Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

So uhhh thats our table, who saw that coming eh?

No one can defend anymore apparently and teams are starting to see a rise in COVID cases again (or maybe its just Liverpool...)

Will we see a November thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

wooger posted:

This would perhaps explain their performance the other day.

That, and the fact that nobody has had a proper vacation or preseason

West007
Apr 21, 2013

Mancherster United not playing well = wastemen. Liverpool not playing well = must be covid. :thunk:

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

West007 posted:

Mancherster United not playing well = wastemen. Liverpool not playing well = must be covid. :thunk:

Oh good you understand then.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
i was right all along that allison is the reason liverpool started winning things. every chance this could lead to my other 'controversial' ideas becoming mainstream

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Breath Ray posted:

i was right all along that allison is the reason liverpool started winning things. every chance this could lead to my other 'controversial' ideas becoming mainstream

It wasn't exactly a hot take op...

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

I think fulham have a good chance of breaking derby's record

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

CyberPingu posted:

It wasn't exactly a hot take op...

thats probably what they told copernicus

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

I did a big laugh at Chris Sutton saying they were as good as relegated at half time in the first game of the season but it's looking bleak at the Cottage

Wazzerphuk
Feb 9, 2001

Hating Chelsea before it was cool
Winner of the PWM POTM for September
Winner of the PWM POTM for January
Co-Winner of the PWM POTM for March

the sex ghost posted:

I did a big laugh at Chris Sutton saying they were as good as relegated at half time in the first game of the season but it's looking bleak at the Cottage

I've crunched the numbers on this and if results continue improving at their current rate then Fulham will win the next match 1-0, and by the end of the season will be winning 69-0 (ftw)

No but seriously we have this Loftus-Cheek and I'm sure everything is fine just fine

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
when they last came up they won 4-2 at the beginning. this time mitrovic looks a spent force and parker is hopeless. id say brentford must be kicking themselves, but if they play like they did in the playoffs they'd probably miss!!

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Fulham were awful against villa but played ok against wolves so i can see them maybe getting a point or two before the end of the season.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

I don't know. If we keep seeing bonkers results, they should be able to scrape at least 12 points.

There's usually a team at the start of the season that look like they'll break it but go on to 20 or so points. Only Villa and Huddersfield have been in the teens in the last few years.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

CyberPingu posted:

No one can defend anymore apparently and teams are starting to see a rise in COVID cases again (or maybe its just Liverpool...)

Villa and West Ham have the tightest defences in the league, if that's not grounds to cancel the season as obviously too weird to live I don't know what is

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

West007 posted:

how many united players have tested positive

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Karl Sharks posted:

how many united players have tested positive

Pogba

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

so 1, no evidence of spreading

tbh the major point is it wasn't that it was just possible fatigue from an illness, but if you're off by 5% in a risky system then rip

united on the other hand just don't have many good defenders, this was known before the games and is known after the games, and especially known during the games since their big defender signing headed it twice like he was trying to peek into a high cupboard and then dragged down a defender who was actually going to do his job

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Maguire was good to excellent last season. Then he played a season that lasted way too long, had no real time off except when he was loving the greek civilisation before then starting a new season way too early with no preseason.

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

CyberPingu posted:

People keep saying 2020 is rubbish but this is the greatest Premier League table ever and I'd be keen to just call it a day there and wind up the season if it wasn't for the fact that watching Everton play right now is an absolute delight, rather than, you know, *gestures vaguely at the overwhelming majority of the last 30ish years*. Not liking our attempts to speed run an injury crisis though

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Niric posted:

People keep saying 2020 is rubbish but this is the greatest Premier League table ever and I'd be keen to just call it a day there and wind up the season if it wasn't for the fact that watching Everton play right now is an absolute delight, rather than, you know, *gestures vaguely at the overwhelming majority of the last 30ish years*. Not liking our attempts to speed run an injury crisis though

Imo it would be hilarious if none of the usual top 4 got in this year.

Hear that Arsenal and Spurs fans. There's hope for you.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Villa and West Ham have the tightest defences in the league, if that's not grounds to cancel the season as obviously too weird to live I don't know what is

villas should have a big * because sheffield played with 10 men for 80 mins and fullham are complete garbage

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

CyberPingu posted:

Imo it would be hilarious if none of the usual top 4 got in this year.

Hear that Arsenal and Spurs fans. There's hope for you.

This guy's club wins the Premier League once and he completely forgets the humbling experience that was the Hicks & Gillette era of Liverpool.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Vinestalk posted:

This guy's club wins the Premier League once and he completely forgets the humbling experience that was the Hicks & Gillette era of Liverpool.

We haven't missed out on the top 4 in 4 years now but yeah, it's totally been just 1 year of success.

:jerkbag:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Everybody's got the Rona

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

villas should have a big * because sheffield played with 10 men for 80 mins and fullham are complete garbage

Villa's should have an even bigger * because they should have gone down from the goal against them that was criminally denied

Then again Sunday wouldn't have happened so it all evens out in the end I guess

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
yeah villa definitely need a big * for the random poo poo in their games that weren't the one where they smashed the champions 7 loving 2

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Vando posted:

yeah villa definitely need a big * for the random poo poo in their games that weren't the one where they smashed the champions 7 loving 2

It's loving jokes about Villa's defensive record so far settle down

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Bundy posted:

It's loving jokes about Villa's defensive record so far settle down

all I ask is you show some respect for the league's third* best team

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Vando posted:

all I ask is you show some respect for the league's third* best team

:yeah:

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

CyberPingu posted:

We haven't missed out on the top 4 in 4 years now but yeah, it's totally been just 1 year of success.

:jerkbag:

God drat. I didn't realize Liverpool had dominated this league for so long. What a dynasty they've had. I have been put in my place and truly humbled.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Vinestalk posted:

God drat. I didn't realize Liverpool had dominated this league for so long. What a dynasty they've had. I have been put in my place and truly humbled.

I legitimately don't even know who you support but I'm going to guess it's either Arsenal or Spurs considering you got bent out of shape after what was clearly a joke.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

CyberPingu posted:

I legitimately don't even know who you support but I'm going to guess it's either Arsenal or Spurs considering you got bent out of shape after what was clearly a joke.

He could also be Ed Woodward in disguise. I guess we'll know if tomorrow there's 10 newspaper articles about the disturbing and inflammatory comments on web forums.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
ive crunched the numbers on this. if its arsenal he can mock you as much as he likes cause theyve won the prem more times. if its leicester or blackburn he can match you mock for mock. and if its spurs? he can mock you because youre the most thin skinned plastic shite on here

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Arsenal ftw

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Breath Ray posted:

youre the most thin skinned plastic shite on here

o0

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
otoh i liked your joke about wenger being a dinosaur

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Man City have managed to get their twitter account banned for buying followers.

Lol

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

tarbrush posted:

Man City have managed to get their twitter account banned for buying followers.

Lol

Hahahaha what a shite plastic club. Couldn't get enough fans to fill those dumb screens in the summer either.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
At least we can afford to pay our mascot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Are you sure? #whereismoonchester