Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cosa Nostra Aetate
Jan 1, 2019
For some reason, I have many versions of S1: Tomb of Horrors, and because quarantine is making me lose my mind I would like to run it, in as many editions as possible.

What is Tomb of Horrors?

From the module:

quote:

The Tomb of Horrors: Somewhere under a lost and lonely hill of grim and foreboding aspect lies a labyrinthine crypt. It is filled with terrible traps and not a few strange and ferocious monsters to slay the unwary. It is filled with rich treasures both precious and magical, but in addition to the aforementioned guardians, there is said to be a demi-lich who still wards his final haunt. (Be warned that tales told have it that this being possesses powers which make him nearly undefeatible!) Accounts relate that it is quite unlikely that any adventurers will ever find the chamber where the demi-lich Acererak lingers, for the passages and rooms of the Tomb are fraught with terrible traps, poison gases, and magical protections. Furthermore the demi-lich has so well hidden his lair, that even those who avoid the pitfalls will not be likely to locate their true goal. So only large and well-prepared parties of the bravest and strongest should even consider the attempt, and if they do locate the Tomb, they must be prepared to fail. Any expedition must be composed of characters of high level and varied class. They must have magical protections and weapons, and equip themselves with every sort of device possible to insure their survival.
For the purposes of this one shot: the Tomb is located on a remote island that only appears on the material plane every 100 years for exactly 3 days, and the parties arrive exactly at the start of this three day period.

Depending on interest, I'd be happy to run this in multiple games, one or more for each edition one or more people would want to play it in. I'd be happy to run 1e, Castles & Crusades (not a good D&Derivative, but an easy one to run), 3.5e D&D, Pathfinder 1e, or Pathfinder 2e. I'm skipping 2e because I don't have the rules (and it won't differ enough from 1e), 4e because I've never played it and the official conversion is more combat heavy and much longer than the original, and 5e because there's another thread running Tales from the Yawning Portal.

And the game plan would be as follows.

We make a thread or a discord channel for each game, and then post some summary results here or in a different thread. I have no problems with a single person controlling an entire party if you want, it just makes the character generation more work for you. I don't mind running this with people who've played tomb before, particularly if you died early and remain unspoiled.

For all editions, you arrive on the island containing the tomb from a well crewed ship your party chartered, supplied with an abundance of common adventuring tools and supplies, like ladders, 10-poles, rope, lanterns, shovels, picks, and food. The ships crews will not set foot on the island because they don't want to die. Parties are 4 at minimum, capped at 6, except as noted below.

1e AD&D

1 million XP budget, 6d6 drop 3 lowest for each attribute rearrange-able freely, 50,000 GP in gear and consumables, and if you're going to make me run 1e you are required to roll for psionics if you could qualify. You can't bring any henchmen or hirelings into the tomb, but your party can be up to 12 characters.

I can also post the reference characters from the adventure if needed. They range hugely in power level.

Castles & Crusades

1 million XP budget, 6d6 drop 3 lowest for each attribute rearrange-able freely, we'll talk about magic items if anyone actually wants to do this. No multiclassing.

3.5 D&D

Level 9 characters using 1st party SRD materials only built using 25 point buy (using pathfinder rules), with 36,000 gp in gear and consumables. No leadership or pre-raised undead armies.

Pathfinder 1e

Level 9 characters using 1st party SRD materials only built using 25 point buy, with 46,000 gp in gear and consumables. No leadership or pre-raised undead armies.

Pathfinder 2e

Level 11 characters using 1st party materials only using normal character generation and boost rules (optional flaws are okay, feel free to use uncommon things), with the following permanent magic items: 1 10th level item, 2 9th items, 1 8th level item, and 2 7th level items. You also have 500gp for consumables and other gear.

Player preferences and counts

Cosa Nostra Aetate fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Aug 12, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
AD&D I probably wouldn't be interested in, as the main classes I would be interested in would probably be very fragile for a frontliner, or an OA thing. And I feel like the classes are often not as interesting as in, some, later editions.

Castle and Crusades might be interesting? Never tried it. If that one was played I would probably try out a Half-Orc Monk.

3.5 D&D I am not interested in if it is restricted to the SRD. The classes I most enjoyed aren't on there.

Pathfinder 1e has enough stuff on the SRD that I could be interested in playing. Would probably do something like a Kineticist or a Synthesist Summoner from the 1st party stuff on the SRD.

