Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Would it be a prestige TV production ala Breaking Bad or GoT? Would it air on Lifetime, starring Valerie Bertinelli? How about GBS on PBS? What kind of promo poster or art would there be? How would you like to see this sure to be lovely thread produced for the screen?

What actor would you like to see portray other posters or mods?

Productions I'd like to see:

TCC opiate threads - Cinemax, starring GG Allin's corpse. Could also work on Adult Swim.

D&D USPOL on the History channel.A docufilm narrated by the guy that narrates Ancient Aliens would be a trainwreck. In other words, it would be great.

Mr Water - Starring Brian Posehn as the titular character on FXX

Groverhaus - A prestige HBO production starring Thomas Middleditch.

Disclaimer: I don't know anything about these mods but they seem like good people oh god please don't ban me

Burt Sexual - How about Gary Busey? or Chris Elliot?
Genesplicer - Abe Vigoda cuz lol old lol (yes I know Abe is dead but he WAS old)

esperterra - I get Fran Drescsher vibes

And for me, it would obviously be sup ladies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
This is a deep cut but I'd love to see a show based on the "life" of Bigpeeler. Michael Chiklis as Bigpeeler of course.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I actually had a Bigpeeler thing in mind but I couldn't settle on what or who

rockinricky
Mar 27, 2003
A History Channel documentary series based on the Vantasm thread. It would be a great look at popular culture from the magazines posted in the thread.

Narrated by David Attenborough.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Caro biopic

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Psychological thriller in the vein of joker about jon pop

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3813124

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I'm honoured

should i change back to my the nanny av, op??

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
What would Fran do?

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

The good thing about this is you don't even need to stretch reality. I could legitimately see someone making a really good action comedy about the mishap filled adventures of Caro.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

"don't worry i'm a doctor"

SNAP

AARGH

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I hope Caro's doing better these days.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
that one thread in lf about the actors that wanted to play hitler

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

I'd watch a TV series based on the stories of a+e goons.. so much just wedged up there. The public needs to know.

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

by Azathoth
Could make a film about Caro.

There's been enough insanity about drugs to make a Netflix show...or dozens of PSAs.

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

That lost fingat thread

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pahuyuth posted:

esperterra - I get Fran Drescsher vibes

Not gonna lie this is exactly how I imagine her as well.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

bless

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
The 2020 Presidential Election thread(s) from D&D would be a trilogy of films with ever decreasing budgets, where the climax of the third film has all the protagonists moving to Sanders' Gulch where they can live out their days without having to compromise their values.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
The US Pol thread has a great mid-movie twist when it is revealed that one of the mods tried to infiltrate a Nazi message board but ended up liking it there and sticking around.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Slowpoke! posted:

The US Pol thread has a great mid-movie twist when it is revealed that one of the mods tried to infiltrate a Nazi message board but ended up liking it there and sticking around.

This is good. Who would play the leads?

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
Literally A Movie

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Edward Mass posted:

The 2020 Presidential Election thread(s) from D&D would be a trilogy of films with ever decreasing budgets, where the climax of the third film has all the protagonists moving to Sanders' Gulch where they can live out their days without having to compromise their values.

Directed by Lars von Trier

Bart Sensual
May 9, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
QCS has the best meltdowns. Would make for a good drama.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
a Groverhaus miniseries would own so hard

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
A Rick n Morty episode based on Segakiller.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
Goonfleet directed by Ridley Scott

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Bushman

JK Fresco posted:

Directed by Lars von Trier

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Bushman played by Willem Dafoe or maybe Fred Ward

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Burt's cruise on a plague ship as an horror movie.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

pahuyuth posted:

Bushman played by Willem Dafoe or maybe Fred Ward

I like Dafoe but drat.. some scenes would be very Antichrist, wouldn't they.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Real life has surpassed TV in its absurdity.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
The Denise thread should be either Lynchian or similar to Kubrick's adaptation of The Shining

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
fecal lasagna as a david fincher big budget hollywood horror movie

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
I would love a P-p-p-powerbook mini, but it would probably be better as a talking head documentary with recreations like McMillions.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
I'd like to see a Made-for-TV production about the goon named Muerte (Jacob Jenkins) who was going to walk across America to bring attention to mental health, only to fail in the very park where he started, after 5 days and 26 miles of titanic effort (or something like that). A heartwarming, truly American saga starring Macaulay Culkin as the goon.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3714480

TacticalNecromancy
May 25, 2015

An overly detailed documentary on the Star Citizen thread, in the style of The World at War. Interviews, 70s diagrams, musical scoring etc. Utterly pointless, but impressive.

The Groverhaus series also has a lot of promise.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I would probably watch a reality show centered around Blue Story and her Star Wars figurine-obsessed husband.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Not gonna lie, a Groverhaus series is still the best idea so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sous Videodrome
Apr 9, 2020

The something offal kitchen equipment thread would make great TV. It's full of a surprising amount of drama! Kitchen equipment reviews are nice to watch if you wanna know what blender to get, but the hosts are usually way too polite. I'd love to see a miniseries or youtube show where the ostensible goal is to recommend kitchen equipment, but the hosts constantly get into nonsensical fights and swearing matches. But then it still gives you good cooking info.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3749739