Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Welcome to the division that will be involved in at least 51% of all prime time games! Back for the poo poo year that is 2020.

fartknocker fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Sep 2, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
WELCOME TO THE NFC EAST! Here's a handy link to the 2019 version of the thread!

Do you like all the prime time games? Teams whose peak glory years occurred a decade before any of the current players were born? Insane :siren:CLOWNBALL:siren: games between 4-9 football teams that's being nationally televised for those sweet, sweet ratings? gently caress yeah you do! Here's our four least favorite teams, in the order of last year's standings!

Philadelphia Eagles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYpnMaZm1jg
Ya know, Eagles fans aren't all bad. You can find the guy eating horse poo poo on your own.

2019 Record: 9-7!

Congratulations, you won this poo poo show last year! Carson Wentz got to appear in a playoff game... where he promptly died (Again) and let Josh McCown nearly win a game on a torn hamstring. They're had a ton of injuries last year, but that's gonna be improved by... Jalen Hurts? Uh... is :gritty: available? Eagles fans, help me out here.

Dallas Cowboys

Jerry Jones, shortly before consuming the soul of this young woman so that he may experience a few more moments of life.

2019 Record: 8-8!

gently caress the Cowboys! The good news is Dallas went 8-8 again, and Jerry finally got tired of Jason Garrett. In his place, they hired Mike McCarthy. They supposedly are quite talented, but mediocre QB Dak Prescott's contract continues to loom over the future of the franchise. They still have Zeke, they drafted CeeDee Lamb to add to the offense, so on paper they should be really good, but people have been saying that for the last 15 years.

You can't escape

New York Giants

This is the ideal NFC East quarterback . You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

2019 Record: 4-12!

Guess what team in the NFL has the worst record in the NFL over the last three years? That's right, Big Blue baby, yeah! Eli's retired, so the quarterback of the future if Daniel Jones, who just fumbled by you reading this sentence! They also have Saquon Barkley and his wonderful thighs and... uh... Darious Slayton looked not terrible? The corpse of Golden Tate?

None of that matters because the GM is still Dave Gettleman, and they did the NFL equivalent of starting a land war in Asia by hiring a Bill Belichick assistant to be their new head coach! That's right, get ready for The Joe Judge Experience!

Please, kill me.

Oh, and guess who are new offensive coordinator is? Jason Garrett! Surely this can't go wrong!

Early reports are... not promising from Giants camp.

https://twitter.com/RVacchianoSNY/status/1295396048970678272?s=20
https://twitter.com/profootballtalk/status/1295437439457210368?s=21

Idiotic old boomers are thrilled by the Giants returning to their glory years of the 1970's where they played hard nosed football and finished last in the division every year! Hell yeah!

Also, do yourself a favor and put Doltos on ignore. It'll greatly increase your enjoyment of the Giants and this thread as a whole.

Washington Racists Football Team

https://twitter.com/TMZ_Sports/status/1298825081452453890
Just another day for Dan Snyder

2019 Record: 3-13!

So, after much protest and insanity, Snyder finally changed the name to... a placeholder! For 2020, they'll just be the Washington Football Team, with presumably a real stupid name coming next year.

https://twitter.com/TampaBayTre/status/1291062390138773504?s=20
If you don't like numbers on the helmet, GTFO.

He also fired a bunch of front office idiots, and Ron Rivera is the new coach. They cut Derrius Guice for hitting a woman. Alex Smith apparently still wants to play after getting Theismann'd and spending years recovering, and they drafted Chase Young with the 2nd overall pick. Maybe they won't be as crappy this year?

Here's a random clip of Sonny Jurgensen, who was cool as gently caress.

https://twitter.com/Frekiwolf/status/961976947449434112

I'll try and keep this crap updated during the year, so please let me know if there's more poo poo I can or should add as we go along.

Remember, when in doubt, gently caress the Cowboys.

ALSO: This thread is the official Jared Lorenzen Appreciation Station.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ceL-diMKb8&t=1s

fartknocker fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Sep 2, 2020

Soultron
Oct 22, 2008
Bold of you to think there'll be a season!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Can’t wait for the Hurts era to begin soon

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Eli Manning is an average QB that was carried to his super bowls by an all star D and WR corp

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Also he was literally too stupid to be undone by Belichick's mind games

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

fartknocker posted:

gently caress the Cowboys.

:amen:

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Cowboys will win the covid superbowl

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
The title is correct

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Doltos posted:

The title is correct

You can't run from your past.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

fartknocker posted:

Spot reserved for a proper, detailed OP when I’m not phone posting, but feel free to include any links, insults, or other vital stuff for now and I’ll add it later.