Pathfinder 2e. I haven't had a chance to try this yet, and I would like to try it. If 3rd party was allowed I would really like the idea of playing the Legendary Kineticist from Legendary Games. But as 3rd party is not allowed I am pretty tempted by trying the Investigator using the new archetype that gives a class unarmed monk like stuff.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

My only experience of those systems is a few sessions with PF1e, but I’d be willing to give any of them a shot. I ran this in 5e for my friends a few months ago, though.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

I'd be interested in PF2e.

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

I'd be interested in Pathfinder 1 or 2,as I would like to try out either one.

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

by Azathoth
Never ran Tomb, although I've read the 1e module.

PF1e is the only system I have experience in.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
If you don't mind someone new to the systems, I'd like to try PF1 or PF2. I mucked with 3.5 back in the day and I'm familiar with 5E, so the PF systems aren't totally new to me, but I've never done anything with PF. I'd still rather PF than 3.5 though--3.5 is bad.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
3.5 is particularly bad with PHB only, as the more interesting classes, that never really got Pathfinder conversions for the most part at least not officially, came later in its life-cycle and were not on the SRD.

Also I don't think I have actually played the Tomb of Horrors, but I have heard terrible things about the survival rate.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

I’ll build a random character for pf1 ToH but I will also note it is a bad adventure to take too seriously. It might be more in keeping with the spirit of the place to have people build a queue of characters for you and you just write the let’s play thread of how they die.

Cosa Nostra Aetate
Jan 1, 2019
Alrighty, I''ve updated the OP with preferences so far. It looks like it would be PF1 or PF2, with probably enough people to do both. I have no concerns with people being new to either system. If we have people who have run, played, or read it before I'll mix up some elements while generally aiming to maintain the spirit. Let me know if you have a strong preference for one or the other (or both I guess) and we can get rolling.

For full meat-grinder mode, I think there's truly optimal systems for that (like Dungeon World I think? or dungeon...something) or using 1e/Basic/C&C, where there are almost no chargen decisions beyond spells and gear. If there's interest in that route, we could even use the 20 pregens from the back of the 1e module. But part of the fun (for me) is taking this weird module that lives by its own rules and seeing how well its experience can be translated into specific systems.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Definitely looks like people want PF and to go in with custom characters. My 2e handbook shipped on Monday so maybe I’ll get it by this weekend?

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
There is an official SRD for PF2e that people could use in the meantime.

2e.aonprd.com

It has even been updated for the new book.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I got my book. Should I go ahead and roll up a character for PF2e? Or is this sorta on the backburner?

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Yeah should we be building a character?

Cosa Nostra Aetate
Jan 1, 2019
Yeah go for it. I'll post game threads (PF1 & PF2) in a bit.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Working on an Elf Investigator, for Pathfinder 2e, grabbing the Martial Artist archetype. Have my magic items, but still need to spend my 500 gp on more mundane gear.

Looks like 28 AC, 116 hit points, and an attack of +21 or 22 for 2d8+2 damage, plus 2d6 on a single attack per round if I use my Design a Stratagem thing. Not sure how those numbers compare to others at this level. Also wow I spent a lot of feats on getting 1d8 slashing unarmed damage, and admittedly a 10ft step, and I wonder if I should go for a different dedication and just use a weapon instead.

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

Is there a good pathfinder character generator? I have no experience so I'd love to have something else do the calculations.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Mykkel posted:

Is there a good pathfinder character generator? I have no experience so I'd love to have something else do the calculations.

A very enthusiastic same. I know there's an android app called Pathbuilder? But I use iOS sooooooo

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

by Azathoth
I've found some spreadsheet character apps, but they assume you've already generated a character via book and are entering the info. The closest thing to an actual builder is Pathfinder: Kingmaker, and that's a simplified system.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Well Pathbuilder is pretty dang good, but I don't know if it is available on anything other than Android phones/tablets.

No idea yet if anything on here pf2.tools is any good.

Here is a link to my sheet for a PF2 Investigator that I did in Pathbuilder 2e then uploaded to my google drive.

Here is a statblock version if that is easier for some to read.

