Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

"Oh, you want an upgrade to your house? That'll be 999,999 bells. Don't like it? Too bad. Get back to the tarantula farming, peasant!"

Tom Nook and company were out for revenge--enough's enough. They saw all of the negative articles written about Tom and the operators, all of the complaining about Tom being a classic capitalist, how he lorded over the island demanding blood, sweat, money, and tears from the players. But Tom insisted he was playing nice all of these years.

"I let you stay at your own island, where I had set up shop first, and let you make all sorts of modifications and aesthetic changes without so much as a peep out of me! All I asked for was a future payment, at your leisure, sometime down the road. I'm not asking for much! But all everybody does is complain and complain and complain and complain..."

"You want evil? I'll show you evil."

:carol: Tom Nook's Rules (and by Tom Nook I mean Tom Nook Layer) :carol:

Animal Crossing: New Horizons is a mafia game for 12 players. This game is all vanilla roles, nightless, with mason partners in teams of 2. Full details down below.

- 8 town Villagers, 4 scum Operators.

- Scum will know who their (real) partners are but will not be able to communicate OOT unless 2 of them are randomed on the same team. Long story short, you can only communicate OOT with your mason partner.

- The game is a nightless game. The Operators don't have a kill in this game! There will be no set deadline for days but please don't make it any longer than 3 days/72 hours (an extra may be granted over weekends if needed). If it ever does reach that point, there will be a running 6 hour deadline.

- 6 mason teams. Every player has a mason buddy. Please pick a character out of the villager list: https://animalcrossing.fandom.com/wiki/Villager_list_(New_Horizons). Tom Nook, Timmy, Tommy, and Isabelle are off limits as characters as they will be the ~bad guys~, so stick to villagers only.

- Lynches work on the duel/challenge system. At any point during the day, a player may ##challenge another team to a duel. Once a challenge has been issued, only players on either of the two teams involved in the duel may be lynched. Votes will not count on players that are not in the challenge arena.

- The game ends when all the Operators have been lynched, or when the Villagers no longer outnumber the Operators.

- All standard rules apply. No toxxing, editing posts, etc. Newer players extremely welcome and will get first dibs. If you're a shitposter/won't put in effort to play mafia, I will choose players I know will be active and engaged over you. Don't sign up if you think you may have to replace out or will be busy -- if life happens, I can replace someone out during D1 but anything after that will be a modkill.

- No text logs allowed to be pasted from Discord. Basically the same rule as pasting a role PM or something, not allowed, but you can paraphrase what your mason said, and it's up to people to believe you or not.

:carol: The Discord + Other Important Information :carol:

- This game is OOT-communication heavy! The link to the Animal Crossing Mafia Discord is here and you will NEED to join this to be able to talk to your mason buddy and for the game to officially start. This is important(!!)

- Remember that your buddy may not share your alignment! Be careful playing with someone you might be helpless to trust! I cannot sign your friend up unless they're in the game already (basically, I can't hold a space), so if you want to be mason partners with someone, alert them quick! If you're playing with a random partner then both people will have to accept for it to be a team.

- Also remember that your buddy has the same 1 in 3 chance of being scum, but also that two-thirds of the time your mason buddy will be town! Use the perspective of your partner to help you work through the game without going crazy. You are allowed to vote your mason partner if you suspect them, obviously.

- All team alignments will be random. A team could be made up of zero, one, or two (scum) Operators depending on the RNG.

- The town PM looks like this: "You win with the Villagers when all Operators are kicked off of the island".

(This setup was originally created by 50 pounds of bread.)

Deadbeat Dad fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Apr 29, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
  1. Akarshi
  2. Bifauxnen (she/her but I don't care if you gently caress it up )
  3. Cloner of the Elks
  4. Grandicap (He, Him)
  5. Hal Incandenza (he/him/hal)
  6. Jump King
  7. Mr. Steak (he/him)
  8. Quidthulhu
  9. Retro Futurist (He/him/opop)
  10. SalTheBard (He and / or Them)
  11. Sandwolf (He/Him)
  12. spacing in vienna (she, her)

Dizzy + T-Bone:

+

1. Quidthulhu (Dizzy)
2. Sandwolf (T-Bone)

Team 2:

+

3. spacing in vienna (Aurora)
4. Mr. Steak (Biskit)

Rocco and Zucker:

