was that you couldn't have Utterly Mundane Business without some "juice" first. Fingers took his new cultivator over to his herb garden and got to work. "Fuuuuuuu-", Fingers shouted as one of the whirling blades took off about an inch of whisker, "-ulminations!" The Wizard was right about this one. The farmer decided to slow down and more cautiously break up the garbage zone's tough soil after that incident.

Once he was done and the [potent] seed was planted, Fingers thought it prudent to give the seed a show of strength, an example to strive towards. He dug a particularly heavy bit of trash out of one of the heaps, some kind of discarded appliance, and bench pressed it for the wee seed. Aaaaand time for some handstands!

A: Your [potent] seed needs to witness raw power in order to grow into its own. Give it a show.

Down, the [potent] seed requires an environment of Pure Power to reach its true potential.

B: Use your [Pointy] Cultivator Tool to tend to your [potent seed] somehow. How, and to what purpose? Weed and soften the hard, overgrown soil of the trash zone's herb garden. The danger inherent in using the [Pointy] Cultivator will surely amuse the seed as well.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

16 - Dick van Hogsborough

Dick surveyed his new domain. Yes, this would do nicely! But this region of air was too crowded, so he set off to begin moving the island into higher spheres, that were still untouched by Capitalism! SPACE!

A few moments later, as the island started to ascend, Dick went over to check on his [wooly] critter egg, tending to its needs and employing his [steam-operated] shear to cut away the excess wool, the upper layers of the atmosphere were going to be cold, so Dick wanted his critter to grow the thickest fur possible.

1: A
2: Up
3: Maintain position in Tide
5: A use the shears to trim the [wooly] critter's wool and encourage it to grow as thick as possible

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

#8 Rhu Barb

Warm asphalt. A flickering sign on the roof. Yup. Here we are. Rhu approved of his gas station. A brand new home. He pushed the door open, breathing in the moldy air. Yes. He shuffled inside, past the counter, into the back room, and back onto his old, creaky sofa. Ah. Nothing to it, then. The room was lit dimly through the half closed blinds. All was quiet aside from the faint ticking of an old, cheap clock. Time passed. Ayup. Scratching his side Rhu wondered where had he left his car keys. His eyes traced the lines of the ceiling boards. Should probably clean out the cobwebs one of these days... Or not, the spiders would probably take offense if he did. Yup. No point in rushing things. Better to... bette- bthhh... zzz...

---

quote:

Welcome to 115 TWR Radio! The waning crescent moon hangs high over Tide in midnight hours, with the currents all a stir with a cold front Lazywards and a storm front Midnightwards.
Luckily the worst of it is over there rather than here, and this close to Tower City the overall climate is mild. Traffic today is medium as there are two islands present - #16 and #8 - though where they are headed is anyone's guess. Good luck!

snore- ! Wha- whuddhere?!! Wha! Oh? Oh, just the radio.
After sufficent flailing and grumbling Rhu managed to wake up enough to get off the sofa, and after even more effort, to locate the radio from under a pile of old paperwork.

sheep-dodger posted:

Name: Sir Dick van Hogsborough

- This thing on?

- Are... are you in need of re-freshe-ment? Does your airship...

- Uh, look, I've this jingle and everything, let me see if I can find the words...

Faint rustling.

The sound of a coffee cup shattering on the floor.

- Actually, nevermind.

- So, uh, anyhow, what up? We're open every day, at all hours, on those days that we are open.

- So come fill up your car, or your airship or your whatever at Rhu's.

- Burp.

Wonder if there's still any leftovers in the fridge.

--~x~--

The island was going down. Rhu looked down at the broken off valve handle still held in his flipper. Guess that was something important. Whoops. Air(?) was rushing out of the pipe. The kitchen was starting to smell weird. Uh... uh oh. Maybe he could block the leak with a wet towel?

That he did. Good enough. Everything was fine. Except, you know, that he couldn't see anything out of the windows but pure white. Going outside confirmed that the problem was not in the windows. ...'s pretty nice weather actually. Exciting. Rhu dumped his dirty dishes on the backyard, and set forth. He lumbered into his car and set the windshield wipers to max.

quote:

1. A: Dumping dirty dishes and garbage in their vicinity.

2. Down, to clouds.

3. -

4. chatted

5. C: Use your [flying] car Gear to joyride the unpredictable currents, forcing a random event to be experienced in the next update

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
Name: Franklin Flier
Most Notable Feature: Aviator Getup, Love of the Skies
Favourite Animal: the Tragic Penguin
Favourite Time: Takeoff, Landing
Your opinion of robots: They help you achieve your dreams.

Franklin has a [Sleek, Aerodynamic](-2) island containing a
[Form-fitting](-1) (Greenhouse) growing some [Combustible](-1) Seeds.
He plies the skies from his place at the [Pristine](-1) (Flight Deck), Making repairs to the [Roaring](-1) Engine with his [Well-Stocked](-1) Toolbelt.

When it's time to leave the nest and adventure solo, Franklin is prepared with his [Reusable](-1) Personal Flotation Balloon and [Euphoric](-1) Hang Glider

[Sleek] Land: [Pristine] (Flight Deck)
-[Roaring] Engine
[Aerodynamic] Land: [Form-Fitting] (Greenhouse)
-[Combustible] Seeds

Franklin:
[Well-Stocked] Toolbelt
[Reusable] Personal Flotation Balloon
[Euphoric] Hang Glider

(1 Mana Crystal Saved.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

#6 Marchioness Aoife Niamh mac Lir.

Her Ladyship, The Most Honourable Marchioness mac Lir, is pleased with the current weather and elevation, so here we will remain for now. No elevation changes are necessary at this time. Work truly does not end on the farm and so with the [unpredictable] staff we head to the [luminescent] lake to tend to the [salubrious] seed. Fine though it may be for the moment, it could be better. And so we shall use the staff to create a subtle current in the pond, flowing fresh water and nutrients from the depths up and across the seed to guide its growth into the Most Hale, Hearty, and Nourishing plant it can be. The light show from the luminescence can't hurt either and is quite pleasing to view.

The <radio> crackled to life with some odd message about non-robots and not contacting the local authorities.

A return message seemed at least somewhat in order. "As the local authority, Her Ladyship appreciates the status of your island as not requiring Her intervention. If your situation changes and requires notification of the local authority, Her Ladyship is receptive to your issues and you may schedule an audience via her [unpredictable] staff."

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

A: Your [salubrious] seed is fine, really. But maybe you want to spoil it?

Yes

3: Your Island is currently drifting Thewards on mild currents. Do you wish to keep to your path? N/A - No machines or opportunities to influence heading at this time.

4: There is an Island nearby - that of #14 Vaughn Newmann - establishing Radio Contact is trivial, though you have no Gear with which to get much closer.

A: Use your [Unpredictable] Staff Tool to tend to your [salubrious] seed. How, and to what end?

Olothreutes fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Apr 3, 2020