And here is the statblock converted to the forum, doesn't look nearly as nice as the google drive pdf version.

pre:
Liamamalor Tasan 														Investigator 11
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Neutral, Medium, Elf, Cavern Elf, Humanoid 
Perception +21 (+2 initiative); Low-Light Vision Darkvision
Languages Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Goblin, Orcish 
Skills Acrobatics +19, Arcana +22, Athletics +13, Crafting +18, Deception +13, Intimidation +13, Lore: Academia +18, Lore: Elven Lore +18, 
Medicine +23, Nature +21, Occultism +20, Religion +21, Society +18, Stealth +17, Survival +17, Thievery +17 
Str +0, Dex +4, Con +2, Int +5, Wis +4, Cha +0 
Items Bracers of Armor I, Handwraps of Mighty Blows (+2 Striking), Healer's Gloves (Greater), Knapsack of Halflingkind, Ring of Sustenance, 
Boots of Bounding, Clothing (Explorer's), Healer's Tools, Adventurer's Pack, Bolts (20), Crowbar, Bracers of Armor, Thieves' Tools, Detective's Kit 
AC 28, Fort +18, Ref +20, Will +22; Resolve 
HP 116/116 
Clue In (Reaction) Frequency once per 10 minutes 
Trigger Another creature attempts a check to investigate a lead you're pursuing. You share information with the triggering creature. They 
gain a circumstance bonus to their check equal to your circumstance bonus to checks investigating your subject from Pursue a Lead. The GM 
can add any relevant traits to this reaction depending on the situation, such as auditory and linguistic if you're conveying information verbally. 
Speed 40 feet 
Melee +2 Striking Special Unarmed Tiger Claw +21 (Agile, Finesse, Nonlethal, Unarmed), Damage 2d8+2 (S) 
Melee Shortsword +19 (Agile, Finesse, Versatile S), Damage 1d6+2 (P) 
Melee Sap +15 (Agile, Nonlethal), Damage 1d6+2 (B) 
Ranged Crossbow +19 (), Damage 1d8+2 (P) 
Tiger Stance (1 action) (Stance) Requirements You are unarmored. You enter the stance of a tiger and can make tiger claw attacks. 
These deal 1d8 slashing damage; are in the brawling group; and have the agile, finesse, nonlethal, and unarmed traits. On a critical success with 
your tiger claws, if you deal damage, the target takes 1d4 persistent bleed damage. As long as your Speed is at least 20 feet while in Tiger 
Stance, you can Step 10 feet. 
Grievous Blow (2 actions) (Flourish) Prerequisites Martial Artist Dedication You know how to deliver focused, powerful blows that 
bypass your enemies' resistances. Make an unarmed melee Strike. This counts as two attacks when calculating your multiple attack penalty. 
If this Strike hits, you deal two extra weapon damage dice. If you are at least 18th level, increase this to three extra weapon damage dice. This 
attack also ignores an amount of resistance to physical damage, or to a specific physical damage type, equal to your level. 
Battle Medicine (1 action) (General, Healing, Manipulate, Skill) Prerequisites trained in Medicine You can patch up yourself or an 
adjacent ally, even in combat. Attempt a Medicine check with the same DC as for Treat Wounds, and restore a corresponding amount of Hit 
Points; this does not remove the wounded condition. As with Treat Wounds, you can attempt checks against higher DCs if you have the 
minimum proficiency rank. The target is then temporarily immune to your Battle Medicine for 1 day. 
Devise a Stratagem (1 action) (Concentrate, Fortune, Investigator) Frequency once per round 
You assess a foe's weaknesses in combat and use them to formulate a plan of attack against your enemy. Choose a creature you can see 
and roll a d20. If you Strike the chosen creature later this round, you must use the result of the roll you made to Devise a Stratagem for your 
Strike's attack roll instead of rolling. You make this substitution only for the first Strike you make against the creature this round, not any 
subsequent attacks. 
When you make this substitution, you can also add your Intelligence modifier to your attack roll instead of your Strength or Dexterity modifier, 
provided your Strike uses an agile or finesse melee weapon, an agile or finesse unarmed attack, a ranged weapon (which must be agile or 
finesse if it's a melee weapon with the thrown trait), or a sap. 
If you're aware that the creature you choose is the subject of a lead you're pursuing, you can use this ability as a free action. 
Healer's Gloves (Greater)  (1 action) (Invested, Magical, Necromancy) Activate Interact; Frequency once per day; Effect 
You can soothe a willing, adjacent creature's wounds, restoring 4d6+15 Hit Points to that creature. This is a positive healing effect. You can't 
harm undead with this healing. 
Additional Feats Advanced First Aid, Assurance, Assured Identification, Cat Fall, Cavern Elf, Continual Recovery, Elven Instincts, Elven Lore, 
Forensic Acumen, Godless Healing, Incredible Scout, Known Weaknesses, Martial Artist Dedication, Medic Dedication, Mortal Healing, Nimble Elf, 
Quick Identification, Quick Jump, Steady Balance, Streetwise, Trap Finder, Ward Medic 
Additional Specials Assurance (Medicine), Deductive Improvisation, Great Fortitude, Keen Recollection, Methodology (Forensic Medicine), 
On the Case, Pursue a Lead, Skillful Lessons, Strategic Strike 

Ryuujin fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Aug 21, 2020

Cosa Nostra Aetate
Jan 1, 2019
Posted some game threads. Feel free to start posting actions or waiting until we get a few more characters rolled.

