Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Table

Liverpoo won a game!!!! But it was against Arsenal which counts for very little

Some other stuff happened. Probably poo related

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

The race for 4th is going to be interesting

Here's a little chart about the teams fighting for 4th and if they have a head to head coming up

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Leeds still just having a fun old time. Still a chance to finish above arsenal which would be a laugh

The real laugh would be Fulham pipping Newcastle to safety and big Mike crying because he held off on selling just slightly too long

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

Arsenal are bad but I still think it's more down to the years of mismanagement in transfers and contracts catching up to them rather than it being entirely down to Arteta

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Poocastle

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Mr Snips posted:

Arsenal are bad but I still think it's more down to the years of mismanagement in transfers and contracts catching up to them rather than it being entirely down to Arteta

We have a pretty decent first 11 or 12 players and there's a massive drop off after that, not just in terms of individual quality but in terms of none of the pieces fitting together properly. Everyone's known this for years yet every time we put out a weakened lineup and play poorly suddenly it's the manager's fault. And of course the solution our dumb as gently caress fans propose is firing the manager and the DoF and ensuring we have even more chaotic team building, I bet that'll work great!

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Mr Snips posted:

Yeah I agree with this. Things seem to be better under arterta even if the stats don't bare it out.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
If we can keep Odegaard :pray:

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

sourdough posted:

If we can keep Odegaard :pray:

Yeah that's not happening for less than £50m

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I feel like he's going to be a lot more than 50m. Like, they paid 70m for pepe didnt they?

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
It's amazing Liverpool are only 3 points off from 4th from given how loving bad they were for close to three months straight. Could be worse, though, they could be Tottenham.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

habeasdorkus posted:

It's amazing Liverpool are only 3 points off from 4th from given how loving bad they were for close to three months straight. Could be worse, though, they could be Tottenham.

They were first place when they started collapsing though.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

TheRat posted:

I feel like he's going to be a lot more than 50m. Like, they paid 70m for pepe didnt they?

Yes, but covid finances player's wishes blah blah let's get it done for 50

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

TheRat posted:

I don't think anyone expects Pepe's fee to set the standard for what Arsenal will pay in the future, especially given that Raul is gone.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

your friend wicka posted:

We have a pretty decent first 11 or 12 players and there's a massive drop off after that, not just in terms of individual quality but in terms of none of the pieces fitting together properly. Everyone's known this for years yet every time we put out a weakened lineup and play poorly suddenly it's the manager's fault. And of course the solution our dumb as gently caress fans propose is firing the manager and the DoF and ensuring we have even more chaotic team building, I bet that'll work great!

The drop-off from Xhaka to Ceballos was incredible. The game also showed that Arsenal really can't play with both Laca and Auba at the same time, especially if Pepe is there as well. Need to bin some of them and get more creative attacking midfielders

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I want to hear more about these 11 or 12 good Arsenal players.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
At what point are commentators/pundits going to have to switch to talking about the big 10 instead of the big 6

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Shrapnig posted:

I want to hear more about these 11 or 12 good Arsenal players.

I said PRETTY DECENT, Shrap. Let's not big them up too much.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

STOP THE COUNT

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Arsenal players on huge final contracts sure love to disappear as soon as da ting is signed

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
This season, Spurs have dropped 14 points from winning positions in the last 15 minutes. Shameful stuff

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Weaponized Cum posted:

This season, Spurs have dropped 14 points from winning positions in the last 15 minutes. Shameful stuff

Actually, it’s good

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing

Slotducks posted:

The race for 4th is going to be interesting

Here's a little chart about the teams fighting for 4th and if they have a head to head coming up

i'm the backtick

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Bape Culture posted:

Actually, it’s good

https://twitter.com/DaveWalkerWHU/status/1317890103793143809

It provides us with content like this which is undoubtedly Cool and Good.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

It's loving wild that journalists are trying to make yesterday proof that Southgate needs to bring Trent to the Euros. Maybe he should, maybe he shouldn't but yesterday Trent was absolutely god drat awful for the first 90 minutes. Look at this insanity:

Not to mention he should have had a penalty given against him. What Southgate saw yesterday was an absolute liability of a right back that somehow ended up scoring from left wing in overtime.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I don't buy the penalty, but yeah, he's not the right RB for England and won't be until he gets much better defensively or moves into midfield

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

TheRat posted:

It's loving wild that journalists are trying to make yesterday proof that Southgate needs to bring Trent to the Euros. Maybe he should, maybe he shouldn't but yesterday Trent was absolutely god drat awful for the first 90 minutes. Look at this insanity:

Not to mention he should have had a penalty given against him. What Southgate saw yesterday was an absolute liability of a right back that somehow ended up scoring from left wing in overtime.

:shrug: he had a very good game yesterday, was involved in both goals and would have had another assist if VAR wasn't a complete poo poo show (or Jota had smaller arms). He also shut down a load of attacks, MotD did a good break down of his game last night

Also it wasn't a penalty.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Poocastle again then

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Just move TAA into midfield where he belongs.

He's probably England's sixth best right back but quite possibly their best right sided midfielder.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Shrapnig posted:

He's probably England's sixth best right back but quite possibly their best right sided midfielder.

Unironically this.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

TheRat posted:

You seem very rattled

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Impressive meltdown.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Shrapnig posted:

Yeah, and what works (sometimes) for Liverpool where TAA can basically play like a winger because other defenders, a good defensive midfielder, and a good goalkeeper can bail out his defensive lapses won't necessarily work for England where all the players and the playing system are different. Put him in midfield so it doesn't matter and he would probably be fine.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

TAA should go and play as wing back in the inevitable 3-5-2s and a bench option for set pieces/chasing a match when it's a back four. England can't be as exposed on that side against better sides or make good use of TAA. Wan Bisaka should go for the yin to this yang when it's dangerous opposition with a left sided player that needs to be stopped.

That's my terrible opinion on England's full backs.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Bundy posted:

TAA should go and play as wing back in the inevitable 3-5-2s and a bench option for set pieces/chasing a match when it's a back four. England can't be as exposed on that side against better sides or make good use of TAA. Wan Bisaka should go for the yin to this yang when it's dangerous opposition with a left sided player that needs to be stopped.

This is a pretty good take actually. Just moving TAA into the midfield isn't going to work at all, the reason he has so much freedom to pick out passes is because the players in front of him require so much defensive attention. Trent's a wingback, which is good to have when you're constantly going up against packed defenses and every player needs to contribute to break them down. He does require a certain type of setup though, like vyelkin said, which England doesn't use.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Bundy posted:

Nah that's about right.

TAA has Henderson to cover him when he roams forward and (usually) VVD to marshall the CBs and DMs Henderson doesn't play the same role for England and none of england's CBs are as good as Virg

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/Mike_Phelan_1/status/1381302748952592392

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Politics For All (@PoliticsForAlI) Tweeted:
🚨 NEW: Keir Starmer says he likes VAR:

“I quite like VAR. This is the lawyer in me.”

https://twitter.com/PoliticsForAlI/status/1380448192916025345?s=20

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
That tweet may well be the worst tweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
I hate mancchester united but Son should get a 3 match ban what a gutless little puke

Fernandinho should have been sent off too btw what good is VAR