I have some Very Vital Links about Dak Prescott to share

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
THE COWBOYS WILL THROW A BALL WITHOUT JASON GARRETT'S DIRECT SUPERVISION

HALLELUJAH

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Shinjobi posted:

THE COWBOYS WILL THROW A BALL WITHOUT JASON GARRETT'S DIRECT SUPERVISION

HALLELUJAH

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

I'm not running from it I told you you only rely on stats and then you quoted a bunch of stats then put up a bullshit adjusted stat rating to justify how the stats dont fit your argument. When I asked you to pull up tape you quoted Pat Summerall.

Oh wait it gets worse he used a bleacher report article
5 Reasons Why Eli Manning Is Not in the Same Class as Tom Brady
TONY SANTORSA
AUGUST 17, 2011

Doltos fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Sep 1, 2020

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Doltos posted:

I'm not running from it I told you you only rely on stats

No, stop avoiding the question by telling lies:

you said you would change your mind if I could show you evidence to refute the following:
1) Eli has better regular season stats.
- You brought up stats. I showed you the stats that said you were wrong. Don't run from the results you asked for.

2) Eli threw away less games in the playoffs.
- This is a question of game results. Call it a stat if you want (again, which you brought up), but the irrefutable point, and one I backed up with information, is that Eli threw away more playoff games.

3) Trow threw "more accurately." (Eye test?)
- I didn't use stats, I specifically stated that I watched film of both of them, and Troy is clearly more accurate. I also referred to other sources that used the eye test, who agreed with me. You will not find a single person who thinks Eli is more accurate than Troy. You complain that one of the things I refer to is "lol bleacher report" but you don't say why its not reliable, why its not correct, or more importantly, what other source besides my eye test, and Pat Summerall's eye test we should look to.

4) Troy threw "more powerfully." (Eye test?)
- I again state that I refer to the eye test, and believe Troy has a bigger arm, but more importantly that neither of them are really known for their arm strength. I don't think this is fertile ground for discussion.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

blarzgh posted:

No, stop avoiding the question by telling lies:

you said you would change your mind if I could show you evidence to refute the following:
1) Eli has better regular season stats.
- You brought up stats. I showed you the stats that said you were wrong. Don't run from the results you asked for.

2) Eli threw away less games in the playoffs.
- This is a question of game results. Call it a stat if you want (again, which you brought up), but the irrefutable point, and one I backed up with information, is that Eli threw away more playoff games.

3) Trow threw "more accurately." (Eye test?)
- I didn't use stats, I specifically stated that I watched film of both of them, and Troy is clearly more accurate. I also referred to other sources that used the eye test, who agreed with me. You will not find a single person who thinks Eli is more accurate than Troy. You complain that one of the things I refer to is "lol bleacher report" but you don't say why its not reliable, why its not correct, or more importantly, what other source besides my eye test, and Pat Summerall's eye test we should look to.

4) Troy threw "more powerfully." (Eye test?)
- I again state that I refer to the eye test, and believe Troy has a bigger arm, but more importantly that neither of them are really known for their arm strength. I don't think this is fertile ground for discussion.

The stats didn't show I was wrong at all lol. It showed him as better so you had to include some weird adjustment to refute the point. Troy threw 8 more INTs in 3 more games. That's two INTs a game in the playoffs. You didn't link me any tape showing Troy throwing better, you quoted Pat Summerall and "dozens of coaches and pundits" then said you watched it showing Troy as better.

I have to ask you at this point. Are you Play?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Round 2, ding ding ding.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I'd be willing to stop if we can all agree I'm not listening to any of you and none of you are listening to me. Even if blarzgh or that angry guy with the Jaws custom title respond and call me stupid.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I always consider every post carefully

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Doltos posted:

I'd be willing to stop if we can all agree I'm not listening to any of you and none of you are listening to me. Even if blarzgh or that angry guy with the Jaws custom title respond and call me stupid.

I think it's fairly obvious neither of you have ever been listening to each other

It's also a completely loving stupid argument considering that it doesn't matter which QB was better. They both have multiple SBs and are both likely to end up in the HoF.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Doltos posted:

The stats didn't show I was wrong at all lol. It showed him as better so you had to include some weird adjustment to refute the point.

Incorrect. Their y/att, and INT% were the same, Troy had a better completion percentage, and Eli had a better TD percentage. In terms of "STATS", the fairest reading is that they are a push.

That "weird adjustment" that you're pretending not to understand is that Troy, with his stats, was a top 10 QB for a decade. Eli only cracked the top 10 with his STATS once.