+

5. SalTheBard (Rocco)
6. Hal Incandenza (Zucker)

Team 4:

+

7. Cloner of the Elks (Beau)
8. Akarshi (Admiral)

Bob + Raymond:

+

9. Bifauxnen (Bob)
10. Infinitum (Raymond)

Eugene and Ken:

+

11. Retro Futurist (Eugene)
12. Grandicap (Ken)

Spectators:

JenX

Deadbeat Dad fucked around with this message at 07:48 on May 16, 2020

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
And again, newer players will have first dibs/are encouraged to sign up/will get priority! This is an all vanilla game so it's a pretty simple and fun one to jump into.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I'm not signing up, just want to say I'm real excited to see another Hidden Temple style game!

Didn't see it mentioned the OP though, is it cool to directly textdump masonry content?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Bifauxnen posted:

I'm not signing up, just want to say I'm real excited to see another Hidden Temple style game!

Didn't see it mentioned the OP though, is it cool to directly textdump masonry content?

Definitely fun games to play in! Will have a spectator role in the Discord if anyone is interested.

And good point, I'll edit it in. I remember people kind of being against it in the games so I'll say no text logs allowed. Basically the same rule as pasting a role PM or something, not allowed, but you can paraphrase what someone said, and it's up to people to believe you or not.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
This game sounds cool as gently caress.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

SalTheBard posted:

Just let me know if this is a sign up or spectator and I can assign you (if either) :)

Also for those who do sign up, please pick a villager from the list provided in the OP or I will random you one!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Spectator please!

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Bifauxnen posted:

Spectator please!

^^^

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I’m in, will pick a villager tomorrow

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SalTheBard posted:

Oh man if it wasn’t in other games I’d love to be in a Sal/Hal temple game

Sal I think you and Quid would be a good team though

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Deadbeat Dad posted:

this is a sign up

Rocco the Hippo!

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I shall be Ken the Smug chicken. See, his name comes from chicKEN.
This is nearly the entirety of my Animal Crossing knowledge and I know it because I clicked a wiki link.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'll be Eugene

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

KK Slider better die N0

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

my only regret is that i can't play this game with the greatest mason partner out there: copacabana

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

SalTheBard posted:

Sal I think you'd hate this set up!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Jump King posted:

Sal I think you'd hate this set up!

Ha, you know you may be right....

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I'll be Dizzy, woo-oo~

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Jump King posted:

my only regret is that i can't play this game with the greatest mason partner out there: copacabana

Is this a sign up?

Plenty of spots still open ya'll!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

If my luck keeps up I will be dead in all games soon and maybe I will join after all!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Hal Incandenza posted:

Ha, you know you may be right....

Why?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Are we supposed to pick mason buddies are you doing that?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Retro Futurist posted:

Are we supposed to pick mason buddies are you doing that?

You can ask people in the thread who have signed up or try to bring someone in as long as there are spots available, otherwise people will be randomed if they don't specify. Since it's only 4/12 filled everybody is solo currently!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I can be bribed to join the game and your team... Anyone?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Hal Incandenza posted:

I can be bribed to join the game and your team... Anyone?

Hal and Sal do it

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Hal and Sal do it

Noooo, then who will be my friend???

Paging @Sandwolf to this thread!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Quidthulhu posted:

Wow

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Hal and Sal do it

Hal and Sal Connection.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Wrong thread.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Quidthulhu posted:

yes, my liege! To battle, Quid!

(I will be T-Bone)

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ok I'll be Zucker

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I can be your bud.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Sandwolf posted:

yes, my liege! To battle, Quid!

(I will be T-Bone)

Ayyyyy

Sorry Opop! You'd have been a fun partner too :)

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yes good, grandi and I will crush these fools. Please make us both scum too so i don't have to betray him

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
6 spots left!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I choose to be the Tarantula Villager.

Failing that I choose to be Raymond in a Maid Outfit

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Also someone should sign up and be Bob as my partner, and then our Masonchat will be The 2 Best Cats Catchat, and we will talk about cats and post pictures of cats, and it will be very chill.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Infinitum posted:

Also someone should sign up and be Bob as my partner, and then our Masonchat will be The 2 Best Cats Catchat, and we will talk about cats and post pictures of cats, and it will be very chill.

Ok ok I will tentatively sign up for real as Bob for JoBro Masonry, but I will gladly be bumped if more newbies show up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

ほう? 向かってくるのか..