PF2e: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3937476
PF1e: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3937477

I'm not sure on the real count for either system, but I'm happy to scale things up or down as needed.

On PF 2e builders. I also use and love pathbuilder (though it glitches on weird builds like Investigator/Rogues that try to master all skills). FWIW: I'm a fan of the statblock version of that output. For some reason the character sheet drops some of the extra skill feats you get for being an Investigator (and presumably a Rogue), and I mostly want to know what to roll for secret checks.

On chargen in PF2e:
It might help to try to build a character backwards and think about the highest level powers you want to have. The module is definitely built around the classical "balanced part" of "skill guy, magic guy, meatshieldfight guy, and healing guy." Though its classic version was beaten using solo magic users and fighters--who threw a lot of henchmen at it.

Starting at level 11 in pf 2e, you have:
pre:
 - a class, which enables level 10, 8, 6, 4, & 2 class feats (or some archetype feats)
   - some classes also get a level 1 class feat, or if you're human you can also one
   - martials (fighter, barbarian, champion, monk, ranger, swashbuckler): good at a few skills, hitting things, and having hitpoints
   - casters (bard, cleric, druid, oracle, sorceror, witch, wizard): spells, a few skills, weak saves/hitpoints
   - skill havers (rogue, investigator) you have good saves, great perception and can be good at the most skills
   - alchemist: you're almost an npc class with the saves of a caster and MAD problems, but you can throw bombs
 - 3 "boosts" of 4 stats from 10 (you'll likely want to pick the same 4 stats for all three)
    - a safe approach is maximizing your 'primary' stat and all three save stats (con, wis, dex)
        - though if you plan to wear heavy armor you can neglect dex
        - wis/dex primary classes can exploit SADness to opt for high str or cha
 - an ancestry
    - in line with D&D tradition, human is always a good option
 - for spellcasters, level 6 & below spells
 - 3 general feats (11, 7, & 3) which can also be used for skill feats. you can trade an ancestry feat for one if you're human
 - 5 skill feats (10, 8, 6, 4, & 2) unless you're a rogue on investigator, in which case you have a lot more
 - 3 ancestry feats (9, 5, & 1) which can be used for a variety of things, but for humans:
   - 1 gets you a class feat
   - 5 gets you a general feat or some proficiency
   - 9 gets you a multiclass 
Gear-wise, if you're making a martial character, you'll likely use your magic items as follows:
- l10: a +2 striking weapon (or handwraps of might blows)
- l9s: 2 releveant pieces of +2 skill/perception gear and/or some weapon/armor property runes or a magic shield
- l8: +1 resilient armor or armbands
- 2 l7s: +1 skill gear or weapon/armor runes or a magic shield or some of the misc magic items

For magical characters:
- l10: greater staff
- 2 l9s: 4th level wands, +2 skill gear, or armor property runes or a magic shield
- l8: +1 resilient armor or armbands
- 2 l7s: 3rd level wands or +1 armor runes / skill gear or a magic shield or some of the misc magic items

For either, the 500gp towards misc can be used for skill tools (the +1 kind cost 40-60gp), potions/oils/alchemical items (unless the party has a cauldron witch or an alchemist in which case they can cover this), scrolls, and ammo.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Yeah my character is a major skill monkey, trained in all but one or two skills like Diplomacy. Also he can Battle Medicine a person 1/hour, or outside of combat can Treat Wounds a person 1/10 minutes. Has assured Medicine and so can just "take 10", kind of, on it for a 27 which means I can auto crit the standard DC 15 for 4d8 healing, or choose to go for the improved DC 20 to do 2d8+10. Or I could not use the Assured effect and up the DC to 30 and hope I can roll a 7 or higher on the dice for 2d8+30.