And you conveniently ignore the STAT you hold to be most important, QB WINZZZ

Doltos posted:

Troy threw 8 more INTs in 3 more games.

You didn't ask how many picks Troy threw, you asked how many "Games Aikman threw away in the playoffs."

The fact is that Troy won more playoff games than Eli, and more importantly I showed that Troy Cost His Teams Fewer Games With Interceptions than Eli did. Thats "Throwing Away Games" and Troy did it less than Eli.

Doltos posted:

You didn't link me any tape showing Troy throwing better, you quoted Pat Summerall and "dozens of coaches and pundits" then said you watched it showing Troy as better.

Ok, here is a link to a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exIkgatFAs4 Enjoy!

Do you have any evidence, whatsoever, that Eli was "more accurate" than Troy? Whatever your umbridge with the evidence I have provided, its still more evidence than you have provided in rebuttal.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

CyberPingu posted:

I think it's fairly obvious neither of you have ever been listening to each other

It's also a completely loving stupid argument considering that it doesn't matter which QB was better. They both have multiple SBs and are both likely to end up in the HoF.

Yeah it's a fill up of offseason

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1300901983881134083

That's my coach! If you hate him take a seat over there on the bench.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

CyberPingu posted:

Troy is in the HOF>

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Let's discuss Emmitt Smith.

Was his beard actually weird?

Did his gray hair leave him in a rocking chair?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Sickening posted:

Troy is in the HOF>

Yeah I know. Which still makes that sentence accurate. Albeit slightly confusing.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Shinjobi posted:

Let's discuss Emmitt Smith.

Was his beard actually weird?

Did his gray hair leave him in a rocking chair?

Availability is a skill and he tops that list for sure. That's about all I have to say about Emmitt.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
Holy gently caress blarzgh just let it go man

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007
Can we talk about notable Eagles receive Travis Fulgham?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Why not he'll be starting in two or three weeks.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
OP updated. Again, if anyone has more detailed poo poo they want to include, just say so.

Also, gently caress the Cowboys.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Athanatos posted:

Holy gently caress blarzgh just let it go man

It takes two idiots to dance the idiot tango. Just saying.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

deedee megadoodoo posted:

It takes two idiots to dance the idiot tango. Just saying.

Doltos enjoys getting people riled up I can't fathom the headspace you'd need to engage him for that long that vehemently

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

He was enjoying himself?

Anyway, I think the Eagles come in 4th within the division this season. We are either missing an LT or RG depending on peters, Reag is already hurt meaning it’s Djax and some deep dives at wr, and the defense is going to seriously struggle in coverage without Jenkins back there. The only things I am optimistic about are Goedert, our RB depth, and Wentz. Oh and the DL should be nasty like usual.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
People get themselves riled up I don't do anything.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

ASAPRockySituation posted:

He was enjoying himself?

Anyway, I think the Eagles come in 4th within the division this season. We are either missing an LT or RG depending on peters, Reag is already hurt meaning it’s Djax and some deep dives at wr, and the defense is going to seriously struggle in coverage without Jenkins back there. The only things I am optimistic about are Goedert, our RB depth, and Wentz. Oh and the DL should be nasty like usual.

You’ll sweep the Giants and finish ahead of them on the tiebreaker if nothing else. I don’t think the Eagles are that bad, and they could finish anywhere between 6 and 10 wins and it wouldn’t surprise me too much, while I’m hesitant that the Giants can even get to 6.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

They're going to be the Washington football team all year?!?! I thought it was supposed to be for a couple weeks! Hahahaha

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Ghislaineof YOSPOS posted:

They're going to be the Washington football team all year?!?! I thought it was supposed to be for a couple weeks! Hahahaha

Unless I’m miss remembering, yeah, they’re sticking with it for the season and then formally getting a permanent name after the season.

There are a few rumored reasons why. One is that the copyright for whatever name Snyder wants were held by someone else, which fits with Snyder being dumb and not having this planned to any real extent in advance. Another is that Nike wanted them to wait so they could produce all their merchandising poo poo and not be flooded with knockoffs, but they’re basically doing that anyway with WFT stuff and it’ll all get replaced again next year.

Given the lack of news about it since the dropped the Racists name, I’m curious if they’ve finalized a name yet, or when they will, as I don’t think there have been any leaks or rumors in a while.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
will Dan Snyder sell the team??

Guido Merkens
Jun 18, 2003

The price of greatness is responsibility.
Michael Strahan’s sack record is illegitimate, gifted by the coward Brett Favre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Yeah and it owns lol