Using Battle Medicine I add my level (15) to the healing. I heal an additional 5 hit points from a use of Battle Medicine or Treat Wounds upon myself. If I use Treat Wounds on someone who hasn't received Divine Healing within the last 24 hour I consider a Success to be a Critical Success. So I could go for the DC 20 and get a critical success automatically for 4d8+10, or risk the roll and if I get a 7 or better on the dice do 4d8+30 healing.

Medic Dedication ups my healing on Battle Medicine or Treat Wounds by 5 on a DC 20, 10 at DC 30, or 15 at DC 40. I probably wouldn't use the DC 40 one any time soon as it both requires Legendary Medicine and also I would need to roll like a 17 to get that. If we get another 3 levels I might be going for that.

This does mean that my Treat Wounds would do 2d8(4d8 on a crit) +15(30 Battle Medicine) on a DC 20 check or +40(55 Battle Medicine) on a DC 30 check. The first I can auto succeed on without needing to roll, or roll for an attempt at a crit, the second I would have to roll but a 7 would succeed and a 17 would crit.

By the way I went through like 5 or 6 builds at this character, I kept wavering on whether I wanted to go Martial Artist or not, was real tempted to grab Rogue Dedication and/or Acrobat Dedication. Was real tempted by the Marshal Dedication, which would have been a Cha heavy version, and of course Medic Dedication. Kept having things not work out quite right, not enough class feats to really grab a bunch of dedications.

But I think my skills cover enough to be relatively okay/good at most things, but not Diplomacy!, some in and out of combat healing but a cool down on each person after healing them. And I can get one good hit per round, or if I know I am not going to hit I can choose to do something else.

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

Okay, I'm going to start working on a character today. Half-elf wizard. Bound to screw this up royally. I think I'm going to do just a regular elf, I think the half-elf stuff is messing with my head. Or it might just be Pathfinder has a lot of bits.

Mykkel fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Aug 24, 2020

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

Here is the Google Sheet I've been working on:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rZ0YEKNqD0VQR9XOiFkw4SFi3C0zun7sGqS_5C1NIno/edit?usp=sharing

Anyone with more experience in Pathfinder want to point out where I've gone wrong?

I'll work on equipment and the story bits tomorrow.

Mykkel fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Aug 25, 2020

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Can't check it as it says You Need Access.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I think I want to build a fight guy but I'm stuck between barbarian, fighter, and monk.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
If it is for PF2e it seems like all three are pretty good.

So I built my Investigator with a bunch of medical stuff and some punching, but I have also gone and built a Rogue with a bunch of Dedication feats better at some skills, worse at a few, but also missing a few skills the Investigator had, healing probably isn't quite as good but still not terrible.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Yeah it's for 2e, I know the monk is terrible in 1e (and honestly in almost every edition of every RPG ever). I'm gonna go for it and I'll build a barbarian as backup in case the monk implodes. Look for the sheet later today probably.

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

Sorry had the wrong permissions on the file:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rZ0YEKNqD0VQR9XOiFkw4SFi3C0zun7sGqS_5C1NIno/edit?usp=sharing

I'm wondering if maybe I should switch to sorceror instead of wizard, might be easier to be a spontaneous caster in Tomb of Horrors?

Mykkel fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Aug 25, 2020

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
That is a nice looking sheet, and has the benefit of being updated as you go easily. I liked how Pathbuilder 2e works, but I am not sure I can upload a file and have if replace the current file.

NovaLion
Jun 2, 2013

REMEMBER
Is it too late to be interested? I've never done Tomb of Horrors or used Pathfinder but I'd like to join in.

Cosa Nostra Aetate
Jan 1, 2019
It is not too late! Though looking at what's in, the "party balance" needs probably tilt towards "trap handler" (doesn't need to be a rogue, but anyone that can near max dex and thieving) or another support .

Generating pf2e characters above 1st level is a lot though, especially for a one shot where you can die really easily. I can post some I've rolled later, if people want some pregen options.

NovaLion
Jun 2, 2013

REMEMBER

2013 lurker rereg posted:

It is not too late! Though looking at what's in, the "party balance" needs probably tilt towards "trap handler" (doesn't need to be a rogue, but anyone that can near max dex and thieving) or another support .

Generating pf2e characters above 1st level is a lot though, especially for a one shot where you can die really easily. I can post some I've rolled later, if people want some pregen options.

Well, I'm glad I looked before I got too roped into a character, I was looking at champion! A trap handler sounds fun, though. I'll play around with that. Thanks!

Cosa Nostra Aetate
Jan 1, 2019
Behold: some pf 2e characters for anyone who wants in but doesn't want to chargen. I haven't figured out consumables, and I have half an alchemist if needed but there's just so many things to pick.

A fighter/archeologist, in the spirit of Indiana Jones:
Block: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Qn5pwNf68qoXKe7wzjjbvb6Yqb8idbBk/view?usp=sharing
Charsheet: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1el-vgczW46PSfyagg94hVvDiMzu_lzQk/view?usp=sharing

A swashbuckler/archaeologist, in spirit of Indiana Jones:
Block: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D0enJe0nR-GsjH3YFYR5kRvAaOb4sA3O/view?usp=sharing
Charsheet: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1el-vgczW46PSfyagg94hVvDiMzu_lzQk/view?usp=sharing

A performance oriented bard:
Block: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fDPYan14z1Im2UgWwuFSP5C6XYwlAusj/view?usp=sharing
Charsheet: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1reeCyUTM3eWTe7xnPs5oZ_KMmEbOf3ZB/view?usp=sharing

A charming rogue:
Block: https://drive.google.com/file/d/17AdvE4g7odjiC1UlEtahhN4g4iQj3JZe/view?usp=sharing
Charsheet: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lP62pB2PIWV8j3pA0_LosKfr2hEWnBmz/view?usp=sharing

The charsheets truncate a little as far as bonus feats, but are mostly there.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
I do have Trap Finding, near max Dex, and a +17 Thievery check modifier. Not as good as my +23 Medicine of course, but it might be not bad.

NovaLion
Jun 2, 2013

REMEMBER

Just a heads up, these all say access denied when I click them.

Ryuujin posted:

I do have Trap Finding, near max Dex, and a +17 Thievery check modifier. Not as good as my +23 Medicine of course, but it might be not bad.

So really what's needed is a support character?

Cosa Nostra Aetate
Jan 1, 2019
Links should be fixed, sorry about that.

Definitely up to you all how to compose the party, but PF2's DCs scale in a fairly challenging way, particularly with critical successes and failures. A "very hard" DC for level 11 characters is 33.

So with a score of 17, +2 circumstance +1 item [+20], you're
  • critically failing 10% of the time
  • failing 50% of the time
  • succeeding 35% of the time
  • critically succeeding 5% of the time

Where the maxed character the "maxed" character (+11 level +6 master +5 stat +2 circumstance +1 item [+25]) will:
  • critically fail 5% of the time
  • fail 30% of the time
  • succeed 50% of the time
  • critically succeed 10% of the time

So any success is more likely (60% vs. 40%) and a critical failure (triggering the trap) is half as likely. On top of that, some challenges are just flat out impossible without expert or master proficiency (though Trap Finder partially remedies this).

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Wow that seems like an extremely narrow band.

Not sure how to reliably get a +2 circumstance bonus.

Looking at it I only have Trained in Thievery which hurts, but even with all my skills a lot of them are not as high as I would have wanted but I focused mostly on Medicine and the knowledge skills, that said it also looks like I left Society at Trained which seems bad.

The Human Rogue I also built has 22 Thievery, but only 19 Medicine, and is better in a number of skills but also doesn't have a lot of the knowledge skills.

My Investigator has Acrobatics +19, Arcana +22, Athletics +13, Crafting +18, Deception +13, Intimidation +13, Lore: Academia +18, Lore: Elven Lore +18, Medicine +23, Nature +21, Occultism +20, Religion +21, Society +18, Stealth +17, Survival +17, Thievery +17.

While my Rogue has Acrobatics +22, Athletics +15, Crafting +15, Deception +20, Diplomacy +18, Intimidation +16, Lore: Warfare +15, Medicine +19, Nature +15, Society +19, Stealth +24, Survival +15, Thievery +22.

Still kind of tempted to build more characters, which might be good if this game is as deadly as rumors say.

NovaLion
Jun 2, 2013

REMEMBER
50% success rate does seem a bit low. I was just arranging a bard with a focus on medicine/performance and mostly support spells. Maybe it'd be better to do a trap-centric character. Are diplomacy and society actually that important in pathfinder?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

NovaLion posted:

50% success rate does seem a bit low. I was just arranging a bard with a focus on medicine/performance and mostly support spells. Maybe it'd be better to do a trap-centric character. Are diplomacy and society actually that important in pathfinder?

Probably not super important in a place like Tomb of Horrors